First impression

December 6, 2020 at 18:15 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Zephyrin
First impression
Hi everyone,

People predict that I´m a Scorpio at first. After they start to know me, they say I´m a Gemini or Libra. My mother says I reflect the characteristics of water element. For a Sagittarius Ascendant like me these are weird. I have not the outgoing nature of Sagittarius, though.

Is it because I have South Node, Vesta and Lilith in Capricorn in 1st house or are there something else? That is a question I have sought answers for a long time.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
December 6, 2020 at 18:28
(Virgo) rohini moon
Hi zephyrin :27:

I think you may be viewed as more "Scorpio" due to your packed 8th house you have. You have Mars, Sun, Rahu and Venus all there. The natural 8th house being Scorpio. This is the most obvious answer to me as to why this is, I only had to glance at your chart to see it. Rahu is very strong at 0 degrees also, while Mars is at 1 degree in Cancer.

Also your Moon in Aswini nakshatra, which gives you a more mysterious nature and active mind ...interests usually in the occult/paranormal studies. With fire signs as your ascendant and moon, you´re a go-getter. I admire that the most in Sagittarius. They say they will do something, they usually, most of time DO it.
December 6, 2020 at 19:01
(Leo) Zephyrin » rohini moon
It is interesting to learn that Sun, Mars, Venus and Rahu in 8th house play a big role in first impression. They have always been trouble for me, their effects are huge both for emotions and life.

"With fire signs as your ascendant and moon, you´re a go-getter. I admire that the most in Sagittarius. They say they will do something, they usually, most of time DO it."

:6: I agree that. Among all that annoying Cancer, Sagittarius gives me courage and saves me at the times when I´m stuck.

Thank you so much for your comment :16:
December 6, 2020 at 19:31
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
It´s a good question.

Not all Sag risings - or Sag any planet - are outgoing. I know it´s a trait Sag can have, but it isn´t always so. Sag is quite mentally-oriented - a thinker - a philosopher - so it can actually be quite introspective.

Your Taurus Moon in the 4th house is an inward placement as well. Sun and Venus in the 8th house - even if in Leo - is an inward house. That´s a lot of inward, reflective-type energy! I agree with your mother about have a water-feel with planets in the water houses.

You have this kind of push-pull theme going on - stated nice with Jupiter in Gemini conjunct Saturn in Taurus. A part of you is loathe to change while the other part is excited to change and grow. Taurus likes things simple, easy and routine. It can be very stubborn about changing ideas, habits or situations. Jupiter hates routine and Gemini is changeable, quick to adapt and very inquisitive.

Likewise - with your nodal axis and the Aquarius-Leo planets, you take responsibility for others and want to care for them, but at the same time, you want to shine and develop yourself - and they are a bit at odds.

You can do it all, but I think you need to prioritize. Pay more attention to yourself and your self-development first. It´s like on an airplane, they tell you to put on the oxygen mask first and then help you child. You need to attend to yourself first and put others on the back burner - and then you can be of greater service to them.

If you feel guilty placing a lot of attention on yourself, just ignore it. It will go away in time. Try hard not to judge yourself - and if you do - tell those thoughts to go away. Even if they keep coming back, challenge them. They too will go away eventually. You just have to be firm.

Put yourself in the company of people who will support your self-development. In the end, this will help you become the healer that is within you. You are very young. Be patient. You will find that you have great leadership qualities, but you need time to heal yourself first.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
December 7, 2020 at 09:17
(Leo) Zephyrin » JayJayAstrology
"You can do it all, but I think you need to prioritize. Pay more attention to yourself and your self-development first."

Yeah, I always face with problems whenever I don´t care myself enough. I love doing something nice for the people I have in life but on the other side, I´m falling apart because that is a one-sided situation most of the time.

I used to look reserved and cold, there was a kind of hate inside me, all including teachers were tired of my stubbornness. I had a kind of enlightenment when my Sag Pluto conjunct with Sag Saturn, 3-4 years ago and then something irreversibly changed in a good way including self-appearance, academic sucess... My judgments to myself decreased, I have been more comfortable about the idea of change since then.

But all these caused more loneliness. I have no idea if it is due to the ominous 2020 but whatever I did to keep my sanity, social life and other things, all efforts were in vain.

Thank you for sparing your time for me :6:
December 7, 2020 at 12:02
(Leo) Anni23
I would say that Leo and cancer combined sometimes seems a bit like Scorpio, because of the mysterious/moody quality of cancer and the assuredness of Leo and because Scorpio may be a water sign but it still has that mars vibe underneath. On top of this you have asc in sag so more fire energy. I would say that this is probably what people can sense

And having your moon in Taurus probably contributes to your having a contained/calm presence
December 7, 2020 at 14:55
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Zephyrin
That is cool - your description of how you changed when the Sag Pluto conjunct Saturn.

Sometimes our efforts can feel in vain if we have specific ideas of what we want but aren´t getting. But from another point of view - one we don´t yet have - we can see the wisdom of how things are.

South Node in Capricorn can feel lonely. Aries IC can also feel lonely. Saturn in 5th can feel lonely and Sun in 8th can feel lonely. Why? Because Capricorn and Aries are the most solitary signs. Aries is super independent and Saturn/Capricorn is singularly focused and solitary by nature. The Sun and Venus in 8th is doing inner work, which is mostly solitary work. Pluto in 12th is in isolated, spiritual territory.

We actually have quite a lot in common in this respect - you´ll see if you look at my chart. When I was your age, I felt very alone. I grew up feeling very alone - and I have had some bouts with depression at different times - especially in my early 30s. But, eventually, I understood that my solitary tendencies actually helped me grow more - because I had to dig into myself and access my spiritual self - rely on it - strengthen it. And that is what happened. Some of us are thrown upon ourselves - Pluto in 12th says this too for you - and I also have Pluto in 12th.

So, you may not be able to change the feeling of loneliness right now, but it will change, I think, as you strengthen your soul connection and feel nourished by it. Sometimes, if we can accept how things are, even if it isn´t comfortable or desirable or even downright miserable - it is less so.
When we expect people to be there for us when they don´t have the capacity, it just makes us feel terrible. It isn´t easy to give up on wanting love or to be seen from our families but some families don´t have the capacity. We just feel disappointed over and over. And eventually we realize we need to put our energy elsewhere. It´s just the way it is sometimes.

I don´t know you or if what I´m saying applies to you, but if it does, I hope it helps. You aren´t alone. Not really. Your Soul is there right with you and the more attention you give it, the more it can give back. There are also many people like you - including me - who did not receive love from their families. Yet, of course, we are all unique. My situation is not EXACTLY like yours or vice versa - but there are people in the world who can understand how you feel - and these are the people you want to have in your inner circle. Just wanting you to feel a bit of encouragement. I know your Taurus Saturn will want it the way it wants it - but eventually - it will learn.
December 7, 2020 at 15:06
(Leo) Zephyrin » Anni23
I agree that Leo/Cancer combination seems like Scorpio. Capricorn Lilith in 1st may also cause, that I guess.

Some assume that I´m flirtatious and unfaithful, maybe here Sagittarius come forward again but an innocent-looking sly Cancer may do that too.

Oh god I´m happy not being a Cancer completely. I probably hate them. :4:
December 7, 2020 at 16:16
"South Node in Capricorn can feel lonely. Aries IC can also feel lonely. Saturn in 5th can feel lonely and Sun in 8th can feel lonely. Why? Because Capricorn and Aries are the most solitary signs. Aries is super independent and Saturn/Capricorn is singularly focused and solitary by nature. The Sun and Venus in 8th is doing inner work, which is mostly solitary work. Pluto in 12th is in isolated, spiritual territory."

You are so accurate. I´ve never been able to manage that painful loneliness but I noticed that I have enjoyed it nowadays, which is impossible normally. Probably because 12th house transits.

Indeed family and friendship are quite important for Saturn and Moon in Taurus. It is even annoying because any tiniest heartbreak from loved ones is enough to make them feel offended.

Sun(8)/Saturn(2) opposite and Capricorn Chiron in 4th are the first ones I noticed in your chart. I associate them with wounds related to father and problematic family relationships, especially when they are in Aries, Capricorn, Taurus and Cancer. I have similar ones in my chart and I can say that all men I knew including my father were total disappointments.

Pluto in 12th house is one of the placements I find distressing. We already feel lonely and depressed since childhood and go through feelings so deeply that we may lose all our hope. I´m sure you sometimes have dreams that come true. However, Leo must be feeling rather overwhelmed by Pluto and 12th house, Mars(8)/Neptune(2) seems dangerous, maybe difficulty in deciding, focusing on daily life, sudden waves of sadness and despair... In your case bouts can be inescapable.

I feel I have to take my Pluto in 12th house serious because it conjuncts with Chiron. Sometimes I pull all the energy when I come to a crowded place and I feel drowsy afterwards. Even if I can not totally figure out why that happens, it may be a manifestation of Chiron/Pluto conjunction. Although the effects are not cool, I try to use that complicated aspect for good purposes like dealing with astrology and art.

:6: :17:
December 7, 2020 at 16:46
Well, I have not had any trouble with Pluto in Leo in 12th. I think it has helped me to transform myself very nicely - giving a nice trine to Mars and Mercury in 8th. I´ve experienced it as a good friend. I don´t relate to your description of how Leo must feel overwhelmed or the Mars-Neptune opposition feeling dangerous with difficulty in deciding, focusing on daily life or sudden waves of despair. I really don´t relate to any of that - possibly because I´ve done much inner work and loved doing it.

I wrote you in such a personal way, because I´m truly a happy person these days. I´m about to turn 70 - but after my 30s - life truly has been quite good and not sad or lonely at all. I used to feel a steady sense of melancholy rather than sudden waves of any sadness as you described - just sad - some underlying steady sadness with a sense of hopelessness that always seemed to be part of me. It is gone now. We can change.

I have actually not had dreams that have ever come true. I´ve had telepathic dreams that happen in real time though. And I´ve been a solid dreamworker since 1980.

I wanted to give you some hope and encouragement that it may not always be this way for you - and that you aren´t alone.
December 7, 2020 at 16:59
"I really don´t relate to any of that - possibly because I´ve done much inner work and loved doing it."

I see, these were just thoughts and I appreciate your help so much. Having gotten rid of the annoyance in your life must be a nice feeling.
December 7, 2020 at 17:41
I can honestly say that I didn´t feel "annoyed" that I felt sad and alone. I kind of took it in stride. I knew it was there, but I also knew it wasn´t all of me. I suppose my Sag Moon gave me a counter-hope and faith that I could change. Of course, I didn´t especially like feeling sad or alone when I wanted and needed love. But, I was able to observe it and not feel like it was all me - like overwhelmed by it. Being able to observe and not be totally in a feeling, helps.

I think Taurus Saturn could feel annoyed just because it doesn´t like to deal with complications. Taurus really loves things to be simple and is loathe to have to dig down and work at emotional stuff. My Saturn is in Virgo and it was happy to investigate my inner world - understand all the details.

But, we´re all different. Even if we had the exact same chart, we would be responding differently to it. Many people struggle with feeling sad, alone, depressed and hopeless. Anti-depressants are the most widely sold drug in America. What we really need to do is honor our feelings - feel them - work through them - and observe them. We need to stand aside and observe and know we are not our feelings. Feelings are just feelings. We are so much more than our feelings.
December 8, 2020 at 11:16
(Leo) Anni23 » Zephyrin
Actually the full extent of this dawned on me recently when I was researching the cusp I was born on- the cusp of oscillation, much of which I think may equally apply to any cancer with mercury in Leo or leo with mercury in cancer. And then I was like ohh oh... this explains a lot :61: although still perhaps we´re less intense and volatile as I know some Scorpios can be

Yeah I have mixed feelings about cancers, and Scorpios and Sagittarius but then they also have been my favourite people too lol. I thibk Leo comparatively is usually a lot more chill and reasonable aswell as open which people don´t realise. It´s the cancer in me which is moody and somewhat brooding.. (though there are much fewer lines that when crossed offend a leo and we will be direct but less blatant)
Yes but with cancer it helps to be subtle and secretive sometimes too when is required..

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »