Most Beautiful Star?

August 26, 2020 at 20:41 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul
Most Beautiful Star?
I most love fomalhaut with its beautiful colour and light. Now i see how it is shining. My first 3 list is as below. Which stars do you like most?
1- Fomalhaut
2- Sirius
3-Betelgeuse

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3
Sort posts:
August 26, 2020 at 21:53
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user themagi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Lol, they all look the same to me from down here :D
August 26, 2020 at 21:56
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul » themagi
Magi you know many people think all chinise or other Asians look like but i see they are very different from eachother. I can understand easily how stars differs from each other. I think my eyes are sharp and keen :4:
August 26, 2020 at 23:07
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
I regularly see a mile and a half above most of the atmosphere; When the sky is completely clear Sirius is very white. :27:
There is no mistaking Beth El Gi`iz for any other star; It is measured like it was an actual planet and shall not stay the same! :9:
August 26, 2020 at 23:24
(Gemini) Neon_Mage
Antares is certainly very eye-catching with it´s red tint and sparkly luminosity. Yeah, I´ll go with Antares.
August 26, 2020 at 23:32
(Virgo) Nani Lei
I’m gonna say

Sirius - The Dog :78:

It’s easy to find if you can locate Orion’s Belt. It was also an important zenith star for Hawaiian navigators. They called it “A’a” according to the following resource:

http://www.hokulea.com/education-at…

Have you heard of Hōkūleʻa?

It’s a voyaging canoe and a story with a happy ending, if you’re interested. A story of how modern Hawaiians revived the legacy of exploration that brought the first Polynesians to Hawai’i. In 2019 they returned from a worldwide voyage using only non-instrument wayfinding and a star compass.

http://www.hokulea.com/worldwide-vo…

Please tell me about formalhaut?
August 26, 2020 at 23:42
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » Nani Lei
My father talked a lot about Fomalhaut, I only pretended to listen, it is distinctly possible that the chart he would have had had he not been swapped at birth had Fomalhaut prominent! :81:
August 26, 2020 at 23:48
(Virgo) Nani Lei » IIyyaarr13
Bummer it was swapped :24: Do you see any correlation to your chart?
August 27, 2020 at 00:35
It wasn´t a bummer for me not knowing what kind of Southerner he was really related to! Fomalhaut is associated with one of the Arch-Angels and is in the beginning of :182: on my natal descendant, I probably shouldn´t ignore it!
August 27, 2020 at 00:49
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Promethean_Soul
System message: Post has been written by user themagi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Have you tried seeing the different shades of white in the snow and name them, like the Eskimos do ? :4:

Actually I never really looked at the stars properly.
August 27, 2020 at 01:32
(Gemini) Neon_Mage
By the way, for anyone who happens to be an amateur skywatching enthusiast like me, there´s a really handy app you can download called Sky Map. It´s exactly what it says on the name. It´s nice to have if you want to know for sure what it is you´re looking at.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/…
August 27, 2020 at 02:09
(Virgo) Nani Lei » IIyyaarr13
Found this:

Fomalhaut

Notes: A reddish star in the mouth of the Southern Fish. From Fum al Hut, "the Fish´s Mouth." It was one of the four Royal Stars of Persia in 3000 B.C., when as the Watcher of the South it marked the winter solstice. [Robson*, p.165.]

According to Ptolemy, it is of the nature of Venus and Mercury; and, to Alvidas, of Jupiter in square to Saturn from Pisces and Sagittarius. It is said to be very fortunate and powerful and yet to cause malevolence of sublime scope and character, and change from a material to a spiritual form of expression. Cardan stated that together with the stars rising with 12 Gemini it gives an immortal name. [Robson*, p.165-166.]

It has a Mercury-Venus character with a blending of Neptune influence. According to tradition, this star is of quite variable effect, either very good or very bad, depending on the overall cosmic structure. It is assumed, however, that the helpful influence is the greater one and if in conjunction with Mercury, it is said to stimulate mental capabilities and promise success as a writer or scientist. On the Ascendant and in good aspect, tradition has it that this star will make for ´fame´ and a name ´remembered forever´. In conjunction with Venus, there will be advantages in artistic pursuits. A conjunction with Jupiter or on the MC will bring favor from dignitaries of the church. Tied up with either Sun or Moon, the influence of Fomalhaut is said to be quite marked. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.78.]

If rising or culminating: Great and lasting honors. [Robson*, p.166.]

With Sun: Dissipated, easily influenced by low companions, gain through inheritance but unproductive of good, may suffer for some crime committed, danger of bites from venomous creatures. [Robson*, p.166.]

With Moon: Secret business causing much trouble and enmity, but eventual gain after many difficulties. The separation is more benefic than the application. [Robson*, p.166.]

With Mercury: Many losses and disappointments, unlucky in business, better servant than master, writes or receives secret letters, worry through slander, imprisonment or damaged reputation, domestic difficulties, sickness of a Saturnian nature. [Robson*, p.166.]

Success as a scientist or writer. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.78.]

With Venus: Secret and passionate love affairs, some restriction in the life, disappointments, easily led astray. [Robson*, p.166.]

With Mars: Malevolent, passionate, revengeful, many secret enemies, liable to disgrace and ruin, danger of bites from venomous creatures. [Robson*, p.166.]

With Jupiter: Sympathetic, charitable, honors in the Church, Freemasonry or secret societies, many voyages. [Robson*, p.166.]

With Saturn: Accidents, ailments affecting the lungs, throat and feet, loss through enemies, friends, Mercurial affairs, bands and companies, wrongfully accused, affairs involved at end of life, sudden death and family cheated out of their rights. [Robson*, p.166.]

With Uranus: Unstable, wasted talents, evil environment, unpractical ideas, loses friends, addicted to drugs or intoxicants, utopian schemes, afflicted marriage partner, brings misfortune to associates, fatally injured by electricity, explosion or accident. [Robson*, p.167.]

With Neptune: Sharp, shrewd, self-seeking, analytical, detective ability, many secret enemies, connected with secret affairs or government work, occult interests, somewhat dishonest, influential friends, associated with 9th and 12th house affairs, gain through speculation, death of marriage partner, many narrow escapes, violent death through secret enemies. [Robson*, p.167.]
August 27, 2020 at 02:21
(Virgo) Nani Lei » Neon_Mage
Thanks for the reference to Sky Map.

You ever seen one of these? I bought it for a camping trip. It takes a little time to figure it out but, it’s pretty cool and works if you don’t have internet service :15:
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
August 27, 2020 at 02:26
(Cancer) Merp
Merpelguese :24:
August 27, 2020 at 02:55
Heliocentrically my natal :154: jumps 44 degrees to the South side of Fomalhaut. Called Archangel Gabriel by some it makes for a gameboard corner to the Zodiac! It rhymes more with ´Pizza the Hut´ than it does Fomalo!
August 27, 2020 at 03:33
(Gemini) Neon_Mage » Nani Lei
I know that they exist. Never actually seen one for sale. 😂 Would be handy to have one just in case.
August 27, 2020 at 03:35
(Cancer) Anikey
I am also going with Sirius...I have a sentimental attachment to it, plus it´s only one small degree away from my exalted Jupiter and together they have guided me through many a dark time :79:
August 27, 2020 at 04:38
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul » Nani Lei
Nani i read I think hokulea is capella. İf so it is really very shining and beautiful star.
Fomalhaut is under aquarius constellation, from here we can see it nearly midnight. When it starts to be seen , it becomes very fantastic. İt seems here blue but some says red and i don´t understand how red , i believe my eyes are good.
I hear in hawai sky are very visible and I guess you can see there our galaxy and clouds. Last weekend we were our uncle´s mountain House which is 1200 metter above sea and each night i watched more than 3 hours sky. This is really awesome. Btw i saw algol fixed star and why people were afraid of them i didn´t understand.
August 27, 2020 at 05:00
(Scorpio) Jessijessi504
Antares is my favorite
Sirius and Capella for the way they twinkle when lower in the sky
August 27, 2020 at 05:02
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul » Neon_Mage
Mage have you ever tried star walk 2 application. This is wonderful and its music is deep and very interesting. I strongly advice people to use this application. İt shows also constellations. :1:
August 27, 2020 at 05:04
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
Jupiter is extra bright and big here tonight.

:156:
August 27, 2020 at 05:05
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul » Jessijessi504
Antares with its red colour and similar looks with mars , very very beautiful star. And constellation of Scorpio also amazing. I like constellation Sagittarius most because it contains clouds of milky way galaxy and inside it so many stars. I also clearly see its bow and you know Jessi i like bows. Elf blood :3:
August 27, 2020 at 05:07
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul » Leo Moon
Leo last month i didn´t sleep early and before sunrise i watched Venus and she is shining so much. She is so beautiful. :1:
August 27, 2020 at 05:09
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul » Merp
Merp I think you will like merpius, merpares, mergulus , merpturus , merpica stars like also :1:
August 27, 2020 at 05:44
(Scorpio) Jessijessi504 » Promethean_Soul
Algol has the blinking demon eye lol, supposedly it is either with you or against you; or that’s at least how I was told of its nature. It is a popular talisman of protection.
Poor Medusa 😓🐍
August 27, 2020 at 06:02
(Taurus) fomal » Promethean_Soul
I like the Perpendicular Bisector figure made by Betelguese at one end and Rigel at the opposite end while three stars ina straight line including Alnilam ( all visible in Orion group of stars )
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »