Astrology School?

July 30, 2020 at 17:07 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) Chanaynay53
Astrology School?
If I wanted to pursue a career in this and learn more advanced techniques, where should I go?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 30, 2020 at 17:13
(Aries) astro-flame
This is where I am studying now

https://www.astrology.org.uk/

you can go for a certificate and then continue studying to get your diploma
July 30, 2020 at 17:45
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Dharma212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
You don´t necessarily need to go to any "school" in order to do astrology at a professional level. Many world famous astrologers didn´t study at any school. And certainly, you don´t need a diploma in order to do astrology for a living.

Does it help to have one? Perhaps, but it is certainly not a prerequisite.

Having the correct books from the correct individuals is about 60-70% of it. The rest is just doing lots and lots of readings.

You are a very smart Virgo Sun trine an 8th house Uranus. You have your own mind about things. The "Self-taught route" might work better for an individual like you.

You just need the correct books, perhaps someone to guide you along the way whenever you feel stuck, and doing lots of readings. Don´t feel fearful to make mistakes; that´s part of the process. Just do lots of readings in here.

You can always contact me for anything.

I have a friend who started her astrology practice during the curfew. She has absolutely no "formal" training, but she is good and have an excellent Gemini mind like yours. And her practice is doing great! She even quit her job and everything.

So I know what I am taking about. And like her, I know many. Like "Hannah Elsewhere", etc.

Just trust your intellect. I believe you are very smart.
July 30, 2020 at 20:08
(Virgo) Chanaynay53 » Dharma212
Thank you for all the advice! The thing is, I have no idea what a reading even looks/sounds like... I don’t know where to begin, how to make it flow. And I feel like there’s people on this site that know so much more about it than I do, and I didn’t know where they were getting their information. I’ve been studying it for two years by myself and I’ve hit a dead end, I don’t know what to learn next. So I figured school was the route.
July 30, 2020 at 22:27
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Chanaynay53
System message: Post has been written by user Dharma212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"Thank you for all the advice!"

Sure! You are most welcome!

"The thing is, I have no idea what a reading even looks/sounds like... I don’t know where to begin, how to make it flow."

Yes, I understand. There is no "standard" approach to doing a reading; every astrologer has his/her own unique style and method. You need to find your own.

Also, readings can be different depending on what our clients want to emphasize, or depending on their specific questions. A "Full Reading" of everything, is too much; most astrologers only do specific readings. In order to really cover the complete chart would take several pages!! (almost a pamphlet).

So any reading should start with an "objective", a purpose, a goal:

1. Love reading - can include the potentials for a fulfilling love life, or the lack of it, and the recommendations to deal with it. This could or not include "Love Transits": what specific periods seem more auspicious for romance.

2. General transits readings - This doesn´t necessarily mean ALL the transits, of course, but the most important ones, which usually are the "long transits".

3. Transits reading focused on work, career, and/or finances.

4. As in #4 but related to health issues, surgeries, etc.

5. Compatibility analysis - covers synastries, composites, and a chart-to-chart analysis.

6. Career and life direction analysis - Helping the client to understand his/her true vocation/calling in life. Most people don´t have a clue. I specialize in this one and in compatibility analysis. I don´t do astrology for a living (so far all my readings have been for free), but I do readings every day, 7 days a week. And some would say that I am not that bad at it, haha.

7. Relocation reading - Determining the potentials for relocation, the best times for it, and the best cities, according to our clients´ specific relocation goals.

8. Past lives analysis - Also called "Evolutionary Astrology". This covers the possible roles we played in our past lives, the specific Karmic patterns to deal with, and the possible "Soul Mission" this lifetime.

9. Chart Rectification - A very specialized technique not every professional astrologer is trained to do.

Etc, etc, etc….

See? There is just not ONE type of reading, and certainly, not just ONE method to do a reading. As you practice, you start to develop your own style, and you might even want to specialize in just one or two of the above list. Some astrologers just do compatibility analysis, or Chart rectification, or career analysis. Of course, the more fields you cover, the more potential clients. It is up to you.

Me? I prefer to specialize in young professionals doing career analysis for them. Because we need those young individuals to have direction in life so that they can be effective members of society. I am very good at compatibility, but honestly? Most people are way too immature in their relationships department to even be able to understand a compatibility analysis, and to be able to understand and follow the recommendations.

And I don´t know about you, but I prefer to have gains/wins/success as an astrologer, instead of having constant frustrations, haha. Because let me tell you, humans are VERY weird creatures in romantic relationships, haha. Oh boy; it is just a little too much for me. That´s why I love singlehood, haha.

Anyway, I think you have an idea of what I am trying to tell you. But feel totally free to message me, and I can get you to read some random charts for me, and I can guide you while you do. I would pick up the charts of those I know really well, to determine your degree of accuracy, and start from there.

I just love sharing all my knowledge with others. I hold nothing back because I don´t believe in "competition". As far as I am concerned, we are a huge team that depend on one another. So I prefer inclusion over separateness.

I am no "expert" in any way, shape, or form. And certainly, I am no one´s "Guru". Hell no; I want free independent thinkers who don´t see me as better than they are, and who see me as their equal. I don´t want to have "Yes, sir" kind of students. I just hate to be agreed with in everything; that´s just so uninteresting, dull, and lacking in self-confidence. But I love teaching those independent free thinkers who are 100% willing to challenge what I tell them.

So if you are such an individual, and if you really keep an independent mind and are willing to challenge me in everything, then by all means, do message me. I don´t have much available time left, but I can always create some room for those who want to do what they are really passionate about in life.

"And I feel like there’s people on this site that know so much more about it than I do, and I didn’t know where they were getting their information."

I´ve been following you since you signed up; I always do with the ones I feel have what it takes. And trust me, you are good enough. I would not be wasting my time if I thought you were not. I never waste my time, :-).

"I’ve been studying it for two years by myself and I’ve hit a dead end, I don’t know what to learn next. So I figured school was the route."

It is up to you, of course. That´s totally an individual decision you need to make. But I could offer you a list of the best books, and a logical order to follow. And you can message me on anything you don´t feel too certain about from those books. And you could practice doing readings with me, if you want to. I only do these for very, very few individuals that I "feel" have both, the intellect, and the noble heart. And the humble character. And I believe you have the 3.

So, up to you, my friend! :-).
July 30, 2020 at 22:56
You are an angel!! I cant even begin to express my gratitude for the time you took out your day to help me out. That shit is not natural for an Aries south node, so im like shocked that you would do that for me. Thank you. I will have to read it a couple times to comprehend fully (mercury square neptune problems perhaps)
I hope you get some great karma soon
July 30, 2020 at 22:58
I feel so flattered someone noticed me haha!! I will definitely be messaging you in the near future ok?? <3
July 30, 2020 at 23:07
=====
"I feel so flattered someone noticed me haha!!"

I see, haha. I can notice a noble heart from thousands miles away, :-).

"I will definitely be messaging you in the near future ok?? <3"

Sure, :15:. It would be my honor, :29:.
July 30, 2020 at 23:15
=====
""You are an angel!!"

Perhaps a falling angel who became a sinner here on Earth, haha. But thanks, :-).

"I cant even begin to express my gratitude for the time you took out your day to help me out."

It is always my pleasure.

"That shit is not natural for an Aries south node, so im like shocked that you would do that for me."

Actually, it is an Aries North Node, :-). My South Node is in Libra; my saving grace for that impulsive and a bit aggressive Aries North Node, haha.

Besides, there is more in you that you even realize yourself, :-).

"Thank you."

Sure; you are most welcome!

"I will have to read it a couple times to comprehend fully (mercury square neptune problems perhaps)"

Oh, but it is great for poetry, creativity, and even for deep psychology, :-).

"I hope you get some great karma soon"

Thanks! I really need it, haha, :-).
July 30, 2020 at 23:31
Oh yes i was referring to my own south node! I never expect generosity from others because of it. Im working on my selfish, survival at all costs, me first attitude but it still surprises me when others are genuinely supportive and kind. Saturn in the 11th makes me a lonely soul too. I believe you had Saturn in the 5th?
July 30, 2020 at 23:43
=====
"Oh yes i was referring to my own south node!"

Oh, I see!

"I never expect generosity from others because of it."

Yes, I get it now.

"Im working on my selfish, survival at all costs, me first attitude..."

Hey, welcome to the club, haha. I need to work on those areas as well.

"...but it still surprises me when others are genuinely supportive and kind."

Perhaps you attract what you really are, :-).

"Saturn in the 11th makes me a lonely soul too."

Oh, yes; it can be though in the 11th. I know a few who have that placement, and they are loners.

"I believe you had Saturn in the 5th?"

Mine is in my 12th in Whole Signs. And debilitated in Aries - a very tough combination/placement to say the least!! Mostly about solitude, but it also includes things only a psychiatrist would fully understand, haha.
July 31, 2020 at 02:48
Oh okay! That does sound like a tough combination lol.. well i am delighted to have a new friend who is fluent in astrology haha! I feel like, with you, i can finally talk in the way that my brain thinks. The people around me have no clue what im saying if i try to actually speak about it, so i usually just dont.
July 31, 2020 at 03:02
(Virgo) Chanaynay53 » astro-flame
Hey hun i forgot to thank you for the tip!! I am checking out their page now. thanks again
July 31, 2020 at 05:07
(Aries) astro-flame » Chanaynay53
You´re welcome :27: Good luck with your studies! (in whichever school you end up choosing)
August 1, 2020 at 01:50
(Gemini) leonardOcean3 » Dharma212
do you have any work. Gemini Sun Virgo Asc here and i myself am also looking to start some courses. on a strict-STRICT. afraid if i don’t get a jump on this higher learning, my Mercury in Taurus will probably drive me to losing my mind along with many other life-searched blessings that i already have..
pls help!!!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Aquarius Aquarius
Show calendar »