What elements in the other person´s chart make us go wild/obsessed with them?

November 10, 2019 at 20:15 (UT/GMT)
(Capricorn) Luna Alba
What elements in the other person´s chart make us go wild/obsessed with them?
Hola! I know our own chart/psychology plays a major role -maybe a heavy Scorpionic influence, a Venus - Mars conjunction, a certain position of Pluto, lots of fire in chart...
But what about the person that makes us go wild? What are the ingredients that drive us crazy, according to astrology? :4:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
November 10, 2019 at 21:03
(Pisces) N_thecat
>"Hola! I know our own chart/psychology plays a major role -maybe a heavy Scorpionic influence, a Venus - Mars conjunction, a certain position of Pluto, lots of fire in chart..."

You can be right here, I see these things the same way - on first place Pluto influence and aspects between Venus and Mars (not only conjunction?), strong Scorpio traits in chart, fire elements at the end (I have doubts about it).
November 10, 2019 at 21:19
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » N_thecat
Yep, but these are traits that indicate a person´s tendancy to obsess over someone.
I was more interested in the triggers that exists on the other person´s chart that activate our obsession :4:
November 10, 2019 at 21:30
(Aries) ram_goat
your mars or lillith in the other person´s 1st house.
November 10, 2019 at 21:32
(Aries) ram_goat » Luna Alba
I was more interested in the triggers that exists on the other person´s chart that activate our obsession

erm just take most of the advice in here and switch "yours" for "theirs" and "theirs" for "yours"...

these aspects work both ways.
November 10, 2019 at 22:23
(Pisces) N_thecat » ram_goat
>"I was more interested in the triggers that exists on the other person´s chart that activate our obsession

these aspects work both ways."

Exactly.On another example -I saw charts of people where the same aspect can make one person a bully and second victim of bullying...
November 10, 2019 at 22:28
(Aries) ram_goat » N_thecat
https://illumeastrology.blogspot.com/…

a bit pedestrian, but not the worst site..

synastry house overlays also are seldom talked about in here..

I think of synastry house overlays as the deep long running dynamics

and the planet aspects largely (but not exclusively!) as personality stuff..

passing storms, things people can work through if they put the effort into it..

houses are a different level.
November 11, 2019 at 04:25
(Pisces) fishscales » ram_goat
"I think of synastry house overlays as the deep long running dynamics

and the planet aspects largely (but not exclusively!) as personality stuff..

passing storms, things people can work through if they put the effort into it..

houses are a different level."

Agree with this...
November 11, 2019 at 04:38
(Pisces) fishscales
"What elements in the other person´s chart make us go wild/obsessed with them?"

I knew a girl whose Pluto was conjunct my ascendant

She was obsessed... I never really understood why... We had nothing in common...

8th house overlays... Particularly those involving the moon...can lead to obsession I think...

Sun, Mars, and Pluto 8th house overlays as well...

Moon in hard aspect to Pluto..maybe even in soft aspect...but I´d consider the soft aspects more "magnetic" than obsessive...though the conjunction could be both...

Then there´s sexual obsession...

Venus/Pluto aspects...those are a big one...

I would also look at any combination of aspects between Eros, Pluto, and BML for sexual obsession, a sexual attraction that defies reason/emotion, or is difficult/impossible to control

Venus/BML contacts too...
December 29, 2019 at 15:43
(Leo) Zephyrin
Sun conjunction Moon

Venus/Pluto aspects

Mars/Moon aspects especially hard ones.

Lilith in 5th house of the partner.
December 29, 2019 at 19:58
(Scorpio) Angelina
From my personal experience :
:154: - :160:
:155: - :160:
Black moon lilith (lilith works for me very strongly) with :155: :160: :152: :154:
:155: :154: :160: aspects to Asc ( :160: I would say acts in a strongest manner. Even parallel had much effect in my case).
:155: with :159:
Also house overlays with 1st, 8th, sometimes 7th and in easy way 5th
December 30, 2019 at 17:51
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Snm Str, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I think more square angles are obsessed, and especially angles that are square with the water element; venus cancer square pluto libra like
December 30, 2019 at 18:11
(Pisces) fishscales » Angelina
"Black moon lilith (lilith works for me very strongly) with :155: :160: :152: :154:"

My wife and I have a Pluto/BML conjunction... Her Pluto, my BML..exact, at one degree Scorpio...

It is powerful...

To make things even saucier, her Eros is in on the conjunction too...
December 30, 2019 at 19:07
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » fishscales
Also check for True Black Moon lilith conjunct pluto as well...

I was wondering why I was so hung up on my ex and found out why.

It´s True BML conjunct Pluto exact.

Freaked me out. We have other major aspects too but that one takes the cake.
December 30, 2019 at 19:31
(Scorpio) Angelina » Iceblu333
I am also using true BML, didn´t write that
December 30, 2019 at 20:24
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Angelina
I didn´t know about the conjunction with True BML until I started experimenting with the extended selections.

I´ve also found that quincunx, and octiles are very important...

The True BML match was an honest mistake... but I´m glad I found it.

My point,

I use and experiment with everything.... because you never know what you might miss...

Ttyl
December 30, 2019 at 20:58
(Pisces) fishscales » Iceblu333
I use mean, but even with true, our conjunction would be within 3 degrees... Just about allowable for BML I think...

I dunno... I´m not hardcore about which Lilith to use, but I definitely think our conjunction has a very "exact" feel to it...
December 31, 2019 at 04:11
(Leo) RunnerChic85
I´ll give my personal experience here. I find it so fascinating how my husband and I got, and stayed, together.

Me ♌️ and hubby ♉️. Pop astrology would say run for the hills.

We were attracted to each other from the get-go--I loved his charm, and his easy-going manner, and his sunny personality. I felt comfortable around him immediately...and normally it takes me awhile to warm up to people.

I didn´t get into astrology until the last couple months, and now I know why we go so good together. We both have Venus as our dominant planet, and my ♎️ moon was attracted to his ♎️ ascendant! What I think drew him to me was my Venus in Cancer in the first house-with ♉️ being a homebody and loving the sensual things, he (also a Venus person) probably subconsciously thought I could provide it--heck, it was right there in my first house and I couldn´t hide it.

It´s not to say our relationship is without problems--remember our suns square each other. Thankfully we´re both very stubborn and dedicated people (thanks to our fixed nature), and we´ve both grown a lot the almost 17 years we´ve been together.
December 31, 2019 at 04:42
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » ram_goat
Interesting--never considered Lilith, but my Lilith (and my north node and part of fortune) is in Taurus, and he is a Taurus dominant (sun, moon, and mercury). He´s actually a Libra rising (1st house), but Libra and Taurus are both ruled by Venus, so very similar. I´m a Libra moon.

I guess I´m writing because this is so interesting...my whole extended family never wanted us together, but we will celebrate 17 years this February.
December 31, 2019 at 06:06
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Whatever elements make people romantically or sexually obsessed certainly dont exist in my chart. Just consider my chart the combination of things every woman doesnt want, in a sexual manner. ??
(Venting frustration and making some humor of it. Trying to)

Knowing what creates a turnoff, will certainly help figure out what makes a turn on. By logical deduction. And my chart is the perfect example of infinite turn off. Or infinitely seen as a little brother of sorts. Make your studies?✌
December 31, 2019 at 06:15
(Aries) ram_goat » RunnerChic85
Check your house overlay synastry too..

Lots to see there.. very long term dynamics
December 31, 2019 at 07:43
(Cancer) TimeLord
Nothing ever made me wild.
I´m too calm.
December 31, 2019 at 11:05
(Capricorn) boyakasha the guru
I have a person whose 8th house has my sun, mercury, Pluto and Venus in it.
Her moon is conjunct my Lilith.
Her Pluto is conjunct my Venus (exact aspect).
My sun in conjunct with her Pluto.
We also have Venus sextile and trine mars (exact aspects).
Her Neptune conjuncts my ascendant.
Her Venus conjuncts my ascendant.
Her Mars is in my 8th house.
Her Mars is sextile with my Pluto
My north node is in her 8th house.
My Jupiter is in her 12th house.

One really helpful person here pointed all of these aspects out and said it´s an obsession from both sides (also said it could be a twin flame idk) :3: This might be helpful for you! Guys what is your say on this?? Probably going to be handed
much needed reality checks by elder astrologers here but please do so...
December 31, 2019 at 17:56
Thanks for pointing that out. I just checked it here on the website--wow, very interesting. His 1st and my 4th overlap. We both have Pluto in those respective houses. Also his 4th and my 8th overlap, and we both have Jupiter there.

As for our 11th houses (synastry does not overlap)--mine is in Taurus (his sun), and his is in Leo (my sun).
Synastry is something new to me, but very interesting!
December 31, 2019 at 18:15
(Aries) ram_goat » RunnerChic85
do a search for "house overlay synastry"

it fills in a lot of missing pieces when you look at it.

and you misspoke.. ALL your houses occupy a place on his chart,
and the same is true for all HIS houses..

if you do an astroseek synastry chart, the house overlays are
on the right hand side in a small chart about where the wheel
chart ends and the text description begins..

there is no planet on your chart that does not occupy a house on his chart, and vice versa, although sometimes you can have the same planet in the same house on eachother´s chart.
December 31, 2019 at 18:26
Not quite sure where to go on here for house overlay synastry--I just went to where it says "compatibility." Anyway, here is what came up for us when I went there...bear with me, I´m new to this and still trying to figure this out.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »