Science or Art or Both

August 11, 2020 at 20:58 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) Trevor77
Science or Art or Both
Is astrology a Science, Art, A Belief or all 3?

Would like to hear others opinions?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
August 11, 2020 at 21:56
(Virgo) Nani Lei
My answer is...all of the above :3:

But, I’d like to add that it is also a tool. And like anything, it all depends on what you’re using it for. For me, it has opened up doors to many positives. It has provided the opportunity to create friendships and exchange ideas and philosophy. Knowing exactly where I stand in this universe by perspective of astronomy is grounding, humbling and maybe even spiritual. I don’t believe that every description in my natal chart is true but, I have been able to use some of them to identify feelings. There is a voice inside of me that can not deny some truths. We are beautiful and complicated beings. The answers are always within. After all, we are stardust. It all depends on what we choose to leave behind.
August 11, 2020 at 22:09
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Asteroid #448, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Hmm a pseudo-science. Using scientific methods but nothing is "proven" yet so can´t be classified as science
August 12, 2020 at 00:18
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » Asteroid #448
:98:Gauquelin stayed pretty damn close to what could be proven with logging naked eye views! He went beyond French subjects, because the French weren´t good enough for international investigators! The other Astrologer´s beefed on Gauquelin for too much Empirical Logical Positivism when they themselves simply "believed" in Astrology as a "faith" :16: :76: :16: Astrology in the 2Oth century was the mirror of Science Fiction because mostly men were into Sci Fi while their female counterparts were into Astrology :34: :45: :34: Now ALL is rainbow diversity!
:40::49: :40: :66: :40: :48: :40: :92: :40: :67: :40: :108: :40:
August 12, 2020 at 00:23
(Pisces) fishscales
Science and art.

I don´t put much stock in "beliefs." They are essentially opinions. I think that astrology transcends "opinion" for anyone who has a modicum of knowledge about it, as well as a little bit of intuition.
August 12, 2020 at 00:36
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I believe it´s a science since Celestial Navigation will chime in that reasoning since if you watch the video it´s pretty much talking about similar global positing, latitude, longitude, etc.

They use the Nautical Almanac which I find is kind of similar to the ephemeris. Ah the Navy used in the 40´s training on YT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch/…

Then it correlates with the Criminal/Forensic Astrology right now using certain tools and maps.

Then Good Old Astronomy.

Art...I think it´s art in the sense you have to master it and pretty much be dedicated to the technical, mechanical, and the details of archetypes. A lot to learn about it. You don´t learn it all at once.

The belief for me anyway is watching transits and events and how they correlate with geographical locations, observing relationships, finances, and studying charts.

As i demonstrated already with the death of a fly. Now a fly is a bug, but obviously it was a Capricorn who killed it and the transits matched the event. Air in the fist house.

Now it even shows in the horary chart I just made the friends are Aries in the 11th house and we´re both the Aries in Chiron Tribe. And Again North Node Gemini typing on my computer and Venus in Cancer.

So sure, it´s kind of weird idea a fly can be hanging around me while I work on my 11th house of Gemini and a fly comes to help me learn something here about the 11th house of Communications with my friends.

Ha ha! Maybe it´s to say a Fly has a karmic duty and responsibility in this life time to help prove astrology is a science and somehow a spiritual significance with a little house fly. :61: :61: :61:
YouTube
YouTube
August 12, 2020 at 12:04
(Leo) Anni23
Well the thing is that usually both science or art works to fuel belief of a sort. And because of that both have a utility outside of themselves.

So astrology is kind of just a combination that is worked into a belief system as per every other damned nihilistic, scientific, religious or spiritual belief.. It´s hard to believe in anything at all, even "everyday" human structures, though some level of empirical data helps to suggest there might be some order. And I have been surprised to see that astrology does have a more complex system that looks almost purely scientific even if it´s not.
August 12, 2020 at 14:07
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
It is not a science, nor should it be. Symbols can be interpreted a number of ways and trying to create a science out of astrology would just destroy that. Astrology would need to be falsifiable to be a science and the plethora of interpretations limit the possibility of that being a possibility.

Gauqelin did a great service by showing some validity of astrology through statistics, however, I think if you wouldn´t down that path too far, it would end up weakening astrology.

Astrology is a system of symbols and hermeneutics. It´s not a science.
August 12, 2020 at 20:05
(Cancer) Trevor77 » ancient_astrology
More of a symbolic language then :4:
August 12, 2020 at 20:10
(Virgo) Nani Lei
Hey Trevor!

What are your thoughts?
August 12, 2020 at 20:12
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user spiral, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
It starts as an intuition and becomes a tool
August 15, 2020 at 16:02
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » IIyyaarr13
System message: Post has been written by user Asteroid #448, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Me: :61: :61:

Brain: :25: :63: :23:

Me: :61: :61: :61:

Brain: :43: :47: :85: :28:

Me: :61: :61: :61: :61:

brain:*commits mass suicide*
August 15, 2020 at 16:22
(Cancer) Trevor77 » Nani Lei
I see it as very similiar to any clock, but shows the time of the universe as opposed to the day. Just a complicated version
August 15, 2020 at 16:41
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » ancient_astrology
Since we´re heading into Aquarius let´s say we´re pioneering into new territory. Do we just leave it at that of old sages and keep calling it a pseudoscience that is fiction and entertainment. While criminal astrologists are actually finding missing persons and finding suspects.

I believe Astrologers will keep pushing the boundaries and expanding how far they can go with it in Aquarius Pluto. Nothing every stays in the same place and you have so many Millennial´s doing research with it and other generations. Obviously, it´s going to produce something through experimentation and seeing the results long-term here.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »