THE INADEQUACIES OF SYNASTRIES

June 17, 2019 at 16:09 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Davis212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

It has come to my attention - after having analyzed lots of them - that the astrological compatibility test called “Synastry”, can be very deceiving, and should never be trusted as a reliable tool to establish compatibility or lack thereof , but should only be regarded as an analysis of “Potentials”.

A “potential” could be defined as the “probability” or “likelihood” for something to occur or to manifest. It means that the “possibility” exist for something to happen, or for something to manifest itself.

But a potential is only a potential, and not a future “fact”. That it exists as a high possibility, does not in any way means that it will occur or manifest itself; only that the “potential” is there to be taken advantage of, if both partners really work on it as a team.

Whether that potential manifest or not, depends on many factors such as:

1. The individual placements and aspects, as opposed to the synastry ones.

2. Whether the individual is manifesting the higher behavior/attitudes of any given aspect/placement, or its lower manifestations, instead.

3. How willing are BOTH partners to put in the necessary effort to make it work.

Of the 3 points above, I consider point #3 as representing an 80% of the success.

In this “modern” and fast world, most people want relationships to work on their own, without ANY effort on their part. Everything is “fine” until it is not.

Now, it is VERY easy to get along and to feel “in love” when there are no disagreements occurring; that, ANYONE can do! But the real test of character - AND of real compatibility - is, What happens when there is an important disagreement between the partners? How do they solve it? What methods do they use to do that? And just right THERE, we would know how compatible or not are they as a couple. We would have established a 70-80% of such compatibility or lack thereof, with just that one point.

Unfortunately, there is absolutely NO way to see that from a Synastry, no matter how much other astrologers may think otherwise. Believe me, I´ve had great synastries with quite a few females, where we had many good aspects with Moon, Mercury, and Jupiter; aspects (among a few other ones) that allegedly indicate a great communication between us. And it all was fine until it was not. At the first sign of an important disagreement, all those lovely aspects went to shit. Like just boom, badaboom, gone!

And from an “All is lovely and sweet, and how much we like each other”, we go to:

1. Trying to make the other wrong instead of trying to UNDERSTAND each other´s point(s).

2. Trying to “win an argument” instead of trying to find common ground for agreement.

3. Reacting to the other’s comments, ideas, or concepts (taking things personally), instead of just realizing that we ALL have a different mind with different thought patterns. As soon as one takes something personal, we have already erected a HUGE barrier to understanding - especially if it is about something that is not a clear unkind act that violates already established agreements, and which really puts in danger the survival of the relationship.

4. Trying to just “Be right” as an obsession/compulsion, without no willingness at all to inspect our ideas to see if there is something incorrect about them. This is called “Humility”, and VERY few have that quality/trait.

The 4 points above are the “normal” operating basis for most relationships; a “Power struggle” instead of an “attempt to understand” each other.

But when one has determined that an “attempt to understand each other”, is the basic method used to solve conflicts and disagreements, then one has already established at least a 60-70% of compatibility, regardless of any synastry - good or “bad”.

Synastry aspects, all by themselves, means just NOTHING; that has been my experience as an astrologer. True, it is wise to examine the “Potentials” that exist - for a possible compatibility or lack thereof - as determined by synastries/composites, BEFORE engaging in a relationship.

And if one sees just too many Mars/Pluto, Mars/Saturn, Moon/Saturn, Moon/Pluto, Venus/Saturn, Venus/Pluto hard aspects in the synastry chart (especially the first two), one better err in the direction of dismissing that relationship, than in the direction of “giving it a chance”. But my point is, that synastry aspects are Just “Potentials”, and never necessarily a reality. For a REAL test of compatibility I use the following two points:

1. How similar their system of beliefs are.

2. What method and specific attitudes do they use to handle their conflicts and disagreements.

On #1 above, I don´t mean whether or not they like the same things; that´s a child-like way to establish “compatibility”. “Oh, but she likes the same type of movies I like!”; “How interesting, he also loves music!”; “She likes astrology as I do!”, etc, etc, etc, yawn, yawn, yawn……..

No, what I am talking about are BELIEFS; not mere preferences for fun activities. Do they have similar moral principles? Do their level of honesty match? Do they have similar spiritual (not necessarily religious) beliefs, attitudes, and motivations? Do they have a similar concept (attitude and actual support) on Human Rights and liberties? THAT kind of thing.

And if their system of beliefs match, and if they BOTH (never just one of them) use a method/attitude of handling conflicts/disagreements which include, kindness, compassion, understanding, mutual responsibility, fair play, proper balance; then they are VERY compatible regardless of what the synastry says.

I have my South Node (past developed skills) in my 7th house (relationships) in the sign of balance and relationships (Libra), with the Planet of relationships (Venus) and the planet of communication (Mercury) being conjunct that South Node in the sign of Libra. So I think that I know one thing or two about how a relationship ought to be and to look like.

Posts in topic

Page: 3 2 1
Sort posts:
July 26, 2019 at 13:54
(Sagittarius) Sus » Davis212
Ohh that´s so true!!! I wonder what keeps a couple together for years. And I don´t think the soft aspects are the ones. I really believe each other Natal aspects are the most important ones.
How do I react when something bothers me? How do I feel about that attitude? Do I accept my partner faults? Or do I try to change him? Natal chart has the ultimate word
June 23, 2019 at 11:33
(Taurus) nutelina » Davis212
And Pisces moon indeed it’s quite a combination maybe you seem completely compatible like me which is typical for Libra too perhaps but I think we aren’t compatible as we seem at all because even when it seems we have a trait of everything for our wellbeing we need deep understanding and connections maybe?
June 23, 2019 at 11:31
ha, I know what you mean! I was very much like that myself, though lately, I am content with letting go of things and trying to not hold too much. Holding too much can only lead to loss.

So true! People value their freedom but at the same time it scares them so much they limit others. Oldest problem of the world it seems or at least one of them. Classic problem of man I’d guess. Should read up on some books. Haven’t read a book in quite a while.

My college friend and roommate and my grandmother had the same birthday 3/9. A good friend in Holland was 31/8 I think. Later I met a doctor like him and only that she was a neurologist and my friend is general practitioner. I’ve Lost contact with all Virgos actually thinking about it. Went separate ways.
June 22, 2019 at 12:33
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » nutelina
System message: Post has been written by user Davis212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"I think Virgo is about being perfect, perfection, planning, perfection in execution but I also noticed I greatly value appointments and mutual understandings made."

Oh, yes; we are about that as well! Haha!

"I actually noticed how much I´d like to have planning even in relationships. Something like a future marriage contract :4: But I was actually affraid to ask that."

Haha, I know what you mean! I was very much like that myself, though lately, I am content with letting go of things and trying to not hold too much. Holding too much can only lead to loss.

"And now I see when I wrong a Virgo, he won´t forget :4: :61: Bad planning! I should have foreseen this! But Aries goes: ah f it, burn it all! Freedom! They are sheep anyway! :61:"

Haha, something like that, :-).

"Yeah.. now that I´m older I agree agreements are important. How nice if you can rely on people. I´ll remember my dear Taurus friend for life. She learned me a lot."

Relying on people is an endangered species. Most people live a life of selfish interest. They are "there" for you as long as one serves their specific agendas and desires.

"So Mr. Davis Aries Virgo :4: :15:"

Haha! Yeah; Mr Aries Virgo, crazy and hopeless romantic Pisces Moon! :61: :75:
June 22, 2019 at 12:23
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » David Evans
=====
Indeed! :15:
June 21, 2019 at 05:08
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
On point 3 I agree so much
June 21, 2019 at 00:08
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » goldenlion32
=====
Great! :-) :15:
June 20, 2019 at 13:29
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » Leo Moon
Yes, you have some truth there.
June 20, 2019 at 13:22
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » Davis212
That´s one of the ways I see it myself; as a tool to understanding potential differences.

This is more what I see it as overcoming adversity and obstacles.
June 20, 2019 at 13:16
I think Virgo is about being perfect, perfection, planning, perfection in execution but I also noticed I greatly value appointments and mutual understandings made. I actually noticed how much I´d like to have planning even in relationships. Something like a future marriage contract :4: But I was actually affraid to ask that. And now I see when I wrong a Virgo, he won´t forget :4: :61: Bad planning! I should have foreseen this! But Aries goes: ah f it, burn it all! Freedom! They are sheep anyway! :61:

Yeah.. now that I´m older I agree agreements are important. How nice if you can rely on people. I´ll remember my dear Taurus friend for life. She learned me a lot.

So Mr. Davis Aries Virgo :4: :15:
June 18, 2019 at 23:25
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » goldenlion32
=====
I get all what you say, Thank you, :-)

Indeed; there is no perfect system.
June 18, 2019 at 21:46
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » goldenlion32
In this day and age You won’t end up in jail.

You’ll get a TV show.

(Sponsored by the fine folks at Ovaltine!)
June 18, 2019 at 21:44
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » ram_goat
That just makes them twice as excellent!

My cat ,Tuesday wasn’t gonna let that slide.
:92:
I won’t mention to her ,that dog people are excellent too.

(Insert dog emoji here.)
June 18, 2019 at 21:43
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » zeecappy
=====
"I totally agree that synastry is useless in determining a relationship outcome, attraction, etc. I do however believe that it can be a helpful tool in understanding differences should they arise."

That´s one of the ways I see it myself; as a tool to understanding potential differences.

"If I am reading a synastry chart of someone I am involved with, I would mostly ignore the trines,sextiles and get down to what our differences are because thats the fun stuff lol"

Haha! Yeah, ideed! I always focus on the potential future difficulties. Because it is THAT what needs handling. The easy aspects take care of themselves.
June 18, 2019 at 21:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » MarvinReal
=====
:4: :4: :61: :75:
June 18, 2019 at 18:10
(Aries) ram_goat » goldenlion32
"Amp up" and "Twin Flame Community" in a sentence together?

Sounds like the most morose lot of wankers you´de ever want to not meet, to me..
June 18, 2019 at 18:02
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » ram_goat
I was thinking maybe I should come up with a new phrase, new name, and amp up the Twin Flame Community, and I bet in a year I start a new trend. Lmao. I´s kind of like Hollywood. Maybe hire the guy from the Fyre Festival, and he´ll convince everyone to participate and influencer´s to back it up, and you just have to be overly optimistic you know, get them to believe whatever you want them to believe. And then in the end you go to jail. :61: :61: :61:
June 18, 2019 at 17:50
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » MarvinReal
=====
"Thanks for feedback. I hope that my words also somehow contributed to your puzzle of synastry research."

You are most welcome, and yes; your contributions are always welcome and very valuable, :-).

"Neptune in 8th? OMG!! But in other system it´s 7th. Which one is worse? 7th or 8th? :×"

Oh, BOTH are equally bad!! But in the 8th it is even more deceptive and dream-like. Lucky for me, I have a Virgo stellium to keep grounded; but it does only after Neptune has already done its thing, haha! :61:
June 18, 2019 at 17:50
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Davis212
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
We just compete out of assholeness abundance.
June 18, 2019 at 17:44
=====
Haha!

Marvin is an "Asshole" just as I am, haha! We are both great assholes that have a lot of fun being one, :61: :75:
June 18, 2019 at 17:10
(Capricorn) zeecappy » ram_goat
:75:
June 18, 2019 at 17:07
(Aries) ram_goat » zeecappy
I know, totally.

Like what if they are really into you, but they are a cat person...

SAN DIEGO Representin´ !!!

:4: :4:
June 18, 2019 at 17:04
(Aries) ram_goat » goldenlion32
Which I have witnessed the last three years watching the Twin Flame community swear by it, and than they make up all the false twin, shadow twin, and a few other names for why their karmic relationships don´t work out.

Sounds like a sub-clique within the INCEL community to me..
June 18, 2019 at 16:54
(Capricorn) zeecappy
i totally agree that synastry is useless in determining a relationship outcome, attraction, etc. I do however believe that it can be a helpful tool in understanding differences should they arise. If I am reading a synastry chart of someone I am involved with, I would mostly ignore the trines,sextiles and get down to what our differences are because thats the fun stuff lol
June 18, 2019 at 15:31
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Go, speak with Capricae. That dumb person is back. And it is a man pretending to be a woman. He is gay. Probably some 50yo sole dad. And will keep asking you the same questions why all the time. All joy. Let´s interpret some asteroids.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »