What makes you Convinced of astrology?

July 5, 2021 at 12:59 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Veri935
What makes you Convinced of astrology?
And what background did you come from before considering it/being shocked by it’s apparent veracity/universal truths?

/do you believe in anything else as well? (If so do you find that astrology supports that belief?)

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
July 22, 2021 at 10:18
(Capricorn) stellium12
I did not think about astrology until my second Saturn return. I knew something was going on in a change in attitude and stumbled upon astrology. When I began studying it, it explained a lot of things. As an engineer and manager, everything was very factual. If I mention astrology, people I know don´t believe I would have any interest in it.
July 22, 2021 at 20:01
(Taurus) Rosincvist
I dwell in the mountains and I stared up into the darkest parts of the sky with binoculars until I became an irretrievable Space-Case! The standard male P.O.V. is that what is up there is supposed to inspire feelings of cold futile isolated-ness which has it´s own little space of validity!
I kept automatically looking to Galactic Center after looking automatically to the Pleiades, strange synchronicity! :78:
July 24, 2021 at 07:50
(Aquarius) viv » 1janos
do you advertise astrological consultations as part of your psycho-therapeutic work? I considering this atm
July 24, 2021 at 08:10
(Aquarius) viv » astreo
The mainstream "scientific practitioner" model of Clinical Psychology focuses on changing thinking and behaviour to reach defined goals and has been taught in universities from the seventies. It tries to distinguish itself from Humanistic psychology and the parallel streams of Jungian psychotherapy, Freudian psychotherapy and Assagioli´s psychosynthesis, all of which deal with the unconscious. (So does Stanislav Grof´s trans personal work which deals with peri-natal experiences but this has been almost entirely ignored by the mainstream.)

My training has spanned a lot of theories with a main emphasis on a post Jungian modality called Process Oriented Psychology developed by Arny Mindell. The whole idea that the "unconscious" is a vast resource rather than only a dustbin of repressed drives and memories gives much more scope to psychology and psychotherapy than the results driven methods of Clinical Psychology. That being said some of those techniques are useful but, to my way of thinking need to be used within a much bigger conceptual framework.

Astrology is for me, a way of mapping and unfolding the interaction of planetary energies which really seem to me to be what Jungian psychotherapy calls "complexes," Psycho-synthesis describes as "sub personalities," and Process Work describes as "dream figures."

How what we bring with us, e.g. the birth chart, unfolds in a person´s biography is of great interest to me. Every time I read the latest chapter on nature versus nurture I want to add, yes, and what about individuality, karma and spiritual intent!?
July 24, 2021 at 19:01
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » stellium12
"As an engineer and manager, everything was very factual. If I mention astrology, people I know don´t believe I would have any interest in it."

It is the same with me. I come across as a person who is very fact-oriented. Which is very true. Therefore, people who know me are a bit confused and surprised when they hear me talk about astrology.
July 24, 2021 at 20:26
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user SerenityNow, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Several years ago, a friend explicitly describe my other friend whose she knows nothing about, only by his birth chart. Then I take it more seriously but not much.

However, when Turkish astrologers predict the pandemic (it´s not the suprise) and the major effect on our lives such as working habits, education, consumption, mobilization, health, science and so on, I had to research what is going on. Here I am.
July 25, 2021 at 01:58
(Capricorn) stellium12 » (dragonfly)
Do you talk to anyone outside of known astrologers about the subject.
July 25, 2021 at 02:43
(Virgo) yourshawty
I never really felt or behaved like a virgo and I’m totally In love with fire signs / fire dominant people

when I saw my whole chart everything made much more sense & since I have no plan what to do with my life it’s a good tool to find out what are my strengths/weaknesses, what my life purpose is etc
July 25, 2021 at 03:39
(Aquarius) viv » ZynCitrus
Agree learn and test and check for feedback
July 25, 2021 at 18:19
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » stellium12
I talk to my friends, but some are a little scared by the fact that so much can be read about a person´s life from the position of the planets. They don´t want to explore the topic. My best friend gave me her kids´ exact birth times and then said she didn´t want to know anything.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »