THE INADEQUACIES OF SYNASTRIES

June 17, 2019 at 16:09 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Davis212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

It has come to my attention - after having analyzed lots of them - that the astrological compatibility test called “Synastry”, can be very deceiving, and should never be trusted as a reliable tool to establish compatibility or lack thereof , but should only be regarded as an analysis of “Potentials”.

A “potential” could be defined as the “probability” or “likelihood” for something to occur or to manifest. It means that the “possibility” exist for something to happen, or for something to manifest itself.

But a potential is only a potential, and not a future “fact”. That it exists as a high possibility, does not in any way means that it will occur or manifest itself; only that the “potential” is there to be taken advantage of, if both partners really work on it as a team.

Whether that potential manifest or not, depends on many factors such as:

1. The individual placements and aspects, as opposed to the synastry ones.

2. Whether the individual is manifesting the higher behavior/attitudes of any given aspect/placement, or its lower manifestations, instead.

3. How willing are BOTH partners to put in the necessary effort to make it work.

Of the 3 points above, I consider point #3 as representing an 80% of the success.

In this “modern” and fast world, most people want relationships to work on their own, without ANY effort on their part. Everything is “fine” until it is not.

Now, it is VERY easy to get along and to feel “in love” when there are no disagreements occurring; that, ANYONE can do! But the real test of character - AND of real compatibility - is, What happens when there is an important disagreement between the partners? How do they solve it? What methods do they use to do that? And just right THERE, we would know how compatible or not are they as a couple. We would have established a 70-80% of such compatibility or lack thereof, with just that one point.

Unfortunately, there is absolutely NO way to see that from a Synastry, no matter how much other astrologers may think otherwise. Believe me, I´ve had great synastries with quite a few females, where we had many good aspects with Moon, Mercury, and Jupiter; aspects (among a few other ones) that allegedly indicate a great communication between us. And it all was fine until it was not. At the first sign of an important disagreement, all those lovely aspects went to shit. Like just boom, badaboom, gone!

And from an “All is lovely and sweet, and how much we like each other”, we go to:

1. Trying to make the other wrong instead of trying to UNDERSTAND each other´s point(s).

2. Trying to “win an argument” instead of trying to find common ground for agreement.

3. Reacting to the other’s comments, ideas, or concepts (taking things personally), instead of just realizing that we ALL have a different mind with different thought patterns. As soon as one takes something personal, we have already erected a HUGE barrier to understanding - especially if it is about something that is not a clear unkind act that violates already established agreements, and which really puts in danger the survival of the relationship.

4. Trying to just “Be right” as an obsession/compulsion, without no willingness at all to inspect our ideas to see if there is something incorrect about them. This is called “Humility”, and VERY few have that quality/trait.

The 4 points above are the “normal” operating basis for most relationships; a “Power struggle” instead of an “attempt to understand” each other.

But when one has determined that an “attempt to understand each other”, is the basic method used to solve conflicts and disagreements, then one has already established at least a 60-70% of compatibility, regardless of any synastry - good or “bad”.

Synastry aspects, all by themselves, means just NOTHING; that has been my experience as an astrologer. True, it is wise to examine the “Potentials” that exist - for a possible compatibility or lack thereof - as determined by synastries/composites, BEFORE engaging in a relationship.

And if one sees just too many Mars/Pluto, Mars/Saturn, Moon/Saturn, Moon/Pluto, Venus/Saturn, Venus/Pluto hard aspects in the synastry chart (especially the first two), one better err in the direction of dismissing that relationship, than in the direction of “giving it a chance”. But my point is, that synastry aspects are Just “Potentials”, and never necessarily a reality. For a REAL test of compatibility I use the following two points:

1. How similar their system of beliefs are.

2. What method and specific attitudes do they use to handle their conflicts and disagreements.

On #1 above, I don´t mean whether or not they like the same things; that´s a child-like way to establish “compatibility”. “Oh, but she likes the same type of movies I like!”; “How interesting, he also loves music!”; “She likes astrology as I do!”, etc, etc, etc, yawn, yawn, yawn……..

No, what I am talking about are BELIEFS; not mere preferences for fun activities. Do they have similar moral principles? Do their level of honesty match? Do they have similar spiritual (not necessarily religious) beliefs, attitudes, and motivations? Do they have a similar concept (attitude and actual support) on Human Rights and liberties? THAT kind of thing.

And if their system of beliefs match, and if they BOTH (never just one of them) use a method/attitude of handling conflicts/disagreements which include, kindness, compassion, understanding, mutual responsibility, fair play, proper balance; then they are VERY compatible regardless of what the synastry says.

I have my South Node (past developed skills) in my 7th house (relationships) in the sign of balance and relationships (Libra), with the Planet of relationships (Venus) and the planet of communication (Mercury) being conjunct that South Node in the sign of Libra. So I think that I know one thing or two about how a relationship ought to be and to look like.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3
Sort posts:
June 17, 2019 at 16:16
(Scorpio) SpaceChild
Thank you, great post :74:
June 17, 2019 at 16:17
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » SpaceChild
System message: Post has been written by user Davis212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Thanks sweetie, :-) :17:
June 17, 2019 at 16:35
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Correct. Many great relationships were ruined by anger, jealousy, distrust and passions. As I see it in sidereal zodiac and 13signs astronomical zodiac, being Leo Venus and Scorpio Mars means someone has to ground me on stable earthly soil by star constellation of Taurus and its ruler Venus. But apparently Vertex and North Node in Gemini, so mostly flaky women coming my way. Not bad either.
June 17, 2019 at 17:01
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I believe there is truth to this, but at the same time the last nine years and looking at my composite and synastry it really has had events that manifested that way, but I know this after the fact, not before the fact. So yes, someone could misinterpret a chart.
June 17, 2019 at 20:40
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
An excellent and succinct post.
Lots of wise nuggets in there.

It is good to be reminded of what makes a great relationship.
As I am looking Now, I will keep this information in mind.
June 17, 2019 at 21:35
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » goldenlion32
=====
"I believe there is truth to this, but at the same time the last nine years and looking at my composite and synastry it really has had events that manifested that way, but I know this after the fact, not before the fact"

It really has had events that manifested that way, to me as well, but more like the "hard aspects", and not that much the soft ones. The hard ones, always come to bite me, and they "occlude" the soft ones that had been present at the initial "courtship stage".

"So yes, someone could misinterpret a chart"

Not just "misinterpret" as - modesty apart - I am one of the best interpreting synastries. They are just non reliable tools, if we just use them as the main tool to establish compatibility. Believe me, they are not.

Just take a real good around you, and tell me what you see. Do you see a lot of happy couples? A lot of soulmate kind of relationships? I bet you don´t.
June 17, 2019 at 21:41
(Gemini) Iroquois Pliskin
What if two people agree on human rights and liberties but conflict in the way they approach those issue? What if one person believes government and group based movements are the answer while the other believe that the answer is individualism?
June 17, 2019 at 21:56
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Leo Moon
=====
Thanks! I am glad that you found my post useful to you, :-).
June 17, 2019 at 22:03
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Iroquois Pliskin
=====
Because they would have such a great communication - just by agreeing in the basic Human Rights, regardless of how they approach them - that they would consider their differences in approach as a very interesting and challenging difference, and not as something that separates them.

As if they BOTH approach the handling of disagreements in the way I described it - with compassion, understanding, fair play, responsibility, etc - then those differences you wrote about, would only keep the relationship interesting and intellectually challenging.

Who wants to be with someone who thinks exactly as us? I don´t!
June 17, 2019 at 22:18
(Sagittarius) jaderosez
You are right but I think the source and methodology with which you do astrology is very important. For example, let´s say what I´ve seen more common than not, is that most people get fascinated by what I call karmic links which usually don´t do anything if the two people don´t have aspects between the personal planets. Carl Jung did a study and found that sun-moon conjunctions and aspects were very prevalent in marriages that lasted.

I´ll give you an example of what I´ve found in astrology. Let´s say a person has pluto on their asc. That means most of the people in her/his generation has pluto on her asc. Most people will find this person magnetizing, and even attractive but not everyone is going to be obsessed with this person contrary to what articles about pluto conjunct asc said.

I think what you want to start with when doing a synastry chart is by seeing where and if they have sun-moon, sun-asc, moon-asc, moon-moon, asc-asc, sun-sun aspects.

This will not create ´I want to take off this person´s clothes and fuck this person attraction.´ But this will create some sort of I know how this person works, and in fact I like it. There is still going to be some physical attraction as well as respect.

Next you want to look at Venus-mars, Venus-asc, mars-asc, Venus/mars-asc lord
for physical attraction.

Next you may want to figure out whether they are meant to meet with north node/south node connections

And finally if the above conditions are fulfilled, they may or may not have a plutonic/neptuniun relationship if they have Neptune/Pluto to each other´s personal planets especially Venus or if they have planets in their partner´s 8th house.

This is because the native with the Neptune/Pluto on their personal planets which will follow dynasty if they date anyone within their generation is meant to go through "Pluto/Neptune" issues. I hope this makes sense.
June 17, 2019 at 23:10
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » jaderosez
=====
"I think what you want to start with when doing a synastry chart is by seeing where and if they have sun-moon, sun-asc, moon-asc, moon-moon, asc-asc, sun-sun aspects."

That´s what I always do myself. I am pretty well trained in how to analyze synastries and composites. I learned it real well from the works of Steven Forrest and his wife, and from Robert Hand and other big names including Liz Green.

So all you have written is "old" information for me, though very well stated and analyzed; so thank you! :-)

However, I´ve seen lots of synastries that had what you just described, and the relationship was a mess. I myself had, not just one point, but most of the points you laid out - including the connection of the Nodes to the angles and a few other good aspects with the Nodes - and even though it felt as we "were meant to be together" at the courtship stages, eventually the hard aspects became activated to mess things up.

So I am talking here also from personal experience; and not just with one personal case, but with several of them.

A "great" synastry without those points I laid out on my post, is only a "hit or miss" scenario,IMHO.
June 17, 2019 at 23:11
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » jaderosez
=====
Thanks! I´ll definitely watch it, :-).
June 18, 2019 at 10:16
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Davis212
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
You should say thanks sweetie in feedback on my post too
June 18, 2019 at 11:05
(Leo) pixel
Whenever I read posts like this, I think that "yes, astrology gives" potentialities "... but ONLY" potentialities "! We must remember that free will is what we are in starting from our charts !

Twins could be a practical exemple of that : quite identical charts, but different personalities, relationships and different destiny...
:17:
June 18, 2019 at 11:36
(Taurus) nutelina
Hi Davis!
>2. Whether the individual is manifesting the higher behavior/attitudes of any given aspect/placement, or its lower manifestations, instead.

I´d like to know more about this!
June 18, 2019 at 12:45
(Taurus) nutelina » MarvinReal
You one bad a$$ virgo :61:
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
June 18, 2019 at 13:28
(Taurus) nutelina » nutelina
:20:
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
June 18, 2019 at 13:44
(Scorpio) SpaceChild » nutelina
:61:
June 18, 2019 at 14:11
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » MarvinReal
=====
Now, don´t get all jealous on me, Marvin Sweetie! :74: :17:

:61: :75:
June 18, 2019 at 14:24
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » pixel
=====
Exactly! Astrology is all about "Potentials", and Free Will is what guide those potentials.

:74:
June 18, 2019 at 14:29
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » nutelina
=====
:61: :75: :4:
June 18, 2019 at 14:31
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » nutelina
=====
Sure! I´ll write a post about it, :29:
June 18, 2019 at 14:35
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » Davis212
Yes, I know there are problems with every system. Which I was listening to some of the Vedic Astrologers and they frown upon matching for the simple reason it can cause a lot karma in relationships. Which I have witnessed the last three years watching the Twin Flame community swear by it, and than they make up all the false twin, shadow twin, and a few other names for why their karmic relationships don´t work out.

I agree it is the hard aspects I see in my composite and synastry, but those are the one´s I pay attention to for myself personally, because I find them more significant in the journey or a lesson I must master myself.

Which I have a lot of the same lessons coming back around with North Node Leo/South Node Aquarius last year and North Node Cancer/South Node Capricorn as back in the reverse of North Node Aquarius/South Node Leo/ and North Node Capricorn/South Node Cancer when dealing with close people.

I don´t need a char to recognize that, but for some reason I´ve been intune all my life with connection these cycles and naturally, which I figured out other people don´t always notice.

Those in lower consciousness don´t really use astrology and no one offline around me is interested in Astrology at all.

Often, I see things blatantly in their relations, but often get upset when I point it out. lol

I have studied relationship dynamics most of my life, but never stop learning about it. I think astrology just pointed out perhaps when we teach collectively, belief systems don´t always match up with their soul intention.

Really if you look at my chart, the big issue I´ve discovered is the earth trine in people´s charts. Since what people fight about the most is love and money, but it deals with Taurus/Scorpio axis. And when out of balance one is fighting about escapism and entertainment & workaholic.

So my journey has been unraveling this with my experience since relationships Uranus in Libra in the 3rd were all about divorce and separation and North Node Aquarius (unconventional relationships).

People trying to fit in this mold of society of some group belief system of how relationships are supposed to be.

There´s a long list of lessons in life, but you have plenty in the consensus stage who are oblivious, others in the counselor stage trying to counsel one another, and than you have the spiritual, and individuation, and on and on the higher you get in consciousness. If you every read Jeffrey Greene Wolfe´s books.

Is there really any perfect system out there. Really no.
June 18, 2019 at 14:46
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » MarvinReal
=====
I am going to reply to this one, before you get all jealous, Marvin Sweetie, haha!

"Correct. Many great relationships were ruined by anger, jealousy, distrust and passions."

About 80-90% of them!

"As I see it in sidereal zodiac and 13signs astronomical zodiac, being Leo Venus and Scorpio Mars means someone has to ground me on stable earthly soil by star constellation of Taurus and its ruler Venus."

Being grounded in reality is a must; just like I am very grounded with my 8th house Neptune, haha! :61:

"But apparently Vertex and North Node in Gemini, so mostly flaky women coming my way. Not bad either."

Yeah; I need to take a look into your chart.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »