Astrocartography

September 27, 2020 at 11:13 (UT/GMT)
(Aries) ram_goat
Astrocartography
A few months ago I noticed petr added astrocartography to the site. I knew nothing about astrocartography but it intrigued me, so I bought this book, written by the guy that supposedly invented it. I am no expert on the subject, I merely pass on some information in the book to help others understand the features on the site..

Some Vocabulary:

Paran Lines: The crossing of one planet´s MC or IC line with another planet´s rising (ASC) or setting line (DSC). The latitude at which this happens is considered to be influenced by both planets. This is the same as a "paranatellonta" or "paran".

A quote from the book:

"They are somewhat like squares in their action, and have been found to be about one-third the strength of the (ASC or DSC) lines themselves. Though most ACG interpretation emphasizes the lines more than the crossings, the latter are particularly important in those areas where one is not within "orb" of regular lines. An orb of about 4 to 7 degrees on either side (east or west) of an MC/IC or rise-set line, and about 1 to 2 degrees on either side (north or south) of a crossing are suggested based on experience, as well as feedback from AstroCartoGraphy users.

Finally, just as we can "stack up" chart upon chart upon chart, so it is possible to consider questions of astrological geography from a variety of possible viewpoints, such as transits and progressions. Even within a horoscope, this can quickly become unwieldy, requiring a good knowledge of astrology and great care to interpret properly, When using a map, all the more care must be used, For this reason, the best method of going beyond the natal map to look at current indications is to combine progressions of the inner planets with transits of the outer planets, since the two sets of planets will move along at roughly the same speed."

As much as I´de like to simply copy the entire book and paste it in here, there are some obvious problems with that. Instead of a mass cut & paste, I´ll try to paraphrase ideas from the book sufficiently to keep any lawyers from knocking on petr´s door.

The significance of some location falling to the east of a line vs west of a line:

Ascendant Lines:

West of line: The effects of that line will reflect the 1st house more
Since the first house is the house of self, you will relate very personally with the energies west of the line, they will affect your personality more.

East of line: The effects of that line will reflect the 12th house more The effect of the planet will act upon you more psychologically, in ways that are less visible to you but may be visible to others around you.

Descendant Lines:

West of the line: The effects of the line will be influenced by the 7th house. You will project the energy of the planet externally, and it will manifest itself in the people around relationships around you. These people will be your teachers, and you will not be able to see the lessons or qualities they possess in yourself, but only through others.

East of the line: The effects of the line will be influenced by your 6th house. The energy of the planet will show itself in the form of external problems or challenges in your environment, which you must learn from.

Imum Coeli Lines:

West of the line: The effects of the line will be influenced by the 4th house. The planet´s influence will manifest externally, but in a manner that challenges your identity or ancestral, family, or internal values.

East of the line: The effects of the line will be influenced by the 3rd house. The influence of the planet will sensitize you to your environment and force you to behave externally in a way that conforms with the place, as influenced by the energy of the planet in question.

Midheaven Lines:

West of the line: The effects of the line will be influenced by the 10th house. The influence will be outer oriented, as MC rules your social standing and reptuation, as well as career in society. Situations that cause growth and development in a very public and visible manner will occur.

East of the line: The effects of the line will be influenced by the 9th house. The influence of the planet will reflect the beliefs and values of the society in which the location lies. Things will be experienced on an internal private level, but will involve larger issues belonging to the culture or society of the place.

Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sort posts:
September 27, 2020 at 11:25
(Aries) ram_goat
There´s more to post than just what I have written above, but I´de like to apply the ideas of astrocartography to two of my favorite villians right now- Jeffery Epstein, and Ghislane Maxwell..

Jeffery Epstein: born 20 January 1953 - 03:15, Brooklyn, New York USA

Ghislane Maxwell: born 25 December 1961 - 15:20, Maisons-Laffitte, France

The book itself gives some fine cherry picked examples of the charts of famous people, but the book was written almost 50 years ago. I think it´d be more fun to analyze the astrocartography of some more contemporary villians in our society.
September 27, 2020 at 11:38
(Aries) ram_goat » ram_goat
So now for Jeffy...

New York City, directly east of his Mars & Venus IC lines.

The effects of the line will be influenced by the 3rd house. The influence of the planet will sensitize you to your environment and force you to behave externally in a way that conforms with the place, as influenced by the energy of the planet in question.

It seems he kept a low profile while he was in the city..
His worst excesses were in FLA and the Virgin Islands. His natal venus & mars are both in pisces, house III... he knew how to work people, remain duplicitous, deceptive to important people in the city.

Palm Beach Florida, west of his Venus & Mars IC lines.

The effects of the line will be influenced by the 4th house. The planet´s influence will manifest externally, but in a manner that challenges your identity or ancestral, family, or internal values.

Perhaps the location where the abuse started. Also he´s got aries moon in house 4 in his natal chart. Sex drive gone wild in the safety of his home?

Little St. James Island, US Virgin Islands- east of his Mars & Venus but out of orb, I think.

But certainly within orb and to the west of his Moon IC line.

The effects of the line will be influenced by the 4th house. The planet´s influence will manifest externally, but in a manner that challenges your identity or ancestral, family, or internal values.

Again, his natal moon in aries, house 4.. sex drive gone wild, in a home-like environment, his little "love island", where the worst abuses occurred, the moon representing women..
September 27, 2020 at 11:46
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Trevor, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Im interested in this stuff, but when I saw the lines over the different countries, If I wanted to find statistics of what it would be like living in a specific ´city´, like socially, does it make me happy there, and love prospects etc, Does the Book show any info on that ?
September 27, 2020 at 11:51
(Aries) ram_goat » Trevor
Yes, I thought we´de build up to that. It´s a 300+ page book, so no way that in 3 posts I really do justice to the contents. But I suppose we could go off script too. I wanted to post a little lingo just so that people could have a discussion and understand what things mean. You have some decent background in this, and any of us can pull up your chart or anyone else´s, so why not?

What city do you have in mind? What country.

I hemmed and hawwed and went back and forth for many weeks about how best to start this thread. Early attempts show that the subject matter is just utterly chaotic by nature, so I guess, let´s just go with that wherever it leads.

I just figured I´de wank on about Jeff and Ghislane in here until the thread caught on or tanked.

It´s an interesting subject and not a lot of good information out there. I was surprised when petr added it to the site. Such wonderful tools to make it all so easy.. all that´s missing are interpretations.
September 27, 2020 at 11:53
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
Sounds about right looking at mine! Living in the U.S. I.C. Venus and moving to the East towards the Netherlands and evaluating the 4th house and social issues/social values/social norms of my country versus over here forced to adapt adjust to the way things are done here which is completely different.
September 27, 2020 at 12:15
(Taurus) dani_mae1
I wish I had access to this book three months ago when I was using astrocartagraphy to determine my move.

I decided on the west of my venus descendant (they’re the same) line and after reading what you posted understand the energies at play much better and how to work with them... well once Covid is over and I go back to interacting with people if that ever happens.

Thanks for a awesome post! It’s really helpful!
September 27, 2020 at 13:54
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul
Astrocartography always draws my attention, I could not read anything about that but I shared with people my some findings in astrocartography about Jupiter and I visited cities which Jupiter passes on.
September 27, 2020 at 14:50
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ram_goat
System message: Post has been written by user Trevor, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I had a look at some astrocarteography books online, and out of all them, I would bought same book.

I use numerology for astrocarteography at moment, you compare the vibrational number of the city to your birth number vibration and its a simple ´great´, 2nd best, ´neutral´ or ´no go´ result.
September 27, 2020 at 16:31
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user hh, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
thanks for sharing this insight, ive always wondered what it meant when say, ic and ac lines were close together, ´paran´ lines as they are calling it. east and west of the lines is also very interesting and new to me but makes sense and it is similar to another tool on astro.com called astroclick ´local space´ which divides your city of living into the 12 houses. although this house energy only adds more complexity to the whole art of astrocart.

if you look at all of epsteins homes, they are all near ic lines which is ideal with the exception of paris home.

new york: east of both his venus/mars ic line
florida: west of his mars ic line
st thomas island: near his moon ic line, very ideal to live and east of his venus ic line
new mexico: east of nodal ic line
paris: right on his nodal ac line. possibly to the west of it, didnt look up address yet.
ca, los angeles: theres a sun ic line right there, but not confirmation of a home, wouldnt be surprised if he did have one there.

its interesting he died in new york near his venus line.
in transit that day of death: neptune slow transit but was on his venus 1 deg orb, venus transit exact inconjunct (fighting aspect) to his natal venus, we all know he was taken down by women (venus) and lilith the feminine rebel was within 7 degree orb in transit and approaching his natal venus.
September 27, 2020 at 16:40
(Virgo) RohiniMoon
Astrocartography is the bees knees... Very great, informative tool. I looked into mine a year ago, but didn´t really understand it completely until a few months ago.
September 27, 2020 at 16:42
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user hh, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
´Perhaps the location where the abuse started. Also he´s got aries moon in house 4 in his natal chart. Sex drive gone wild in the safety of his home?´

im actually seeing that from his mars/venus (sex drive combo) on his ic (private home). mars/venus both in a rather superficial and non-emotional sign in his sidereal chart. also has uranus in another air sign in the 8th house of sexual bonding, adding more superficiality to the act.
September 27, 2020 at 17:33
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Interesting topic. Something I think I´ve heard of/glanced at before, but never understood. May have to take the time to see what it´s about, not today though. Lol

Someone give me a free reading :61:
September 27, 2020 at 19:44
(Aries) ram_goat » Sunnyshadow
Like Trevor.. pick a city and we can talk about it..
September 27, 2020 at 20:15
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ram_goat
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Which cities would you recommend me outside of Europe?
September 27, 2020 at 21:09
(Aries) ram_goat » hh
Some good connections there. I forgot about his house in NM, but between Jeff & Ghislane, there is a lot to juggle.
September 28, 2020 at 08:14
(Aries) ram_goat » MarvinReal
Oh I am not recommending anything to anyone. Only talking about what´s in the book and applying it to astrocartography maps.
September 28, 2020 at 11:15
(Pisces) fishscales » Sunnyshadow
"Someone give me a free reading :61:"

That´s about where I am right now...it´s an interesting topic, but my mind is just not up to the endeavor of learning something new right now...

I´m still trying to figure out how they´re teaching kids to do math in school these days...

That being said, I´d be curious what the astrocartography has to say about the differences between living in Maine and New Jersey for me...I know it´s not supposed to be where you are, but what you´re carrying inside of you... Still... The move was like night and day for me...so much happier here. Maybe it´s just how it worked out.
September 28, 2020 at 16:00
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » ram_goat
I´ll have to do some studying on it. It´s an intriguing subject, but my mind is in rest mode.

You ever saw that Chris Farley movie where he´s trying to learn the alphabet :61:

That´s about where I´m at right now

https://youtu.be/DJUIs3yTHkU
YouTube
YouTube
September 28, 2020 at 16:07
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
if you guys want to check your own astrocart, i like the astro.com one because the lines are easier to see and if you click on the lines, it gives the definitions of these places. just choose ´scalable map´ from drop down and you have the interactive lines. this one and the one we have been using for jeffrey epstein, is more for travel or relocating out of state or country.

https://www.astro.com/cgi/…

if you want a more localized astrocart, for once you have settled down, use this one:
https://www.astro.com/cgi/…#

lmk what you guys think, accurate or not? if you need help, just ask. its pretty easy though, the next step would be using planetary dignities and planets as rulers of certain houses to get a better idea of planetary lines and the energy at play there. (for example, mars ic line is typically not a good place to live by standard definition, but if you have debilitated mars or mars in harsh aspect to pluto or experiencing a hard transit to natal mars, then you would want to avoid living on that mars ic line).
September 28, 2020 at 17:46
(Aries) ram_goat » Sunnyshadow
It´s an intriguing subject, but my mind is in rest mode.

Funny you say that. I have felt the same. Starting this thread was like walking through molasses. Must be all the retrogrades. But for me it represented a nice change after all the batshit crazy in the forums lately.. all the negativity.
September 28, 2020 at 18:00
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » ram_goat
I can´t find the HP fanfic thread anymore, so I´m leaving this here in your thread:

https://m.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
November 1, 2020 at 21:16
(Aquarius) Fool
I was gifted my astrocartography chart (decades ago) it came with a book that I have been trying to scan to my computer but the tech is having none of it. Had to uninstall the printer and now it refuses to recognise it.

Anyway, perhaps I can (depending on boredom levels) type a few notes from it (as you have done) if there is any real interest. I think there may also be a thread (used to be) on the subject at the Linda Goodman astro site.

Stupidly I moved further away (entirely) from my Jupiter ic line - only now do I see that that energy was a buffer against my t-squared chart. California (southern, LA County) Got my Venus, Saturn, Sun lines there; all aspected by asc. moon squares. Got married there, didn´t I? So, a kind of soft almost dreamy feeling (but really, how can a Neptune first house tell)sometimes followed by frustration with the whole place and it´s people. San Francisco, (venus) really like the place (although, for quite awhile now it has been a failed city); progressive, I believe it had the most integrated public transport system in the world (at the start before oil men bought up all the bus and train companies and ran them down). Now the homeless write graffiti with their own shit and those town houses go for millions.

Anyway, a very mixed bag with squared lines - remember that if you are traveling to investigate a line; you´ll experience difficult aspects as you would in your natal. Because of this some folk travel to the most unaspected lines.

Now I am in southern Utah (about 20 miles from Cedar City) with a Moon line (ASC I think) where I, to my astonishment, suddenly have three goats, 11 -13 cats, a friggin´ dog and don´t forget the fish. I have twin girls (adopted - wife´s nieces) one of whom just left home and the other has decided to become a Mormon. For fuck sake, sigh. Anyway, it´s about kids, family in general and apparently crying unexpectedly (not blubbing) but having tears on my face for no discernable reason.

So transits, check those things out before you go; realize, also that natives from the locales will see the quality of the line radiating from you. That´s why you have to be careful think Venus line squared by natal Pluto or Mars - transited by Mars. One´s guard should be up.

A fun game if you know where old friends, lovers etc come from, though.

So, no specific incidents to report, as such - just the vibes/facts. However, I think it may have been reddit, this guy went to his Mars Asc (I think) he may have been a native of Mars, too; anyhoo, he noted that colours were more muted somehow - not as vibrant, fire engines were always in front of his car when he went to work(and came home), people seemed slower more mundane and he could not stop wanking. He could not keep his erection down - 8 times in one hour he had to wank, before he had to leave town because of it.

Incidentally the book is credited to ´astro*cart*ography´ and not Jim Lewis (think it was his name) who was the originator and apparently visited quite a lot of his chart with notebook in hand.
November 2, 2020 at 00:55
(Aquarius) Fool » Fool
Alternatively, this from https://plutonicdesire.net/astrocar…

>ASCENDANT : Personal expression
>IC (imuni coeli) : Your roots, homelife
>DESCENDANT : The other person, people, relationships
>MC (medi-coeli or midheaven) : Your status, career

____________________________________________________________________________________
The lines and their meaning :

SUN
Creates a happy feeling, uplifting energies. Gives a bigger Ego and the ability to be more in control over your desires and destiny.

MOON
When conjunct to one of the angles, especially to the IC, it indicates a past life. The person has spent past live(s) in this certain place. It creates a feeling of home. Creates more intense emotions and sensitivity. Feeling emotionally connected when living or traveling under a moon line.

MERCURY
Gives mental activity and makes chatty. A place with a mercury connection is a good place to go for writing, communication, studying and making new contacts. This energy is neutral.

VENUS
When Venus is conjunct to one of the angles a marriage can be indicated towards this location, meeting your spouse in that area or finding love. This is very beneficial for relationships. This energy is very positive.

MARS
One of the hardest aspects to live under but it can bring a lot of energy and passion. For a woman it can indicate annoying men surrounding her.

JUPITER
A very beneficial planet line to live under. Jupiter expands, success, higher education, philosophy and fun. This can bring you very good opportunities to expand your desires. An uplifting energy.

SATURN
A very hard aspect to be having on one of your four angles. Living under a Saturn line literally indicates that you are dealing with life as the school of hard knocks. It teaches you patience and persistence. You will work harder than what is considered normal. On the other hand, it teaches you maturity and growth.

URANUS
Makes energetic and a bit nervous. Gives a feeling of restriction, creates rebellism.

NEPTUNE
Makes you dreamy and imaginative. Good for traveling, not so much for living under a Neptune line. It stimulates your creativity and romance. It makes you want to escape and it’s not beneficial for addictions.

PLUTO
A very hard line to live under. Can bring issues towards sex, money, isolation, pain. This energy is very transformative.

NORTHNODE
Indicates a place of fated events. Mostly eyeopening or difficult. Traveling to a Northnode place could help you to reconnect with your purpose in life. You could feel a strong pull or connection to that place, and if possible i would suggest you travelling there.

The ASC will change, and depending on where you would go in the world, the ascendant also changes signs. In this chart the Birth ascendant (Aries) changes to a Gemini ascendant, showing a more lighthearted and intellectual approach to life. It falls into the 2nd house of the birthchart which highlights the area of possessions, values and money.
The NortNode is conjunct to the DSC, showing this place to bring fated events regards other people and relationships. When it comes to relationships, this person will find more clarity when traveling to this place.
The Neptune-Uranus conjunction falls onto the MC, which shows some confusions, rebellism and situations regards career, work and status may occur in that part of the world. This is how you read an Astrocartography chart the easiest way.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Pastlife in another country :

Rather difficult to be 100% sure, but it is possible to find indications of that via Astrocartography. First of all it makes sense if you have a specific attraction, pull or feeling of homesickness regards a certain country/place in the world. This is where Astrocartography may show some insights and results.
Such as :
> Moon-line crossing the country/place
> NorthNode-line crossing the country/place
> SouthNode-line crossing the country/place

An example is the chart mentioned above, in which the Southnode conjuncts the relocation ASC.
A very strong indication of having had a pastlife on that place.

EDIT: For info (how near the lines, etc) http://www.astrocartography.co.uk/a…
November 2, 2020 at 06:48
(Leo) SilverStar
This is where I´m quite skeptical.
The places it said would be great for me, I hated. lol
November 2, 2020 at 11:28
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » Fool
“VENUS
When Venus is conjunct to one of the angles a marriage can be indicated towards this location, meeting your spouse in that area or finding love. This is very beneficial for relationships. This energy is very positive.

This is very accurate. I moved to my Venus descendant line in July and my relationship with hubs is the best it’s ever been. In fact we decided that since we didn’t really have a wedding with family present originally years ago, just the justice of the peace, we are going to do a vow renewal ceremony soon here and actually get everyone together to celebrate.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »