Composite vs. Synastry

May 9, 2019 at 17:40 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) SpaceChild
Composite vs. Synastry
What´s the difference? I read on some sites that composite could possibly interpret the *outcome* of a relationship? If that is true, anyone want to volunteer to help me with my composite? :61:

xx

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 9, 2019 at 17:44
(Gemini) pneumadeux
A composite chart is essentially, one chart made from the midpoints between the planets of the two individual charts. It is therefore, a chart of the relationship as if the relationship were one body.

A synastry demonstrates how the two people interact or how they affect each other.
May 9, 2019 at 17:49
(Scorpio) SpaceChild » pneumadeux
Thanks pneumadeux!
May 9, 2019 at 17:53
(Gemini) pneumadeux » SpaceChild
Welcome :)

As to stating that either method can “predict the outcome,” I say “humbug.”

A composite will reveal the same kinds of strengths and weaknesses, temptations and proclivities as any natal chart.

We´ve all referred to a couple as if they were one person: "Sara and Andy are kinda quirky, aren´t they? Interesting how they always glom on to the most esoteric stuff…”

Perhaps Sara and Andy have a composite Aquarius rising? Neptune on the Midheaven? :)
May 9, 2019 at 18:07
I see

Would you say that maybe a composite would be how others see your relationship then? Or..?
May 9, 2019 at 18:13
(Gemini) pneumadeux » SpaceChild
The ascendant in a composite chart would be how others see the relationship.

The composite chart is, itself a picture of the relationship: for example, the Mercury placement would indicate how the relationship communicates, Jupiter would indicate where the relationship´s expansiveness can be found...

Make sense?
May 9, 2019 at 18:26
Yes it makes sense now heh.
Thanks for the insight :)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini