Should women be allowed to marry more than one man?

December 4, 2019 at 15:32 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Astro, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Should women be allowed to marry more than one man?
What do you think about Polyandry? Would you engage in Polyandry as a female if it was legal?

Polyandry (/ˈpɒliˌændri, ˌpɒliˈæn-/; from Greek: πολυ- poly-, "many" and ἀνήρ anēr, "man") is a form of polygamy in which a woman takes two or more husbands at the same time. Polyandry is contrasted with polygyny, involving one male and two or more females. If a marriage involves a plural number of "husbands and wives" participants of each gender, then it can be called polygamy,[1] group or conjoint marriage.[2] In its broadest use, polyandry refers to sexual relations with multiple males within or without marriage.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
December 4, 2019 at 16:12
(Libra) leorising
Man have rules of relationship... if woman will be with 2 or more man, it will be all fake relantionship...
I ve read that comments above are from woman with Venus plus Uranus and they don’t like this idea of multiple relationship...
Imagine for me , I have Venus in scorpio.... I am very possessive
December 4, 2019 at 16:23
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » leorising
System message: Post has been written by user Astro, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
That´s not true about Venus/Uranus or Venus in Aquarius... I´ve never cheated in a relationship and I´ve had relationship that lasted over 10 years. Never a dull moment either.
December 4, 2019 at 16:34
(Libra) leorising » Astro
yes, i think my translation it was not good...
i ve said that women that commented your post, with venus plus uranus, even them dont liked idea of (woman marry with more one man) ...
and i have venus in scorpion got worse this idea...
December 4, 2019 at 16:36
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user orkest, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Nice euphemism for whoredom.

Ideological war continues. In Europe (as far as I know in US too) traditional family values are already weak. Mothers separated from their kids instead of raising them. Low birthrate and high divorce rate. Good luck with that.

But you have ´free´ will. Until next worldwide crisis.
December 4, 2019 at 17:42
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Well, why do we have to involve the (questionable) institution of marriage? You can legally have two or more lovers. There is a growing polyamorous community, so if you´re curious, why don´t you experiment with it and see how it works out. I am sure that it works for some and does not work for others. Some people don´t seem to be able to get beyond jealousy, others are successful at it. As one of the posters mentioned, putting up with one partner is trying enough for me. Others will thrive on the variety.
December 4, 2019 at 17:46
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » orkest
How well is traditional monogamy working? Not that well orkest. Also you are assuming that traditional monogamy is the only bonding system that has worked. There are others. I point you to the Mosuo women (a minority in China) who live in a matriarchal society where they take money husbands over a lifetime. The child´s maternal uncle sort of takes on the male role in relationship to the children, for what I understand. Seems to work. My point is that it is wrong to think that traditional monogamy is the only system that exists and is functional:
https://jezebel.com/in-chinese-matr…
December 4, 2019 at 17:48
(Gemini) hipogrifo010
Marrying 2 or more people has no benefits (depending on the country) other than medical security, obtaining an inheritance and other social status that someone must marry, from the point of view of the man having 2 or more women had a biological and historical background, The population today is high enough that such a thing is not necessary. Marriage is like a chain, if some shackles are weak, the chain is broken, I mean, if someone stops loving one of them, it will only bring misery and pain.
December 4, 2019 at 18:02
(Aries) ram_goat » hipogrifo010
Marrying 2 or more people has no benefits

Tibet.
December 4, 2019 at 18:04
(Aries) ram_goat » ancient_astrology
who live in a matriarchal society where they take money husbands over a lifetime

Sounds like the Phillipino culture.. :)
December 4, 2019 at 18:24
(Aries) ram_goat » orkest
Ideological war continues.

Bah. No war here. People who wish to engage in this lifestyle, simply do. Quietly. Since time immemorial. Ditto for homsexuality or any other lifestyle you can list. People vote with their feet, so to speak, quietly, in private. They always have..

Funny though that traditional opinions seem to predominate.. not everyone is cut out for even the "traditional" dynamic.. the stresses and challenges.

It also strikes me how clear sighted everyone is about this issue. So many posts in the wider forum about other questions.. "is this person right for me.." etc, where people seem so confused or stupid, but on this they come to clarity very quickly. But maybe it´s like being gay.. you are or you´re not and you don´t need to discuss it with yourself or convince yourself.. you know what you are and what you are not, innately.

In the rare cultures where this is practiced (Tibet.) there is always some drastic, compelling, reason related to material resources, and a very strong set of cultural supports surrounding the "institution" to keep it in its lane and on track.. same as with the "traditional" dominant 1:1 M:F model.

One might ask oneself, for such a deeply personal choice, why are there such strong and punative cultural mores all over the world, in all cultures, enforcing the dominant "practice"? Quiet bigotry? Quiet violence of the majorty against the minority? Easy to see this force & compulsion in the example of homosexuals, across time & history & (nearly all) cultures. In this issue the bigotry is a bit more veiled.

I´m still not sure why the same force needs to be applied to someone else´s choice that´s got nothing to do with me and does not impinge on my personal freedoms one iota. For the record, I´ve know a few "polys" and I privately thought their relationships were immature and childish and frankly, farcical..
Sooner or later all but 2 realized the same thing, and moved to more traditional relationships, after learning a little something about themselves. Obvious lessons learned a hard way. Silly, but it´s their lives not mine. All of them seemed to have trouble on some level with "words" and "meaning" and "assigning the proper word to the correct meaning of that word". That confusion kept most of them in that life far longer than they were happy being in it. But again you´de have to the know types involved here.. it´d make more sense to see them. Who they were, who they are.

My instinct tells me that in our busy western world and the harried lifestyles we lead, traditional is probably best. Where alternatives seem to work are mostly empty, rural, slow paced places where people have the time to devote to
human relationships. We just haven´t got the time in the west. There is hardly time for 1 person. But I am sure retirees, when get older and have more time, and their circle becomes smaller due to disablity, disease and death, probably get up to some hijinks, like the mythical circles among air force pilot´s wives of old..

December 4, 2019 at 18:44
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ancient_astrology
System message: Post has been written by user orkest, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Exactly it´s a minority in China and obviously it´s not the only system. I´ve read the article but I don´get it. How does it tell it´s a better system?

I was rather referring to our society where a man wants to have a child but wishes to raise his child, yet has to pay alimony. Would be perfect if the parents were faithful and create healthy and stable family. Not even for themselves but for their children.
December 4, 2019 at 18:50
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ram_goat
=====
I won´t prohibit anyone anything and I don´t want. I wish people best and if someone is fulfilled in poligamy then go ahead.
December 4, 2019 at 18:57
(Aries) ram_goat » orkest
I dislike these kinds of threads.

Usually, they lead nowhere, and end in people heatedly arguing over
what is essentially, bullshit- their own opinions.

avoiding arguing & negativity redeems the time wasted discussing individual opinion, somewhat, but only somewhat.

this thread is not worth more than 5 minutes of your life, if that...
December 4, 2019 at 19:13
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » orkest
Better or not. My point is that it´s different form of social relations, and in the case of that society, it seems to work. My only point is that traditional monogamy isn´t the only form of bonding that works.
December 4, 2019 at 19:37
(Gemini) hipogrifo010 » goldenlion32
Great answer :15:.
December 4, 2019 at 19:52
(Taurus) nutelina
Since women were property how did women get out of it? :14: :22:
December 4, 2019 at 19:54
(Taurus) nutelina » orkest
Good point but since when did other people pay for your pension and since when did women have to work? Coincidence?
December 4, 2019 at 19:56
(Taurus) nutelina » ancient_astrology
Did you just write "money husbands"? Are you sure you are not from Russia or Ukraine? :61:
December 4, 2019 at 22:45
(Libra) leorising » ram_goat
I did a google search about husband of Angela Merkel, I found name Joachim Sauer, he was born April 19th like you @ramgoat ...
December 5, 2019 at 00:16
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
:81: There are islands where full siblings are the exception and not the rule, meaning that the normal male condition of jealousy is not tolerated in the least!
Consider the American town where every formal courtship started with a woman holding a gun to a man´s head, what if 1 woman was allowed to get greedy and hold a gun to 7 men´s heads, then 6 perfectly decent girls would go partnerless! :39:
If you are a male bee, male ant, male wasp, then you are just a ´drone´ and not expected to be a great independent, self-reliant, contributor to the community to which you belong! :98: :98: :98: :98:
That´s enough from me! :7: :29:
December 5, 2019 at 00:39
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » IIyyaarr13
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
This is for you, IIyyaarr13. There are certain demographic areas in the U.S. (not only there) where ten females to one male makes you a treasure to be hunted. She would kill all her friends just to get you. Of course, you can enjoy all benefits of having multiply women and don´t ever have to commit to any of them. They will even fight for you in mud wrestling. The winner takes it all. Let´s check marriage statistics in those boroughs, around zero I guess, and lot of step children who never meet their fathers.
December 5, 2019 at 02:41
(Aries) ram_goat » leorising
you are a good detective!

as for parts of the USA, like Alaska where there are 20 men for every female..

the old saying holds true: "the odds are good, but the goods are odd.."

ditto for Antarctica.
December 5, 2019 at 02:47
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Why bother marrying many men? Easier to just date many for unlimited free meals and services.

I mean think about it. And unlimited attention from so many exciting new sources!

Oh wait, most of yall young ladies already do that. Because you can, and it gives more benefit than committing to one. Unlike men, yall women have what everyone wants. You already know.
Men, what we uniquely had, protection and provision, is now taken up by police and government, so we much more expendable. Cant replace the value of a female body though.

So its easy, and universally common unless you got a religious traditional society like man Arab nations, and some Asian I think. Though pretty sure they modern now, with same thing happening.

And there is no consequence... for you ladies anyways. Actually there is nothing but benefit for yall.

Im not speaking with hate, more like facts. Simply opening eyes to what has gone so horribly wrong with humanity. You don´t even need me to tell you what the problems are.
December 5, 2019 at 03:28
(Pisces) fishscales » nutelina
"Did you just write "money husbands"?"

Sounds like a third world game show...
December 5, 2019 at 05:16
(Aries) ram_goat » fishscales
"The world is getting more and more complicated."

Indeed. The symptom of bigger egos and overactive intellects...

Pluto in Capricorn?
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »