Saturn in hard aspect to Chiron in the synastry chart

July 27, 2021 at 15:58 (UT/GMT)
(Aquarius) Ways_of_Leavin'
Saturn in hard aspect to Chiron in the synastry chart
Not too much information on this online and I have read all that I could find. I´ve been running into this aspect repeatedly as of lately...

From what I gather both parties can help each other heal. Saturn provides structure and the willingness to stick things through but may be perceived by Chiron as too stern, bleak, overbearing; forcing rather than encouraging the Chiron person to deal with their own pain ? So the Chiron person closes themselves off causing just more pain to and frustrating the Saturn person ?

From what I saw the Chiron person more or less recently came from some painful breakup. Saturn has wounds too but his are old and pain is crystallized. How does the scenario really play out? Is Chiron being sensitive to Saturn´s pain but not vice versa ? Chiron can remind Saturn to loosen up and ´let live´, revelling in the magic of life... and Saturn can help Chiron confront and finally deal with their pain ? Only that the square/opposition/quincunx causes too much difficulty and drives the two people apart ??

I´m so confused about this aspect somehow... Magi Astrology calls this the "heart break aspect" 😳(along with some other ones). Although their views are quite fatalistic, and the fact that I don´t believe that most hard aspects should be avoided, this one does really seem to not be the easiest aspect out there...

Would love (or maybe not...) to hear your experiences

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 27, 2021 at 21:48
(Taurus) Rosincvist
` :157:´ is closer to "Live and let die" than to "Live and let live"!
July 28, 2021 at 17:35
(Aquarius) Ways_of_Leavin' » Rosincvist
Exactly, and so was why I hinted to that Saturn perhaps (?) could learn something about that from Chiron... just I´m not exactly sure exactly what Chiron wants to teach Saturn here.
July 30, 2021 at 14:23
(Aquarius) Ways_of_Leavin' » RohanScorpio
Well... I would like to add that I have experienced this interaspect a bit differently than what most websites would tell you. Although I do think I would agree with the Saturn person needing to loosen up I also feel that Saturn is unfairly judged here, as most interpretations seem to blame the Saturn person somehow for (inadvertently) hurting the Chiron person.

I don´t necessarily think Saturn is that uncaring or that he doesn´t show it (and Chiron person also might not be that helpful towards Saturn). As an example I have a family member whose Chiron squares my Saturn. This was some years ago, at a time where I don´t think I was dealing with this interaspect very often. Anyway I supported her (emotionally) during a time where she was not very well. I heard from another family member later that she really had appreciated how I had reached out and been there for her. I still showed my support many times after that imo, and speaking about years. Eventually I started to get tired of it as I started to feel that she started to use me or see me as this person they can unload everything on and always get sympathy from (even if those things very minor in comparison to some things I was grappling with myself). I guess I did start to become less sympathetic towards her and her problems as the years have passed. What I mean to say - here I was the Saturn person and not vice versa. I also read an astrologer write online about some similar experience she had being the Saturn person (in a conjunction); she offered her help and support to the Chiron person, and while she and this person formed some sort of friendship after she apparently told that she didn´t want to hear about something the Chiron person got mad and they didn´t speak since. Or something like that.

With another person I was again the Saturn person in the square. His Draconic Saturn squared my Draconic Chiron however. Since I started to get to know him I feel like every single time I tried to open up and talk about some things that mattered to me he just brushed it off... He even told me, "Don´t speak about it". I felt very rejected on some level. He was kind and affectionate in other ways but seemed to get even annoyed when I mentioned something that was not "pleasant enough" to talk about - so obviously things did not go any further. He came from a very difficult break-up, which was also my experience as Saturn with yet another person whose Chiron squared my Saturn. And I felt a bit similar with both.

I just read on some other website that put things a bit differently, and said that the Saturn person can offer structure to the life of the Chiron person, and help them in practical ways with healing. But also that as Saturn person may feel burdened by Chiron, and that Chiron may feel smothered. And I do see this interpretation as being more "correct"; I don´t think Chiron is the only one who is sympathetic towards and helps the other. Apparently Chiron can see through Saturn´s defense mechanisms and feel sympathy for Saturn´s wounds - maybe Saturn also can and wants to help Chiron, but with the hard aspects Chiron does not appreciate Saturn´s direct and "stern" approach ?

Would be interesting to hear your experience... (apart from what you already told) If you would psychoanalyze him more, does any of this ring true in any way ? (Of course aspects in synastry can play out differently, and you were dealing with the opposition while I have mostly dealt with the square)
July 31, 2021 at 04:10
(Aquarius) viv
I haven’t had this in synastry to my knowledge but when Saturn came to my natal Chiron in Capricorn I experienced a radical breakup of a long term relationship, and the end of work I loved due to a “recession”. Saturn retrograded and returned the next year and our parents (in their nineties) died within hours of each other and I then experienced an extraordinary psychic attack from a trusted “healer” and sucumbed to a three month debilitating flu, so I had to really rebuild slowly and steadily. There was definitely a theme of letting go old relationships, loved ones, life style. The previous Saturn cycle saw the final end of my first marriage and a first trip to the USA to study so a leap forward in my skills as a therapist (Chiron) Should say Chiron is in Capricorn opp Uranus in my chart so it’s always a double whammy.

Synastry can be complex but I would wonder if sometimes the Saturn person might be the surgeon, bringing about necessary transformation to old fixed ways of being that survive from Chironic defences around old hurts and fears? They might also be the stable person who is there to witness and support deep healing? Or the teacher supporting Chiron’s development? Of the Chiron person’s process might effect the way Saturn experiences themself ... In any case it all sounds quite radical and not necessarily fun!

Im interested to follow thanks Viv
July 31, 2021 at 07:50
(Aquarius) viv » viv
I just looked up Zane Steins book on Chiron. Again the natal aspect... he describes Saturn as putting a containing wall around Chiron so Chiron is forced to go inside and deal with the wound and heal it. It does occur to me that Chiron might not always like being walled up in this way and in synastry might just say “no thanks.” Different from a seemingly outer event that Chiron just has to deal with.
July 31, 2021 at 12:06
(Pisces) fishscales
My wife and I have the conjunction. I´m Saturn, she´s Chiron. I honestly haven´t studied it much, and can´t say I know what it means, but what you wrote here does sound somewhat familiar:

"Saturn provides structure and the willingness to stick things through but may be perceived by Chiron as too stern, bleak, overbearing; forcing rather than encouraging the Chiron person to deal with their own pain ?"
August 4, 2021 at 19:55
(Aquarius) Ways_of_Leavin' » viv
I´m sorry to read about your experiences. If it´s somehow related to this aspect it´s obviously the very worst expression... I have this aspect (albeit the opposition, not the square) natally, I´m not sure till what extent or exactly what role it has played in my life.

"I would wonder if sometimes the Saturn person might be the surgeon, bringing about necessary transformation to old fixed ways of being that survive from Chironic defences around old hurts and fears? They might also be the stable person who is there to witness and support deep healing? Or the teacher supporting Chiron’s development"

You put it quite nicely - especially with the analogy of Saturn playing the role of a surgeon, acting in very invasive and likely uncomfortable ways, but still removing what he sees as very necessary to get rid of.

Ah Zane Stein, yes... the Chiron expert ! Thanks for looking the aspect up. Guess natal interpretations to some degree can be interpreted as an interaspect, too. You know, I just get confused with Chiron... "The wounded healer" as he is called, who can heal others´ wounds but not his own. Mmm. Doest Chiron in synastry feel some kind of insecurity of the qualities representing each planet - e.g. in aspect to Mercury it´s about mental abilities and communication, Venus beauty and social graces, etc... So the Chiron person may be quite amazed at the Mercury person´s mind and eloquence (or what he perceives to be as such), and yet also sense that person´s insecurities communicating, or something like that ? Then what does the Chiron person admire and need to heal in Saturn ?? ... (If I´m not getting Chiron really wrong here)
August 4, 2021 at 19:59
(Aquarius) Ways_of_Leavin' » viv
Well, yes... Likely with the soft aspects Chiron will accept what the taskmaster says; with the conjunction possibly it can work, but with the square/opposition/quincunx most often I suppose it might end with a "no". Unless, I suppose, if both persons´ are very evolved, ready to embrace change, and the rest of the synastry chart show other supportive aspects
August 4, 2021 at 20:03
(Aquarius) Ways_of_Leavin' » fishscales
I suppose with the conjunction it is easier to manage... Well still not an easy aspect to have. But perhaps Chiron and Saturn can find common ground and both parties agreeing with the other... So even if it´s painful it would be easier to deal with and not so ´rough´ like with the other hard aspects idk

May I ask, was there anything particular you helped her with, or was she dealing with anything specific around the time you met ?
August 4, 2021 at 22:50
(Aquarius) viv » Ways_of_Leavin'
🍀🌻🍀

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »