how did you get into astrology?

October 26, 2020 at 10:54 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) isthatphill
how did you get into astrology?
i´ll start:

i remember looking up at the night sky in awe as a child and then... technology happened :2:

i would always read my daily horoscope by rick levine (an amazing astrologer) on myspace!

every time i got away from astrology it always found it´s way back to me and vice versa!

it was love at first star :78: :79:

okay, now it´s your turn :4:

how did you and astrology meet?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
October 26, 2020 at 16:42
(Taurus) dani_mae1
It was my first Jupiter return.

I was 12 and it was my birthday. My biggest bday wish was to go to the bookstore to get a new book! It was the early early 90s when Borders bookstores were booming.

I walked in an split from my parents. Walked the aisles aimlessly smelling the coffee scent from the cafe all in the store mixed with new book smell. Oh it was magical.

I stepped into a section that was empty, New Age. And suddenly I saw a VERY large purple book. And walked right up to it and pulled it off the shelf. It was Linda Goodman’s Sun Signs.

I KNEW, in that place we just have the utmost certainty that this book was mine and going home with me. It held the promise of secrets to be unlocked and it proved very true.

After that day, I was hooked. I learned from any book I could get and even dabbled in drawing charts from hand but then astrology websites happened when I turned 16 and it was a TOTAL game changer. I was a sponge. I soaked up and regurgitated everything thing I learned and accidentally turned myself into a Party Trick in my 20s. Basically they told everyone at the party—hey how talk to that girl, she’ll tell you all about yourself without you saying anything! It was a fun time actually. But now I decided to go for it in totality and this is my first year of FORMAL education in the astrology realm. Interesting enough, I enrolled in my first year of official astrology school during my 3rd Jupiter return.
October 26, 2020 at 17:20
(Gemini) ElizabethP
Lockdown.

I´m into ´different´ and a friend sent me a David Palmer (Leo King) youtube.

I always thought astrology was B.S.

His video was really very interesting.

So I´ve been looking into it since lockdown - March or so.

And i now know there IS something to it.

So I´m learning more ...
October 26, 2020 at 17:38
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
:97:High Functioning Marionette Syndrome combined with a couple of years of "beyond the fringe" radio programming on KFOX Redondo Beach! :13: I had studied palmistry after High School which has planetary symbols marking the hand so there was wonder as to how the different subjects carry into each other! "Radio Astrologer" is alive and well on the Internet! :13:
October 26, 2020 at 17:54
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Ladeeda, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
When I was a teen. Around 14 or 15. I think it began with my regularly reading Cosmopolitan or Glamour and checking out the monthly horoscopes at the end.

I´m not entirely sure when I decided to look up what it means to be a taurus, but that´s how it started.

It went from the taurus star sign, to taurus woman, taurus compatibility (and because at the time I had a crush on a leo, I specifically looked up taurus woman-Leo man compatibility). Then I came across other terms like moon sign, venus sign, what a chart is, etc.

I´m considerably less into it now than I was 4-5 years ago (the pinnacle of my obsession with it), but it´s still interesting from time to time.
October 26, 2020 at 18:17
(Taurus) nutelina
Description of a famous person mentioning astrological signs of the individual.
October 26, 2020 at 18:43
(Aries) Wolfmoon
Its always been there. My old lady was into "alternative" way of looking at the world. she always had astrological books and would practice Tarot. She never really ran with the Astro but I always thumbed through the books.

20s happened and woman and booze became the priority.

Saturn return at 28 sent me on a massive journey of self discovery to which I decided to take up my off beat interest a bit more seriously. Being an Aries left me with little time to study it but now I finally have the time... well I´m making the time. I find this more exilerating than anything in the material world.

I´m a fan of knowing. Theres a lot to know in Astrology
October 26, 2020 at 18:44
(Virgo) Etherealmind
I don´t exactly remember but it happened when I was more or less 15-16 years old. My mother had observed similarities between people sharing the same astrological sign and her observations were quite right so I started observing too and I could also notice many strange similarities. At the beginning, I tried to see if the predictions(horoscope) in the newspapers worked, at least for me, but it was pure bullsh*t hahaha then I tried to search for informations on the Internet and I could find many informations such as planets significations, houses, aspects, etc.

I started learning the basics in astrology then, I also started interpretating my birth chart while learning new stuffs in books, on the Internet and also observing my environment, family, friend´s personality hahahaha. I always learn and find out new things in astrology :).
October 26, 2020 at 21:40
(Taurus) isthatphill » dani_mae1
i really enjoyed reading your story!

it´s beautiful and vivid. i feel like writing is definitely in your strong suit as well!

i respect your dedication to the craft. you´ve reminded me how lucky we are to have astrology at our fingertips! you´ve also enlightened me about the jupiter return! he definitely likes you and wants you to succeed!

congratulations on enrolling in your first formal astrology class! that´s something i´d be interested in. how´s it going?
October 26, 2020 at 22:09
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » isthatphill
Oh you are too kind! Thank you.

School is going ok, rough rocky start but I feel like I’m coming into the swing of things now. If you’re interested in school you should definitely go for it! Especially if it’s a passion or joy.
October 27, 2020 at 09:36
(Taurus) isthatphill » ElizabethP
i feel like lockdown has been transformative for most!

i´m into "different" too - always have been and always will be! lol

i think i heard of leo king. i believe he used to date one of my favorite youtubers. her name´s gem goddess.

you´re absolutely right! there is certainly something to it! here´s how i look at it: if the sun affects us from lightyears away, why wouldn´t the other celestial bodies?

astrology likes you a lot! it told me so lol
October 27, 2020 at 09:45
(Taurus) isthatphill » IIyyaarr13
i love it!

thank you! you´ve introduced me to two things i´d like to check out: beyond the fringe radio and palmistry - especially palmistry!

there´s so many "mysteries" to solve and i love it! haha
October 27, 2020 at 09:51
(Taurus) isthatphill » Ladeeda
yaaas girl! astrology was (still is, but shhh) my go to when it came to finding out if he was the one... :61:

i feel ya. moon signs were a game changer for me! my friends and coworkers always ask me what sign the moon is it lol

that´s how it is with me (aries moon/mercury) - i´ll be obsessed with something until i´m not lol
November 7, 2020 at 19:15
(Taurus) TaylorS1986
I grew up in a rural area where it was very easy to see the stars and the visible planets at night. I was fascinated by the symbolism of astrology even as a kid (people made jokes about me being basically a waking stereotype of a Taurus! :61: ), but I´m also a naturally skeptical and scientifically minded person and it took me a long time to overcome my doubts and really accept that it works.

It really wasn´t until I discovered the whole revival of traditional/ancient astrology through Chris Brennan´s podcast that I really went in the deep end.
November 7, 2020 at 19:47
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » TaylorS1986
The Pleiades always looked green and no U.F.O.s for my viewing in the San Fernando Valley, star-gazing is a good youth activity; We need Traditional Astrologers and Hindu Astrologers to get us into the mainstream; I´ll be saying something different when :199:erschel is 0 arcseconds in longitude from Alcyone!
November 7, 2020 at 20:47
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Green Garden, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I loved to collect those sugarsticks(they have that Sun sign description on the backside) that adults got served with coffee, as a little kid.
Hooked ever since. :75:
November 7, 2020 at 21:34
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » dani_mae1
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Awesome! Uranus (headmaster of astrology) and Jupiter (headmaster of wisdom); working for the betterment of us all in your conjunction. :1:
November 7, 2020 at 21:52
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » Fool
I recently looked up asteroid 30–the astrologers asteroid. It’s in my 7th in cancer. Close to my lot of fortune but I can’t remember quite if it’s a conjunction.

But yea. I’m going to school for Astrology and psychology and also doing an apprenticeship in therapeutic techniques in hopes to heal others as I have been able to do with those categories.
November 7, 2020 at 22:40
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Everyone´s so cool, here. I seem to recall that back in the UK it was ´The Faculty of Astrological Studies´ that gave the valued (among astrologers) degree (or equivalent); not sure but I think it was a three year thing. :99:

are you aware of the advanced astrology articles, here https://www.astro.com/astrology/…
November 7, 2020 at 22:50
My astrology certification program is 4 years. I’m still in year one wahhhhhhh
November 7, 2020 at 22:53
=====
You got this - :156: and :199: said so. :75:
November 7, 2020 at 22:59
Actually the vote of confidence is GREATLY appreciated
November 8, 2020 at 01:45
(Aries) Krafti_
I was researching and reading alot of books on ancient Egypt at the time and when I found out they themselves used astrology in multiple ways it got me more interested to look into it even further.
November 8, 2020 at 09:08
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Erinmeow, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Moved in with my mom and sister (who are both really into astrology) during my downward spiral at 28. Ive always been pretty skeptical. Due to my first acid trip, I was able to focus and read about my astrology chart.

Almost 2 years later, it has really helped me keep my unfavorable mannerisms in check. Even how I think about things, its also helped me maintain a healthier perspective on myself and surroundings. Which is a huge deal, considering I was maintaining a suicidal state for almost 3 years (I got into astrology after i did a fair amoint of therapy). Ive recently celebrated a year of no ideations, which is a pretty great achievement.

I like the awareness that comes with studying your chart/keeping an eye on transits.
November 8, 2020 at 14:16
(Aries) rbendrats
In 2013 I had a career as an advertising copywriter. I started getting problems with clients.

To fix the problems I didn´t find a way to do it so I found somewhere that astrology can help with difficulties in life by learning how the planets work in a birth chart.

I ordered a transit astrological report which gave me some ideas to fix the problems with clients.

But I was only 22/23 at the time and the bad thing is I didn´t quite understand how astrology works by studying and relying on the report.

Basically it all ended with mental health problems as anxiety, etc.

As the years pass by I start to find astrology more familiar.
November 8, 2020 at 17:20
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user FlyingRedBear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
It started more or less because I was tired of not knowing why I was suffering so much and wanting a tangible game plan to heal myself. And I have always had CRAZY vivid dreams about outer space as far back as I can remember.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »