Mainstream Psych & Astrology

March 9, 2019 at 11:47 (UT/GMT)
(Aries) ram_goat
Mainstream Psych & Astrology
I came across this book years ago, I don´t remember how or when. It is about a lot of things if you read it, but oddly it has a chapter devoted to astrology, approx page 134 of the pdf file. I read many things because my interests are broad. I wasn´t expecting a chapter on
astrology in the middle of a book by a relatively mainstream psychologist. Had some interesting insights, done with reasonable rigor acceptable in the field of psychology (though not the same rigor as is acceptable for particle physics...) Anyway, I thought the astrology chapter was interesting in its own right and more so because it comes from mainstream academia. There is a lot of other horror show stuff in the book as well, if you
care to read it, but it is heavy and depressing.

http://www.love-shy.com/gilmartin_b…

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 9, 2019 at 12:21
(Leo) pixel
Thanks for sharing :15:

:17: :17: :17:
March 9, 2019 at 17:18
(Aries) ram_goat »
Chapter 4

page 134 of pdf file,

page 103 of the book itself

Some dark subject matter, otherwise, no?
March 9, 2019 at 17:39
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Thanks for the read bro, time to put some music in the background... :13:
March 9, 2019 at 17:45
(Aries) ram_goat » David Evans
Some dark sad stuff in there. Life as a psych must be difficult.
March 9, 2019 at 18:03
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ram_goat
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"dark sad stuff in there" **Proceeds to rush and click link....**
March 9, 2019 at 18:14
=====
From reading the chapter overviews (not spoiling, that means YOU, whoever is browsing over this :4:) a lot of that describes me quite heavily. Especially in person. A good part of it anyways.
March 9, 2019 at 18:21
(Aries) ram_goat » David Evans
I felt drawn to post that for some reason. It is interesting on many levels alongside the astrology. The subjects in the book wander far & wide. It was an interesting read. You can
tell it is almost 40 years old but the wise parts still seem wise, even though american culture has changed a lot in 30+ years. I suppose human nature changes much slower.
March 9, 2019 at 19:33
=====
I question if our nature has changed at all, only our knowledge. Since we apply knowledge to ourselves, it may look like our nature has changed, but it has not. Simply look at old myths and stories, they speak well our current human nature too.
March 9, 2019 at 21:16
(Leo) pixel » David Evans
Well said ! :15:
March 9, 2019 at 21:29
(Leo) pixel »
Yes, we start talking together, and as you say, he´s a very interesting person :)
March 10, 2019 at 06:29
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » pixel
=====
Thanks! :37:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »