Where is your Sun?

September 1, 2020 at 19:11 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) Anikey
Where is your Sun?
On to lighter and brighter topics (thank you, Asteroid#448!) I want to talk about the Sun :27:

Where is it in your chart and what are its aspects? I would love to hear from someone with the Sun in their 1st house :80:

Mine is in my 8th and the description here fits partially, I think:
"The Sun in the eighth house gives people profound creativity and a broader understanding of life. The Sun gives these people perceptiveness and sensitivity for the values of others. It usually means that these people will have some responsibilities in this area. They understand social values and their views correspond with this understanding. Their activities focus on the assets and resources of other people and their energy will be used on a joint venture. They may do well in financial institutions or in sociological research, for example. Either way, they are creative and inquisitive."

It is generally very nicely aspected except for that square with Pluto :39:
Sextile Mars
Conjunction Jupiter
Trine Uranus
Square Pluto
Trine Ascendant

One aspect I am not clear on is the square to the North Node, so I would appreciate some insight.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3
Sort posts:
September 1, 2020 at 19:34
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul
Good question ani and i fastly jumped here :4:
Well my sun is in scorpio and in 11th house in placidius and 12th house in whole sign. Well i get very strong life energy when i overcome problems and crisis , and i love to handle problems . I am very interested in something hidden even when i was child i always tried to find out something hidden.
And about house position. Sun shows father. My father was absent? Little bit but he was with his family , he was always with us and it was not he was absent. İ was very good friend with him. He was very strong leftists and with him always we discussed about idelogies and everything about life. In his hard times always i helped him.
I have good relationships with society. When i was in university i was in some groups and I was very active student. When i worked i had very good relationships with colleagues. I was never interested in gossips in my work. I never care of what other people do or their problems. I respect other people´s private life. For me freedom is very important and i don´t like if someone hinders my freedom. In society i respect people and people respect me. I think this is mostly 11th house trait. I always interested in politics and i always look at things from different angles.
My sun has Uranus conjunction aspect. I talked about it in Nola´s thread and don´t want to repeat it. I don´t consider sun mercury conjunction it is 10 degree different.
My sun square with moon. I have nervous relationship with mom eventhough she is good person. She just don´t like my some traits eventhough she says she is proud of me :1:but I respect her thoughts about me she sometimes tried to restrict my freedom and this causes big tension between us. Before i was very emotional person. Easily get angry and easily my heart was broken. But time to time this square has lost its effect because I think its negative effect lost or i learnt to handle it with my awarenes.
My sun trine Jupiter but 126 degree. İ am very optimist person and i mostly do what i want. I believe I have good health. I have really usually very good mood and faith.
September 2, 2020 at 00:18
(Pisces) fishscales
Sun in 6th. Only real aspect is a sextile to Mars in the 8th.

Rarely get sick. If I feel myself getting sick, I don´t sit back and accept it... I fight that shit.

Health, energy levels, and general feeling of well being are definitely connected to sex.

Most sites give me sun opposite Pluto, but it´s about a 9 degree orb, so I kind of put it on the back burner. Although I´ve read some interps that resonate quite a bit, so maybe I should rethink that.
September 2, 2020 at 02:51
(Cancer) Anikey » Promethean_Soul
That is a great placement, Prometheus, and a very accurate description of it...so for you, the 11th house interpretation is better than the 12th? From the sound of it, it fits you very well. For me, the 9th house (in WS) is far more suitable, all the descriptions of the 8th just don´t make too much sense (the same is true for my Jupiter, but he is on the cusp).

As for that square lessening, I feel the same about my Moon square Venus, and I think it also has to do with age - now that we are old :61:we are able to better handle our emotions (or at least we should be able to)

I know several of us here who have a better understanding and relationship with our fathers and much less so with our mothers, so maybe we should start a 10th/4th house thread :44:
September 2, 2020 at 03:06
(Cancer) Anikey » fishscales
Well, for me - someone who is generally unwell most of the time - this sounds like the best placement, Fishscales...

I understand there is no final concensus on orb width but I have read up to 9 for the Sun aspects so it´s definitely something to look into.

Like I said above, I have felt my oppositions and squares lessen their influence over time, so perhaps the Pluto opposition, while still generally pertaining to your personality, may have a lessened effect now.
September 2, 2020 at 03:10
(Cancer) TimeLord
I´m not under my control.
Sun Square Pluto.
Sun in Cancer 3rd House.
September 2, 2020 at 03:18
(Cancer) Anikey » TimeLord
I have the same square and although I am a control freak (mind you, that is different from actually being in control) and do have a hidden, superhero personality, like I said above, effects lessen over time, especially after 40, at least in my case.
September 2, 2020 at 04:29
(Scorpio) summerflowers
Sun in 12th house in Scorpio.
Trine Saturn
Sextile MC
Conjunct Mercury

Sun in the 12th House
The Sun in the twelfth house indicates a desire for perfection. These people usually do not get full recognition for their abilities and efforts, but they do not mind. They are satisfied with their simple, quiet life in solitude. If they become managers, they will do their job inconspicuously and with modesty. Their services to other people are an area in which they are likely to achieve recognition and satisfaction. These people are usually interested in psychology and research of psychological phenomena. Even though they may feel the need to interact with others, they often feel alienated even in the middle of a social event. It gives them the opportunity to observe, make sense of things and understand. They should not worry about fame and social status.

I´m kinda shy and serious and yes, I don´t want to be in the spotlight.
September 2, 2020 at 04:55
(Cancer) Anikey » summerflowers
Those are very nice aspects Summerflowers and it got me reading on the Sun in the 12th - I have to say, this description fits me far better than my 8th house one :61:

It sounds like it fits introverted personality types better and it´s given me a lot to think about, so thank you! :17:
September 2, 2020 at 05:55
(Cancer) TimeLord » Anikey
Couple of years to hit 40.
But I don´t think I will control anything in future either.
September 2, 2020 at 05:56
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul
Ani i forgot to say my sun is now in the sky :2:
September 2, 2020 at 06:20
(Cancer) Anikey » Promethean_Soul
:2: :61: :61: so is mine, what a coincidence :61:
September 2, 2020 at 06:37
(Pisces) N_thecat
I have Sun in 9th house. I like that placement - it is very dreamy and spiritual, so compatible with :182: nature. Sun in 9th gives me huge interest in travels, different countries, cultures and languages...And it´s good for learning...

I really like most of the things that Sun in 9th house gives me, but there is one (huge?) flaw of that placement...It´s a natural house of Sagittarius, so restlessness is not a surprise here.

Something about 9th house:

"The Ninth House

The Ninth House is opposite the Third. As with all parts of the chart, there is exquisite balance. The Third House is casual chatting about casual topics It rules short trips and early education. The Ninth house rules deep topics such as religion, philosophy and spirituality. Astrology is a Ninth House subject. The Ninth House rules international travel . It rules long journeys, both in one’s mind (that sounds great !) and in physical space. They are your proverbial “deep person”, intellectually speaking. The 8th house native is deep, emotionally, which is quite different. Back to the Ninth House, this native has one overarching question. Why am I here? What is my purpose in life? What is my purpose for even being born? If you probe in to a Ninth house heavy person, you will find this unending search to know “Why”?

OMG, so I am a "Why" - person :61:

Sun aspects:

Sun conjunct Jupiter
Sun conjunct MC
Sun square Saturn
Sun square Uranus

Sun conjunct Jupiter and MC are great aspects. That square with Saturn...I´ve always heard that Sun - Saturn are troublesome aspects, but I accept that square and it seems that I learned how to deal with it.

But Sun square Uranus is like a pain in the a*s placement,sorry for saying that...I can´t find the words to describe how bad this placement is, really :8:. One of the worst placements in my chart.
September 2, 2020 at 06:38
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul » Anikey
My sun is handsome and very strong and energetic. Stronger than your sun :2: well today i have child soul in me :75:
September 2, 2020 at 08:53
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Asteroid #448, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
On to lighter and brighter topics (thank you, Asteroid#448!) I want to talk about the Sun :27:

Anikey you´re a darling and i love the topic :80: :62:

With my latest chart sun is placed in 5th house, i think this is true to a certain point.

The Sun in the fifth house creates very creative people with a very strong desire for self-expression. It can be art, development or fertility. These people need others to notice and appreciate them. They may have a tendency to brag or they at least try to look their best. They are happy and merry people that have many friends. They may be a bit childish and sometimes they try to be more mature and subtle in order not to be so theatrical or selfish. The Sun in the fifth house gives people considerable amount of self-confidence. These people often focus on their own children or on children in general. They tend to spoil children or they pass their dreams on to them.

Current aspects are

Opposition Jupiter (8°49’, Separating)
Sextile Uranus (0°19’, Separating)
Sextile Neptune (0°56’, Applying)
Trine Pluto (5°25’, Applying)
Bi-Quintile MC (0°48’, Applying)
Quintile Node (1°21’, Separating)
Tri-Octile Chiron (1°24’, Separating)
Parallel Pluto (1°00’)

I think i have tendencies of being pathologically independent(uranus), too eager to fulfil others needs (opp jupiter), a bit dreamy (sextile neptune), creative ways of achieving my goals in life (biQ mc/q node) and the trine and parallel pluto is tremendous insight into the areas of the unknown, maybe a need for control, or description for scorpio sun. I dont say libra because my pluto sits in the constellation of ophiuchus (please see app Daft moon!) so it may be that i can heal or i am good in giving services to others.. Not much is known about this constellation..

Maybe i am to provide a service, be a doctor or an educator to fulfil my sun but also not forget how to have fun in order to be trully fulfilled (sun in 5th house) :4: :27:
September 2, 2020 at 09:45
(Taurus) dani_mae1
I have my sun in Taurus in the 5th (I gotta 5th house stellium actually).

Sun in the 5th House
The Sun in the fifth house creates very creative people with a very strong desire for self-expression. It can be art, development or fertility. These people need others to notice and appreciate them. They may have a tendency to brag or they at least try to look their best. They are happy and merry people that have many friends. They may be a bit childish and sometimes they try to be more mature and subtle in order not to be so theatrical or selfish. The Sun in the fifth house gives people considerable amount of self-confidence. These people often focus on their own children or on children in general. They tend to spoil children or they pass their dreams on to them.
Sun aspects
Bi-Quintile Jupiter (1°41’, Applying)
Opposition Saturn (4°32’, Separating)
Trine Neptune (6°16’, Separating)
Opposition Pluto (7°23’, Separating)
Quincunx MC (0°52’, Applying)
Square Lilith (1°01’, Separating)

I feel my Sun Saturn Opposition the most. Sometimes it manifests into actual people more so than not. Emotionally it supplies me with great insecurities about the self that I’ve had to overcome, not saying I’m Susie Positivity now, just better than what I was. ( I lacked believing in myself really badly).

Recently I really feel my Sun trine my Neptune.
September 2, 2020 at 11:08
(Cancer) Anikey » Asteroid #448
:4: :62:

Now that I read this description, I really like the placement of the Sun in the 5th. I don´t have any planets in my 5th so I don´t have a lot of opportunities to discover it, unless it´s through other people´s charts and experiences.

I would like to be and have more fun, just be silly at times but I find it hard... But, when I think about it, I am more fun than the people around me :61:

We should form I club of the pathologically independent :61: and I am checking out ophiuchus right now :1:

Does the profession you have chosen fulfill your Sun?
September 2, 2020 at 11:30
(Cancer) Anikey » N_thecat
Nola, I love this placement and feel my Sun naturally fits it better - it is in 9th in WS. I, too, am a Why? person - by the way, so is my daughter at this point in her toddlerhood so we are both like curious Georges :61:

I never stopped asking why and think this is a great quality as it keeps us from completely growing up, lol...

I have the Jupiter conjunction and yes, it´s the greatest combo, these two, but I wonder what´s so bad about the square to Uranus? I am very Uranian so I know all its dark and difficult moments, but how is it a pain in the ass in this case? :63:
September 2, 2020 at 11:34
(Cancer) Anikey » dani_mae1
Well, you must be fun to be around - I was just saying this is a beautiful placement for the Sun and it seems all of us here have at least one difficult aspect to it from Saturn, Pluto or Uranus. I wonder what it´s like to have an unaspected Sun or Sun in the 1st?

And how does the ttrine manifest now?
September 2, 2020 at 11:52
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » Anikey
My intuition is super on point now, it’s uncanny. I found this online and it explains the manifestation better than I can:

https://www.horoscopejoy.com/sun-tr…
September 2, 2020 at 13:10
(Cancer) Anikey » dani_mae1
Awesome, I am reading it right now! :27:
September 2, 2020 at 13:45
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user thatguy93, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I have sun in third house in libra. and my sun is in 19.41 degrees libra. and the absolute fall of the sun 18 degrees libra. but at the same time i have leo asc so my sun is the chart ruler. lol

i have sun conjunct jupiter 4 degrees

sun trine saturn also 4 degrees

and square uranus and neptune
September 2, 2020 at 15:53
(Cancer) Anikey » thatguy93
Well, that´s a great save! :61:

You are the third or fourth member here with the conjunction, it´s such a blessing and, just like the rest of us, are also "blessed" with a square - I am seeking to find someone who doesn´t have it. Perhaps it´s because of the wider orb that is used for Sun aspects? :63:
September 2, 2020 at 23:36
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user themagi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
-Anikey, Sun square North Node means you might too focused on yourself (Sun-y) comiing from past lives. Could be selfishness, show-off-y-ness etc

--------------

Sun in the 12th - and that makes it focused primarly in collective matters. When I´m most myself is when I embrace the whole world and HOLLISTIC matters. When I see myself in all. Also when I´m retreat, yes, because as a 12h Sun you can be very sensitive to the energies of this world. As a Libra Sun in this house I´m more interestd in collective issues of fairness and right relationship with one another (and also between ideas, philosophies etc) than the average joe.

Sun conjunct ASC - That makes me come across almost like a Leo Rising on top of Libra. I have a natural shine....when I´m myself I get a lot of attention....I have a powerful presence.......and also, the way I enter the world and my instinct in the world (ASC) is with my Sun.

Sun conjunct Pallas - Makes me very focused on fighting for what is right. It´s one of my definitng charecteristics and often makes me both win friendships and butt heads with some people :) But all in all a really great aspect. Some say Pallas is about soul wisdom or pattern recognition..........I feel more strongly it´s about the feminine warrior....that fights for what is right.

Sun opposite Vesta - I like this aspect. It makes me very earnest in my expression and a desire to be pure and sincere.

Sun square Neptune - I can be very fuzzy around my Sun expression - who I really am. VERY permeable to energies from all over, and as a Libra...yes from other people. On the flipside....it makes me like a chameleon as well....and super insistant on transcendence and letting go.....it´s like having that constant rememberance that I should be divinely aligned with my soul. Of course it´ll manifest differently in very unhealthy individuals...like all aspects. A square is a desire to integrate a certain quality. My Sun clearly wants to include Neptunian qualities. It´s a Pisces want-to-be :)

Sun sextile Saturn - I come across as professional, mature and leader-like in that Capricornian way. But like all sextiles, it´s something I can acess more consciously....and it can almost be there when I like it, and not so much when I don´t.

Saturn and Neptune are probably not the planets you want to aspect your Sun, if you see the Sun from the prespective of a child forming the self. I can see how it´s been the source of a lot of self-esteem issues growing up. I was feeling Saturn and Neptunian responsabilities even as a kid, and that shaped me.
September 3, 2020 at 05:41
(Cancer) Anikey » themagi
This was illuminating, Magi, thank you!

The NN square Sun just confirmed once again the crux of my movement in this lifetime - SN in Aries is the same issue of selfishness and self absorption, just like the square. To tell you the truth, the nodes interpretation made a profound change in me and gave me a clear direction, something that I lacked and this is another proof of changes I need to make.

As for the Pluto square, I think that may be the actual issue with me not feeling my Sun - I have absorbed and identified with my Plutonian qualities too much (also Scorpio rising) :44: :44:

Now I need to find the Sun in there somewhere :4:
September 3, 2020 at 05:46
(Cancer) Anikey » Anikey
Wooohooo mystery (maybe) solved! :75: :75:

Look at my reply to the Magi :3:
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar