Too Be-ard or not too Be-ard

September 17, 2020 at 22:08 (UT/GMT)
(Aries) Wolfmoon
Too Be-ard or not too Be-ard
I´m curious on what peoples thoughts on beards are. From all peoples.

I recently had one which started as a covering because I was living an incredibly shameful life and I didn´t want to be recognized. I then let it get out of control and found it very comfortable. I enjoyed it and thoroughly recommend all men grow one at some stage in their life.

I shaved because I regained my freedom and my life... and I hadn´t seen my face in 6 years

Having one, I noticed different reactions. Some woman would just grab it. No asking. Just give it a quick tug. It was quite infuriating. Men would often compliment it. Others would seem somewhat intimidated by it?

I feel I got alot more respect for having it, people took me alot more seriously but since having shaved people are approaching me alot more.

The media portrays having one in generally a negative light unless attached to someone of wisdom or a historical figure.

Whats your opinion on them? If any? For woman have you been with a man with one? For the men have you had one? Do you enjoy it?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 17, 2020 at 22:17
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
From what I’ve noticed in the US....it doesn’t matter.

In the 80s and 90s clean shaven was the norm.

I go back and forth between clean shaven and a bit of a scruff. Mostly because I’m too lazy to shave everyday.

Only a big , shaggy beard stands out these days.

Though it worked out well for ZZ Top.

The one without a beard is the drummer whose name is Frank Beard. :4:
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 17, 2020 at 22:18
(Virgo) rohini moon
Hey Rev!

In my personal opinion......I love when men have facial hair --- and a beard... I mean, I guess not too wild of a beard but decently long doesn´t bother me. I always went for the more "rugged" look in a man anyway..... Most women that I have ever known didn´t like facial hair on a man, I could never understand why. . You´re a man, be a man with some facial hair.....it is natural after all.

That´s not to say I don´t enjoy a man who is clean shaven either......both have their time and place....I think it really just boils down to the guy....what suits him better...

But generally I do prefer facial hair over clean shaven

:32:
September 17, 2020 at 23:46
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user hh, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
for me, depends on the season. gets too hot here in california for a beard in summer. but if you can grow a good one, then do it, and society and work places are becoming more accepting of it too.
September 18, 2020 at 00:30
(Aries) Wolfmoon » Leo Moon
I get quite conspiratorial in my thinking these days and feel there´s an agenda against the beard. 80s and 90s being a large part of it.

All the 80s "hair" bands. Men in drag.

The shaving everyday is painful. I generally do it once a fortnight and thats because it becomes too much of a prick after two weeks to cut haha
September 18, 2020 at 00:33
(Pisces) fishscales
Having a beard is advantageous in Maine for practical reasons...it´s fucking cold here.

But I have to admit I´ve gotten somewhat attached to it... I used to shave it off in the summer, but I´ve stopped doing that, although I keep it as short as possible during the summer months.

A couple of years ago, I shaved it off for me and my wife´s anniversary, because she hates it...

Couldn´t do it though... It was back the very next week...
September 18, 2020 at 00:34
(Aries) Wolfmoon » rohini moon
"You´re a man, be a man with some facial hair.....it is natural after all."

Your wisdom never fails to delight :15:

Quite surprised you prefer the fur :36:
September 18, 2020 at 00:36
(Aries) Wolfmoon » hh
isn´t it strange that they´re becoming more acceptable... its natural. It should be accepted.

We had beards long before customer service :1:
September 18, 2020 at 00:38
(Pisces) fishscales » Wolfmoon
Not having to shave regularly is also a huge advantage of having a beard...

Same reason why I keep a crew cut...

If I can leave the house without having to look in the mirror, I´m happy...
September 18, 2020 at 00:39
(Aries) Wolfmoon » fishscales
haha thats an awesome post.

I´m only two weeks in and I haven´t made the decision yet. I go to stroke it and its gone... it could be back by Christmas :4:
September 18, 2020 at 00:48
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » Wolfmoon
It certainly is more natural, more convenient and less expensive.

Good razors are expensive.

I use an electric razor to keep it in check , but have gone clean shaven a few times a year these days.

In the 80s and 90s I shaved every morning.
September 18, 2020 at 01:18
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
You notice most of the Emoji´s use the same barber? :46: :42: :5: :8: :36: :22: :37: :6: :75: :4: :3: :2: :1:
To shave or not to shave, that is the question, whether it is nobler to have a Goatee or a full-on beard!
September 18, 2020 at 01:44
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » IIyyaarr13
I never noticed that IIyyaarr.

Only the crazy wine drinker , Flower and kissy woman have hair .

:117: :34: :45:

Beardless emoji conspiracy! :2:
September 18, 2020 at 04:32
(Aries) ram_goat » Leo Moon
Just buy an old style double edged "safety" razor, the kind that was
common from the 50´s to the late 80´s..

the Germans still make them.. Merkur

Buy razor blades in bulk on amazon. You can buy a supply that lasts
you the rest of your life for $20.. literally.. $20 will get you a pack of 500 blades, enough for a lifetime.

I used those all my life, I only got into the european ones because in the late 80´s they stopped making the old black & chrome gilette ones that were available literally anywhere, (made in the USA) for $7.00. Crazy eh? Now I see they are having something of a renaissance and they are in common stores like Target or Wal Mart. I used to by them at expensive specialty knife shops in the 80´s and 90´s, then online when amazon killed the specialty knife shops..

If you look at the European ones you can find some pretty aggressive razors. Like shaving with a guillotine blade or a chainsaw.. but nice quality. you learn to have a light touch though, or those things will take 1/2 you face off in the blink of an eye.

I tried straight razors, out of novelty and nostalgia a few times. I got an old straight razor that was my Great Grandfather´s, sharpened it up and tried it a few times. It´s harrowing, and takes practice. Really straight razors are tools best used on others, not for shaving yourself. It takes a long time and maintenance can be tedious. If you don´t keep the blade *perfect* then you´ll feel it- in a bad way. Double edged razors are just faster and more convenient. And double edged razors can be aggressive if you get an agressive one. They can give an incredibly close shave. Your face is soft as a baby´s.. I shave every other day because the razor is too aggresive, and also it takes about that long for the blade to recover. There´s a microscopic "fin" of metal at the tip of the edge that takes a beating every time you shave, but if you give the blade about 48 hours, the fin "relaxes" and goes straigh again (after you shave it looks like an aerial view of a train wreck- kinked, bent.. But give it time and the fin relaxes, straightens, and the blade will cut like new. In the old straight razor days they used to sell matched sets of 7 razors, one for each day of the week, to give each blade some time to relax after being used. But that´s all old timey stuff. Still, if you use a double edged razor too often- daily or more, you´ll go through a lot of blades because they never get proper relax time. But it doesn´t matter much- buy them in bulk and they cost 3-5 cents anyway, so who cares? Even at 20 cents, who cares?

You can make a blade last over a year this way.. I change blades about every 6 months because for $20 I have enough blades for 2 lifetimes at this point..just order them in bulk. You can change it daily or whatever, too. I like the aggressive razors, and don´t mind shaving every other day, so it works for me. Aggressive ones shave so close you only need to shave every other day. Sounds crazy, but it´s true.

Go for all stainless razors if you can, even if they cost $70. It´ll last the rest of your life. I loved and bought the German ones for decades. Excellent designs, but only 1 problem- I live less than a 1/4 mile from the Pacific so it´s always damp here. German razors are made of "zymek" (aka pot-metal) and hard chromed.. it lasts a few years but eventually that pot-metal corrodes and forms barnacles on the chrome that destroys the razor. If I lived farther from the ocean in a basically dry climate, I´de get the German ones. The casting, quality and workmanship are superb, but corrosion resistance- not there. So I got an pure stainless one after buying 5 German razors in 25 years.

There is an artisanal scene around stainless razors. Also the japanese make some very expensive ones and have for a long time. Merkur in Germany makes a slant blade one that is their best, in my opinion, but it´s a very aggressive razor, if you have been using the plastic ones all your life. Almost an open blade.. There is a learning curve, but damn if it doesn´t get the job done, quick. Your wife or GF will never borrow it.. looks to scary.. and if she´s brave enough to try, she´ll only try once. the design is really optimized for men´s facial hair, or perhaps scraping paint off an old window sill.
September 18, 2020 at 05:22
(Aries) ram_goat » ram_goat
I never could tolerate beards on my own face..

But if I was somewhere cold I would certainly modify that
opinion. Tried to grow one a few times but I never could go
through with. Always became bothersome. But it´s warm here,
so..
September 18, 2020 at 09:37
(Aries) Wolfmoon » IIyyaarr13
Wtf I only just realised. I knew there was a conspiracy... none of them have facial hair...

Bearded faces matter! I´m taking this to the streets. BFM! BFM!

As to the argument... i don´t see the goatee as associated with being noble. IMO. Go full. Why go half way? Too much hassle to maintain :15:
September 18, 2020 at 09:41
(Aries) Wolfmoon » ram_goat
Damn thats some commitment to scraping your face. Well done.

Thats seems too much hassle. I´m normally a roll out of bed and get on with the day sort of guy.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Scorpio Scorpio
Show calendar »