The Galactic Centre (helio)

October 26, 2020 at 12:55 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user wettergreen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

The Galactic Centre (helio)
Hi fellow beings,

Can anyone tell me the exact placement of the Galactic Centre, according to the sun/the helio-centric model?

And maybe also confirm that thee GC is 27˚Sagittarius in the geo-centric model?

I´d appreciate greatly,

Thank you,
and Godspeed

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
October 26, 2020 at 18:09
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
I like the speed, declination, and longitude columns at Serennu Asteroid Ephemeris, looking up different days and it is clear that the Gal. Cen. is slowly creeping to the sign of :180:.
The Speed for Gal. Cen. is shown as 0.000000 degrees which is a cop-out, they could put a mathematical property to imply the creeping across the sky!
This time in history shows the longitudes of the twenty-somethings for Gal. Cen.
October 27, 2020 at 15:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » IIyyaarr13
System message: Post has been written by user wettergreen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Pretend that I am 5yo for a moment.

I want to know the exact ˚ and sign that the GC is in the helio-centric model, so that I can know when a planet transits the GC from a helio-centric point of view.

I am aware that the GC is ~27˚ Sagittarius in the geo-centric model, is it the same in helio?

Thanks,
October 27, 2020 at 16:19
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » wettergreen
Right now it is at 27 dg. Sagittarius 08 min. 02 sec. from the Earth, add 13 sec. to get 15 sec. for heliocentric.
The Declination is important because it means that Kuiper Belt Objects sometimes hit it exactly; minus 29 dg. OO min. 55 sec. subtract 1 sec. to get heliocentric position.
This place is not safe for five year olds! :115: :47: :85: :95:
October 27, 2020 at 17:15
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » IIyyaarr13
=====
Awesome. Exactly the information I was looking for + some more.

:15:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »