Who "computed" and found his perfect astrological match?

May 14, 2021 at 12:05 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) brain
Who "computed" and found his perfect astrological match?
I am a hobby astrologer for many years now and always checking the birth chart of interesting people I meet. But what about the other way around?

What are your experiences by searching for your "best possible" match?
What is your strategy and success here?

Sure I know that astrology is really complex and thats not easy to answer. But anyways... I think it really should be "computable" (since I am also software developer :)

Are you checking for the perfect synastry? Like finding a birthdate with maximun "harmonic" angles like trines etc?

My strategy is something like:
1. There should be at least one planet in my descendant and vice versa
2. any kind of angles / connections of my venus to the womans mars
3. Some harmonic aspects between my sun and the womans moon especially.

Any thoughts on this? :4:

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
May 15, 2021 at 10:17
(Cancer) Geodyk
Since I met the mother of my son on Match sixteen years ago I have learnt a great deal about astrological compatibility, much of it the hard way :39:

Today, IF I was ever to venture into that arena again, I would certainly use my knowledge to ascertain an appropriate connection but I wouldn´t confine it to tropical astrology - I´d use Vedic, Human Design, Mayan, numerology, Four Pillars...

I´ve spent the last decade looking at the relationships I´ve had through all these different windows and the results were pretty conclusive when taken beyond the superficial levels of sun sign and maybe Chinese sign although sometimes these can be indicators - e.g. I´m a Cancer earth dog and the mother of my son is a Gemini wood dragon - in Primal astrology terms I think a Pitbull and a Hummingbird should shout out incompatibility :61:

Astrotheme has a pretty good compatibility scoring system with the highest I achieved being 95% with a woman I met through work and went salsa dancing with for quite a few years - a purely platonic relationship as we were both married but undeniably a very strong chemistry. Of course Vedic astrology is revered for match-making and I´m currently diving deep into this area and the role that the nakshatras play.

Having said all that I would add that strong compatibility doesn´t always result in the ´perfect´ relationship for, as we all know, there are lots of other factors to consider. The relationship I currently have with the mother of my son (terminology speaks volumes) was undoubtedly fated and the challenges have served to help us both grow - it helps that we´re able to analyse each others charts and understand the issues.
May 15, 2021 at 10:58
(Pisces) fishscales
Although synastry is no doubt an interesting art/science, I think the best way to find the perfect partner is to go out into the world and find them (but don´t TRY to find them...that will most likely derail the entire process.)

When we´re looking for someone based on their astrological aspects, it becomes more of a mental exercise...we are looking for someone who fits some list of "criteria", and in the process, stunting the organic development of feelings between two people based on mutual experiences, interaction, etc.

Once a relationship is established, one can go back and check the synastry and glean some information from it if they want...

What they find may surprise them, even in a successful relationship...
May 15, 2021 at 11:06
(Taurus) nutelina » fishscales
I agree although that didn´t work for my case. I just couldn´t help myself but check again and again like some Rainman on the autism spectrum.

If you try hard enough you´ll find plenty of matches but the question remains, who is the one?

Of course with Venus in the 9th I couldn´t find someone here in this country where I´m ´home´ now. So I had to go through this site and maybe we first spoke English? Strange but true.
May 15, 2021 at 11:13
(Taurus) nutelina
None of the three. You´d do better if you look at exactly what these kinds of relationships like Sun-Moon mean to you. Because it might not be what you are looking for. Someone has to make you whole.

For instance, Sun-Venus can be good, Venus-ascendant might be too but more superficial. Sun-ascendant and Sun-moon are more parent - child relationships. OK for most perhaps but I was looking for an ´equal´ partner.

It helped to realize that with a younger woman, I´d have my moon in an angle with their Pluto. Usually opposition.

I also realized I´m not much into air or fire rising. Air risings are usually not attractive to me, even though the majority seems to be Libra rising but my Venus? No no likey.

Same element rising seem to attract greatly but is also murky waters, can be rather explosive. So I went for the classic Cancer-Virgo. :4: Which is odd because Pisces would be a better match for my Venus - in theory.
May 15, 2021 at 11:21
(Pisces) fishscales » nutelina
"I just couldn´t help myself but check again and again like some Rainman on the autism spectrum."

It takes a good deal of discipline to not check the synastry between someone you first meet...I always did it too.

For whatever reason, when I met my wife, I resisted the urge to check. I finally looked at it several years after the relationship was firmly established.

Obviously, I knew she was a Capricorn sun from the get-go...a sign I´ve always liked, and the one I probably most needed in my life at the time...but that´s all I knew.
May 15, 2021 at 12:18
(Cancer) Lunadominante
Have you ever heard about the "mirroring" theory (don´t know exactly how to express it in English)?? It´s said that we often find attractive those people who "mirror" our natal hard aspects, as we see in them an opportunity to overcome our fated obstacles.
May 15, 2021 at 16:36
(Virgo) rohini moon » nutelina
"I just couldn´t help myself but check again and again like some Rainman on the autism spectrum."

Careful there, nutty. You may ´offend´ some whining wuss with that statement. ⚔️
May 15, 2021 at 19:07
(Taurus) nutelina » fishscales
I think it is Aries + Taurus logically thinking there must be one and why not here? And I agree there are possibly many matches but that one is just special.

But I agree you don´t have to check. We were friends for a long time but then something happened. That was very nice. I never had that before.

It´s funny you say that, I always knew that Capricorn doesn´t work, still I like them but for me that it is this odd goat and not a sheep. I think I´d rather be with Taurus or Virgo then Capricorn but I´m too wild for most earth suns.
May 15, 2021 at 19:10
(Taurus) nutelina » rohini moon
You are really fighting against dark forces aren´t you? I can´t say you are wrong. I have respect for people´s quirks, I know because while I look and act normal up there there´s a lot going on. I´m very shy sometimes. I like to be alone and be left alone. If someone doesn´t respect my boundaries like with this Covid I feel sometimes I will explode but that´s also because that it´s just wrong and fake and we awoke all know it.
May 15, 2021 at 19:41
(Sagittarius) RA_
Maybe this will help you https://nuitapp.com/ Good luck.
May 15, 2021 at 19:54
(Virgo) rohini moon » fishscales
Gertrude is bringing the chicken tettrazini tonight..
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
May 15, 2021 at 20:04
(Taurus) nutelina » rohini moon
Tadum tssss
YouTube
YouTube
May 15, 2021 at 20:11
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user meddowsaxifrage, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Its too much of a wild animal, imo...
May 15, 2021 at 20:27
(Scorpio) Tomi92
And has anyone thought about the need to be prepared for a perfect match?
May 15, 2021 at 21:18
(Pisces) Sag_Stellium » Lunadominante
👏I couldn´t agree more. Challenges help us grow, so as humans we tend to chose people who ´challenge´ us, so we grow out of our patterns. I think such relationships may be attractive because they´re so dynamic. If it was a easy-peasy synastry, no combined goals or efforts, that could become boring over time.

The best one can do to find ´whole´ people, is to be whole yourself. The ´you complete me´ concept is a bunch of bull, in my opinion.
May 15, 2021 at 21:45
(Taurus) brain » RA_
thanks... and damn at the same time. They actually stole my business idea :D
May 15, 2021 at 21:47
(Taurus) brain » Lunadominante
hm, I need to check this mirroring. So you mean when I personally have a saturn venus opposition I need to search for someone with e.g. saturn trine venus?
May 15, 2021 at 22:37
(Sagittarius) RA_ » brain
Nothing is original these days. NUiT has lots of things to improve. I reported few dummy accounts there I verified by using Google search image. I left coz it doesn´t have a live community like here in astro-seek. Forum is like a life blood to keep the site engaging, alive, and learn new things. https://thepattern.com/ you may also want to check this app. Maybe your business idea is not stolen coz you can make a fusion of all these ideas and make them yours. Good luck.
May 16, 2021 at 00:04
(Pisces) fishscales » zombie
"Try not to take my sarcasm seriously."

Nobody is, we assure you.

The value of getting "old", I suppose:

Never taking anyone too seriously...

Especially yourself.
May 16, 2021 at 00:10
(Pisces) fishscales » rohini moon
Nutelina....NUTELINAAHHHH....!!!!
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
May 16, 2021 at 00:34
(Leo) cubic » zombie
I´m not sure I (or the rest) want to read these long, non-funny "jokes" that are "totally just sarcasm I promise guys" in a thread that has potential to be interesting.

I don´t know what the issue underneath is, but try to take it elsewhere or start a new topic so this one doesn´t get totally derailed, thanks.
May 16, 2021 at 10:03
(Gemini) Edy » Sag_Stellium
What an exciting topic...
I just wonder what does mean perfect match? Having :182: :152: in the 2nd house squaring 5th house :173: :154: it was always an issue for me what I really want. I usually use my intuition to start or not a relationship and of course I also look at the synastry chart. For me :191: are the most exciting but conjunctions to my partner planets will also square my other planets (in :182: and :173:)...It is said that having :157: :191: :154: in the 5th I was born with love karma. Sometimes it is very hard but it gives me the opportunity of spiritual growing...nothing more boring than too much smooth aspects...
May 16, 2021 at 15:46
(Taurus) brain » cubic
Very good point... Maybe you guys clean up the unrelated posts here? 😜
May 16, 2021 at 17:15
(Pisces) Sag_Stellium » Edy
I think everyone´s definition of "the perfect match" is different. It really depends on what we would like to see in others, because those are the qualities we would like to have, though we tend to not think of it that way. If we did realize that, we would work to integrate those qualities in ourselves rather than search for it elsewhere. It is not easy to do, I get that. But if we could bring ourselves to overcome our individual shortcomings, and love ourselves for who we are, then we´d be happy regardless of any personal relationships. And that´s what we really want, isn´t it? We want happiness, and ultimately, peace.💜

I´m no expert, but part what I understand from your chart is that there´s this pocket of warmth and friendliness with sun in 5th trine jupiter in the 1st, and there another pocket involving saturn in the fifth with the contact of two very personal emotive planets, so there might also be some strong boundaries set in relationships. As much as I´d like to help someone understand and possibly outgrow these aspects I´d rather not give unsolicited interpretations publicly, for the sake of the chart-bearer´s privacy.
May 17, 2021 at 09:48
(Virgo) LotusStar » Lunadominante
Agreed and in synastry of couples I know there is always one planet in hard aspect to their natal squares or oppositions, or completing an aspect pattern like to create a grand trine or tsquare. It´s like they attract it to work out their issues or it´s a balance thing I don´t know.

Anyway ... Yeah I tried to do this a few years back. I thought I pinned it down to this specific birthday which had a lot of Pisces my opposite sign I thought would be a good match, and then a few months later I befriended someone at my job who I later found out their boyfriend was born on that exact date :61: long story short, he was a nice guy and all but no no no... I would not have been into that at all.

I feel the importance of houses and angles. I know when someone hits my 7th and 8th house it´s a different vibe from a 3rd or 9th house. I do NOT like 12 house and bad Neptune aspects just as much if not more than bad Saturn hard aspects. Venus in good aspects is underrated. So is good Mercury aspects. I also think good aspects to Jupiter.

But like Nutelina said, you can meet a lot of good matches. There´s not just one or two good aspect.... But who is the *one*. I don´t think a chart alone can answer.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »