Day Chart or Night Chart

July 14, 2019 at 18:07 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Day Chart or Night Chart
Do you have a day chart or a night chart? This was an important question for ancient and medieval astrologers. It has been lost in modern astrology.

How do you know? If you´re Sun is on the top half of the chart. That is ABOVE the Asc-Dsc axis, then you have a day chart. Likewise, if your Sun at birth is below the ASC-DSC axis, yours is a night chart.

This has many implications. First of all, in a day chart Saturn will be a little less challenging and a little more constructive, while Mars will tend to be more difficult. Likewise in a night chart, Mars will tend to be slightly less difficult and Saturn more difficult.

Venus will be more positive in a night chart and little less positive in a day chart. Jupiter will be a little more positive in a day chart, little less positive in a night chart.

Of course this is all relative to other factors in the chart. Sun is of course a day planet and Moon a night planet. Mercury is neutral.

The calculation of certain Arabic Parts, mainly the Part of Fortune would be calculated differently based upon whether you had a day chart or a night chart.

You would do well to research the question of day charts, day planets, night charts, night planets.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
September 23, 2020 at 13:32
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » rohini moon
System message: Post has been written by user Green Garden, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Thank you, i get so much information and inspiration from all members. Thankful for the day, i found this forum. :1:
September 23, 2020 at 14:23
(Pisces) fishscales » Green Garden
"In the charts where i know, anxiety played a role, were also hard Saturn/Pluto aspects to personal planets."

Hmm...also interesting.

Although I have soft Saturn and Pluto aspects to my moon, I do have a night chart.

It would be interesting to correlate how many night charts had aspects between their personal planets and the "darker" planets (Saturn and Pluto I guess) vs how many day charts.

Also would be interesting to assess the strengths of the sun vs moon in day vs night charts.

I´m betting, in general, sun will be stronger in day charts, and moon would be stronger in night charts.

Another possibility:

I could be completely talking out of my ass here. :2:
December 3, 2021 at 01:39
(Taurus) Rosincvist » fishscales
Questions such as these have come up twice in the last month and shall come-up again. Hooray for the :49: :49: :49:
December 3, 2021 at 04:19
(Scorpio) Heßen Lutz » Gypsychic
Already a day chart.
December 3, 2021 at 08:18
(Pisces) ꓄꒐ꋊꋊ꒐ꏂ
I have a night chart and I strongly relate to my lovey Luna.
My Sun and Mercury seemed neutral ...
My venus and Mars are both chill~
Except for Saturn who keeps stabbing my heart lol xD
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »