What indicates a partner better in natal chart - sign on Descendant or sign/house of 7th´s ruler?

April 27, 2021 at 13:29 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) blastardo
What indicates a partner better in natal chart - sign on Descendant or sign/house of 7th´s ruler?
Topic title. My Descendant is in Sagittarius, and Jupiter is in Aries, 12th house. So, what would be a potential (I know this is not simple) better partner for me, Sagittarius or Aries? I know there are also Venus sign/house and also Moon but for this question I am more curious about matters relating to Descendant and its ruler.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 27, 2021 at 13:45
(Pisces) Sag_Stellium
You´re right. It´s not that simple. From what I understand, House ruler is more significant than sign on descendant, because the 7th house ruler alongwith the aspects being made from other planets to that ruler are unique to each natal chart. The house that the descendant ruler is in is second priority, and its sign is the third.
April 27, 2021 at 15:41
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Yes, it is complicated - and more so for you. Just a minute or two off your birth time - which is rounded off most likely - and you could have Taurus ASC, Scorpio DES. So, you really should talk with an astrologer to see if you can figure out your rising and setting sign first. Either way, you´ll be on the cusp - and that makes it more complicated - as you are attuned to both signs.

My guess is that because of all those Cancer planets and Cancer IC - and South node in Libra - that you are a very sensitive person and feel other people´s feeling almost as your own. It gives a person boundary issues and possibly dependency issues. You will need a partner who has good boundaries and a measure of independence to balance this for you. Both Aries and Sagittarius generally have good boundaries.

You´ll also need someone who can recognize your sensitivity and vulnerability - which Aries and Sagittarius is not very good at. Luckily, people are more than their sun signs - so you could meet a person with a strong mix of fire signs with water signs or fire signs in water houses - which would give independence along with emotional sensitivity.

Anyway, it is very complicated -- but these points I´m making are important ones.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
April 27, 2021 at 18:16
(Cancer) blastardo » JayJayAstrology
I thought it strange that You mentioned IC being in Cancer since I recall it being in Leo. Then I noticed that for some reason my minutes got change by accident in my profile.... Corrected that to 1:10 am, which is on my certificate. I cannot fully trust that, but what can I do? Anyhow, never really felt like a Taurus since I am rather non-physical and largely impractical.
April 27, 2021 at 19:33
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » blastardo
I would trust 1:10 more than 1:00. It´s probably closer to it - and there´s no doubt you´d have a Gemini rising, unless it´s a whole ten minutes off. You still have a lot of Cancer, including your Sun sign - so - that little point may still be valid. Your Leo IC is very near Cancer - and you probably feel it some. You don´t have any earth in your chart - except Neptune in Capricorn - an outer planet, and usually not counted - at least those of us who consider personal and social planets more essential. So, you would lack in the down-to-earth practicality department. The Taurus rising would have helped a bit, but you might have still been a tad impractical. Case solved anyway. Gemini rising and Sag DES it is.
April 27, 2021 at 19:45
(Virgo) LotusStar
I think it´s a mix of both. 7th house is the general feel were looking for in relationship and the qualities that balance us that we look for in others, and ruler clarifies in more details.
April 27, 2021 at 21:06
(Taurus) Dilanakia
I look at vertex. Yes 7 th house and the ruler of it is important . I think An Aries person or a sag person would have different effects in your life based on their chart.

I check vertex-vx . That shows which sign do you subconsciously feel attracted to . In your case it’s libra. So a libra dominant person could feel enjoyable to you.

I also look in which house my partners planets fall. For example if his sun falls in my 7 th house then that’s a pretty good marriage partner unless there are really bad aspects
April 27, 2021 at 21:56
(Cancer) blastardo
Interesting, I have actually thought that Vertex symbolizes a potential sudden/karmic event that could take place within the specified sign and house, never considered it anything more ´solid´.

Also, independent yet humane/understanding, hmm.... Wouldn´t that apply to Aquarius, also since I have retrograde Saturn in 7th house and also Aquarius as MC? Again, I lack extensive knowledge on this cultural heritage, though.
April 28, 2021 at 09:03
(Cancer) blastardo » blastardo
Also, are intercepted signs in the same house as 7th ruler significant in any way? In my case Taurus is intercepted in 12th. Just curious.
April 30, 2021 at 01:16
(Virgo) Cecilia_3
Everything should be considered about 7th house matters. Your spouse might be working in a hospital or somewhere people need caring. Like maybe child protection places etc.
May 2, 2021 at 15:12
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Both - and a consideration of the whole chart.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »