Day Chart or Night Chart

July 14, 2019 at 18:07 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Day Chart or Night Chart
Do you have a day chart or a night chart? This was an important question for ancient and medieval astrologers. It has been lost in modern astrology.

How do you know? If you´re Sun is on the top half of the chart. That is ABOVE the Asc-Dsc axis, then you have a day chart. Likewise, if your Sun at birth is below the ASC-DSC axis, yours is a night chart.

This has many implications. First of all, in a day chart Saturn will be a little less challenging and a little more constructive, while Mars will tend to be more difficult. Likewise in a night chart, Mars will tend to be slightly less difficult and Saturn more difficult.

Venus will be more positive in a night chart and little less positive in a day chart. Jupiter will be a little more positive in a day chart, little less positive in a night chart.

Of course this is all relative to other factors in the chart. Sun is of course a day planet and Moon a night planet. Mercury is neutral.

The calculation of certain Arabic Parts, mainly the Part of Fortune would be calculated differently based upon whether you had a day chart or a night chart.

You would do well to research the question of day charts, day planets, night charts, night planets.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
July 15, 2019 at 01:07
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Vanille
It adds one more dimension to delineation. So Mars and Venus are night planets. In a night chart such as yours, Mars will be a bit less negative in general and Venus will manifest a bit more positively. Whereas Saturn which is a day planet will be a bit nastier (he doesn´t like being in a night chart) and Jupiter will act a little less positively because Jupiter also is a day planet.
July 15, 2019 at 05:50
(Scorpio) Angelina
Yes, i´ve read about day and night charts. I even remember reading about how to guess if a person is day or night born. Don´t really remember what aspects were considered, maybe smth like sun in 10th can be noticed, I would like to find that article again.
I was born 4:40 in the morning, so still the night chart. But I have Jupiter in 7th, and I like it. My sun is in 2nd, I also don´t complain. I think You can always want for better placements:))
July 15, 2019 at 06:24
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Angelina
I mentioned what is affected. No, it doesn´t mean your Jupiter becomes bad and of course you have to consider the aspects, sign placements, etc. It´s a question of relative force. Jupiter becomes RELATIVELY weaker in a night chart, just as Venus becomes relatively stronger in a night chart. Mars becomes a little less malefic in a night chart and Saturn becomes a little nastier.
July 15, 2019 at 09:30
(Aquarius) Avalon1
It all depends on being planets over or under "Horizon".
For instance:
Venus is more powerfull in upper half of chart at night; while she`s less powerfull in lower half at night.
Sun is more pwerfull in upper half and he`s less powerfull in lower half, both at days.
etc.
July 16, 2019 at 08:22
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
5 planets above the horizon, 5 below, 5 v. 5 in seesaw pattern.
P.o´F.is aiding and abetting :157:s dexter aspects. So I have mostly a day chart.
July 16, 2019 at 12:44
(Sagittarius) Sus
Some of that aspects are described in
Horoscopeyourself
And
Natal.es

This one, Spanish, is very complete with arabian parts and give that day/night option
July 16, 2019 at 15:37
(Leo) HeavenSent
ψυχη

When Venus and Jupiter are conjunct, there´s usually a kind of blending of energies. Any thoughts on how the night/day thing would operate then? I´m new to thinking about charts as night/day charts.
July 16, 2019 at 15:56
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » HeavenSent
Well, that would normally be a very positive conjunction anyway, however, if it was in a day chart, Jupiter would (all other factors being left out) be enhanced and Venus slightly weakened in its beneficence. Likewise, if it were a night chart, Venus would be relatively heightened and Jupiter relatively weakened. RELATIVE is the key word here.
July 16, 2019 at 16:08
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I know with most of my planets on the bottom of the chart it is more introverted and was born at night.
July 16, 2019 at 17:09
(Pisces) TimeSciences
Thanks for bringing this up! I´m a ´Day Chart´ (´best guess´ of my birth time with explanation is in my profile)
Should a time of birth noted as 12:01AM be considered a day chart or, should a few rectifications be made to allow for the possibility of whomever noted it following the birth several minutes after?
Actual example: May 30, 1950 Concord, California USA 12:01 AM!
Thanks in advance for any info/links on this. :5:
July 16, 2019 at 17:26
(Libra) leorising
https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
i remember of this video, about sun in 4th house, i have this position in vedic astrology.. in this video its explained about progressive chart, when this sun could arrived in 10th house
YouTube
YouTube
July 16, 2019 at 17:32
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » TimeSciences
That would definitely be a night chart. Day Chart would start when the sun rises above the horizon. So, the Sun would be above the ASC-DSC axis. At that time of year, in that place, the earliest time for the beginning of a Day chart would probably be around 6AM.
July 17, 2019 at 00:20
(Aquarius) Gypsychic
My sun is at 6 degrees Aquarius and my ascendant is also 6 degrees Aquarius. I was born during sunrise at 7:20 am and sun began to rise at 7:16 that morning. Am I Day or night?
July 17, 2019 at 01:31
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Gypsychic
This is interesting. If the sun rose at 7:16 and you were born at 7:20 then you have a Day Chart, but this is close! :)
July 19, 2019 at 00:56
(Aquarius) Gypsychic » ancient_astrology
Thanks that’s what I was thinking too.
October 25, 2019 at 02:16
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Someone rich and famous born the day I was born has the Sun exactly on the Ascendant; :163: :191: :152: more closely; Heliocentric quintiles more activated.
Should more of us be born in caves, old growth forests, dolphin aquariums, than under bright lights; We wouldn´t have to Mall-walk to feel religious!
October 25, 2019 at 15:07
(Aries) CrescentKitKat
Hi I´ve been curious about the whole diurnal/nocturnal, in sect or out of sect concepts for a while.

So just want to run these concepts by someone. Diurnal planets - :151:, :156:, :157:. Nocturnal - :152:, :154:, :155:.

As for :153:, I´m confused. I know :153:changes sect, depending on whether it is oriental vs occidental to the :151:. I know :153:is oriental when it rises above the horizon before the :151:and occidental when it rises after the :151:.

However, can I tell what it´s going to do when I just look at a chart. I´m confused about the motion of my chart.

For example, I have :180:Rising, :153: :182:, and :171: :151:. Does that mean my :153:is oriental to the :151:and would therefore be diurnal in sect, so in my nocturnal chart, :153:is out of sect?

Wikipedia says that a planet can have some sect dignity, even if it is out of sect, if the planet is in a sign that matches the polarity of its sect. So :151:, :156:, :157:in a masculine sign and :152:, :154:, :155:in a feminine sign and I assume :153:would switch depending.

And as to how being in-sect and out-of-sect manifests, would you say a malefic out-of-sect is stronger and more apt to manifest negatively and in-sect more positively and vice versa for the benefics? What about the lights?
October 25, 2019 at 15:53
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » CrescentKitKat
Mercury is considered neutral, if it is a diurnal chart, it joins the diurnal planets. If it is a night chart mercury joins the nocturnal sect.

As for your last question: Saturn becomes more malefic in a day chart. It becomes less malefic in a day chart. Generally speaking it acts malefically in a night chart, though, it can play a constructive role (depending on other factors) in the day chart. As a malefic in a night chart it will tend to be associated with loss, sluggishness, oppressive authority.

Mars is more malefic in a day chart. In a night chart it can be constructive if properly placed.

Hope that answers your question. If not, please ask more questions. I am happy to answer them.
October 25, 2019 at 16:52
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » CrescentKitKat
A planet is either of the sect or against the sect. Polarity, triplicity and angularity or other considerations but not to be confused with sect.
November 16, 2019 at 10:25
(Aquarius) dixieredhen
I have a day chart with Sun in the 9th. I am gradually spending more time on the opposite side of the planet which converts my chart to a night chart with Sun in the 4th. I will be interested to see that Saturn is more difficult there but Venus is nicer.
September 23, 2020 at 00:42
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
S :157:n is more constructive and less fierce in day chart, but it reaches it´s full potential in a Night Chart, does it not?
September 23, 2020 at 08:34
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Green Garden, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I have collected around 50 charts from my family and friends. I noticed that the day person charts are more vital, more positive. With night charts people tend to anxiety/ depression, inhibited actions.
Has anyone seen that touo?
September 23, 2020 at 11:05
(Pisces) fishscales » Green Garden
What you´re saying makes sense.

I wouldn´t necessarily associate a night chart with anxiety and depression, but I think it may represent a more introspective personality...which in turn, (but not always) is more prone to having issues such as depression, anxiety, etc.

When the sun is below the horizon, that part of the world enters night: the receptive, yin polarity part of the day. I´d think this would reflect through the chart as well. Because of its absorptive nature, that polarity is again more prone to things such as anxiety, depression, etc. Though again, not always.

Interesting study you carried out though.
September 23, 2020 at 12:19
(Virgo) rohini moon » Green Garden
That is interesting, castle. I sort of presumed that to be the case naturally as - the sun represents our vitality. But you have given validation to my thoughts!
September 23, 2020 at 13:27
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user Green Garden, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Thank you. That is better formulated, less dramatic.

In the charts where i know, anxiety played a role, were also hard Saturn/Pluto aspects to personal planets. I just find it interesting that they are born in the night.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »