Need Taurus man insight

January 13, 2020 at 12:14 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Lpowell
Need Taurus man insight
I need some insight and probably a blunt truth. I started seeing a Taurus man a little over a year ago. I was very clear with him from day one that I was only interested in something real and he said he was too. We took things very slow, as I’ve learned is the way with a Taurus. I’m a Leo.

We saw each other once or twice a week typically but most of the time we were spending time at his place. Part of the reason for not going out together much is because he is the high school basketball coach in our small town. One of my 2 high school age daughters is a cheerleader for the basketball team, and I’m very involved with sports boosters and things at school. We agreed that it was best to keep things private because of all the grey area there.

Things moved very slow with us and we never officially put a title on our relationship. He has 2 kids with 2 different women and has amicable relationships with both. I also have an amicable relationship with my ex husband/kids’ father so I didn’t have a problem with this. Until November.

In November, a picture was brought to my attention of him and his younger son’s mom at a party. They were standing next to each other, he had his arm around her shoulders and she was holding that hand. Now, part of me felt like it wasn’t a huge thing because I know they’re friendly and part of me felt like it crossed some boundaries. So I sent him the pic and asked about it. He had a very reasonable explanation that they are both friends with the hosts, didn’t know the other would be at the party and that she asked someone to take the pic.

But he had also previously told me that she still very much has feelings for him and brings up getting back together frequently. He said that he always tells her he doesn’t want that. So I told him that the pic looked like there was more to it than just running into each other at a party. He apologized and said he should have told me about it.

So things were fine after that for a while. He told me on thanksgiving that when he stopped by to see his son, they took a family pic together. I appreciated that he told me and we left it at that.

That brings us to Wednesday. Another pic was brought to my attention. It happened to be the pic from thanksgiving. He’s sitting on the couch with his son on his lap on one side and her on the other. I was pissed. I sent it to him and basically told him I’m not interested in wasting my time if there’s somewhere else he’d rather be. I support him having good relationships with his kids’ moms, but this looks like more than that. And I said if you want me in your life, I’d also like to have good relationships with your kids’ moms. I also brought up my ex and how we get along but have boundaries, so a pic like that would never happen.

He called on his break at work to tell me this was the pic he told me about on thanksgiving. He also said he needed to think about some things and would call me later.

He called that night and told me he needs to take a step back from everything and figure his life out. He said up until that morning, he thought everything was going really good between us and that he wants me. But he needs to figure out everything else. He said this (taking a step back) isn’t what he wants. I asked if that meant we were done completely or if this was kind of on hold until he figures things out. He said he didn’t know. I asked if he wanted to be with his sons mom and he said he didn’t know. I asked what he wants from me and he didn’t know. He told me I’m everything he wants in a woman, but he needs to take a step back. He did share a lot with me that he’s never said before - to anyone. About how he wants to be more involved in his kids’ lives and he wants to change jobs and maybe quit coaching so he can watch his older son play basketball. I gave him my honest opinion about a few things. He told me he appreciates me and that means more to him than it maybe does for other people. He said he didn’t want to hurt me, he just needed to figure things out. I said I feel like I’m gonna get a call from you in 6 months and he said I’d hear from him before that but feel free to curse him out.

So I don’t know how to process this. Obviously we ended things and it hurts. This isn’t what I want and he says it’s not what he wants. I respect that he needs to figure things out for himself and obviously if he still has feelings for his ex, I don’t want to be a second choice. I just don’t know if the things he said mean there’s any hope of him coming back to me or if I should just move on. I love him and want him in my life but I don’t want to feel like I’m convincing someone to want to be with me. Any Taurus’ out there willing to shed some light? I just don’t want to be naive and think there’s hope if this was just a nice way of saying it’s not you, it’s me. Help! His birthday is May 5, 1984 and mine is August 19, 1982.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
January 13, 2020 at 13:40
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
Being a Taurus myself, i would see it as perhaps he´s sitting on a couch with his son and his ex for a holiday pic. A pic doesn´t tell the whole story. You can be unhappy and divorced family and be in a photograph. I have some with my parents.

Assumptions and conclusions and projections on another person usually push them away. It sounds more like you have insecurities, fears, and want to control how he relates to his ex´s or at least tell him how it´s done.

He´s probably backing away because he´s sensing your controlling nature.
January 13, 2020 at 13:41
(Leo) Lpowell » goldenlion32
His ex was also sitting on his lap. Otherwise I’d have no issue.
January 13, 2020 at 13:42
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » goldenlion32
This has more to do with you Scorpio Ascendant. I would see how his Taurus opposes your Scorpio. Taurus doesn´t like being controlled or pushed.
January 13, 2020 at 13:43
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » Lpowell
I thought you said the kid was. What does your synastry look like?
January 13, 2020 at 13:44
(Leo) Lpowell » goldenlion32
I didn’t explain well enough. Both the kid and his ex were sitting on his lap - one on each side. That’s why it bothered me. I don’t know anything about synastry.
January 13, 2020 at 14:19
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » Lpowell
synastry is your bieth chart and his and how the planets and archetypes play into the way yoi interact and cimpatibility.
January 13, 2020 at 14:21
(Pisces) fishscales
I don´t think there´s much insight to be gained through astrology here.

By his own admission, the guy needs to figure things out.

All you can do is adjust your course of action as you see fit.
January 13, 2020 at 14:24
(Virgo) rohini moon
Sighs....oh boy

"I need some insight and probably a blunt truth"

I think you should forgo this man altogether. Focus on raising your daughters to the best of your ability, and maybe when they are all grown up, if you still want to try pursue a companion way down the road. Try then. I think it would be best for your children and your sanity.

This man just sounds gross. Sorry.
January 13, 2020 at 15:45
(Taurus) Iceblu333
1. Dont do private relationships. It opens the doors for a player to cheat.

Being the football coach he probably has some good looks/muscles and shit about him... and with his ex still wanting a relationship he now has options. But if him and the ex has kids as well with the ex that´s history... that ex will always be there and there´s nothing you can do about it.

You are insecure, but for good reason. You are not comfortable in the relationship.

Renegotiate the terms, or move on.

But it´s probably too late anyway... he needs time to figure out life. Shit I´f you got a career and kids, what else is there to figure out.

You fucked up when you made things private or on the low.

I know a Leo wants thier shine... So find someone else while he´s sitting on his fence... or... maybe his ex´s are sitting on his face...

You can´t control people, but don´t be stupid.

If you really want him, you need to find a way to be comfortable in the relationship...
January 13, 2020 at 16:24
(Taurus) dani_mae1
My blunt Taurus sun mercury and mars says that’s a line I’ve used in the past to break up with someone and trying not to hurt their feelings. Blunt answer to your question is to save your dignity and move on.
January 13, 2020 at 16:26
(Leo) Lpowell » dani_mae1
Thank you
January 13, 2020 at 16:33
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Lpowell
Also, no more hidden relationships.
January 13, 2020 at 16:36
One last question before I walk away completely. I texted him Saturday and said:
“Hey... just wanted to check in & see how you’re doing and remind you I have your hoodie (this is a sentimental hoodie his son gave him that he told me months ago he eventually wanted back). I think I may have left underwear at your place and Tanna (my daughter) is adamant about those plates! lol (I took him breakfast to work a few times, he kept the plates. My daughter jokingly said he better give them back at the time, I told him & it became a running joke. He says they’re his favorite plates). Let me know when you have time...... doesn’t need to be immediately”

His response was in two texts:
“I’m surviving but barely lol uhhhhh those plates are mine!”
Immediately followed by: “maybe I should let you keep the sweatshirt lol”

So does he just want to keep the plates/lose the sweatshirt so there’s something to remember each other by? Is it his way of having something to contact me about later? Does he just not want to see me now to exchange stuff??
January 13, 2020 at 16:41
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » Lpowell
I think you both need space from this situation. Is it possible for you to cut off communication at least for the day? Collect your thoughts and then decide on your next move.
January 13, 2020 at 16:43
That text exchange is the only communication we’ve had since the conversation Wednesday. I never responded to his two texts and there’s been no other communication. I was at the basketball game Friday because my daughter was cheering, but we didn’t speak.
January 13, 2020 at 16:46
(Taurus) nutelina » goldenlion32
Excuse me, how are you a Taurus Miss GoldenLion?
January 13, 2020 at 16:48
(Taurus) nutelina » Lpowell
Yes you are right, I had this breakup too. They just want a settlement. Then it´s all done. They are extremely shy people but I suspect a bit :49: (yes it´s a donkey) too.
January 13, 2020 at 16:53
(Pisces) fishscales » nutelina
I think she´s a Taurus moon...??
January 13, 2020 at 16:58
(Pisces) fishscales
We should just ask Taurus man directly what he thinks of this situation...

Please spare us the bull, Mr. Taurus...
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
January 13, 2020 at 17:15
(Virgo) rohini moon » Lpowell
I think you were just seeking the input of strangers anonymously on the Internet, because we don´t know you or him personally and you will get the direct honest truth. I don´t think astrology or synastry charts have much to do with this.. Or will be a viable option for help in this particular case..
January 13, 2020 at 17:20
(Leo) Lpowell » rohini moon
Yes and no. Yes, input from people who have no bias or investment is helpful to see things I may not see on my own. No, I don’t agree that astrology is irrelevant. I know that Taurus’ are a different breed and view things from their own perspective which is often very different than men in other signs. That’s why I came to an astrology forum. I want to understand as much as I can so that I can react and respond in the right way.

I’ve learned over the past year that he doesn’t typically do things the way most men do in my experience and he often uses his sign as an explanation for various behaviors.
January 13, 2020 at 18:11
(Taurus) nutelina » Lpowell
As a Leo sun you could do worse, date Aries instead :2: And see how you like that :61:
January 13, 2020 at 18:24
(Taurus) nutelina » fishscales
I think she meant that yes :4: Big difference with a real Taurus though!
January 13, 2020 at 18:28
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Lpowell
System message: Post has been written by user jerrynna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
honestly, you should move away from seeking answers through astrology or any other place right now and take a few deep breaths. try to shut the noise down and listen more closely to what is going on inside of you.

focus back to you and your path.

at least mirror his actions. he could have been talking for him and for you when he said „i need to figure things out“. you should do that too. not in the sense of playing mind games, in an honest, loving way. shift the focus on what really matters.

all the best :74:
January 15, 2020 at 14:35
(Sagittarius) Sus » Lpowell
You can´t judge a guy or girl only for their sun sign!
It´s not the most relevant aspect to understand a person. No way!! You need to check where is the moon, mercury, mars and venus and see how do they relate. Then the outer planets and how they relate with inner planets. Then check the house lords and house planets.
So...talking about sun Taurus (only and not complete) they are attached to things, places and people. They don´t like to loose anything! Even ex-wives...but when a Taurus guy is on love I assure you he´ll be commited, assume and put you a ring on your finger...
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »