Venus in synastry/overlay

August 17, 2021 at 13:59 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Green Garden, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Venus in synastry/overlay
I just finished Nevilles "Planets in synastry" books.

He refers to Venus in fourth house overlay, as bad placement. Never about that before.. Opinions?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
August 18, 2021 at 03:30
(Aries) Ksuwaves
I haven’t heard of this being bad either. I have it with someone, can you tell why it says is bad?
August 18, 2021 at 04:34
(Taurus) s81
Mmm weird, the only things that I can think of is that it was expressed in the context of an actual synastry where Venus were in Aries or Virgo for example and in the 4th house, and it was easy to misread what Neville expressed. Or it could be night charts and, since the 4th house is analog to Cancer, Mars was the water triplicity lord so Venus was not that comfortable there. And/Or Venus were in the degrees ruled by Mars in the sign caldean decanates and/or the sign degress ruled by Mars in the egyptian terms.
In any case, sounds like a misread o a badly expressed information, Venus is just fine in Cancer/4th house.
August 18, 2021 at 10:50
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Green Garden, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
He talked about the 4th house overlay only.

E.W. Neville Quote:

Synastric: A 4th house overlay will, with other panetary involvement, often create a kind of dynamic and exciting tension which can be basis for a lively if not always stable response.
Venus,however,is a gentle and yielding element in the personality and this stressed and pressing quality of the 4th house is somewhat inimicable to the essence of this planet. The underlying desire with Venus is to make oneself open and available to the other person:to put ones entire ego-identity on the line for the other person either to accept or reject. Obviously, when one make oneself that vulnerable to another human, it is most easily done in an environment of trust and reasonable shelter from the possible painful rejection by the other person. This overlay is usually to conflict-filled and tense to reassure us adequately and, no matter what other linkages may be operating, there is a sefprotecting quality to any initiative which may come from the Venus person. The house person will sense this guardedness and hesitancy and will probably
interpret it as rooted in either lack of confidence or as an expression of doubt about the motives or integrity of the planet person. This overlay is not one which makes a relationship easy to begin or sustain despite a particular form of magnetism it often contains. By itself it will tend to create to much uncertainty and discomfort to work well.
With other more compelling links, its energy and excitement can be reconciled and may, under some circumstances, be rechannelled into an intense kind of interplay. For this to occur, however, links involving other planets (particularly Moon) must provide a reassuring background for the relationship within which the almost invetiable tension of this overlay can operate. There will remain, however, a persisting sense that any bond ist based more on the exciting differences between the personalities rather than their essential harmony.
August 18, 2021 at 17:49
(Taurus) s81 » Green Garden
Odd, I do not agree with Neville then.

I understand the point exposed there, but I think that the reasons for Venus to be the diurnal water triplicity lord, ruling a term of Cancer, ruling a decanate of Cancer, having femenine nature like the Moon, etc, are sufficiently strong evidence to consider Venus to be comfortable in a 4th house (unless, Mars is involved like I replied already). So, Neville´s perspective to me is like assuming a corner case to be the common rule, and the common rule be a corner case.

Thanks for the transcription anyway, and for pointing out this subject.
August 19, 2021 at 08:52
(Pisces) Cind
I have my venus in someones 4th House and they always want to spend time with me at home. They´re usually a wild person but for some reason they go all tame and want to basically build a family with me :61:

My two best friends also have their venus in my 4th house, they just feel like home to me and I love spending time in their homes with them or them at my house. We always watch films together and we all feel comfortable with each other.

I think venus in 4th is good for friendships as they feel like family and for relationships because the house person will want to build a home and family life with you.
August 19, 2021 at 10:14
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Cind
=====
Thats my feeling too. Neville´s description sounds like a 8th house overlay to me.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »