Shapes´ Resonance - how to look for

April 12, 2020 at 11:52 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) asterzod
Shapes´ Resonance - how to look for
Hi, I´ve already proposed a technical tool for estimating the Planet Aspects compatibility in a thread of mine previously opened here. It seems to work a bit fine, but it misses an important part of synastry´s techniques, which is comparing directly the planets´ positions in the houses, putting these ones side by side. So I´ve got an idea looking at the wonderful "SHAPE" tool that everyone has surely seen in this website.

So you can simply do this: print the 2 Shapes you want to compare, at least one on a transparent sheet. Then superimpose the two shapes, letting the two Ascendent lines coincide. The more common part the two shapes have, the more number of planets in about the same group of houses you can have on average, getting vibrational resonance.
Furthermore, if also just the same planets are in the same shape zone (probably in the same house), then the SHAPE RESONANCE will be even stronger.

If you try and like this idea, then please invite the Astro-seek administrator to add this tool directly in the synastry section where 2 charts are compared.

Good Easter to everyone. :-)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 13, 2020 at 22:29
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The "shapes" here are titled bundle, bowl, locomotive, see-saw, splash, if you´re hearing a resonance that we should know about...
The shapes relate to ten main planets first and every thing else secondarily! :44:
April 14, 2020 at 06:41
(Pisces) asterzod » IIyyaarr13
What I said is not strictly dependent from the Shape Type. I meant the resonance is high when the common areas are greater. It has to do with two shapes comparison by overlapping them after putting both Ascendents on the exact same direction (left). So, even when two shapes would be of the same type, but they look in case very differently oriented, then they can have very few areas in common, so the resonance factor should be low, in spite of they were identical shape types. Viceversa, if they are the same type, AND they are also identically oriented respect to their Ascendent, then the common areas will be very greater, so the resonance factor should be very high in such case.
April 14, 2020 at 07:46
(Pisces) asterzod
Now I´ll attach an example. That is the shapes of two people, husband and wife, with a very long relationship. As you can see in the image, the two shapes have many part in common (at least the areas correlated to the 10th, 11th, 12th, 1st houses on left, and to the 6th house on right. Plus parts of the 9th, 2nd and 5th houses.

An heuristic formula to calculate the Shape Resonance Factor (SRF) is this one:

SRF (%) = 200 x C / (A + B)

where:
A = sum of the shadowed degrees in the partner A´s shape
B = as above for the partner B
C = the sum of the shadow degrees in the "AND" intersection (only the common parts overlapping A and B)

In the example of the attached picture, SRF ~ 200 x 160° /(210°+240°) ~ 71 %
that is a middle-high resonance!

This, however, will say nothing about positive or negative interference. For this you must look qualitatively at the planets involved and their position in houses. Fortunately, in this example you can see a nice overlapping of the A´s Moon with the B´s Sun, quite exactly in the same position in the respective 12th houses!
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
April 14, 2020 at 10:59
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » asterzod
Well-known high profile pairings with this light shadow versus heavy darker shadow thing would be impossible to ignore!! :44: :80: :16: :13:
April 14, 2020 at 14:49
(Pisces) asterzod » IIyyaarr13
I apologize, I´m Italian and my English is not enough good!
I would mean the shaded, cyan-colored degrees areas, no shadow, sorry for my mistake.
Also I couldn´t understand what you mean about soft/hard shadow... Is that some slang expression? Can you explain again it in a way easier for me to understand, please? :-)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »