Asteroid Thalia, Muse of Comedy

November 7, 2020 at 17:26 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Asteroid Thalia, Muse of Comedy
Thalia was the eighth of Nine Muses, bringers of inspiration in classical Greek mythology, the offspring of Zeus and Mnemosyne (“memory”). The couple slept together on nine consecutive nights, and nine months later, the Muses were born, one each on nine consecutive days. Originally undifferentiated, in classical times the Greeks sorted out various areas of special influence among the nine sisters. Thalia, whose name means “joyous” or “blooming”, became the muse of comedy, often depicted with a Mask of Comedy, carrying a shepherd’s staff and crowned with a wreath of ivy, to denote her other area of expertise, pastoral or bucolic poetry.

Asteroid Thalia, a typical Main Belt asteroid orbiting between Mars and Jupiter, was discovered on 15 December 1852 by British astronomer J.R. Hind, at a private observatory in Hyde Park, London. It has an orbital period of approximately four and one-quarter years, and follows a path inclined ten degrees off the ecliptic, the apparent path of the sun about the earth. This inclination, while not outside normal parameters for the asteroid belt, might suggest comedy’s ability to “throw us off,” disarming and defusing tension and reducing the stress of the “rat race” as implied by the frenetic interaction of asteroids along the major plane. (from https://daykeeperjournal.com/2011/…).

So, where is Thalia in your chart? Dani Mae´s "Show Me Your Jupiter" gave me the idea for this thread. If we agree that :151: :152: :153: :154: :156: - can reflect/project humor, where is the asteroid in relation to these planets. Do you have a gift for humor, wisecracks, etc?

Thalia is at 3 degrees Aquarius ( :191: :157:, :192: :152: and :194: Asc); what does this mean? Well, I see it as a safety valve - in my case - a way of relieving tensions and frustrations. Third/10th/1st house activations. Show me your wee Thalia!

Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3 4
Sort posts:
November 7, 2020 at 18:29
(Taurus) dani_mae1
Mines in my 2nd house in Aquarius conjunct my Lilith.

I need to contemplate what it means now. Hmmm

Really fun interesting find. Found my rabbit hole for the day
November 7, 2020 at 18:46
(Aries) Wolfmoon
Thalia:

16´ Scorpio in my 10th. :192: my :154: but :196: my :156:...

Wonder if thats why I don´t find female comedians funny :63:

Good topic :36:
November 7, 2020 at 18:59
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » dani_mae1
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Hey Dani! I put your birth data in astro.com and I think it may be incorrect (the results not the data) ; gives Thalia at 20 :181: and Lilith at 4 :181: What degree in :181: do you have her?
Login
(Log in)
November 7, 2020 at 19:07
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » Fool
LMAOOOOOO

Thanks for checking behind me. I was using Astro.com and doing my Lilith from memory, and it failed me. I appreciate it.

I’ve been googling the hell outta this asteroid and I can’t find anything about it in Aquarius.

I thought it was interesting though a large amount of comedians have this asteroid aspecting their Saturns.
November 7, 2020 at 19:10
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Wolfmoon
=====
:61: :61: Now, that was funny.

This from reddit: "Lets talk about Thalia (Asteroid No. 23) - The Muse Of Comedy

Ok, So I´ve been digging deeper each day into newer things in astrology and have recently come across Thalia, an asteroid orbiting between Mars and Jupiter.

Thalia is one of the 7 muses in Greek Mythology, which represents our innate or raw sense humor.

I recently came across an [article] (http://www.daykeeperjournal.com/201…), which makes a solid observation of prominent placement of Thalia in the natal chart of professional comedians (standup or otherwise). The article doesn´t mention which house or sign placement is more favorable over the other, but points out the aspects Thalia makes with the sun & saturn in their natal charts. What´s surprising is some of these aspects are considered to be disharmonius but still give out favorable result to the native.

Lets take the example of semisquare ([considered disharmonius] (http://www.astro.com/astrology/…)) aspect.

Two of my favorite comedians George carlin (Carlin’s natal Thalia at 8 Aries is semisquare the 21 Taurus Sun) and Ray Ramano (Romano’s natal Thalia at 3 Aquarius is semisquare Saturn at 18 Sagittarius,), as mentioned in the article, have their Thalia in disharmonious aspects to sun and saturn."

It may be that disharmonious aspects can trigger the asteroid - now that´s funny too. She carries the mask of comedy ready to replace or indeed hide (psychologically speaking) from the drama (tragedy) taking place. A song that immediately leaps to mind is ´Birdhouse in your Soul´ (TMBG) - a night light against the darkness.
November 7, 2020 at 19:22
=====
"Famous comedians with Thalia connected to their Sun and/or Saturn

An outstanding comedian George Carline had Thalia-Sun-Saturn connection, also Charlie Chaplin and Jack Benny.
Then there is a line of modern comedians, who all have Thalia connected with their Saturn: Robin Williams, Steve Martin, Jerry Seinfeld, Ray Romano and (my favorite!) Jim Carrey
Lucille Ball (you know, the lady from I Love Lucy) has some great Thalia placement! Her’s opposes her Venus and sextiles both, Saturn and Uranus.
Currently extremely popular American show host Ellen DeGeneres as well has prominent Thalia in her chart; her’s conjuncts her Sun and Venus!
Roseanne Barr, one of the most popular modern female TV sitcom star, also has her Thalia in conjunction with her natal Venus." Reddit.

Hmm, reading this Thalia could be Saturn´s Jester.

In Aquarius - perhaps (dare I say, I´m going to say it) maybe a ´wacky´ sens of humour, or humour that can tap into a broader spectrum of comedy. Perhaps we should concentrate on aspects first and the sign coloring will reveal itself in the aspect. After all, I am making all this up :4:
November 7, 2020 at 19:24
=====
Scorpio, you say, so some dry cutting wit? Squaring anything?
Login
(Log in)
November 7, 2020 at 19:32
=====
If she is at 20 degrees that conjuncts my Mercury - ever found me risible?
Revloc - yours is squaring my Jupiter (more or less); we have both made each other laugh or at least smile, have we not(?)

Oops Edit
Connections: who else on the site contacts your Thalia, I wonder? Ever wonder why you have favoured comedians, funny actors?
November 7, 2020 at 19:34
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Thalia was one of the earlier discovered asteroids and in my :151:sign at birth, I wonder if it can interfere with being taken seriously!
November 7, 2020 at 19:36
“ If she is at 20 degrees that conjuncts my Mercury - ever found me risible?”

I find your posts and responses interesting as hell. It has so far led to much discovery in my natal chart and self. And I think you have indeed gotten chuckles outta me before now that you mention it.
November 7, 2020 at 19:38
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » IIyyaarr13
“ I wonder if it can interfere with being taken seriously!”

Never from over here friend! I put much thought into your responses always and 100% always have a cool realization moment from them.
November 7, 2020 at 19:41
(Aries) Wolfmoon » Fool
Nah, just an exact 135´ aspect to my mercury in Aries.

My go to for a laugh is Scottish stand up. I don´t know if its the accent or just the culture. Anyone from Connelly to Boyle they´ll have me roaring with laughter
November 7, 2020 at 19:42
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » IIyyaarr13
=====
Possibly, yeah, imagine a contact between Neptune and or Mercury, maybe.

edit: should have thrown the moon in there, too.
November 7, 2020 at 19:46
(Aries) Wolfmoon » Fool
"we have both made each other laugh or at least smile, have we not"

Indeed you have. You inspired me to write up Aquarian in the topic about the energies we get along with.

"who else on the site contacts your Thalia, I wonder?"

Some I could guess off the top of my head haha but would be interesting to see
November 7, 2020 at 19:47
=====
Funny that you should say that (ah, no. 23).

My wife is a Burns (of Scots descent) she likes those guys too; however, when I showed her an episode of "Rab C Nesbitt" she thought it was racist, and flounced off. If you like those guys you may also like "Chewin´ The Fat", and "Still Game" (Netflix has them both, I think).

EDIT: Actually, youtbe has at least two seasons of "Chewin´ The Fat" - was watching yesterday :61:
November 7, 2020 at 20:06
=====
"The archetypal nature of the sesquiquadrate, as I understand it, is micromanaging the purpose in such a way that it can find an expression that is appropriate for the current reality. This is fundamentally different than the inconjunct." https://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/…

It feels very cool to have been inspiring, thanks.
November 7, 2020 at 20:27
=====
"I find your posts and responses interesting as hell. It has so far led to much discovery in my natal chart and self. And I think you have indeed gotten chuckles outta me before now that you mention it."

Thanks, Dani - you have made me laugh on here, too (and inspired me to be busy on here).
November 7, 2020 at 20:30

Thanks, Dani - you have made me laugh on here, too (and inspired me to be busy on here).”

Really!? That’s great! My mars is the bane of my existence and I find myself severely lacking in motivation often so to see ya motivated is cool as heck.
November 7, 2020 at 20:48
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Fool
=====
These from the very short thread on the topic (http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/…

To help juice us all up.

Okay, off you go then, guys . .

"Let´s welcome Thalia, the muse of comedy!

I have Thalia conjunct Mercury in Sagittarius. I´ve had people tell me I should be a comedian. The other day I´ve realized I kinda act like Jim Carrey sometimes. I think I would enjoy making funny youtube videos.

When it comes to synastry, I have Jupiter conjunct my friend´s Thalia and we joke very often."

"My Thalia in Cap 12th house square Mercury/Pluto in the 8th goes well my dark humor.

Sometimes I tell jokes with a Buster Keaton face and people don´t know I´m joking unless I break the face."

"I have Thalia in Scorpio in the 6th loosely conjunct Pluto (2.5 degrees) and square my Mercury and my MC/IC axis (both orbs under a degree) as well as conjunct my Venus/Mars MP. I do love romantic comedies and I can see myself writing one. But other than that my sense of humor is too dark for me to write something that makes people constantly laugh out load. Maybe a dark comedy but overall I think I´m better suited to writing drama. But I do believe that every drama should be funny because life is inherently humorous, especially when it is at its darkest."

"I don´t know if comedy will feature in my life more so but it is on my MC. I´ve had to look at it more so as Thalia of the three Graces though, since another of those was conjunct my NN and Aglaja the youngest is conjunct my name asteroid. I think her name meant "Good mirth" or cheer or something such in any case, so hopefully it´ll lead to all that.

Thalia trines Melpomene at 2 Leo so comedy and the muse of tragedy are also in contact in my case. Nobody´s ever said anything about being a comedian but I suspect that´s in part for my mostly tending to deadpan whatever passes for jokes at my end. There´s also a hint of the "Went over your head 9 times out of 10 or with nine people out of ten" going on with my humour. I had some brilliant one-liners or own "jokes" in schooldays, rarely, but given how those worked when I did find something I wanted to use as a joke or a pun I suppose I could write some comedic material as well."

Big hand for the Linda Goodman folk there - thanks guys, no use the bloody back door! Hey you know what, your sites too pink. There´s too much pink!

Edit: "Aglaja" Is associated with "allure" and is venusian in "nature"
In fact not much asteroid information at all. Awesome, I´m gonna make one up.
November 7, 2020 at 21:21
=====
Well, its just true - I like your approach to it all: psychology/astrology.
Synastry of Mercury and Moon and Jupiter I seem to recall: from your "Show Me Your Jupiter Thread". :92:
November 7, 2020 at 21:34
(Virgo) rohini moon
Thalia... Located 27 degrees in Aries - 6th house.
November 7, 2020 at 21:54
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » rohini moon
=====
Ah, 6th house Aries. That would :198: my :154: :151: :191: You made me ´ROLF´ the other day (and before, obviously), I very much recall. Have I made you laugh? Who else does here or in showbiz? Do you like physical comedy? Thinking a 6th house thing, maybe. :1: Thanks

Just short of trining my retrograde :199: 1 deg orb.
November 7, 2020 at 21:59
(Virgo) rohini moon » Fool
Physical comedy? Hm... Not not sure much actually. I like dry sarcastic humor.. :37:

Yes you did actually, your zany bonfire post, the photos + your commentary were spot on :15: :15:
November 7, 2020 at 22:26
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » rohini moon
=====
"Yes you did actually, your zany bonfire post, the photos + your commentary were spot on"

Thanks very much, RohiniMoon, now if you would care to I am going to select a random physical video in the next post. Tell me what you think, thanks :17:
Login
(Log in)
November 7, 2020 at 22:28
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Fool
=====
Randomly (of course is wasn´t - bloody astrology) selected physical comedy clip. Tell us how you react everyone.
YouTube
YouTube
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »