Planets Speed. A sadly forgoten matter.

September 6, 2020 at 14:21 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) Ani Lavagnini
Planets Speed. A sadly forgoten matter.
When Astrology had no computer programs help, the charts were donne by hand with no calculators.
Just sexagesimal calculutations.

This was perfect! One thing an astrolger could notice by this is the planets movement and speeds.

Some ppl has retrograd planets....therefore little influence in material matters...and also...slowmotion planets...that are really working in another level in the psyche.

Has anyone ever studied this?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 6, 2020 at 19:12
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Serennu Asteroid Ephemeris still exists, it has `Speed %/day´ extremely specific speeds of Planet´s, Witte´s planets, Centaurs, TNO´s, Minor Planets and several others. Everything can be ordered by speed so when Icarus is challenging the Sun you can choose between heliocentric and geocentric speeds to know Icarus and other :154:-crossers.
September 7, 2020 at 11:50
(Sagittarius) Steve Guesshow
Yeah, I studied it. In my opinion, there are three states that works in astrology: regular movenemt, retrograde and stationary. Stationary planets are quite underestimated, and retrograde planets are often misunderstood. Personally, I like work of M.Schulman, I think he caught it with his conception of retrograde planets.
September 7, 2020 at 12:31
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I don´t know that I agree with Retrogrades those have to do with material matters. I´ve see items be stolen and returned in Retrogrades. People returning in relationships for closure or to start drama with couples. Although, I watch a lot of events and how the Retrogrades might influence situations. Relationships might get in argument in Mars in Aries and then return in Retrograde. I even went back home in the Venus in Scorpio & Jupiter in Scorpio Retrograde. (2018)And some of us were joking about the "Return of the Jedi" for some of us who have been clearing karma with certain individuals in our feminine journey.
September 7, 2020 at 13:09
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user themagi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Retrograde is a planet the individual is keen on expressing in a different manner than the majority, in a very infividualized way, and with an emphasis on REVIEWING actions and beliefs.

A Mercury retrograde person will think for himself more than the average joe.

A Mars retrograde Will act only on what they deem personally relevant and will question his/her motives more than most people. Theyll be hard to budge too.

I side with Evolutuonary Astrology on this.

Theres also a high chance Retrogrades are more intimately connected to past life karma because of it. The individual is more aware of the NEED to review their atitudes concerning this planets expression. Which is why youll ser so many Mars Retrograde people with temper issues - they are learning to review their attitudes around this funcion.

I have Jupiter retrograde and it manifests as a general need to set myself apart from others in the realm of belief sistems. Its dircetly in line with the purpose of my 9th house Moon in Gemini.....who is CONSTANTLY thinking about beliefs and poking holes in other peoples´ higher thinking and philosophies, as well as my own.

Im the guy who wont become a yoga teacher cause he doesnt want to stand for a system he cant vouch for completely. Same with astrology. My Jupiter, planet of causes and beliefs and personal philosophy, is RETROGRADE.
September 7, 2020 at 13:18
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I use speed as important factor since the beginning of astrology. It´s often hard to get data in astrology software, but all are supporting such information nowadays. Back then it was hard search in hardcover paperback red ephemeris.

Also Declinations positions and Declination aspects, Out of Bounds, and so on.

Speed is in Birth chart in a tab named "Positions"
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/b…

Adjust "Extended settings: House system, Aspects, Orbs" below the chart, including the house system, zodiac, objects, aspects etc.
September 7, 2020 at 13:33
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9
Planet speed - Monthly ephemeris / Monthly retrogradity:
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/p…
(speed lower than <0° is higlighted => retograde)

Annual Retrogradity - 2020
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/r…

My six retorgade planets are enjoying all those retrogradity greyzones :DD
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 7, 2020 at 17:05
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Yes, I have studied it extensively. This is an important topic in traditional astrology that, as far as I know, does not show up very much in "modern astrology". Of course a lot of old techniques never show up in modern astrology because they don´t know about them.

In order to study this you could read different traditional texts yourself, like Vettius Valens, Firmicus Maternus or Bonatti or Abu-Mashar OR you could get modern textbooks on traditional astrology. For example, Demetra George devotes a chapter to this subject in her "Hellenistic Astrology" and Avelar and Ribeiro devote some time to it in their book "On the Heavenly Spheres".

Basically speaking, a planet going at a quicker than average speed will arrive at the results it promises more quickly and effectively. Slower than average planets are more gradual and take place over a longer period of time. That´s a very quick and general explanation. Then there are the effects of when a planet stations and goes retrograde.

If you have an Astro software like Solar Fire, I can show you how to add the Hellenistic extensions that will show planet speeds. Otherwise, you will have to do it by hand.
September 9, 2020 at 19:00
(Virgo) Ani Lavagnini » IIyyaarr13
Thank you ! I Will definetly search it.
Im not into other planetary objects ...kyron lilith ceres pallas juno i do....but only if its a major aspect.

Astroseek has the ephemerides of speeds as well! :75: :75:

Big thanks for sharing :68:
September 9, 2020 at 19:09
(Virgo) Ani Lavagnini » ancient_astrology
OMG :78:Great AMOUNT of data has been shared here!
I love it and appreciate very truly much :75:

Those authors i havent read nor i had heard before.

Would be the perfect weekend party to read those.

Many million thanks! :12:

Also astroseek has that function in the ephemerides . Theres a check box about it. :37:

Solar fire i never used it.
I kept with Astrolog5.4 for ages....i even had emails sent tonthe developer.asking for this.... hahaha....
Then the apps era started in my country i went crazy with aquarius2go.

Now i feel happy again in this site.
Definetly i must snoop the web more!

I stick to what i know and i still dont know how on Earth i end up here! :48:

Big thanks again!!!!

Did you study yours speeds?
September 9, 2020 at 19:21
(Virgo) Ani Lavagnini » Petr9
Im so happy that all is possible in this lovely astroseek place!
Saying thank You !!! Thank You!!! It seems just not enough.

I took a short glance of your birthchart.
REALLY under the horizon all those peculiar retro treasures You are!And above it....all the personal ones.... Mercury´s retro movement at birth...
You are REALLY Something Peculiar!!!!
I cannot imagine yet how this retrotime would impact You....

Im so courius let me say...

I probably will read thoroughly your chart....
Love and Best wishes 💐✨
September 9, 2020 at 19:25
(Virgo) Ani Lavagnini » MarvinReal
Marvin Real REALLY Thank you!

Indeed helpfull your comment.

Do you use it?

The tectonic is about if they are powerfull or just little sparkling....

I think i have not powerfull planets.
They are all lazy bastards who feed themselves from cool fixed stars.
( I just told you my deepest secret....im im a good mood, may be is this astroseek site that amuses me much)

But...nope...really....any thoughts about the speed IMPORTANCE?
September 9, 2020 at 19:33
(Virgo) Ani Lavagnini » Steve Guesshow
Hi steve! Indeed i read that author.
But the movement in not regular.has speed. Faster or slower.
That is particularly my concern.
Did you know? Maybe you have a lazy planet .,. One that would not do much harm ....

Is really important to know the speed?
That i was thoght....

But since im here....i want to check with the community.

Check yours! Meditate and please share with me your ideas.

Would You?

Best regards
Ani

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »