Rahu/Ketu conjunct planets

December 8, 2020 at 20:22 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) rohini moon
Rahu/Ketu conjunct planets

I was having this talk with someone and I thought, why not run it by some of you fine folks. Do you (or anyone close to you) have Rahu - the North Node - and/or - Ketu - the South Node - together conjunct other planets? some have either one of the nodes conjunct other planets. But what about the both of them, as well? I have both of them conjunct planets. Mars and Ketu are both on my ascendant, and the Moon and Rahu together. This is rather fascinating to me as the nodes are pretty critical in our lives here on earth, they are the reason we reincarnated again, notably. But aside from that, I have found that people who have Rahu and / or Ketu conjoined other planets - are always pretty staunch in their most solid beliefs. They stick to what they believe, always.

I couldn´t help but notice some of the most courageous people have this alignment. One of them was a Gulag survivor from WW2. One of the only few men who made it out alive. He was Polish and taken in by the Russians (his book was fantastic, and one I would actually recommend people read nowadays) and survived a few years in a horrifying soviet Gulag camp. One of the very few who did live to tell the tale. Tough as nails, that man was. Anyway I remember after I read his book years ago, I looked into his chart, and he too had Mars conj. Ketu. Unfortunately, I don´t know his ascendant as to see what house they fall in.

I also know of a real life example of a person who up and left their homeland in an act of courage, left it all behind to start anew somewhere else. Takes bravery and courage to stick to what you believe, no matter what. I can name others, but I´d be here all day, but the common denominator I noticed in all of this was - All of these people have Rahu and Ketu -one or both- conjunct planets. Karmic destiny to be set in your ways, good or bad - perhaps, but also a certain bravery not seen much in today´s world.

Some food for thought and a different angle to view the nodes conjunct other planets in your chart. Another observation, I´ve noticed in my real life, folks who tend to have the nodes conjunct other planets also get along and see eye to eye with others who also share that same alignment. Usually or especially, when it´s comes to Rahu-Moons. I would venture to guess that would be the same for people who are Rahu-Suns or Ketu-Moons.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3
Sort posts:
December 8, 2020 at 21:08
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Cynicaphy, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Both of my half-brothers have Moon-Rahu. We have the same dad, but they have a different mom from me. I´ve heard that Moon-Rahu can be quite great for dealing with the public.

I have Venus-Ketu in Libra-Vishaka, and my close friend has Mars-Ketu in Aries-Krittika. We both have Ketu in the 2nd House and are both alienated from our families in some fashion. I was born loving art and music. My friend with Mars-Ketu was born with a six-pack. XD

The things conjunct Ketu or are related to the sign and house of Ketu almost seem to come naturally to us. If past lives are real, we have brought those interests and talents from past lives. My friend and I spent a while talking about this. I may have been involved with some sort of manipulative people in a past life, so I now have a knack for dealing with people/psychology. Maybe I was a courtesan or something.

My friend may have been a fighter of some sort.

Interestingly, we both have these planets conjunct Ketu as our AtmaKarakas (soul significator/planet with highest degree). My Venus is at 29° Libra and friend´s Mars is at 26° Aries.

Some astrologers say that we must completely let go of Ketu and go towards Rahu, but it´s not really possible to activate one without the other. And if they are right, how do I even start to let go of the qualities of my AtmaKaraka?
December 8, 2020 at 21:13
(Taurus) IntoTheVoid
North node conjunct Pluto in the 1st, in opposition to Venus conjunct south node in the 7th...
Relationships, dominating manipulative partners, a need to solve my own problems by looking inward and letting go of old habits, a feeling of never having ´enough´ love, feeling ´too´ passionate, the desire to get married and recluse, the need for deep connections and they define my life
December 8, 2020 at 21:42
(Virgo) rohini moon » Cynicaphy
Letting go of Ketu is quite a feat because it is what we all know best. And for me it´s on my ascendant.. In close degrees, I might add, my ascendant is at 7° 13´ 51" and Ketu is at 7 5´ 7 - so a tight conjunction there. Mars is at 24 degrees. So not very close, but still there none the less. I actually was re-reading an old article that said there is only 1% of the population born with Ketu conjunct the ascendant lord, like I have. You can have it in your first house, but to have it conjunct the asc lord they claim is rare. Supposed to mean, one way or the other, in my lifetime, I will probably wind up being an ascetic. Whether I like it or not.. Ketu dissolves.

An article - ´You want to know the truth of everything and you will work hard albeit in a disinterested manner to uncover it. Lies and falsehood will not be tolerated and if you have friends/family who lie to you, you will snap ties with them in an instant. You need fairness and justice in life. You like solving puzzles of every type, the mind likes finding solutions. If you get an idea, you stick to it, and it is generally correct, and you cannot be reasoned with. You have very strong likes and dislikes somtimes erratic and unpredictable. You might seem to be short-tempered, cruel and insensitive to others, but this is Ketu’s typical disinterest at work, you are not interested in them. Impulsiveness and intensity exists which comes from deep within your psyche and it is linked to the activities from your past lives. You are capable of staying alone in solitude for ages. You are required to assimilate the lessons you have learnt from your past into your present, only then can you move ahead into the future. If Ketu can attach you to these past things then he himself is the force who can detach you from them in one sharp clean cut. He is the fog himself and will make you cut through his haze. Ketu is your deepest learnings from your past lives often associated with painful lessons. You will want to extract the least bit of information from these, and this process gives you tremendous pain on the emotional/ inner levels. But you are essentially indifferent to your self, so you go through this pain without any issue."

Ah, another interesting topic, yes, My atmakaraka is Venus - and my Darakaraka is the Sun. This topic is also very intriguing, because the Darakaraka holds true, so very true. I will always have a partner exactly like the Sun. Not very sympathetic to ones emotions or how they feel, but just does what´s expected of them, takes care of things, a provider. But not so much of a nurturer.
December 8, 2020 at 22:08
(Virgo) rohini moon » IntoTheVoid
Venus conj Ketu would give a sense of detachment in relationships, just as your describing. But I already know your D9 chart and Ketu isn´t going to not give you a partner, quite the contrary. You got a lot to look forward too, void. :15: may not seem like it right now, but after the storm comes the Sun :27:

Check out this article, void, he´s good. https://www.astrosaxena.com/vekecon…
December 8, 2020 at 22:30
That article is for you too, cyn. :15:
December 8, 2020 at 23:24
(Aries) Wolfmoon
"I have found that people who have Rahu and / or Ketu conjoined other planets - are always pretty staunch in their most solid beliefs. They stick to what they believe, always"

Well you know me well enough... my Sun in conj my NN and my IC. Exact to the IC, NN 2" separated from my sun
December 8, 2020 at 23:46
(Virgo) rohini moon » Wolfmoon
Yeah I can see it with you, one of the people I mentioned in my initial post is also a Rahu-Sun.

Rahu - Suns and Rahu - Moons also see eye to eye definitely in matters concerning pride, beliefs. What I mean by pride also, is in the way of not going-along to get-along, when someone is wrong, they´re wrong, they wont be accommodating and give up their personal value system for some convenience. tough nuts to crack.
December 9, 2020 at 00:04
(Taurus) IntoTheVoid » rohini moon
Thanks Rohini
December 9, 2020 at 00:20
(Virgo) Etherealmind
Thank you for this interesting thread !

For my part, I have Moon and Uranus conjunct South Node and Mercury+Venus conjunct my North node :)

I really understand what you mean saying : "the nodes are pretty critical in our lives here on earth, they are the reason we reincarnated again, notably. But aside from that, I have found that people who have Rahu and / or Ketu conjoined other planets - are always pretty staunch in their most solid beliefs. They stick to what they believe, always."
December 9, 2020 at 01:11
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » rohini moon
System message: Post has been written by user Cynicaphy, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Thanks!

My Darakaraka is Sun too! How cool we both have Venus AK Sun DK.

I haven´t dated anyone yet, but one guy I really liked has a Magha stellium in Vedic. My Sun, Mercury, and Mars are in Capricorn 7th house in Navamsa, so I´m sure whoever I date seriously will exhibit very strong Lunar and Saturnian qualities.
December 9, 2020 at 04:38
Exalted Mars though. That part I like. But generally yes, that´s what the Sun as a DK does. They will do everything that has to be done, just don´t expect any "how are you *feeling*?" The Sun isn´t interested in your emotional status. Just doing what needs to be done. :15:
December 9, 2020 at 05:08
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user RowanBun, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
South Indian chart says I have Saturn and Rahu together in the 10th. And Ketu is 3 degrees off my Asc in Ashlesha (Tunnel Snakes Rule <3).
December 9, 2020 at 05:12
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » IntoTheVoid
System message: Post has been written by user RowanBun, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yea I don´t have that placement but I definitely got that same lesson plan :61:
December 9, 2020 at 05:51
(Virgo) rohini moon » RowanBun
I have Saturn and Rahu together

shrapit yoga!
December 9, 2020 at 05:57
=====
We´re gonna dance like Durga and Kali while the world burns around us :61:
December 9, 2020 at 06:12
(Virgo) rohini moon » RowanBun
Aye well, that´s one way of looking at it :61: :15:
December 9, 2020 at 07:45
=====
What´s your take on nakshatra parivartans, Rohini?

I have Sun in Swati exchanging with Rahu in Krittika and Venus in Vishaka exchanging with Jupiter in Purva Phalguni.

I read from this one astrologer that nakshatra parivartans are activated only when the dasas of the planets involved are activated. I don´t know if I feel this is the case.

I think because the two planets may not rule a particular house (like Rahu doesn´t rule a house), it could be that the energies are confined to the functioning of the bodies themselves? Idk.
December 9, 2020 at 15:07
(Pisces) fishscales
I have Rahu conjunct moon, as you do Rohini...
December 9, 2020 at 15:09
(Pisces) fishscales » IntoTheVoid
"North node conjunct Pluto in the 1st"

My son has NN conjunct Pluto, but it´s in the 7th...

Interested...admittledly a little worried...about how it´s going to play out...
December 9, 2020 at 16:01
(Sagittarius) Psyle
There are at least three important axes in a natal chart : the personal ascendant-descendant axis, the karmic nodal axis and the spiritual Sun-Earth axis.

I have all three axes aligned. It creates a very fated life according to Rudhyar, and my past experiences tend to agree with him.

Naturally I tend to stay alone and rest on my laurels with my South Node conjunct Ascendant and Earth. However during the times when life forced me to work towards my North Node, at first I wasn´t that motivated (NN opposed to SN) and yet when I finally did the work it went suprinsingly well (NN conjunct Sun!). Someone else with the same NN told me that it´s much harder for her to acheive it because she doesn´t have the Sun there to help her.
December 9, 2020 at 16:58
(Sagittarius) Psyle
Having planets close to the nodes also means that the transiting nodal axis has a big influence. Its transit through the zodiac deserves more attention.
December 9, 2020 at 17:22
(Virgo) rohini moon » Psyle
Having planets close to the nodes also means that the transiting nodal axis has a big influence. Its transit through the zodiac deserves more attention.

When the nodes are transiting over natal planets, makes a big difference, because that´s where the eclipses will take place. If you have no planets in said house the nodes are transiting through, the effect really won´t be seen, if at all, but when the eclipses fall over planets themselves, it becomes a triggering point.
December 9, 2020 at 17:27
I´ve read that too, the nakshatra exchanges won´t really make a difference unless you´re a under the correct Dasha.

Yeah that´s true, Rahu and Ketu don´t rule any houses, only thing is Rahu is the shadow of Saturn and Ketu is the shadow of Mars. So you liken them both to those planets.

You can take my chart for instance, I have Mars+Ketu conj. On the ascendant - so that could be likened to having a double-Mars.

Shrapit yoga is Rahu+Saturn, that forms the "cursed yog´ because of the fact that Rahu is the shadow of Saturn, so to have a "double-Saturn" would be seen as highly inauspicious.
December 9, 2020 at 18:31
(Virgo) rohini moon » rohini moon
^^^ that also ties into why some Vedic astrologers will tell you that an Aquarius and Scorpio ascendant are viewed as the ascendants both having the most Karmic BackLog. Because scorpio is ruled by Mars / co-ruled by Ketu and Aquarius is ruled by Saturn but co ruled by Rahu. So because the nodes have more to do with both of these ascendants, were to be more ruled by karmic twists of fate.
December 9, 2020 at 18:47
(Sagittarius) Psyle
When the nodes eclipse other planets the effect is even stronger yes, to the point where it´s noticeable. But even nodes transiting empty houses have a subtle background effect. And this effect becomes deeper when the nodes are part of your dominant natal points. When the natal nodal axis is well aspected it makes it more dominant.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »