Dangers of Astrology

December 16, 2020 at 18:36 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user AIP, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Dangers of Astrology

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
December 16, 2020 at 18:50
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I agree with it from what I´ve seen the last 12 years. I think it also gets disguised in the Spiritual Communities with vocabulary words, and it many people don´t realized where it´s coming from. We have too many people focused on the Abstract right now and they´re is a time to come down to earth and face reality of what we´ve been conditioning the masculine and feminine to believe the last 12 years and impact it has on people´s psychological health and relationships in general.
December 16, 2020 at 19:43
(Aries) ram_goat » goldenlion32
We have too many people focused on the Abstract right now and they´re is a time to come down to earth and face reality

True dat..
December 16, 2020 at 19:46
(Aries) Wolfmoon
Excellent article :15:

"Danger #5: Mistaking the Map for Reality"

This. Its a map. A guide. Life will happen whether you try to fight it or not. Chart your life by it, sure. Live your life by it? You´re going to do far less living than you´d have liked. You´ll have missed opportunities that could´ve bought in astounding life changes because "Their neptune squares my mars which aspects my moon so F that. Rest of the chart looks great but no"

Life is an adventure. Life is risk. Life is growth. Life is the journey. You could be the world´s greatest Astrologist. You still don´t know what will happen tomorrow.
December 16, 2020 at 20:02
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » Wolfmoon
Ha ha...apparently today was arguing with some woman in California who think she knows everything. :61:
December 17, 2020 at 00:24
(Virgo) LotusStar
Good article and I agree, after 5 years I came to similar conclusions and realized it´s better to mostly just use it as an observation tool. Too much and you start overthinking and overanalyzing, trying to control too many outcomes. I try to take it less seriously now.
December 17, 2020 at 00:52
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
That article nails it. It applies to any idea or philosophy.

It is easy to become obsessed with a concept and begin to see it everywhere and in everything.

The rise of social media has made this even worse because people live in echo chambers without any challenge to their idea-obsession .

I’m sticking to my philosophy of wake up, do stuff, go to bed, repeat.

I think that will keep me moving.
December 18, 2020 at 11:52
(Aries) alphagemini
The article makes sense. Much the same could be said of religion. Don´t take Astrology too seriously. Many of the accepted ideas have been examined exhaustively and simply do not work. A good read to find the real stuff is Geoffrey Dean´s Recent advances in Natal Astrology. The work of Gauquelin based on computer analysis is very good too.
December 18, 2020 at 13:14
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Travelguy35, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Everything has inherent dangers to varying degrees.
December 20, 2020 at 05:19
(Cancer) AlsaceTX
Here´s one for you new astrologers. I´ve certainly learned this. How many of you have had this experience:

Be excited about how incredible astrology is.
Zomg where has this been all my life.
What to share with friends / family.
Skeptical friend says "meh whatever"
No really you say! I´ll show you, I´ll look at your chart.
Friend agrees and provides birth info.
Do quick cold read of their chart in 10 minutes
Turn to friend:

They look at you nervously. They aren´t ready and are very uncomfortable. They soothe themselves with thoughts that you have known them a long time and are very intuitive.

OR better yet. (my partner learned this one the hard way)
Proudly telling her friend of my new astrology talents.
Get message "Will you look over my friends chart?" Gives me digits.
I send 10 minutes of voice notes to her and she forwards to her friend.
Friend is downright frightened and horrified.
Some strange ´Murican 1/2 a world away just plumbed the depths of her soul in 15 minutes using nothing more than an address, a date and a timestamp.

Remember how powerful this is and to meet others where they are. Let them seek as you did and find when they are ready. (noting to myself always)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »