Davison Relationship chart: help interpretation

July 31, 2022 at 09:03 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) Zaza34
Davison Relationship chart: help interpretation
Hi! I discovered the Davison Relationship chart. Can someone help me interpret this chart I drew? What are the important aspects to take into account when interpreting such a chart? When is this type of chart mostly used?

I´ve never heard of it and am quite curious! Thanks in advance!
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 31, 2022 at 20:56
(Sagittarius) Steve Guesshow
Davison chart...
Try to imagine that a relationship is like a separate entity, with its own intentions, its own stories, its own fears and joys, a relationship as the result of the forces of two people, an alchemical wedding. A whole new element emerges. Unlike the composite, which shows an ideal relationship, dreamlike and a little unrealistic, Davison´s horoscope shows a more "dirty reality", of height and depth. It´s not a horoscope that shows things immediately, clearly and distinctly, it´s more like a diamond that needs to be cut. Basically it shows more invisible, subconscious matters, and should not be interpreted in a purely logical way, personally I find it more useful to go by intuition, impression, catch glimpses, but not explain.
August 1, 2022 at 05:48
(Gemini) Zaza34 » Steve Guesshow
Hi Steve, thanks for explaining. What a beautiful meaning behind this Davison chart, this offers me another perspective on relationships too. Apart from something that´s inherently a part of yourself, also something exterior that you literally create with someone else.

Could you perhaps help me look at a few glimpses in the chart I attached here? I have no idea of what I´m looking at right now :2:
August 1, 2022 at 07:30
(Scorpio) Graham
"Try to imagine that a relationship is like a separate entity, with its own intentions, its own stories, its own fears and joys, a relationship as the result of the forces of two people, an alchemical wedding." ... Steve Guesshow

I like this description by Steve, and agree 100% that the Davison is a NATAL chart of a relationship.

So ... as is the case with all natal charts ... the PURPOSE of the relationship is "to make the Sun shine". And, to explore that fully - the astrologer has to analyse, interpret and synthesise the astrological indicators of the whole of the Davison chart.

"Could you perhaps help me look at a few glimpses in the chart I attached here? I have no idea of what I´m looking at right now" ... Zaza34

If this Davison chart was the natal chart of a person ... what astrological indicators would YOU be "looking at right now", Zara?
August 1, 2022 at 13:34
(Gemini) Zaza34 » Graham
Hi Graham

Thank you for that interesting question! Things that atrract me in charts:
- Fire placements
- Lively interaction, ‘team-vibe’ with romantic partner
- Trustworthiness
- Empathy
- Freedom, ability to respect the other person’s independence/freedom
- I’m very wary of manipulative/deceitful traits
- And, let’s be honest 😄, passionate sexual/sensual traits/interaction
August 1, 2022 at 16:14
(Scorpio) Graham » Zaza34
"Things that attract me in charts:-

- Fire placements
- Lively interaction, ‘team-vibe’ with romantic partner
- Trustworthiness
- Empathy
- Freedom, ability to respect the other person’s independence/freedom
- I’m very wary of manipulative/deceitful traits
- And, let’s be honest 😄, passionate sexual/sensual traits/interaction"

So ... you will have spotted immediately that this is the chart of an Aries "person"/relationship with a 9th house focus and a "new moon" personality?

But have you also noticed that Saturn is square the nodal axis, indicating a "missed step" in a past lifetime? ... And that Leo + Aquarius each on the cusp of two houses indicates a 12th + 6th house issue, involving Venus and adversely affecting the activities of the 1st + 7th houses?

Moreover, if you have noticed the highlighted 12th + 6th house issue, do you already know what that might be ... or is a "cold reading" of the Davison Chart all we have to work with?
August 1, 2022 at 16:57
(Gemini) Zaza34 » Graham
I fear my skills are not advanced enough to grasp the ´missed step´ in a past lifetime-aspect, same for the 12/6 and 1/7 issue. Could you elaborate on this?

And with cold reading; you mean that it could be applicable to anyone?

Thanks for looking into this with me, by the way! Really appreciate it. :74:
August 1, 2022 at 18:06
It’s not skill … just involves knowing what to look for.

1. Planets that square the nodal axis indicate a missed step in a past life. And the missed step is a lesson that was intended to be learned in that past lifetime but was not.

2. When a sign appears on the cusp of two consecutive houses, it indicates an issue in the lower numbered house that is adversely affecting the activities of the next house. And any planet/point/body that is located between the two cusps will be involved in the issue.

3. When a sign does not appear on any cusp, it is intercepted - as is any planet/point/body in that sign. The positive qualities of Intercepted signs/planets/points/bodies cannot be used EFFECTIVELY until the issue at 2 has been resolved.

So, you now have the skill/knowledge required to identify these things in any natal chart.
August 1, 2022 at 18:19
“And with cold reading; you mean that it could be applicable to anyone?”
———————-

No. A cold reading is one in which the astrologer has no knowledge of the person/relationship that the chart relates to.

Thus, any one of the many meanings that can be symbolised by an astrological indicator might be valid … So, not likely to produce an accurate or meaningful interpretation. Much like looking for a needle in a haystack - and frustrating for the astrologer if his/her “client” has the required detailed knowledge but does not reveal it.
August 2, 2022 at 04:07
"This is the chart of an Aries relationship with a 9th house focus and a ´new moon´ personality - that had a ´missed step" in a past life, and has a 6th-12th house issue to resolve in the current lifetime.

1. The Davison Chart is used to identify the PURPOSE of a relationship (ie. the reason why the two SOULS are together/interacting in the current lifetime.)

2. Synastry is used to identify the potential issues created by the two personalities/individuals interacting together in the relationship.

3. The Composite Chart shows how third-party observers of the relationship perceive the partners as a two-person-team.
August 5, 2022 at 17:54
(Gemini) Zaza34 » Graham
Thank you Graham! This comparison between the three types is very insightful for me. Finally a good overview :4:

A general question. You mention "This is the chart of an Aries relationship with a 9th house focus and a ´new moon´ personality - that had a ´missed step" in a past life, and has a 6th-12th house issue to resolve in the current lifetime."

=> Is this a missed step for BOTH people involved, as well as an issue to resolve in this lifetime for BOTH parties (if they choose to of course), or can it be a missed step/lesson for just one person of the two? For example, could it just be me who has to learn something from such a situation, or is it kind of ´team work´ in learning the lesson, hihi? :2: I do belief in fated meetings between people, so I´m curious what your take on this is.
August 5, 2022 at 19:39
(Pisces) Aragatito » Graham
you teach or write books, I love reading your answers and how you share the wisdom of your life, but if at any time you have courses or books I would be interested to know where to get them, thanks for this contribution I clarify doubts that I did not know I had that is great
August 6, 2022 at 03:04
" Is this a missed step for BOTH people involved, as well as an issue to resolve in this lifetime for BOTH parties (if they choose to of course), or can it be a missed step/lesson for just one person of the two? For example, could it just be me who has to learn something from such a situation, or is it kind of ´team work´ in learning the lesson, hihi? :2: I do belief in fated meetings between people, so I´m curious what your take on this is."

The Davison is a natal chart of the RELATIONSHIP. ... So, these two souls were in a past life relationship where a Saturn-in-Libra/4th house lesson was intended to be learned (but was "missed"/not learned by one, or both, of them). ... Hence, both partners have unfinished business in the current lifetime/incarnation - but, for one of them, that business might be only to help the other learn the missed step. [Think of that past life relationship as two souls each contracting with the other to "not rest" until BOTH have learned the Saturn-in-Libra/4th lesson. Thus, the contract would not be completed/fulfilled if only one of them learned the lesson in that past lifetime. However, my guess is that both partners did not FULLY learn the lesson during the past life.]
August 6, 2022 at 03:26
(Scorpio) Graham » Aragatito
"Do you teach or write books?"

Although a full-time student of astrology since retiring from work in 1993 - I have no formal qualifications, so do not have the authority to teach or write books about it.

"Thanks for this contribution I clarify doubts that I did not know I had that is great."

Thank you for this positive feedback. That is what makes contributing on astrology forums rewarding for me.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »