Finding your soulmate

May 2, 2022 at 06:35 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) TheRealAmor
Finding your soulmate
In our natal chart, how do we find information on our true soulmate and where the two could possibly meet? Also can astrology give a timing for when said two persons will meet? Thanks to all who responds 🥰

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 4, 2022 at 07:12
(Virgo) jamarlt
Personally, I wouldn´t look for "soul mate" indicators as there´s no way to know if that exist. The supposition built into the question is rather profound as it insinuates a noncorporeal element in our relating regarding other people we encounter. Not saying it´s impossible that reality allows for one to be spiritually bound to another in such a way that they meet in various circumstances in multiple life times in Cloud Atlas fashion. I´m amenable to aspects of that point of view given my own bizarre experiences, but I just don´t know that as a flat fact.

ASPECTS:
I do agree there are people that feel fated - or that you feel you´ve known forever. This I´ve had a few times. There are certain indicators in chart comparison that could hint at intense compatibility, emotional entanglement and sexual interest - which I´d argue is the practical expression of the soul mate idea. I warn you. This doesn´t mean easy relating, especially in long term interaction.

I´d looks to planetary contacts to North Node, particularly the personal planets. In my experience, this gives context to the lesson and on some level the expression of the relationship. Saturn and Pluto contacts - especially Pluto contacts - are intense, often binding and transformative. Soul mate doesn´t indicate ease - it indicates spiritual connection. It also doesn´t necessarily indicate forever.

If it´s love, it will leave scars. Sometimes happily ever after isn´t the point. That said, Mars and Venus, Moon and Mars, Sun and Mars, Pluto and Venus, Venus and Uranus, Mars and Pluto, Pluto and Moon - especially conjunction is an indication of intense sexual chemistry. This again, doesn´t mean easy. Some of these aspects present as extreme intensity, but this also often trend into conflict. Venus and Mars in the 8th of another´s chart is also rather unsettling in what it dredges up - part of that is intensity and attraction.

Moon aspects are indicative of emotional connection - I find these to be exceedingly important in how the instinctual patterns of one, matches and melds with the patterns of another. Do you care for the other, are your styles insync, etc. For example Moon square Venus in Synastry could indicate a disconnect in what one instinctually needs to feel safe, loved, secure and the values and expression of the other. This is different than attraction - there are plenty of people I disliked personally but was attracted to physically.

Uranus aspects can be exciting, unpredictable but can indicate stress on the long term nature of relationship when difficult aspects are present - particularly the square, opposition and inconjunction to your Moon or Sun.

PREDICTIONS
As for timing and prediction, this is an issue of transits. Each moment there is a configuration of planets. This differs from moment to moment, hence differences in people´s astrological charts. How these planetary configurations at any moment compare to your natal charts gives a bit of context to larger forces affecting your life. This is especially true of long term transits involving Pluto and Saturn. In my experience, these can be intense and utterly disastrous. By the same token, Venus, Jupiter and Mars making aspect to your natal could indicate future potential. This includes these planets transiting certain houses such as the 7th.

Keep in mind, I´m not an astrologer. Can´t even say I believe in this despite the interest in testing chart interpretation versus real world phenomena. Some of this is so on the nose, I can´t ignore it. A Composite and Synastry chart are typically used for evaluation in addition to evaluating the couples own natal charts. Regardless of aspects, people can have crippling aspects in their natal that would alter how a particular planet is expressed in the Synastry.

Hope this gives some context.
May 4, 2022 at 10:53
(Scorpio) srgeorgio
It depends on what you personally need in a partner.

Conjunctions and trines to your moon, venus, sun, mercury etc are all particularly good of course and a square or opposition or two in the right place will prevent the relationship being boring.

When you find the one you will know before you´ve even seen their chart so this is all an after thought really. It´s impossible to guess when you´ll meet, could be the moon, could be venus, could be mars or Jupiter transiting something in your chart.
May 4, 2022 at 15:19
(Aquarius) Catch-22
I thought vertex conj vertex was a strong sign, but like so many abstract points I have my doubts...
May 4, 2022 at 18:28
(Pisces) TheRealAmor » jamarlt
Wow! Yes what I would like is a spiritual connection! Your answer is highly appreciated! Thank you very much! And although you´re not an astrologer you sure are knowledgeable in the subject! Again, thank you 🥰
May 4, 2022 at 18:29
(Pisces) TheRealAmor » srgeorgio
That makes total sense! Thank you very much!
May 4, 2022 at 18:31
(Pisces) TheRealAmor » Catch-22
Ohhh see I was thinking if my vertex was in his sun sign that would be an indication along with north node. Thank you for your answer!
May 8, 2022 at 16:57
(Leo) Anni23 » srgeorgio
That´s true I think, because initially regardless of synastry aspects we have our own emotional requirements and ideals

Even by just looking at another persons moon and venus I think that you can see different levels of compatibility,
And only time will tell if frictions between opposite energy planets will build up
May 8, 2022 at 17:04
(Leo) Anni23 » jamarlt
I think that I agree with a large part of your premises, not everyone that we meet and have a connection with will stay in our lives and people come into our lives to kind of test us sometimes I think.
And general compatibility I think is maybe definitely more important than possible soul links just by themselves
May 9, 2022 at 16:40
(Virgo) jamarlt » Anni23
Hi Anni23,

Agreed. I tend to think they dovetail - the day to day interaction and the overall karmic implications of any particular relationship. Some of the most memorable relationships, especially the ones I learned the most from and that had impact, had direct nodal placements to my north and/or south nodes. It was like an overall relationship context, the closer the relationship, the more it presented. Day to day interactions flowed more with the planetary synastry - especially with Saturn and Pluto. These two seem to have a gravity that can´t be ignored.
May 9, 2022 at 20:31
(Leo) Cheliel
No love is predestined. Even the feelings of a mother for her baby are not as obvious and obligatory as we assume, although they involve undeniable organic bonds. Love is pure creation and that is what makes it precious, for it generates the wonders of life. If a work of art is agreed upon before it is completed, does this not take away that indispensable freedom which can make it transcend the limits of the known?

We create that which links us to others. We enrich it with our personalities, with everything that makes us up. Sometimes this happens in the unconscious, other times through the desire to exist with the person who touches us the most. In short, we learn to love throughout our lives and our relationships change through our metamorphoses.

We would like our consciousnesses to be immortal, and yet it is through their amnesiac and temporary incarnations that they are enriched with goodness or defilement. Like our bodies, our souls are created. They are the sum of what our heredity, predispositions, emotions and experiences allow us to experience. At the moment of our births, they arrive untouched by intention, unedited, and what will orient them depends on the context playing on the way we will approach life.

Thus, our essences recognise each other not because they are indefectible and immortal lovers, but because the needs that condition their fulfilment match.

Personally, I find more beauty in imagining that we create the complicities that connect us to each other. I cherish the idea that we shape them through all the trials we go through together. To think that the way I feel about someone was planned is something I hate. I prefer to think that we invent our harmonies because we wanted to love each other beyond the predictable.
May 10, 2022 at 14:52
(Leo) Anni23 » jamarlt
True.. when I hear of "overall" compatibility (such as Venus or the moon) I´m inclined to agree, yet I also had a friendship with someone with Venus in sag, and a sun-moon aspect, which must have been destined as she was my best friend for 7 years! (Though their was no node aspects) Yet it ended badly which I think was also destined

Now I am uncertain about generalised aspects.. intense mutual respect is better

Though I recently met someone who´s Venus is directly on my NN. I wonder if we are meant to be friends or..? but it is unclear right now if this means anything and if the friendship will build up

What would your interpretation be.
Could we at least be friends
Or business partners or something??
May 10, 2022 at 14:52
(Leo) Anni23 » jamarlt
Hmmr. And what Pluto aspects particularly would that be?
May 17, 2022 at 17:06
(Leo) Anni23 » Cheliel
I don’t think that you can know any of this. Though each of will decide what we want to believe in life

I think though that most people on here are open to the general idea of the cosmos having some kind of structure (isn’t that what astrology is) which guides us in some ways, though not all

If that’s true then I also don’t see why some ideas, like the idea of reincarnation cannot be true also

Why is fate so absurd? Why is it so terrible?

I absolutely think that it wouldn’t take away our autonomy in any case, and possibly there is some degree of flexibility still.
Something could be fate without being a rigid path possibly..

I don’t believe in “bad fates”, though the idea of progress or karma seem to make sense

If meeting Everyone that we know was random then certainly our paths would seem more random I think, and nothing would even appear “fated”

Though I’d say it’s difficult to ascertain what is or isn’t fate, but that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist..
May 17, 2022 at 19:07
(Leo) Cheliel » Anni23
I did not claim that encounters were random, just that our love for others was not predestined. On the other hand, I think we are all predestined to love and be loved.

For me, love is also and above all a choice, but this is only one opinion in the multitude. I don´t think I´m invalidating any belief, karmic or not, with this idea.
May 18, 2022 at 08:50
(Leo) Anni23 » Cheliel
Oh well then, that’s quite the distinction 🤣

Arguably I’d say that some people, many people (assuming that people know several people over many years) are meant to be in our lives
The could be some family or people who will hurt us in Very specific ways

I’m also big on the idea that whatever we do not need leaves us. Even if we love it

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »