Mars square Mars in synastry - hot or not?

January 7, 2022 at 17:21 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) LotusStar
Mars square Mars in synastry - hot or not?
Anyone have experience with Mars square Mars in synastry?

There’s so much conflicting information on it…

Some say it’s an extremely passionate combination, others say it’s a complete mis-match and practically repulsive, others say it will lead to horrible violence and fights

Looking for some real time experience or knowledge on this if you have any, curious why there’s no consensus

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 7, 2022 at 17:31
(Virgo) Aren Levi
Depends if those natives that have this in synastry like "more violent passion" in their lifes and by that i mean some people prefer if something is happening in relationship then nothing, arguing can lead to passion and make up sex.

it is never ending energy in relationship and it can be really constructive.
Most of people would probably cant handle such relationship.

Being competetive in loving manner with partner is possible too with this.

Mangliks like me look for relationships like these. Rather some passion that can be transformed then no passion at all or some that fade away too soon.
January 7, 2022 at 18:56
(Virgo) LotusStar » Aren Levi
Thanks Aren :15:

Good point about natal chart. I think I have enough Mars going on to be drawn to it and I notice it is a very stimulating and energizing contact but I could see how some conflicting desires may require adjustments, things like this can potentially become a little tiring long term especially for people who don’t like to compromise. Another thing I notice is impatience, it makes you want what you want from each other - now

Square is the biggest friction and tense aspect; yes that’s highly stimulating but with Mars is it overkill? lol

I know a couple with this, they’re always touching each other. Seriously; not in a gross way but like even at a family function they can’t help but always end up kind of touching, not in a vulgar way but you can see the chemistry is there. They also have Mars conjunction Sun too
January 7, 2022 at 21:00
(Virgo) Aren Levi » LotusStar
I did not try and lived every possible aspect in synastry cause i did not have that many gfs ..... so far :4:

but from what i know, i really like aspects like these.

So if you wanna know which natal charts would absorb this aspect well in synastry, - look at me.

January 8, 2022 at 13:37
(Aquarius) viv
I can’t recall experiencing this.. but I always see Mars as the ability to take initiative, preferably initiative to action what you want at a Soul level, but then we do tend to get distracted and go for other things as well. If person A’s Mars is square Person B’s that could be an exciting wake up call.( just as any two planets at 90 degrees in a natal chart might be.) Or they might be a receipe for endless frustration, maybe spilling into violence in some cases, probably because one or both Mars energies are acting without reference to the participants‘ conscious intent for the relationship. Sexual excitement ? Sure, because the encounter will be energising but you might expect a few fights even if you each know yourselves and each other well. Mars has a tendency to “just go for it” except in water signs where the energy is usually more hidden, and that can be experienced by the other as stubbornness anyway! V

Oh I just remembered one bf with Mars in Sag square my Mars Pisces. Instant electricity but we never really wanted the same things. Because I’m usually interested in other people I tried out some of the really outdoorsy things he loved, but that didn’t really work out so well because his skill level was stratospherically better than mine, and I found myself irritated by his lack of care for beauty in his home environment. Things simply had functional value for him. He more or less thought I came from a different planet, though we never fought. V
January 8, 2022 at 17:56
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user EmperorEros, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
My last relationship that lasted two years had a mars square mars around four degrees. Her capricorn mars conjunct my sun, square my aries mars. Throw in her true black moon Lilith conjunct my Mars as well 😆🤪.

Like Aren said, it does depend on the natal chart regarding if your drawn to such intense relational energies. Being a sun square mars I was down for the cause. She was a Sun conjunct Mars, so she obviously was..at the beginning & climax of the relationship at least.

I would advise it´s not for the faint hearted, especially in cardinal signs. Control issues, arguments, general hostility in the end. It felt like the extreme ride at an amusement park, the one you don´t go back on, but your glad you did once & got the picture. Or dating the energy of a drill instructor in the military...etc..

The sex was amazing on my end, I won´t speak for her, but she seemed satisfied in a primal way. I never stopped desiring her sexually, even to this day.. But we also shared a moon conjunct moon & my mars squared her venus exactly. These things change the interpretation of course.

Being a Capricorn & aries energy mars square mars. The foreplay consisted of control and domination play & bit rough. The mars square mars furthered to ignite the passion. I called her my "Angel Slave" & she called me "Master" behind closed doors. It was perfect haha 😈🤣.

But to the point, as hobbyist of astrology. I would persuade most people away from such a dynamic. Especially if they have great synastry aspects in other regards. You might end up too attached to someone that at some point just doesn´t enjoy your company or you theres despite how you love each other. That never feels good... Too not be wanted. A mars square mars.. a mars square sun.. can create hostility. So unless you got some karma to play out with someone, best to avoid these energies exchanges with another.

Just my two cents.
January 8, 2022 at 21:06
(Virgo) LotusStar » EmperorEros
Thank you, this was very helpful!

Yeah they say this aspect can push each person´s sexuality to extremes together...

Did you find you had different/incompatible desires in many areas of life?

I think for a chart like me it´s probably a bad idea because I have a Sun/Mars conjunction too so a square triggers both. The person I know, they also have a Sun/Mars conjunction so the squares are double-whammy for both... Maybe people who have prominent natal Mars aspects attract this more because of being used to the energy and like the higher intensity overall, but I think it still needs a lot of other ´´nicer´´ aspects to smooth this over otherwise it´s just going to be too much of a battlefield and feel hostile. But I see your point about that making people attached and make it worse in a way cos then it´s harder to let go even if it turns toxic....
January 8, 2022 at 21:12
(Virgo) LotusStar » viv
Thanks Viv!! Side note but yes, every Sag Mars I know is always so naturally good at spots :61:

It´s interesting how the signs played into it too and I´m sure as did the houses... It´s good you didn´t fight though.
January 8, 2022 at 23:04
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » LotusStar
System message: Post has been written by user EmperorEros, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I´m glad it helps :)

"Did you find you had different/incompatible desires in many areas of life?"

🤔 Hmmm.

There was more to are dynamic than a mars square mars. We also shared a Sun square mars & midheavens that were square as well, so yes we had different paths in life. If I were to diagnose in particular the mars square mars differences.. For one when we went to the gym we did different things. We weren´t into doing excercises together for example. We walked at different paces, & even dancing was a bit difficult. I always felt she was slow or in my way haha, which at the beginning is cute right.. Overall best described by the classic term friction.. friction builds energy of course & energy enlivens. Being a natal sun square mars. I don´t buckle under friction. I know how to channel it and deliver it in a more productive way but nonetheless, it was a taxing experience.

"I think for a chart like me it´s probably a bad idea because I have a Sun/Mars conjunction too so a square triggers both. The person I know, they also have a Sun/Mars conjunction so the squares are double-whammy for both"

Oh yeah.. that sounds rough my dear haha.. in my opinion sun square mars in synastry is going to be worse than mars square mars and a double whammy as well... Some serious hostility and ego battles with the sun square mars. Play it out if you wish, but I would always have the perspective if I were you, that if it gets hostile then it´s time to end it. Or just keep it as friends with benefits and keep a healthy independence between the two of you. Sleep in different beds so to speak..

Ultimately the time I spent with my ex.. I wouldn´t trade it for anything. We had a moon conjunct moon and so she will always have a place in my heart. But at the same time.. she pissed me off like no other person I ever met haha. We don´t talk & probably never will. But every time I look up at the moon when it´s in pisces, I think of her and wish her well.

So moral of the story.. mars square mars.. intense

Sun square mars.. horrible..

Moon conjunct moon.. beautiful..

It´s all alchemy, it just depends on the total picture as we know.

I´m curious if there are healthy relationships that exist that share these aspects but at the same time have tons of positive aspects together as well.

Interesting stuff :)

✌️
January 9, 2022 at 22:15
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
I had this with a long time co-worker. It eventually devolved into constant friction. Glad he´s no longer around. Life is better now, lol.
January 17, 2022 at 06:18
(Virgo) LotusStar » Sunnyshadow
I had this with a coworker once too 😕she grated on my nerves a lot!

If it doesn’t manifest as sexual attraction, the constant friction is too much.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »