are synastry like transits?

January 14, 2021 at 07:50 (UT/GMT)
(Sagittarius) jaderosez
are synastry like transits?
Are people like transits? I hear astrologers say that a lot. So what would you say after looking at synastry in your life and how it impacted you?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 14, 2021 at 08:45
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
I find when the :116: transits the Sun-sign of whomever! that the person or persons stay longer on the mind. So right now ` :181:´ites like H.R. Giger the Occultish Artist comes to mind even though for this the third decade of the millennium he is technically deader than a door-nail! His Astrological sibling director George A. Romero lasted a little longer as someone freezing a moment in time, saying they will "go away" is of the nature of a transit, because even Eris, Sedna, Haumea, Makemake make temporary transits even though they are off moving very slow in the frigid vacuum of the Kuiper Belt!
January 14, 2021 at 09:11
(Virgo) Devin11
Pretty much. People are like walking mini-solar systems.

Look at progressed charts too (secondary progressions). They can show how people grow together and grow apart as they evolve and change.
January 14, 2021 at 09:33
(Virgo) LotusStar
Yes, I think this is pretty accurate and helpful way to understand.

Not as literal because you´re still dealing with a human with an ascendant and distinct personality and how their planets are aspected in their own chart but still a good start.

For example, I had a roommate once who had their Mars in my 2nd house of money and possessions, and it badly aspected my chart... if I had known astrology better back then I would have never roomed with them :61:

They were always trying to get me to spend my money (my 2nd house) on things for the house that we didn´t really need but they desired (their Mars) like more expensive furniture that I simply couldn´t afford... they could have afforded it on their own and bought it but instead they would be pushy (Mars) for me to spend on it too and split the cost because we lived together. Also, they would deal roughly (Mars) with my stuff (2nd) and broke a few of my things by accident (their Mars is conjunct Uranus and they were accident prone/clumsy), and would also eat my food (2nd house/taurus) without asking sometimes. You can´t make this up.... I was pretty laid back about a lot of it because my 2d house is ruled by Sagittarius, but I do have my Saturn there, so it was still irritating for sure.

If you intend to live with someone... it would be good to check if your 4th houses and 2nd houses are compatible and what planets they are dumping in those house... because they bring their energy of that planet (and how it´s aspected in their natal) to your house matters and planets. The same concept pretty much applies for every house and planet.
January 14, 2021 at 15:12
(Sagittarius) jaderosez » LotusStar
I ask this question because:

1) A friend with their sun in my 7th -my ex came back who has his asc on my 7th house

2) Another guy came into my life who has many planets in my 12th and I found out many secrets

2) Anyone I have moon-pluto with -composite and otherwise -Everything will come to the surface eventually. It just will. Circumstances are such that that is bound to happen.
January 14, 2021 at 15:59
(Capricorn) dreamtripp
Sorry, but I disagree here.

Synastry is not at all like a transit.

Synastry is only useful to compare how two people go about their lives, and how they MAY possibly interact.

Transit are showing your personal "Weather Report" - ie, what´s going on in your environment.

Both elements contain Free Will choices, and that is being ignored.

You can CHOOSE to compromise or contend with a person. That is the Free will aspect of synastry.

You can CHOOSE to prepare and adjust to a transit, or you can forge ahead, ignoring it´s meaning and possibilities. That is the Free Will aspect of transits.

I´ve NEVER heard any well-respected Astrologer say people are like transits. However, unenlightened Astrologers might say a transit will "predict" a certain person coming into your life, which is complete hogwash. A transit MAY predict elements triggered by interpersonal relationship, but they NEVER specify a particular person and certainly NEVER predict how you CHOOSE to interact them. That is UNKNOWABLE, because you have free will and can change the dynamic with your choices.

For example, you have a Pluto square Venus transit, and meet a person who synastrically triggers your Venus, or they themselves have a triggering Pluto transit.. You both have a choice to interact or not, and how to outerwardly express the Transit. One person may choose to engage in a torrid or unrequited love dynamic, or alternatively choose NOT to engage and run in the opposite direction. I have seen people with a particular transit not engage with one person only to find another person, with similar traits, appear as a replacement. So it was not about the specific person, but rather the DYNAMIC and how we CHOOSE to operate within it.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Full Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »