SATURN DOMINANT PLANET

November 16, 2020 at 10:14 (UT/GMT)
(Sagittarius) Sava23
SATURN DOMINANT PLANET
Hi guys, maybe you can help me..i have saturn in aquarius dominant in my birth chart and i don´t understand why..i am gemini ascendant and my mercury has more aspects than saturn, but netherless it´s not the dominant in my birth chart..can someone help me pls :42:
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
November 16, 2020 at 18:03
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Your :157: has most elevated status being highest in the sky.
Detriment :153: is disposited by :156: which if you are a non-traditionalist is disposited by :160:; A final dispositor!
November 16, 2020 at 19:36
(Sagittarius) Sava23 » IIyyaarr13
thanks for the reply, but can you explain a little better please, not sure I understand
November 16, 2020 at 20:38
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » Sava23
Your Saturn is in the 10th house and what he means highest in the sky, it´s up above at the top of your chart. And has more power in house of Capricorn ruler of that house Saturn already. It the co-ruler over Uranus.

Mercury is in Sagittarius and ruled by Jupiter. Saturn is the King, and Jupiter is the bishop. King of like the Government vs. Religion for example. The Government rules over any church belief pretty much if you do anything illegal. So if your a criminal minister, you still go to jail.

Best way to explain it since Mercury in Sag, you be great salesman but you still have to follow the rules of Saturn in the 10th, so if you sales pitch some fraud scheme and rip people off with your Mercury Saturn will nail you somehow.
November 16, 2020 at 20:45
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » Sava23
Our best informed Traditional Astrologer doesn´t acknowledge any other outer planet than ` :157:´ so having it in traditional rulership would be enough to make it important. You have a mutual reception involving :199: & :157: so there is a gift that keeps on giving!
November 16, 2020 at 20:50
(Cancer) Mrav
it´s also interesting that Saturn sits on top of your chart in his sign and every other planet has conjunction, they are sitting in pairs... only saturn alone :D

How is your career, what do you do??
November 16, 2020 at 21:25
(Sagittarius) Sava23 » Mrav
is that a bad thing? however I currently work as a commercial employee...but I´m not very satisfied, I know I can do more
November 16, 2020 at 21:28
(Cancer) Mrav » Sava23
it is not good or bad it´s just interesting...moon and jupiter is a sign of wealth, mercury and venus is love with a friend or friend as a lover or love for communication ...sun and mars makes sun more aggressive it´s like marl loose little of it´s power so sun can have more...

but it´s unstable? have you worked there for a long time? On one side I think it´s saturn probably long time, but in another it´s in aqua, unstable, restless so changes happen often...
November 16, 2020 at 21:28
(Sagittarius) Sava23 » goldenlion32
luckily I don´t do illegal things, saturn keeps me on the right way
November 16, 2020 at 21:36
no, I wouldn´t say it´s unstable ... I´ve only been working for two years there ... but I´ve changed jobs several times ... what I mean is that I feel I can do more, but i have bad aspects on my MC..
November 16, 2020 at 21:45
(Cancer) Mrav » Sava23
Saturn can be a boss but somehow he will always be a servant... it´s not like having Sun and shine, being king and getting all attention and graces of that... like you can rule over group of people get some status but you will always have bosses above you and work for benefit of the others... but definitely striving to achieve more is saturnian thing, and it pay off, hard work pays off
November 16, 2020 at 21:54
reading the meaning of having saturn dominant I find myself there a lot .. and that´s right, I like hard work, I´m a kind of workaholic..
November 21, 2020 at 09:53
(Aries) Jay Jay
Actually, I don´t buy into this particular dominant planet theory. The planetary strengths and weaknesses (dignity, exaltation, fall, detriment) come from medieval astrology and not all pros use this language or thinking any more. The trend these days is not to see things this way, but AstroSeek is obviously into it. Personally, I think it´s unfortunate. We live in the 21st century!

I agree with you. Mercury is the ruler of your rising and your chart. Even if it is considered "weak" in Sag, it is still the ruler of your rising sign. So, Mercury is important and you´ll see this through experience - how you live your life.

Even in medieval times, astrologers did not consider Mercury to have a fall or detriment - it was neutral. At least that´s what I´ve read in astrology history. But we´ve come along and given it a fall or detriment. We´ve also inherited the idea of good planets and bad planets (friendly or hostile) from very superstitious medieval times. That´s how they thought back then in the 12th - 15th centuries. But, today, we really don´t and shouldn´t. All planets and signs have positive and negative qualities. Jupiter can function just as negatively as Saturn or Mars and vice versa - Mars and Saturn can function very positively. It´s all about how they function in the chart and how we each respond to the energies involved.

Anyway, your Saturn is strong because it is the traditional ruler of Aquarius in the 10th house - Capricorn´s natural house. It´s in dignity and it functions strongly in that sign. But, is it dominant? I haven´t read your chart so I´m not sure how it functions. A "weak" planet (using this thinking) can actually be more beneficial than if it were "strong" - if that is what the person needs. Likewise, a "strong" planet can actually function to make things harder for the person, if the person needs that challenge.

You can only determine these things by reading the whole chart and seeing how the planet actually functions within it. I do believe that some planets have more power than others, but I don´t see this by this old criteria. The Sun, Moon and Rising signs in their respective houses are always at the core of our personality. These will be strong and dominant no matter if the planet is in dignity, exaltation, fall or detriment - friendly, neutral or hostile. I don´t even like writing these words out!

There are many ways for a planet to gain strength and power in a chart. But, in my opinion, not by this criteria. Sorry for the rant.

You´ll all have to decide for yourselves.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do astrology readings, dream interpretation, an mind-body healing by donation and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
November 21, 2020 at 15:43
(Sagittarius) Sava23 » Jay Jay
thanks for the answer, as always never trivial .. I really like how you explain things .. however as regards my mercury I never had the feeling that it´s weak, even if they say it´s falling .. but it is true that I struggle to focus on one thing and i do several things at the same time but by now I´m used to it .. as for saturn, I didn´t understand why it is dominant in my birth chart on the various sites I checked and what was the meaning of this..however I think it´s appropriate to ask someone to do a complete reading of my birth chart, otherwise I will never be able to understand
November 21, 2020 at 15:57
(Aquarius) nikkia » Jay Jay
Ya know, I´ve been thinking the very same thing about astrology and the 21st Century! Being a novice to this art, I try to comprehend the basics - but the concept of planetary dignities has always needled me. Thank you for validating my skepticism.
November 21, 2020 at 17:08
(Aries) Jay Jay » Sava23
Yes. It´s complicated. It takes a long time to understand. If you´ve never had a reading, you should! It will make much more sense after you have a reading from a good astrologer.
November 21, 2020 at 17:12
(Aries) Jay Jay » nikkia
I don´t have a problem with the concept of signs having rulers - dignities - but how they are interpreted. Mars rules Aries and is in dignity. Venus rules Taurus and is in dignity. This I think is true and the concept is sound. It´s also true that Mars does not like Libra so well - because the energies aren´t so harmonious - but it doesn´t have to be bad. It´s the judgment that it is strong and weak, good and bad - that is what is troubling. Part of it is language and semantics - but it is also a conceptual difficulty.
November 21, 2020 at 20:08
(Scorpio) Cynicaphy
From a Vedic standpoint, Saturn rules your 10th house and sits in the 10th in Aquarius. This is called "Sasa Yoga" and, according to many astrologers, will give great status and career.

I also have Saturn in the 10th, and it does make one a workaholic. Prone to being scared of societal judgment and over-thinking one´s mistakes. No matter how good one´s Saturn is - like a Saturn in Aquarius is in its own sign, so it´s supposed to be very good - Saturn will give some restrictions and challenges.

This means you and I, as "Saturn-dominant" people have to learn to not be afraid of putting ourselves out into the world. Don´t limit or over-criticize yourself. Take calculated risks in your career and life, and don´t fear failure.

This placement can take someone very far in life, but it can also cause a great downfall for several reasons. Take a look at Napoleon Bonaparte and Richard Nixon. Both had Saturn in the 10th.

Make sure you do your due diligence and serve those around you - not just yourself. That is what Saturn wants.
November 23, 2020 at 06:43
(Sagittarius) Sava23 » Cynicaphy
i totally agree on the fact of the workaholic, i take my profession very seriously..but it is also true that to achieve something i have to put a lot of efforts without any help..but i´m sure that sooner or later better times will come, I just have to be patient

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »