Asteroid Nessus

January 3, 2021 at 10:54 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Green Garden, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Asteroid Nessus
Hi e-folks,quick question what could Nessus conjunct North Node in synastry mean?

I am not yet good enough trained with interpretations and kinda lost here.
Thanks.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
January 3, 2021 at 19:03
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
This from "Christian Psychic" https://mychristianpsychic.com/jour…

"Nessus Conjunct the North Node

The North Node tells us about themes in the relationship. You do not want a Nessus theme. Nessus is the asteroid of abuse.

4. Nessus Conjunct the North Node

The North Node is the theme of one’s life. If a person BRINGS a planet or asteroid to the North Node person, the planet or asteroid becomes a theme of the relationship.Hence, please look carefully at that which conjuncts the North Node in synastry. I have an article on the North Node in Synastry. I will link it at the end."
:15:
January 3, 2021 at 19:18
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Fool
System message: Post has been written by user Green Garden, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Oiii, sounds bad.
January 3, 2021 at 21:05
(Virgo) LotusStar » Fool
Great explanation thank you :)
January 3, 2021 at 21:35
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Where do you find Nessus? I mean, what software calculates it? Solar Fire doesn´t have this asteroid. I don´t see it on AstroSeek.
January 3, 2021 at 21:36
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Green Garden
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Maybe it´s time for a Nessus thread (and all known asteroids that may indicate abuse) if anyone wants to take that up, I am sure it would prove useful. Yes, don´t test it - "The Christian Psychic" lady is good and the site is very informative. :15:
January 3, 2021 at 21:37
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » JayJayAstrology
=====
yes, please provide the other chart or indicate orb in use :15:
January 3, 2021 at 21:38
=====
astro.com

I hope i don´t break any rules, when i post this.
January 3, 2021 at 21:39
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » LotusStar
=====
Christian Psychic Lady´s interpretations - thanks :92:
January 3, 2021 at 21:40
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
You guys give a lot of power to asteroids. There are so many of them! I just feel overwhelmed when start thinking they all might have power. If you give credence to one you have to give credence to all of them. It´s crazy-making.
January 3, 2021 at 21:42
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Green Garden
Thanks. I didn´t know you could calculate asteroids on astro.com. It is a great site.
January 3, 2021 at 21:58
=====
Yes you can. Go to extended graphic selection, scroll down and there is a place where you can tap in the asteroid numbers. Nessus is 7066.
January 3, 2021 at 21:59
=====
I know where you are coming from so many rocks! However flawed the system of research (in a lot of cases its just the internet which should be taken with a grain of the proverbial)but there does seem to be significant correlation between some form of abuse and the placement of Nessus. If such is the case - that abuse is probable, then Astrologers (I´m not one) should be aware of the probability; so that ways of addressing the issue in consultation can be found.

Personally I didn´t hold that much store in them (too many to consider) but just a Fool´s look at Thalia (I declare that it works in aspect with Saturn and maybe depression - other factors, too): suggests there is something there that correlates with various manifestations of humour.

Of course there are far too many to consider other than the usual suspects; any that may be said to be detrimental, though, such as Nessus should be considered. :15: edited
January 3, 2021 at 22:17
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Fool
Yes, but I really wonder - we ALL have Nessus somewhere. If there was a study, I bet you that you or I could have Nessus on the MC and not be a serial killer. So, this kind of thing truly needs study and verification.
January 3, 2021 at 22:23
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Green Garden
Thank you Amananda! Okay. I did it. I have Nessus conjunct my Venus in Taurus, 9th - within 5 degrees. I posted Ted Bundy´s chart with Nessus too - and it is in Taurus, 9th house, 9 degrees from his MC. I posted it in the post where we were talking about Bundy - the kindness post. Here is my chart.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
January 3, 2021 at 22:44
=====
I agree entirely but because of the nature of the issue (I wasn´t thinking in terms of serial killers, though - domestic verbal/ physical/abuse) it would be trickier to get hold of stats (so much goes undeclared). I do know that there are Seekers who have correlations like this, me too. Slaps round the head are abuse but was considered the go to way to bring up kids, circa Fool. Likewise verbal, psychological abuse - "a good talking too" can be as harmful as a slap.

If we imagine that, generational celestial influences manifest and crystallize into culture - you know astrology - then I perceive the asteroid in question to be a tuning fork whose vibration can be picked up anywhere on the chart, which might not manifest as abuse as we are able to discern with our eyes - it may not indicate that at all. Strong placements and aspects, as always, need to be studied - as ever, more data is required - if anyone has any positive manifestations they attribute to Nessus let´s hear about them.

State again that a few more asteroid threads are required (we got silly with the dark ones but no one took them seriously in the manner you may think); I´ll get back to Thalia at some point, hopefully. :98:
January 3, 2021 at 22:46
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » JayJayAstrology
Of course, we would never predict an abuser, right? I would never do that no matter where Nessus is. Too bad all my studies are on Solar Fire. I can´t add Nessus to all the charts I have.
January 3, 2021 at 22:46
=====
those are wide orbs, are they not? 9 degrees to the MC? 5 degrees may be too much, also. Have generally been using 3degrees for the widest orb.
January 3, 2021 at 22:49
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Fool
Yes. Too wide. You know, I just don´t buy it. People are going to respond differently to Nessus just as as they do to any planet, point or body. I would never not get to know someone just because they have Nessus on my North Node or if mine was conjunct someone´s north node.
January 3, 2021 at 23:05
=====
no, not predict one - certainly not - but be aware of a possible victim scenario
in a synastry consultation.

It is so wild an woolly you can attribute just about anything to any rock if we don´t understand the chart enough, I guess and caution as always, when delivering your counsel. I just think certain ones should be considered re synastry. I am sure your interpretations don´t need asteroids terps, too - they are the most insightful that appear on the site and are always welcome.

I wouldn´t bother with Asteroid terps personally for my chart unless it is making a contact. Got a heavy Pluto with Lillith/s, Sado and something else I can´t recall - but I can attribute all their supposed manifestations to Pluto, anyway.

You seem to have a twinkle in your eye, today - more so, I should say. :4:
January 3, 2021 at 23:18
=====
there´s the rub (for me :3:) if I had everyone´s chart and was able to parse them at the time, I´d still be a sweet virgin (in all ways).

edit
There may also be the possibility that ´abuse´ manifests from Nessus only when in aspect to the Moon or Venus, perhaps or an angle.
January 4, 2021 at 00:35
(Virgo) LotusStar
I could be wrong but I believe Nessus can show an abuser or an abused...

I have Nessus conjunct Mars (wide) and was abused, but also have other markers. Someone who also has Nessus conjunct Mars in Cancer, and much tighter, he says he´s neither abused or been abused...

Have seen Nessus on the ascendant with an abusive/bully personality. Also had Mars conjunct Saturn square the Moon though, I don´t know. Hard to pin down on one aspect.

Maybe this can show abuse if the chart has other tendencies towards it too.
January 4, 2021 at 03:38
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild
A few things to keep in mind:
- First and foremost, as has been pointed out already in this thread, there are many, many asteroids. Most of them were discovered relatively recently, and their roles in astrology are still being studied and heavily debated.
- Even if we accept the theme of abuse as being true for Nessus, everyone has Nessus somewhere in their charts, just as every one of us has both tendencies and susceptibility toward different types of abuse.
- Aspects and other chart factors must always be taken into consideration. Even a strongly aspected Nessus does not necessarily indicate a chronic abuser. Trust your own instincts and judgment above the conjecture and generalizations of an astrology website.
- In regard to astrology websites, many of these tend to over-sensationalize various chart factors, especially newer ones like these asteroids. For example, New Age astrology has turned Black Moon Lilith into some kind of feminist symbol, despite the fact that the astrological role of this point is still heavily debated. This sensationalism serves a similar purpose as clickbait, meaning that it is geared toward generating interest and, thereby, revenue. MyChristianPsychic is especially prone to this tendency, and I personally do not consider that site to be a trustworthy resource.

In regard to Nessus itself, whose role I will reiterate is still unconfirmed and a subject for debate: I once read an article, I can´t remember where, written by an astrologer who had conducted his own case studies for Nessus. He, like many others, kept the themes of abuse in mind when doing so, and discovered quite a few consistencies with this theme as they resonated with various clients. The part that stuck out to me in this article: One of his clients (or it might have been someone associated with one of his clients, I don´t remember) was a man who had a history of committing abuse and, if I remember correctly, had faced legal consequences for it. This man, however, did not consider himself to be abusive; in true narcissistic fashion, he blamed his victim(s) and considered himself justified in his actions. The thing is, according to this article, that this man had absolutely no aspects between Nessus and his personal planets or any significant points. Based on this, the author suggested that perhaps Nessus doesn´t show only where abuse actually happens -- but that it can also show where and how we become *aware* of both our own abusive tendencies and our susceptibility to abuse from others. Awareness, to me, is key in exploring these (possible) themes of Nessus. I´ll restate what I said above: trust your instincts and use your own judgment.

For all of these reasons, I do not feel that Nessus in any chart should be sensationalized as this super-scary monstrous red flag (the like of which would rope many people into dumping their cash on relationship readings). Again, other factors should be considered, and your own faculties will usually serve you better than the notions of some dotty New Age astrologer. We don´t know much about Nessus energies, and even if we accept the themes of abuse as accurate, there are many ways those energies can manifest. Consider, for example, a strong Nessus-conjunct-Midheaven in Libra; this person might be someone who works in the justice system on behalf of victims of domestic violence. Consider, also, a synastry connection between, for example, one person´s Nessus connected to the other´s Moon; while this could indicate an emotionally abusive relationship (I personally would look to hard aspects with Mars and Pluto first), it could also indicate a relationship where one person helps the other to realize how they´ve been emotionally abused in the past, thus initiating a healing process.
And I present these examples with a disclaimer: just like the interpretations from your favorite flashy, colorful astrology websites, these are nothing more than conjecture. Consider them all if you wish, but at the end of the day: Use. Your. Head.
January 4, 2021 at 09:12
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » JayJayAstrology
Serennu Asteroid Ephemeris has ALL the Centaurs and that includes Hidalgo the one Centaur with a Spanish name! Just as the near asteroids involve :154:-crossers and Earth-crossers the far asteroids involve :157:-crossers and :199:erschel-crossers.
Seeing what is at the same declination at the same time expands Astrology into the greater height element of geometry!
January 4, 2021 at 12:07
(Pisces) fishscales » JayJayAstrology
"There are so many of them! I just feel overwhelmed when start thinking they all might have power. If you give credence to one you have to give credence to all of them. It´s crazy-making."

It isn´t so bad if you only use asteroid conjunctions to planets, major points, etc...although I´m sure there alot of those in any given chart too. Personally, I don´t bother with any other aspect but the conjunction when it comes to asteroids.

I´ve found them insightful and useful in a way that adds depth, color, and nuance to the chart, even if it´s sometimes in a very minor, insignificant, or unimportant way.

For instance, I´ve always been a big Star Trek fan, especially as a kid, and my favorite character was Spock.

Lo and behold, the asteroid Mr Spock (yes, such an asteroid exists!) is conjunct my natal sun.

This is obviously not a major or important factor in delineating my chart, but I do find it to be an interesting "coincidence".

Of course, I´ve also noted their influence in what you would call more "important" situations...the Spock thing was more of a fun kind of example...
January 4, 2021 at 14:02
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » LotusStar
Agreed. That is the "thing". I don´t think you can read an asteroid without first reading the chart planets and understanding the whole chart. Perhaps then, the asteroid will affirm something or add something of value. I´m not even sure that this is true yet as I have to validate everything in a number of charts before I absolutely believe something is true.

I´ve played around with the most popular asteroids - Ceres, Vesta, etc. but they didn´t speak to me - I did not feel they added understanding to my own chart. However, I prefer to keep an open mind and I will not say they have no value just because I personally haven´t seen value yet. I do use Chiron (now a minor planet) and think it is entirely valid. It definitely adds to my insight when doing charts, so I use it. I´m more likely to explore the world of minor planets for astrology . . . but I haven´t don´t that yet.

I think some people lean on asteroids because they aren´t good at reading a chart without them. And this is a mistake. I do know professional astrologers I respect who use them and feel they add value to their readings . . . we all have to decide for ourselves. But I do think they are add-ons - ornaments, so to speak.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »