Aquarius Men

February 26, 2022 at 16:40 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) LeoFangs
Aquarius Men
Hi everyone,

Searching for some input on this situation I´ve found myself in with an Aquarius man. To give some background on myself, I´m a Leo woman, though I´m a tad more reserved than probably most Leos and have a history of dealing with social anxiety (not sure if being born on the Leo-Virgo cusp has anything to do with it).

Earlier this year I connected with an Aquarian guy. For two weeks we just texted back and forth and he was mildly flirtatious, nothing too over-the-top. We did learn a lot about each other during that time, including our shared histories of being in toxic relationships (more on that later). We really click, we´re on close to the same level in terms of self-sufficiency, and it helps that we both find each other very attractive.

Once we met up in person, his behavior really took an extreme turn and he started showering me with compliments, practically acting like he´s in love, even telling a couple of his relatives about me even though we had hung out only 1-2 times. I found this behavior to be a bit odd, given that from what I´ve read about Aquarians they tend to be aloof and emotionless, at least on the surface. However, this particular one has been single for a couple years now, has been isolated from nearly everyone, and has been through over a dozen rejections, so I´m thinking perhaps after initially meeting me, he just might have been in shock to have finally found someone who´s interested in him back. Needless to say, I started to fall for him more as a result of all this attention.

Over the last couple weeks, however, he´s appeared to have really pulled back. He´s said he´s not ready for a relationship yet, even though he wants one, because he´s terrified he´ll encounter someone like the last girlfriend (long story short, she was very controlling and aggressive, suffers from a mental illness). He´s said he likes me and that we have relationship potential, but he doesn´t want to jump right in and wants to just spend time together for now with no label, just enjoy each other´s company, and until we have an official talk, we are "just friends with some romantic interest." He´s stopped showering me with compliments, and this past week he hasn´t hardly interacted with me at all. We are connected on a couple social media accounts, and from what I can see on there, he appears to have gone really quiet. If I had to guess, I think he´s just isolating from everyone. He says he´s highly introverted and likes to spend 90% of his time alone at home.

To say it bothers me that he went from showering me with compliments and attention to not interacting with me hardly at all would be an understatement. I can´t help but notice once I started returning the attention is when he started to pull away. It stings, to the point where I feel the need to continue to keep my options open just as a way to protect myself emotionally.

At the moment I´m ignoring him. My last interaction with him was this past Wednesday. He hasn´t reached out to me at all, either to make plans to hang out or even just to say hello. There is the worry that there´s another woman in the picture, but I´m a little doubtful that´s the case, especially since he deleted the app we met off of a while ago. Since we´re connected on some social media, I´m doing everything in my power to not show any inkling that I´m bothered by him not interacting with me.

What does anyone make of all this? Since I like this guy and want to keep him in my orbit, I don´t want to sever ties, so I´m looking at reaching out to him tomorrow and arranging a phone call. Is that a wise thing for me to do, though? As tempted as I am to keep ignoring him, I feel like that might backfire.

Input and advice greatly appreciated!

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
March 7, 2022 at 10:49
(Leo) SG1994Leo » LeoFangs
I say come clean to this guy. Tell him EVERYTHING you have been feeling from the very beginning to right now. If he really cares he´ll make sure you never question it again. And if you do after all that. Well then there´s your answer.
March 6, 2022 at 23:29
(Scorpio) YRashawn
Hey, I´ve read some of your responses. Before I even get into the astrological side of things, I want to say you would be better off my moving on and finding someone that can give you the Leo attention you deserve. Aquarians can be hot and cold, and in the beginning, like Aries, can be very interested in new things. You are like a novelty or new piece of technology, but once the allure wears off...ghost, silence. This is why he love bombed you in the beginning. Aquarians are rational and for the most part dominant, so if he wants you he will reach out and be proactive. Do not fall for the "I haven´t checked my phone" because I´m pretty sure your messages were returned a lot sooner before he went distant. Like others have mentioned, the ball is in his court. Let him make the move, but don´t anticipate it. You do NOT want to travel down the road of entertaining excuses for his behavior, he´s mostly likely not "shell-shocked"

Now in terms of your natal chart, Aquarius on the 7th house of partnerships makes him feel like he is your better half. Aquarians are funny, thoughtful, and can be extremely relatable but also impersonal and cold which is what you are seeing now. He helps you express your eccentric side. Saturn is representing him in your natal chart. Saturn is retro and opposite Jupiter. This means it will be hard to advance a relationship forward with him. Things will swing from dating to cold shoulder and with Saturn squaring your Venus, you will not get a relationship out of him, and he can be very separative when it comes to your values and ideals concerning partnerships. This is an objectification aspect. The reason you attracted him into your life is because your North Node is in Aquarius in your 7th. Your partners and relationships will help you develop the qualities you need to ascertain in this lifetime. You are to be more impersonal, rational when it comes to relationships. Hint: if a guy is love bombing you, he´s not the one. The partner for you is one that may be more a friend whereby the two of you share common interests. Love and passion may be lacking, but this is needed for your spiritual growth. Having south node in Leo can set you up for heartbreak if you persist on leading with your heart instead of your mind. :181:
March 6, 2022 at 21:09
(Leo) LeoFangs » Dbo-1982
I can´t bring myself to say anything to him at the moment because I´m kind of mad at him now lol

Basically feeling the need to double down on the ignore game, even though I doubt it´s going to get me anywhere.
March 6, 2022 at 20:35
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » LeoFangs
System message: Post has been written by user Dbo-1982, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Send him another message making yourself clear that you like him & its making you irritated that he seems uninterested & a straight forward answer from him no matter what it is would be a decent thing for him to do.
I’m currently finding it hard myself with this other women that I let go, she was being hot & cold told me how I was one of the best out here & how good I make her feel, said she thinks I’m gentleman etc, but then she goes distant on me so I was doing the same back cos of how it made me feel, so I asked her to leave me alone & it’s genuinely done me In.
We only live around the corner from each other & I kept seeing her ex at her house & that made me feel worse in my self to the point I had to let go, it was giving me doubts & making me overthink the situation, so I can imagine how this is making you feel too,
Hope you get a solid answer from him either way. :181:
March 6, 2022 at 18:20
(Leo) LeoFangs » Morena_Lu
I would not say I have any sort of low self-worth. I’ve come a long way with learning to be content with myself, and I know what I ultimately want in life. I’ve known since I was a kid that my parents’ relationship (or lack thereof) is nothing to strive for.

That being said, I also don’t like this idea that you need to ignore a man and act disinterested or treat him like trash in order for him to like you. Part of me wonders if that’s all just social conditioning over the last 20-30 years, especially when you take into account that it seems to be more acceptable for a woman to be a complete mess and men are still supposed to accept her anyway. Meanwhile I do everything to NOT be a mess and I’m hard pressed to find hardly anyone who’s attracted to me, who is on the same level, and isn’t some clean-cut, overly straight laced, basic kinda guy (I prefer my men have more of an edge and not be so basic and ordinary).

Yes, I did like the Aquarian. Still like him very much. He seemed to like me, too, and maybe he still does, I don’t know (if he does he hasn’t been showing it). The seeming rush to replace him is more my way of trying to suppress my own feelings for him.
March 6, 2022 at 17:09
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » LeoFangs
Oh... I am sorry to hear that about your parents. But now I understand this whole situation.

My friendly advice (you can listen or not, it is on you:))

I would try to make some strong connection with myself and to love myself first. Mostly we attract similar energy to ours, don´t rush to replace that Aquarian guy, maybe you liked him..or just idea of him.. which is another story.. You want someone to be really into you, to love you deeply, not to be your roommate.
March 6, 2022 at 16:53
(Leo) LeoFangs » Morena_Lu
As I’ve already mentioned, I have a strong attraction to the Aquarian guy, who I STARTED going out with, but then he started distancing and ignoring me, though on the surface it appears he’s been ignoring just about everyone. Since I have a strong attraction and don’t want to end up a complete emotional wreck because I put all my eggs in one basket, I’ve been trying to seek out others as a way to redirect some of this attraction. The Pisces has so far been the first one. I am also in contact with others.

Edit: As far as my parents’ relationship goes, they never really had one. I was an unplanned pregnancy, and since they wanted to do what they thought was best for me (which was to have both parents in my life), they stayed “together” even though they weren’t together at all. It felt more like they were roommates as I was growing up.
March 6, 2022 at 16:45
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » LeoFangs
I think this is just your Ego now, maybe you are dissapointed a bit, it will pass.

What kind of relationship your parents had, we can just project what we saw as "ideal" ..and it can be far from that.

Rejection is also some kind of reflection, you said you was not really into Pisces guy that much, why you went on a date with him? Also, why would you like to date first one, it is hard for him to make some effort and text you, for sure you deserve more.
March 6, 2022 at 16:33
(Leo) LeoFangs » Dbo-1982
I just wish that, if he’s trying to push me out of his life that he would just do so already, instead of seemingly waiting for me to throw my hands up and remove him. I hate this stupid game, if there’s a game even being played. Maybe he does need to know I’m seeking out other guys, just to prove a damn point.
March 6, 2022 at 16:18
System message: Post has been written by user Dbo-1982, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Wow not great from the pair of them, thats a bit of a blow for you, but honestly thinking maybe it’s a saviour for you as it may of been more harder on you in the future if things was to go on & then maybe you might of said something(s) best to move on & not show them emotion,
Makes you the bigger person & shows your self respect, that will make you stronger for you as well.

Don’t give up in trying either, we only live once & every one deserves to be happy & feel loved, if the same happens just move on & don’t give them the benefit of knowing they peed you off, you will definitely find your Mr right lol

Hope things work out with whatever happens for you :181:
March 6, 2022 at 15:37
(Leo) LeoFangs
The more I think about it, the more I don’t like that last response he gave me. I just think it came off kinda rude. After ignoring him since Friday, I was going to respond to his text today with a little smartass quip of my own, but now I just keep thinking, “Well, screw him.” Basically I just keep getting more annoyed by this behavior and as tempted as I am to wear my heart on my sleeve and make my irritation known, part of me feels like that would be a bad idea. Someone told me that if he’s like this with me now, perhaps he was like this with the ex-girlfriend and therefore maybe we can understand her frustration (basically insinuating he’s not the victim in that situation and maybe she actually was). I don’t know if I would go that far, but who knows.

So if he wants to play this bullshit ignoring game, fine—I’m better at it. I probably wouldn’t be so annoyed right now if the Pisces guy I went out with hadn’t texted me the next day basically saying with him starting school up soon he doesn’t have the time to devote to dating/relationship and that he feels more platonic towards me than romantic. Even though I wasn’t as attracted to him anyway, I’m still a tad disappointed. My ego just keeps taking a beating lately.
March 5, 2022 at 19:43
=====
Sounds like he seems to think you take time to reply yourself, I’m very good at picking up on someone’s tone even over text so I can imagine most people can too.
Doesn’t sound like a good start to any potential relationship tbh either maybe have a chat about boundaries & expectations if you feel that’s what you want.
If not don’t feel pressured or made to feel like you haven’t tried because from what you have wrote in your post it sounds as though you have been more than fair.
Hope your date went well too.
Good luck with whichever way you choose :181:
March 5, 2022 at 19:18
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Giada1975, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Ciao, posso solo permettermi di chiederti se desideri vivere davvero queste brutte sensazioni.. io mi allontanerei senza esitazioni, ma questa è solo la mia opinione :)
March 5, 2022 at 17:04
(Leo) LeoFangs
Ended up getting a response last night, right as I was meeting Pisces guy. All he said to my suggestion of connecting on Sunday was, “If I ever pay attention to my phone” with a few laugh react emojis. I still haven’t replied to that, and frankly I don’t know if I want to. I don’t really like the tone, even though tone can be a little hard to discern via text, and maybe I could just be feeling a little over sensitive. For now I’m just sleeping on it.
March 4, 2022 at 22:03
=====
It does sound as though he’s not giving you much tbh, you have definitely said the right things to him as in if he has anything on his mind your willing to listen to him & also asked if he wants to hang out & that being your new friend etc. I get he’s work will be a priority to him but also if you was a priority to him he would make plans to catch up with you also, as well as making the same effort towards you as you are with him. So yeh I would say that you dating someone else is a positive thing don’t waste anymore time on him, if he wants to reach out then I think he would of & if he does in the future & you’ve moved on then that’s on him, you getting on with your life rather than sitting there giving yourself a headache by over thinking things won’t help, you dating someone else & getting on with it is a massive show of self respect/esteem & don’t let anyone take that from you.
Hope the date goes well lol & if he does get in touch just keep an open mind as he may just do the same :181:
March 4, 2022 at 17:37
(Leo) LeoFangs
@Dbo-1982, thank you for your input.

There has been yet another update in this seemingly ongoing saga. After not hearing from him all week, I decided to just call him last night. He didn’t answer (no surprise there), but I left him a voicemail. I essentially just told him that I wanted to reach out and see how he’s doing, that it would be nice to catch up. I told him if he has something on his mind he wants to talk about or hang out, he knows where to find me, and left it at that.

Early this morning he sent me a text saying “Hey I see you rang” and that there isn’t much to catch up on on his end because all he does is work and spend time on his computer. He was casual about it with some laughing emojis. I responded in a lighthearted manner myself and suggested maybe connecting this Sunday and that I kinda miss talking to my new friend. I’m not sure what he’ll respond with, if he responds at all, but in the meantime I have another date lined up with the Pisces I’ve been in communication with tonight after work.
March 3, 2022 at 10:39
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
Hi hope you don’t mind me commenting on your post.
I’m an Aquarian man & for the last 6 months I’ve been chatting to a women all day every day & several meet ups, I only just managed the strength to give her a hug recently with a peck on the cheek lol, there’s been a few breaks in between us chatting, I’ve just come out of a 24 year relationship nearly 19 years married. My wife is a very abusive alcoholic & I’ve suffered greatly for enabling this which has left me with some serious anxiety disorders to say the least as well as absolutely no self esteem, when chatting with this other women I tend to get close & start to open up but them almost immediately I shut off & feel numb, I go for days without texting that’s where I say with breaks in between, it’s like I can’t believe my luck after all I’ve been through & I don’t feel good enough or that it won’t last (doubts) I texted her just over a week ago & I said I want leaving alone but I really don’t want that & can’t understand myself why I’ve done it, we haven’t spoke in over a week now & it genuinely hurts, but no part of me will ever reach out to her, honestly don’t no why either, guess I’m hoping she will get back in touch but then again maybe I will keep being this defiant & careless even though we showed each other huge affection.
Maybe have a good chat about what you expect from him as in do you want to get to no each other more deeply over time while taking your time etc. also tell him how it makes you feel that when he takes long to respond, it gives you doubts about his affection towards you & that more consistency from him would be appreciated. Let him no that it’s also ok for him to shut down sometime but to tell you this so you no, bad relationship history will be a big problem but then again if he’s been single for a while he maybe over compensating his affection to you & then having negative feelings about him self. I tend to be quiet introvert at 1st but the more quality time spent with this women the more I felt at ease it’s the times I’m alone & left to think that’s when I become introverted & distant having negative emotions. Maybe he’s going through something similar but also don’t settle for anything less than you deserve. Hope everything works out for you too. :181:
March 3, 2022 at 02:22
(Taurus) feelgoodwithuidoido » Celes
I really liked this sweet comment, Celes! Couldn’t have said something kinder or better. :79:
March 2, 2022 at 00:08
(Gemini) Celes
Be his friend. Share with friends. You´ll know him better; you´ll have that "orbiting" question (sorry my english)... then you´ll make a step..., and in the future you´ll better meet an Aquarius Ascendant!

My very best wishes for you generouse Leo :79:
March 1, 2022 at 22:21
(Leo) LeoFangs » feelgoodwithuidoido
I´m still keeping him in my orbit because I like him and don´t want to completely put the kibosh on things between him. I even have another guy (this one is a Pisces) I´m in contact with just in case it really does ultimately not work out, and communicating with him has been helping me not completely lose myself and turn into an emotional wreck.

I just hope I don´t end up losing attraction entirely and all of a sudden he comes back around. I could see that happening.
March 1, 2022 at 22:15
(Taurus) feelgoodwithuidoido » LeoFangs
:85: Feel your pain. When someone leaves you in that place for too long, it´s no good for your emotional health. Seems like you´re lucky to see it so early. His wounding isn´t transferring too deeply to you, and you´ll :15:bounce back. Be gentle with yourself. :15:
March 1, 2022 at 21:52
(Leo) LeoFangs » feelgoodwithuidoido
"Probably both aspects that want to lean in, but it does seem like sound advice to let your heart seek love where it flows easily. Someone flip-flopping with their attention like that is probably going to be naturally crazy-making for you, no?"

Oh, yes, this does drive me absolutely crazy :41: And the worst thing about it is that because I don´t want to sabotage everything and come off as crazy, obsessive or insecure, I´m pretending like this behavior doesn´t bother me all that much rather than speak how I truly feel.
March 1, 2022 at 21:24
(Taurus) feelgoodwithuidoido » LeoFangs
Amateur perspective, but I would think your 7th house relationship house ruling planets in Cancer and Cap probably need the emotional stability :174: and wanting to feel like your time spent developing the relationship was a good investment. :180:

Probably both aspects that want to lean in, but it does seem like sound advice to let your heart seek love where it flows easily. Someone flip-flopping with their attention like that is probably going to be naturally crazy-making for you, no?
March 1, 2022 at 18:32
(Leo) LeoFangs
Hey everyone, just dropping by to provide an update.

For those who didn´t catch my previous reply, I reached out to him Sunday afternoon asking if I could give him a call that night. Didn´t receive any response, nor did I see him on any social media at all. Just when I was about to throw my hands up, I get a text message at almost 10:00 at night from him telling me that he was just now seeing my message, apologizing and saying that he hadn´t been paying hardly any attention to his phone all weekend. On the one hand, I wanted to laugh, but on the other, I wanted to scream.

I didn´t respond to him until the following evening before I went out to hang with some friends at one of my local bars. All I essentially said in that message was that I thought about calling the previous night when I got his text, but that it was a bit late (he has to be up very early for work) and that as much as I would be up for talking tonight (Monday), I already have other plans.

Still haven´t received a response from him. I don´t really know what to make of all this. Last night I was talking to one of my friends over some drinks about this whole situation. He´s of the opinion that, based on the guy´s history and everything he´s told me and how he´s behaving now, that there may be some serious mental health issues at play, that he seems shell shocked, and as far as I´m concerned, I should just continue to live life and not worry about it while still keeping him in my orbit. As much as it pains me to do that because it basically means I´ll have to pull away even more than I already have, I feel like it´s the best course of action for the time being.
March 1, 2022 at 09:02
(Pisces) 11
I read all this situation, so I hope you will keep us updated :1:
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »