Do people become more like their sun or ascendant as they get older?

June 27, 2022 at 13:28 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Anna239
Do people become more like their sun or ascendant as they get older?
I have read both of these claims.

The idea of the sun is that we earn it, and maybe move further away from our moon.
The same for the ascendant,

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
June 29, 2022 at 12:55
(Leo) Anna239 » LotusStar
What you say about the ascendant seems true, I use my ascendant to manage situations to some degree, and yes particularly the unknown
People who I do not know

Ahhahaha the ic, idk if I’m very Capricorn-ish. Hm maybe a bit
I’m looking forward to be being more like my sun tbh
June 29, 2022 at 14:46
(Libra) Kélian » Anna239
I think most people will eventually try to correct some of their flaws, beginning by those who cause the most unhappiness in their lives.
The more afflicted a planet is, the more problems she leads to.

Even if your main flaw is let´s say a lack of self-consciousness (Neptune opposing the Sun for example ?), there will eventually be people in your life to tell you that you should realize this or that.

It depends on the affliction, how many problems it leads too, how altering these problems are to the person´s overall happiness, what impact they have on the person´s life.

In that process of changing, there can be people surrounding us that will help you get better, but one can also be born in a family or around people who will not only encourage them to continue manifesting their flaws, but who will even make them worse, and those people will need more time to get better.

But basically, someone with a very weak and heavily afflicted Mercury is very likely, at some point in his/her life, to learn how to communicate better, if Mercury is in Taurus, the person will keep a naturally Taurus way of communicating, but it won´t be as messy as before, manifesting a purer Taurus way of communicating.
If it´s the Ascendant and the person is Aries Rising, the person may suffer feeling that she has trouble using the qualities of Aries as she lacks confidence in herself, and someday she begins gaining confidence and one year later she appears as an Aries in her overall way of being.
June 29, 2022 at 15:28
(Leo) Anna239 » Kélian
Right, and so you think that this is more applicable as opposed to the idea of learning to master a aspect of yourself fully (sun or ascendant)

Though I do generally agree, most people have “something” they need to get past (or multiple things :61:)

There are parts of ourselves that we can more or less take for granted and for others in a way we are concealed by these negative experiences

I agree that conditioning is also a problem

What aspects would you say are generally difficult enough to be considered afflicted? Or just any involving potent planets in hard aspects
June 29, 2022 at 16:13
(Libra) Kélian » Anna239
What aspects ? There´s too many to count ^^ But i think it´s safe to say that generally speaking, hard aspects from Malefics (especially Saturn in a night chart and Mars in a day chart) to personal planets, and especially to the Sun, Moon or the Ascendant, can create big problems for the person.

But the whole chart is to be considered, sign placements, houses...etc
June 29, 2022 at 19:20
(Leo) tomdos
I have spent quite some time contemplating similar question.

In my current opinion, Sun is the basic layout, the defining energy, the course best followed in our lives. ASC is our modus operandi, the way we behave and deal with the world. From psychological point of view, it is our persona, acquired or developed personality, the mask, sometimes the sword and the shield. It can easily overshadow our Sun´s importance and influence. In my opinion, we ought to process our ASC so that it does not define us but obeys the course of life set and expected by the natal Sun energy. In other words, it should be a tool, not a master. However, more often that not it is the letter.

On a side note, I personally know two people who have the same ASC and Sun sign and there is very clear and unique cohesion / synergy between who they are and how they behave. No clash between Sun and ASC. This is what I have in mind. We generally tend to be identified with our ASC, while who we are (or rather should be due to our Sun sign) is just a subconscious, downgraded layer of our existence. This can lead to all sorts of tension, urges and problems. We should act on who we are, not become an actor of a life role.

So to answer your question, as we get older the Sun energy should be more prominent. However, more often that not, as we age we lose our flexibility and are left with our habitual role even thought it may contradict our Sun´s life path.
June 30, 2022 at 01:27
(Sagittarius) Auldon57 » Anna239
Our Rising Sign not only details for us our physical characteristics, as it influences the size and shape our physical bodies take, but it gives us very deep insight into who we really are. Our inner soul, our inner spiritual nature, if you will, comes forth through our Rising Sign. Knowing something about our Rising Sign can help us better understand ourselves, and our chosen life path.

https://www.llewellyn.com/journal/…

Your soul is indicated by your Rising sign (Ascendant). This is the sign that was rising on the horizon at the time of your birth and, as the dawn of your life, it is considered by soul-centered astrologers to be the most important sign in astrology, precisely because it indicates your soul’s path, purpose and expression...

https://ruthhadikin.com/blog/…

And there is so much more.
June 30, 2022 at 04:36
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Jaided, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
My Virgo ascendant makes no aspects other than that its conjunct Chiron. For me I think in some ways, my Virgo ascendant did show at a young age but at the same time, as I´ve gotten older I´m having to learn how to let go of some Virgo traits I´ve devwloped over the years that really hold me back. Likely for me because of that conjunction.. its an area that needs work. Especially in the 12th house but still close my my 1st. I´ve heard the ascendant can be where we evolve with age but it also represents birth and how we present ourselves. I think with the ascendant it really depends on the aspects. Ascendant is supposed to partially be how others see us but with a bunch of aspects or close conjunctions with other placements it would be harder to see .
June 30, 2022 at 08:47
(Leo) Anna239 » Kélian
Yeah there are the obvious ones, which would appear to hurt the most, or combined aspects which could unravel someone’s life.
Though things to counteract those aspects I’m sure.

Though as another additional thought to answer the question, they say that good aspects can turn bad if it makes a person too complacent
Maybe combined with the explicitly bad influences someone may not be inclined to improve their situation or manifest fully
June 30, 2022 at 08:53
(Leo) Anna239 » Auldon57
In a way this makes sense, because as I prefaced this question saying that it’s (the ascendant or sun) something that we need to earn, which implies a direction or a ideal

And sure we may not always manifest it due to other circumstances but it doesn’t leave you, and I don’t think it’s as arbitrary as most other people seem to like to think.
Also hence since it governs the rest of our chart

Although their is also the mc

Then there is the further question of if the ascendant or sun is more reflective of the personality
June 30, 2022 at 09:02
(Leo) Anna239 » tomdos
Right, because I definitely feel both, but maybe relate to what you say about the ascendant attempting to direct as it know how to.

But is it the ultimate direction? Well also there’s the nn and mc too :43:

There is a obvious distinction of who we are vs who others see us, sure.

I don’t think that my sun clashes too strongly with my asc actually, as they have shared desires I think, but then I can certainly imagine how it does for people with very opposite sun/asc.

It may be the moon that gets in the way often however? As that’s the instincts we are born with. The hidden side

I see the sun as a ideal, whether that’s a social position or state of being, something that is the most important to us that we end up gravitating towards. Similar to Jupiter
June 30, 2022 at 15:08
(Taurus) nutelina » Anna239
Saturn likes Virgo
June 30, 2022 at 18:52
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » MaryJos
System message: Post has been written by user Nos sonhadores, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
you don t "change" your ASC ... thats not how astrology works ! ... sorry...it must have more to do with the general breakdown we all experience right now .... or watch your current transits ... what they mean , if it fits that etc... it´s not unusual that peole change their style throughout their lifetime ! ever heard the term "people change every 7 years" ?
July 1, 2022 at 00:33
(Taurus) MaryJos » Nos sonhadores
👍 I understand that we dont chage, ee evolve and our chart progresses. Maybe was a simple coincidence. :))

About the 7 years... in fact i heard
that we change... but in Portugal we change parttene´s ahah 7...14...21 crises etc.
Tnks
July 3, 2022 at 16:59
(Leo) Anna239 » Jaided
Oh, and do you think that having only that one aspect it has been easier for you to manifest your ascendant?

What sign do you have Mercury in?
July 4, 2022 at 02:57
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user B.Divine, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Tbh I’ve heard that too.
It’s insane because all of these years I have a lot of Gemini traits that shined out (gem sun). Then when I turned 20, I started to notice I’ve gotten much more intense and hungry for power….
Once I found out my ascendant was scorpio, i was having a panic attack…. Loll like pls not scorpio. 😭
But now I see most of my scorpio rising traits. Hence the intense energy.
Also I wear a lot of black clothes. It became much worse after 2017. Rotfl
July 5, 2022 at 14:02
(Leo) tomdos » Anna239
I simplified the answer because of your question, which was Sun vs ascendant.

Otherwise, I agree that the issue is more complex and the chart needs to be seen in its fullness and wholeness. That is something I believe we can never achieve because first - our brains are not capable of combining and fusing all the information into one meaningful full picture, and second - the information we have are far from complete. I even think we are missing some important aspects of astrology that got lost in the ancient history.

Anyways, natal chart is all about tendencies. Some are more important than the others, alone or combined. The Earth is part of a solar system, so Sun should always prevail in importance and "soul mission". Sun is the way of life, ASC is the basic means of acting in life. Moon can be sort of a middle man, just like you write - the hidden side, reflected light, the uncontrolled subconscious tendencies than influence (and possibly confuse, because it is Sun´s reflection, distorted light) our actions. However, ultimately all of the natal chart has the same goal - individuation, growth of a person. Other tendencies can add up, multiply or contradict, creating a unique picture and life. I just feel that when we are not sure about our course of life, we should first check the superior, which is the Sun, and probably pay him more attention at the cost of others (like Ascendant).
July 9, 2022 at 02:08
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
I think Sun sign.

Though that is based solely on myself, my family and longtime friends I have known.
July 23, 2022 at 14:11
(Leo) Anna239 » tomdos
Yeah, I think that I pretty much agree with all of this.

There’s a lot to be said for the idea of how each person has innate instincts, that can be a complicated question however.

And it seems that we are not born in a day,

I suppose in some level we have to choose to evolve or not
Which I actually think just means becoming ourselves, achieving some kind of balance and not suppressing who we want to be, even if there are multiple aspects in contradiction
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »