Online Dating and Relationships

October 1, 2019 at 00:40 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Lib_8
Online Dating and Relationships
Hi,

I’m curious as to how and if relationships started online can show up on one’s chart. My friends have been encouraging me to try online dating but I’m hesitant.

Does anything show up in my current transits indicating some success with that?

The thing is I’ve been single for quite some time now and I’m kinda ok with it. But a part of me does also feel that I’ve kinda been neglecting my personal life and I want to consider dating again.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
October 1, 2019 at 13:42
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Noooo, just no. Don´t do that. The other person you like, speak to for long time, having feeling to, can block you anytime for any reason without explanation and decent dealing. Or they delete their account and you can do nothing about it, because you have no other contact. It´s not mandatory to share phone number, audio, video, photos, other contacts. In astro-seek private chat is even worse, as you cannot even share this, only text. It doesn´t matter how much polite and kind you are, you still under extreme risk all the time. Doesn´t matter that you are ready to visit her offline. It may happen anyway. You have no guarantee. They just think you are too sure so they don´t value you. Do you want to be one of his thousands options? Just avoid online. Especially avoid astro-seek. Plenty of reckless men and women. Now, that 95% of good ones are silent, dead and never log in to read your message. Just avoid. Join only dating sites which don´t have blocking feature at all and which they have message-reading+reply guarantee. I think no such site exist, so avoid that completely. In real life is different. You must deal with people like the way you like or not, no blocking. All online people have really abnormal psychology and sociology settings. No matter that you are compatible well, it´s not enough for dealing with idiotic communication patterns.
October 1, 2019 at 14:04
(Libra) Lib_8 » MarvinReal
Yes it’s scary Marvin. Generally love and relationships are a risk and yes online I feel adds more risk.

I don’t mean to use Astro-seek for that purpose at all. Yes the private messages can be weird and creepy especially being the fact that I have put up no pic or even my name. So
I’m not sure how some people can claim to “feel a connection” on this site.
October 1, 2019 at 14:16
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Lib_8
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
You can put photos to your astro-seek profile or share with another person via different platforms.

You can say your real name to a person you chat and trust and care about. ... Which he/she can use against you in future. Can you believe it??

Funny thing on astro-seek is that a woman/man who understands astrology less than me can have her/his fixed opinion on our synastry and therefore think it´s not that great, despite is actually quite fine. Can you believe it?? This paradox of astrology website is not an issue in real life at all.

But it may happen later on what happened to me that she outed (revealed publicly) our private conversation. Such mentality even blocked me after I appealed to admin to fix that. Can you believe it??
October 1, 2019 at 14:19
System message: Post has been written by user Davis212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
What is life without risks, but a very boring and dull endeavor!

I agree with Marvin in his point that the psychology of many individuals online is sometimes very creepy - I´ve met a few of those, especially here at Astroseek (but I have absolutely no regrets). But there are thousands of couples that have met online, and are having very fulfilling relationships. The proof of that can be found very easily.

I think it is more a matter of our own astrological placements, the thing that makes online dating a "productive" endeavor or not.

If one follows a few rules, then online dating can be very fun and even transformative. It all depends on one´s attitude, really.

If one is too clingy, needy, pessimistic, possessive, and stuck in past failures; then one should stay away from online dating. Gee, we should stay from ANY kind of dating.

My experiences with online dating didn´t get me a "soulmate", but it did give me many valuable experiences, one of which is being able to recognize what I really want and need from a relationship.

And btw, you do have the placements for online dating.
October 1, 2019 at 14:22
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Davis212
System message: Post has been written by user Davis212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
And the transits as well.
October 1, 2019 at 14:56
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
You are a Gemini Descendant. Geminis are extremely good communicating online and they naturally seek a network of friends to share with.

Then the ruler of your Descendant (Mercury) is in the house of "networking" - the 11th house - naturally ruled by a planet that govern the internet and all kinds of electronic type of communications; Uranus.

Then Mercury is in Libra - a very social sign - conjunct your Libra Sun, also in your 11th house.

Then you have the Moon in the house of communication (the 3rd) in the sign of the Internet; Aquarius. So you just LOVE to talk, don´t you? ;-). And from the 3rd, that Aqua Moon is trine to both, the Sun and Mercury in the 11th. God, you are a chatterbox,haha.

Add to all that that the ruler of your 3rd house of communication, is Uranus (internet) and is placed in your 1st house in the very adventurous sign of Sagittarius - your Ascendant. In fact, Uranus is conjunct your Ascendant, which makes you very "Uranus-like" in your personality. That´s why you probably love to have a big circle of good friends to share with. Or not too many, but a few very close ones.

It seems that you are unlucky in the "romantic department", but very fortunate in the "friends department", aren´t you?

So as you can see, you don´t have one, but many placements good for online dating.

Then you currently have transiting Jupiter exactly conjunct your adventurous Sagittarius Ascendant. Jupiter "expands" this adventurous inclinations and make you more daring.

Then you have transiting North Node trine Venus. Great for meeting new people and interacting with then romantically.

Then transiting Chiron is in your 5th house of romance (a change to heal wounds of love) and opposite Mercury in the 11th - an opportunity to take risks in order to heal, and to regain self-confidence after sooooo many failures in love.

The "potentials" are there. Don´t give up on love yet. But DO understand fully the manifestations of "Saturn conjunct Venus". Until you do, you are headed for losses every time, and will blame it on others as you usually do. Sorry; just being a straightforward and blunt Aries Ascendant, ;-)).
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
October 1, 2019 at 15:05
(Cancer) ZynCitrus » Davis212
Good point Davis - I was wondering how you got dating from placements, because I was looking at Aqua - 3H - ruler in 12th - distant lands, foreigner, but that was general meeting people from distant lands, I did not connect it to dating.... And when I think about Gemini, I connect it to neighborhood, and ruler in 11 - among friends, meeting someone through friends. I considered her age also, because I think it´s more common for younger to date online, but today looks like the only way...
Myself, always ended up dating someone who I met online but never on dating site, It was online-game community, real-estate forum :61: and fitness community forum...I am not a type to date online and I refuse it, don´t know why, but I guess those come natural through mutual interests :61: :61: but I have aqua 11th and Uranus in 7th :179: so bunch of "foreign and distant energy"
October 1, 2019 at 15:26
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I would say it´s easy to see in my natal chart with Uranus in the 3rd and North Node Aquarius in the 7th house.

You can see Aquarius intercepted in your 3rd house, Uranus in Sag in the 12th, so of course like myself I´m Sag Sun, Neptune in Sag writing this.

Obviously it connects various types of relationships.

Uranus in Sag opposition Uranus in Gemini might have something to do with it.

Other wise Uranus opposition Pluto.
October 1, 2019 at 16:00
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » MarvinReal
=====
"I don´t care about evidence of online dating. Every website and product has false reviews."

Of course, they do. I was also referring to experiences from people I actually know.

"Most dating sites were scam or unfair."

I agree. There are very few good ones. One of them is "Spiritual Singles".

"I don´t want to swipe right or left just because I like a picture. It´s idiotic and lacks respect to humanity."

I fully agree. I don´t use those, except for fun and to flirt, haha.

"I met my first girlfriend when all planets were in 7th and 8th in 2002-2004. The second one now when Saturn trine my Venus. If it fail which I hope not, I can wait another decade if will be necessary. I don´t count small affairs or wish-to-be."

Well, I hope that it does work out for you.

"Aspects of online dating in natal chart I don´t have, you do. Enjoy, buddy!"

Oh yes, you do. Ruler of 12th (Venus) in your 11th (in Whole Houses), and ruler of 11th (Mercury) in the 12th. Then a Sagittarius Uranus sextile a 11th house Virgo Sun. So you are good at networking and love to engage with others online. But your recent bad experiences are making you very cautious, which is understandable.

But the fact that you have had many bad experiences online, doesn´t mean that you don´t have those placements - yo do. You just have been very unlucky about it; that´s all. Is it the "online dating" that is at fault or your own astrological placements? That´s a rethorical question meant as "food for thought", :-)).
October 1, 2019 at 16:06
(Libra) Lib_8 » MarvinReal
Sorry to hear about your bad experience Marvin. Hopefully you can heal from this and try again. Believe me the best way to heal from such situations is to stay single for a while and analyze what went wrong. You’ll know when you are ready to try again.
October 1, 2019 at 16:19
(Libra) Lib_8 » Davis212
Hi Davis!

Yes I love to talk :) and I’m pretty good at articulating my thoughts. Many times I use it to problem solve or called upon for conflict resolution.

I do not use this ability in a wrong way. What I mean is I won’t sweet talk my way through anything. When I communicate my feelings I really feel it. I won’t say something just to get brownie points or to suck up to someone.

I have a few but close friends and I like it that way.

I have healing to do you’re right but I know I also have to have faith and try. I am not interested in casual flings so I will stay away from the swipe left swipe right sites. My heart was broken the worst by a Sagittarian man. Without generalizing I’m still to this day untrustworthy of them. Lol back then I should have done synastry!

Not sure if a good experience with a Sagittarian male will change me but I would find it very hard to trust one. But I know things and people change and I should be open.

Believe it or not I was extremely shy as a kid.

Thanks for giving me some faith and confidence to try.
October 1, 2019 at 16:29
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ZynCitrus
=====
"Good point Davis -"

Thanks!

"I was wondering how you got dating from placements, because I was looking at Aqua - 3H - ruler in 12th - distant lands, foreigner, but that was general meeting people from distant lands, I did not connect it to dating...."

I see. Yes, it is frequently connected to meeting people in foreign lands, which frequently occurs online first. Also in Whole Houses, there is a direct connection of the 3rd (communication) with the 11th (online stuff).

"And when I think about Gemini, I connect it to neighborhood, and ruler in 11 - among friends, meeting someone through friends."

That´s one possible scenario. But the 11th is also about networking through its modern ruler, Uranus, which rules all electronic interactions.

"I considered her age also, because I think it´s more common for younger to date online, but today looks like the only way..."

Indeed! More and more more older adults are engaging in online dating or friendships.

"Myself, always ended up dating someone who I met online but never on dating site, It was online-game community, real-estate forum :61: and fitness community forum..."

I see. Most of the people I interact with, I´ve met online. And having my Moon in my 12th, inclines me towards wanting to interact with others from a "secluded" and "distant" space, haha. I am a loner in real life, and a Gemini online, haha.

"I am not a type to date online and I refuse it, don´t know why, but I guess those come natural through mutual interests :61: :61:"

Yes, many individuals prefer the advantages of online dating (which includes ALL kinds of online interactions, and just through a dating website; as you mentioned). We get to know a LOT about a person before actually meeting in person; we get to understand the type of "dynamic" we will have with them in real life; and we are less "committed", which makes it more relaxed, free, independent, fun, and non-conventional.

"..but I have aqua 11th and Uranus in 7th :179: so bunch of "foreign and distant energy"

Indeed! Also Jupiter in Sagittarius.
October 1, 2019 at 16:50
=====
"Hi Davis!"

Hi!

"Yes I love to talk :) and I’m pretty good at articulating my thoughts."

I know, :-)).

"Many times I use it to problem solve or called upon for conflict resolution."

And you have the perfect placements for that! Libra Sun conjunct a Libra Mercury in the 11th. Libras are the mediators par excellence!

"I do not use this ability in a wrong way. What I mean is I won’t sweet talk my way through anything."

I understand.

"When I communicate my feelings I really feel it. I won’t say something just to get brownie points or to suck up to someone."

I can see that from the chart. You have a very lovely "Kite" pattern aspect in your chart.

"I have a few but close friends and I like it that way."

Same here!

"I have healing to do you’re right but I know I also have to have faith and try."

Indeed! There is nothing to be gain from running away from life, :-).

"I am not interested in casual flings so I will stay away from the swipe left swipe right sites."

Please do! Haha! "Spiritual Singles" is a great site. Most of its members are individuals who are on a spiritual journey of some kind. Many are into astrology and mysticism, also.

"My heart was broken the worst by a Sagittarian man. Without generalizing I’m still to this day untrustworthy of them. Lol back then I should have done synastry!"

I am really sorry for that :-(.

I think it is a matter of analyzing all the chart and placements as a whole. Sagittarius can be a bit detached emotionally and a little too bent on freedom and independence. But you are a Sagittarius Asc yourself. Also a Gemini Descendant, which is the opposite sign to Sagittarius, which make them compatible. Sagittarius can be free and Independent (and a bit detached), but they are not inherently disloyal; they are ruled by Jupiter.

"Not sure if a good experience with a Sagittarian male will change me but I would find it very hard to trust one. But I know things and people change and I should be open."

Yes indeed; people do change. I feel that the real issue was not based on him being a Sag, but on his chart as a whole, and in the overall synastry.

"Believe it or not I was extremely shy as a kid."

Seriously?? With that Moon? Haha.

"Thanks for giving me some faith and confidence to try."

Always my pleasure, :-)).

I´ll give you a few "tips" later on during the day.
October 1, 2019 at 16:54
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
I have no idea about chart placements and online dating.

Online dating is just a tool. Dating is a numbers game. The more people You meet the more likely You are to find someone compatible.

I think the mistakes that are made in online dating and regular dating include the following.....

Long distance rarely works. Most people enjoy the physical presence of their partner on a regular basis. Only deal with people close by.

Meet up in a safe, neutral place ASAP. If someone hesitates....move on. No excuses!
I have known people to drag things out for months without meeting. It’s a time waster.

Always use Your brain and analyze the situation.
It is so easy to be blinded by our emotions.

Most importantly know who You are , what You need from a relationship and what You can give in order to get.
All relationships are a mutual fulfillment of needs.

Actually ,most important , is be honest and require honesty from whom ever You are involved with.

Astrology can be a guide but it isn’t set in stone.

Good luck! :27:

Oh, I almost forgot. Soul mates, twin flames , “The One”...that is all a load of horse manure.
There are millions of people that we could have a fulfilling relationship with.
They would be different but satisfying.
October 1, 2019 at 17:16
(Aries) ram_goat » Leo Moon
Astrology can be a guide but it isn’t set in stone.

aah the people who most need to understand this, unfortunately, never will..

and the ones who don´t need to learn it don´t look at astrology anyway, so the wisdom might as well not exist in the world at all..

and in between, lies the twilight zone, where kooky women post about twinflames, and blindly think of astrology´s influence as rigidly mechanistic.
October 1, 2019 at 17:37
(Taurus) nutelina » MarvinReal
Dating sites are either not meant to work because they wouldn’t make any money or they are designed by men. Maybe women should design an anti predator mechanism for guys like us ?
October 1, 2019 at 17:39
(Taurus) nutelina » ram_goat
Well I’m sure I’m glad meeting good people who kick ass occasionally and are not douchebags.

Even fire with Cancer moon can be a win for some.
October 1, 2019 at 17:42
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » nutelina
One is called Bumble. There are such sites.

Life is dangerous. Be smart minimize risk....

Stay away from nutelina! Ha ha. ( hey ... You said it)
October 1, 2019 at 17:49
(Taurus) nutelina » MarvinReal
Maybe this is an opportunity Marvin. Astro-Seek is by far the best assessment but it is not private. Zero Knowledge Proof is a technology that encrypts data but can still answer questions. I wonder if you could make a synastry without revealing the actual data only the result.

Online dating needs a lot of people and to make sure there is no cheating is a very hard problem. You can complain all your life but I’d suggest thinking that one complaint cost you nothing but everyone who reads it drains energy because it’s not positive. I’m not saying yours points are not valid they are just often in a complaint format.
October 1, 2019 at 17:50
(Taurus) nutelina » Leo Moon
Of course I am the bastardized version of ...
October 1, 2019 at 17:57
(Aries) ram_goat » nutelina
Dating sites are either not meant to work because they wouldn’t make any money

oh thats a dirty secret.. but logical..

and just like down at the heroin dealer.. the first hit is always free..
for the cost of your facebook id or email..
October 1, 2019 at 19:47
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » ram_goat
My Sister met her husband on a dating site.
They have been together for at least 15 years.

So they do work on occasion.

Better a dating site than heroin addiction.
Well mostly.....ha ha! :4:
February 16, 2020 at 01:09
(Libra) Lib_8
Just want to update everyone who posted on this thread especially Davis. I know a lot of you said I had the transits to meet and connect with someone online but it didn’t happen. People that I tried to connect with didn’t respond and people that I didn’t feel a connection to did. So in the end it was a dud. I have no regrets but I don’t think I’ll ever try it again.

I haven’t given up on love but realized online is not the way to go for me.

Do I have any fortunate transits for love coming up?
February 16, 2020 at 01:42
=====
Thanks for a feedback and reminding me of this topic where I was especially angry. :1: I replied on your other topic.
February 16, 2020 at 08:36
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
There´s a lot of soul intentions you can gain from interacting with others online and dating being one of them. There usually is a lot of life lessons in trusting your intuition, feelings, and emotions.

I believe the more time you spend online interacting with other people you do see the deceptions, the mind games, the strategy, the manipulation of the five senses.

Online relationships can be quite deceptive. Not always in a negative way, but you´re actually learning how you can imagine and create a certain visual of what you believe someone is like versus who they actually are behind the screen. We have very creative minds and you really learn how you can have this whole fantasy, fiction, illusion about how someone feels about you, versus what they feel.

It´s quite interesting actually because people hide behind virtual reality, photographs, the writing on the wall, and you only know what they show you. While their life can be completely different offline.

There can be hidde apps and files on technology. There is hidden conversations in various forms through email, chat, cam, etc.

Technology does a good job of reflecting the dark and light side of human nature and pushing the psyche.

You might think someone´s your best friend and they turn out to be someone screwing with your mind just because they can.

While people date all the time online, I would tell you to stick with relationships offline if you feel it´s healthier, because online you´re going down the rabbit whole and never sure where you´re going with people.

Not saying there aren´t legit relationships that come from online, but really you´d have to take some time getting to know the person.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »