Why do I keep attracting water signs?

March 16, 2021 at 13:45 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) wilks222
Why do I keep attracting water signs?
I’ve been attracting water signs for a long time and I’m trying to figure out why.

I’m a pretty strong fire sign and perhaps I subconsciously seek out water signs as a counter balance...

Over the years I’ve tended to attract a lot of scorpios, which makes sense since scorpio is in my 7th house. They are always very mysterious, weird and different which I like, but I can never stay with them for too long. We usually become good friends. Some of my best and closest friends are scorpios.

My mercury sits in cancer and I’m always down for an emotional conversation with anyone. I tend to attract cancer people - I like their nurturing/caring/empathetic qualities, which I guess I kind of lack.

Earth and air signs are usually no no’s for me. I’ve never had a good experience with them outside of friendship.

Are we innately attracted to the our opposites? What’s has everyone else’s experience been like? I’m intrigued!

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 16, 2021 at 13:51
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I can just guess that Vertex in conjunction to ruler of a cardinal water sign (Moon) can to that, and you have it less than 2 degree orb.
March 16, 2021 at 16:13
(Virgo) LotusStar
Moon on the descendant would attract Cancerian types, and a big part of your 7th is in Scorpio so there´s a draw for them too. Plus, both make a nice trine to your Jupiter Pisces and that can go a long way towards creating mutual good vibes.

March 16, 2021 at 17:47
(Virgo) astreo
I keep attracting fire and air signs HAHAHAHA, I suppose it´s because of my Venus in Leo, but of all of them I like to be with the most is with the Leos, then with Geminis, from there on out I don´t like to be with Aquarius, even though most of my relationships have been with Aquarius haha, the Aries I have met have been very rude, and I would like to have friends of water signs, but I never attract from that sign, I have 0% water, and I get bored with earth signs, even though I have too much earth, I feel like I need excitement and fun.
March 17, 2021 at 13:19
(Virgo) Etherealmind
Hi!

Well, as Lotusstar says, it´s probably your 7th house starting in Libra and ending in Scorpio which could attract them. They would logically have their Sun in your 7th house but you having an Aries ASC and being fire dominant ... doesn´t surprise me it doesn´t last too long, for romantic relationships in any case. Your planets in Capricorn, Mercury in Cancer and Jupiter in Pisces could attract them ... maybe your Moon in Libra too !! Libra and Scorpio can get on surprisingly well !! I know a few couples with the husband being Libra and the wife Scorpio and vice versa. It´s also the case for my parents.

Innately attracted by our opposites ? I can´t say for the other people but for my part, I´d say it´s really 50-50. Each time I´ve met Geminis (I´m Sag ASC so I have a Gemini DSC) it was really "make or break". I can get on extremely well with some of them (one of my closest friends is Gemini) or NOT AT ALL with others, I feel like there´s no transition with them it´s almost gambling LOL. Being Virgo Sun, I should feel IN THEORY complementary with Pisces Sun. In terms of friendships, they don´t have a very assertive personality but they´re usually kind and friendly so it´s ok but in terms of romantic relationships ... very complicated if the guy is acting in a very Pisces way lol. They can be not very assertive in the personality and too dreamy so a bit insipid somehow ... in any case, it´s not for me lol.

But in the end I think one should always look at the whole birth chart and above all just meet people without prejudices and let´s see what happens! These Scorpio people you talk about had maybe planets in fire signs too or in any case compatible placements with your planets. The Sun sign only represents a little part of the natal chart you know (even if it´s an important star, I agree). I went out with a Capricorn guy who had many planets in Aquarius but I didn´t know it till I got the idea to look at his birth chart lol and my Leo planets were complementary with his Aqua planets. Well, everything is possible :).
March 17, 2021 at 13:36
(Leo) wilks222 » astreo
Agree - earth signs can be very boring! ha
March 17, 2021 at 13:37
(Leo) wilks222 » LotusStar
Thanks! I don´t see the Jupiter trine though.... :156:
March 17, 2021 at 13:48
(Leo) wilks222 » Etherealmind
Thanks for your input.

It´s interesting that you have bought up Pisces. The people in my life I am most fascinated by are Pisces sun. Like I meet them and then can´t stop thinking about them. Like putting someone on a pedestal and not being able to understand why...
Maybe it´s a past life thing or something to do with my Neptune on my MC cusp...

By the way, you live in a very beautiful part of France.
March 17, 2021 at 17:49
(Virgo) LotusStar » wilks222
Your Jupiter is in Pisces in the 12 house, it´s trine the signs of Cancer and Scorpio, depending on what degree their planets fall it could be in close aspect.

What you described of Pisces is pretty typical of 12 house overlays in my experience too, where the house person tends to put the planet person on a pedestal and is very forgiving of their flaws. Even if someone were to tell you this person is no good, you have a hard time seeing it.
March 17, 2021 at 22:56
(Virgo) Etherealmind » wilks222
PISCES ? :61: Well, I have a friend who´s Pisces and he´s very kind, friendly and patient. I could chat for 2 hours long and he would be able to listen to me till the end :61:. He´s also empathic and adaptable, 2 great qualities :). He´s able to get on well with almost any kind of people and social groups. I just don´t like this sort of passiveness he has, not very active to start projects and stuffs. They also have a lack of asertiveness ... you never know what they really think about you as they sometimes don´t dare saying what they really think and are afraid of confrontations so it´s not very honest but except that I like them as friends, for sure :) they´re pretty hardworker too. Again, I just share my personal experience with them for now. There are probably other kinds of Pisces I still didn´t meet hahaha.

Your interest for Pisces comes from others placements maybe but I don´t think it comes from your MC or Lunar Nodes. In any case, I don´t see anything obvious. I mean, MC is more about career and your role in society and Neptune is conjunct your MC it makes you a bit idealistic or a bit dreamy about your career and your way of perceiving your environment too. Neptune sometimes adds "fog" in stuffs. A "spiritual fighter" or fighting for ideals somehow with Mars not far. I just say some key sentences which come to mind. Tell me if I´m wrong.
March 17, 2021 at 23:18
(Leo) Zephyrin
What you described seems somewhat similar to mine.

Cancers and Scorpios... Maybe I attract them because of my Venus in 8th house and Cancer placements, no clear idea. Even if I like Scorpios, they are hard to get along with in love relationships. Cancers annoy me but I keep them attracting unintentionally.

What can I say is, Mercury in Cancer tend to impress all water signs. So does Cancer Mars but not as much as Mercury. Getting understood is something they fear but also they most need.

Earth signs I encountered, on the other hand, were good but were too earth. You have to wait 500 years to make them love you. Maybe you wait till hell gets frozen, this is more probable. As a friend, they are nice people.

As a Cancer and fire dominant, I´m attracted to Earth signs, unfortunately. Specifically Capricorns. Attracting our opposite sign may not be a myth. I guess it is better to go to North Pole for the love of my life. :4:
March 17, 2021 at 23:40
(Virgo) Etherealmind » Zephyrin
"As a Cancer and fire dominant, I´m attracted to Earth signs, unfortunately. Specifically Capricorns. Attracting our opposite sign may not be a myth. I guess it is better to go to North Pole for the love of my life."

Being attracted by him/her is a thing but get on well with him/her is another :61: :61:

Capricorns can be surprisingly more warmful than people expect, they´re just not very generous with compliments hahaha but when they make you a compliment you can be sure it´s sincere :):) so no need to go to the North Pole :61:

PS : Your profil pic is so cute :92:
March 17, 2021 at 23:49
(Virgo) LotusStar » Zephyrin
"You have to wait 500 years to make them love you."

:61: true that... Especially if their Venus is in earth sign too. I can have some feelings from the start, but I don´t believe it´s real love until time has gone by, like a year even. Taurus and Capricorn are the slowest signs but Taurus is a Venus sign so it comes easier to them. Capricorn probably takes the longest. At least the good news is, once they do, it tends to last and they´re usually loyal.
March 18, 2021 at 09:21
(Leo) Zephyrin » LotusStar
I agree that. Capricorn Venus may be the hardest one to keep after Aquarius Venus.

However, the coldness of a Virgo Venus is another crazy thing. I´ve never seen a Virgo or a Virgo Venus who are actually happy or enjoy in their love life. I sometimes wanna shout "relax!" to them.
March 18, 2021 at 09:32
(Leo) Zephyrin » Etherealmind
"Being attracted by him/her is a thing but get on well with him/her is another"

It must not be so hard to get along with a polar bear :61:

"Capricorns can be surprisingly more warmful than people expect"

Yeah even if you don´t expect it, they can act like a cute child if they are interested in you but to others, they may act soulless.

"so no need to go to the North Pole :61:"

Haha yess there are already enough frosty Capricorns around. :4:

"PS : Your profil pic is so cute"

Thank you, it reminds me the genuine side of a Leo. :12: :62:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »