What is more important, sun-sun, moon-moon or sun-moon compatibility?

February 15, 2021 at 14:12 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) blastardo
What is more important, sun-sun, moon-moon or sun-moon compatibility?
I have read through different websites and guides about interpersonal chart compatibility and natal chart relationship prediction. One of the things that are the most unclear to me is the hierarchy of importance when it comes to sun and moon compatibility. For instance - I have Uranus and Saturn in 7th house. It may be assumed that Uranus implies Aquarius, Saturn Capricorn, and my descendant being Sagittarius implies this sign as well as fire signs in general. Hypothetically speaking, what would be the best match for me in this case (I am Cancer Sun, and Gemini Moon and Ascendant):

Earth Sun, Air Moon and Fire Ascendant?

Or

Air Sun, Earth Moon and Fire Ascendant?

What should the best possible compatibility look like with elements in mind?

I would be really grateful for explanation, this has been bugging me a lot!

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 15, 2021 at 14:22
(Sagittarius) Jolie0407
I like moon-moon connections, soft ones, way more than sun-sun aspects. Just my personal opinion.
February 15, 2021 at 14:25
(Pisces) fishscales
I wouldn´t base compatibility solely on the elements...there are many things to consider.

You have Sag on the 7th, so someone with some significant Sag placements could be a good partner for you...whether those placements are sun, moon, ascendant, whatever.

You have Venus in Cancer...so the sun, moon, or ascendant touching that could be nice.

There could be many, many combinations of sun/moon/asc elements that could be good for you (or anybody)... I definitely would be flexible about it, and not think that three has to be a certain precise combination of sun/moon/ascendant elements in a potential partner.
February 15, 2021 at 15:02
(Pisces) fishscales » Jolie0407
Yeah, if I had to rank the importance, I´d probably say:

1. Moon/moon
2. Moon/Sun
3. Sun/sun

Although at the same time, I really think a man´s sun conjunct a woman´s moon is probably the most powerfully unifying aspect in all of synastry...

Just the absolute archetypal power of it...hard to get around...
February 15, 2021 at 16:39
(Leo) Anni23
In my experience moon-asc and mercury-mercury
Although now that I think of it could be sun-moon, well once

But I don´t know if I would be as precise about it as you are trying to be. Though I suppose I have felt that others with either a air or a earth moon are similar to me. But I don´t think that comes down to a precise element. I think you would be lucky to meet someone with entirely the "right" mix of elements. Although I suppose if you did find someone very similar to yourslef it´s possible that the conflict could be minimal because you would understand each other´s modes.
Actually that´s another thing that I would look into, the modes as I feel that this has some influence if people have a similar energy
February 15, 2021 at 17:23
(Cancer) blastardo
Thank you everyone, I can now see that the matter is more complicated than I thought...Part of the reason I became interested in the ´viable combinations´ is because I apparently lack Earth element and wanted to theorize about a possible ´setup´ of a compatible petson who whould ´complete´ me in this regard.
February 16, 2021 at 17:52
(Cancer) blastardo
So, just to conclude.... On traits of which zodiac signs should I focus on in general while looking for potential partner? Cancer, Aquarius, Capricorn and Sagittarius, is this correct?

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »