To Text, or Not to text, . ...that IS the question........

June 3, 2021 at 01:42 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly
To Text, or Not to text, . ...that IS the question........
What are your thoughts on this question and how do you feel about the article??

https://www.yourtango.com/experts/…

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
June 3, 2021 at 07:52
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user looney tunes, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Indeed THE MILLION- DOLLAR QUESTION!!!
I think this article is very logical
and definitely make sense .
As a woman I ask myself this question many times , should I initiat... ? Does it make an impression of a weakness ? ect..
In the past I was so stubborn and I never let myself initiate - I was so stuck .
Lately I´ve become more soft and I´ve tried it several times with different connotations.
I was the one to text and it was really great. For the most cases the responses were surprising and beyond expectations.
Sometimes our imagination takes us to the wrong side.
The tips when you shouldn´t text are very important though.
June 3, 2021 at 08:21
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
Well my theory used to be was just text them with everything (Mercury in Capricorn) and since it´s the archetype Capricorn, earth, and long-term, only the Masculine who was going to stick around long-term could handle all that texting. :61:

I suppose you should look at your Mercury and there Mercury and Uranus vs. Uranus in your synastry. Good hint!
June 3, 2021 at 08:25
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
For example: You have Uranus in Sagittarius and Mercury in Scorpio. You get fast higher communications and messaging. Lower communications is Scorpio, so you´re introverted texting in confidential or secret places. Texting being one of them since we can´t see what you´re texting with another person through social media (Uranus in Sag). You´re typically going to investigate, observe, contemplate, and then text message someone.
June 3, 2021 at 08:31
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » looney tunes
I used to initiate in my younger years. Then I stopped initiating and decided to let men pursue me, and then now, I think it really doesn´t matter. You either clique or don´t clique with a person and they either stay or go, and it´s better to just stay in the now, enjoy the moment for what it is, and focus on yourself and goals.

I spent to many years following all those directions and of what informational products. It has half-truths and usually you find out for yourself just by trial and error.
June 3, 2021 at 10:08
(Pisces) fishscales
Eh...doesn´t matter to me.

My future wife actually texted me first. A simple "Hi".

Got the ball rolling just fine.

One thing I would advise, for either a man or a woman: if you´re going to text first, don´t go into some long-winded soliloquy about how you "like" the other person, etc. I don´t know how others would take that, but I wouldn´t take it well.

I liked the "Hi" text because it was open-ended, conversational, what have you. I mean...I knew what was going on, but I liked that I wasn´t being beaten over the head with it.
June 3, 2021 at 15:32
(Sagittarius) RA_
In the old days, we send letters
That takes weeks or months to arrive
Anticipating the days to come
May the weather be good or bad
May the postman be weary
Reaching our doorsteps
Most times unwelcomed by the dogs

Lavender scented letters
Handwritten scripts
Emotions felt in cursive lines
My mother kept their letters,
Back in 1992
I did not expect to read how melancholic
When they were apart.

Technology may become advanced
But this doesn´t change
As we tend to overanalyze unseen things
Love, Like are four-letter words
Simple it may seem but where do these doubts come from?
A relationship should not be like a board game
On who will make the first move.

I wish I could just send flowers
To keep my intentions silent.
June 3, 2021 at 15:37
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » RA_
Those were the fun days! I miss the old ways. So much more personal and actually meant more to get those letters you wait for, then the fast paced today on internet etc.
June 3, 2021 at 15:51
(Sagittarius) RA_ » goldenlion32
The only scented letter I received was in 2003 It comes with a personalized bookmark. Unfortunately I don´t know who the sender is, like no one dare to tell me. I still keep it In a shoe box together with my other treasured things. 😅
June 3, 2021 at 16:05
I had many letters and postcards back in then day. Always was fun running to the mail box to see what I got from a Marine traveling around. Then few friends from the Netherlands. Another guy went to college and sent me letters all the time. :61: Always had fun going to the paper store and looking through all the pens, papers, stickers, colors etc.
June 3, 2021 at 16:06
Uranus in Sagittarius and Mercury in Scorpio which is present in my chart. With the only aspect present is Mercury Semi-Sextile Uranus (1°23’, Separating).
June 3, 2021 at 16:12
Vintage! To think how meaningful the times when communication is not made instant.
June 3, 2021 at 16:27
I used to work at an antique shop and I´d read all the old love letters, post cards, and photographs.
June 3, 2021 at 17:06
(Virgo) rohini moon
Silly game for both sides to partake in.

If you want to talk to someone.. talk.

Alll of these Advancements in technology just take away from our humanity. And give more rise to needless issues of worry. I.e. In 1953, wasn´t much an issue.

Bobby asked Sally to the sock-hop down at the social hall in school.

Problem solved.
June 3, 2021 at 17:08
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly » looney tunes
:15: :15:😊
June 3, 2021 at 17:14
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly » goldenlion32
You´re talking about me?? You have me listening.... Can you elaborate more please?? You got me curious now about my placements you mention...🤔🤔
June 3, 2021 at 17:16
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly » fishscales
Thanks for sharing! 🙂
June 3, 2021 at 17:19
(Pisces) fishscales » rohini moon
"Bobby asked Sally to the sock-hop down at the social hall in school."

Oh what do you have something against box socials??

:61:
June 3, 2021 at 17:40
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly » RA_
We have that in common! 😀
June 3, 2021 at 17:44
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » JessSezItSoftly
Yes, I was talking about you. Mercury in Scorpio is usually secrets and confidentiality from those who have been around me, but not a bad thing when it comes to business, confidentiality, competition in the work place. With relationships though probably have to push yourself to just say it after you think about what you want to say.

Uranus in Sagittarius is kind of "HEY! I Got the Answer Fast, AHA Moment, the Light Bulb went off and I just have to tell you.

Although, Mercury in Scorpio said, "Wait, I better think about what I´m getting into with you first, before I reveal my secrets." :61: "Okay, after I know it´s safe now, I´ll tell you. At least I think it´s okay to take a risk an gamble. Shall I roll the dice first just to make sure. :61:
June 3, 2021 at 17:49
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly » goldenlion32
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 OOOOOMG, you´re SOOO right!!! 😄😄😄

...the battle within... lol
June 3, 2021 at 19:24
(Aries) Wolfmoon
Interesting article and question :15:

I dont think it matters. I personally would be flattered if a woman wanted to initiate something with me. Im shy and don´t really intiate much of anything unless I´m fairly certain they´re interested. Fear of rejection. Pluto square Asc I think :63: can´t remember but its in the chart somewhere.
June 3, 2021 at 19:37
(Scorpio) JessSezItSoftly » Wolfmoon
Interesting wolfmoon.... you mentioned being shy... Are Aries in general emotionally shy?? (Or maybe the word emotionally isn´t the right word but I ask because I´m always told that myself and Aries would do well together (friendship and or otherwise) but I have always found that they appear very standoffish towards me.... (Except for ONE, in my whole entire history of life...) but, I´ve never had aries ppl in my personal life and I guess never been "drawn" towards any, but maybe that´s because they dont seem drawn to me...?? Idk... But with you saying that (about being shy) I wonder if that´s the reason why??? Idk but I´d like to find out why...
June 3, 2021 at 23:20
(Virgo) LotusStar
I do *prefer* being approached first by a man I am interested in, but I don´t care who texts or initiates follows up after that.

As long as you feel that the interest is mutual and the other person replies back with as much enthusiasm as you, I really don´t think it matters and I don´t have the patience to play those kinds of games personally :61:

Better to know sooner than later than sit around wondering.
June 3, 2021 at 23:25
(Aries) Wolfmoon » JessSezItSoftly
"Interesting wolfmoon.... you mentioned being shy... Are Aries in general emotionally shy??"

Not really. For me I´m not shy per say. If I´m in a social situation where I don´t know anyone I like to stand back and get a feel for whats what and who´s who.

When pursuing woman, if its someone I´ve just met, I´m shy. Again, more so the fear of rejection rather than initiating a conversation.

Its a prick of an aspect but now it´s known its easier to work through it
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »