Super random question AstroSeek

July 26, 2020 at 14:14 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user themagi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Super random question AstroSeek
What´s with the irregularly-colored aspects in AstroSeeks chart?

Why are some trines and sextiles bolded, while others are not? Is it a bug or what?

Fanks :)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 26, 2020 at 14:21
(Gemini) Neon_Mage
You mean the solid black square around some aspects? Those are exact aspects.
July 26, 2020 at 14:25
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Neon_Mage
System message: Post has been written by user themagi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I mean the red/blue lines sometimes are bold sometimes are thin without apparent logic.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
July 26, 2020 at 14:33
(Gemini) Neon_Mage » themagi
Yeah, I think they´re exact aspects.
July 26, 2020 at 14:35
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Neon_Mage
=====
Which ones? The bold ones are exact? Exact as in STRICTLY exact? Like EXACTLY 120º (no more, no less) for a trine?

If so, that´s intersting, but that´s weird too since I have a so-called mystic rectangle in my chart.....with SN and NN connected by two trines and sextiles.......and the top half of the trine/sextile is bolded, while the bottom one isn´t....and they should be the exact same angles.
July 26, 2020 at 14:55
(Gemini) Neon_Mage » themagi
Yes, I´ve noticed that the bold aspects have less than a 1º variation.
Hmmm, maybe they don´t color in aspects to the nodes...? Anyone can confirm/disconfirm? :63:
July 26, 2020 at 15:47
(Scorpio) Angelina
I thought bolded lines are for exact aspects. In my chart bolded are for one to one degree aspect and 1 degree apart. But now I have checked my chart and not all exact or 1 degree apart aspects are bolded. So I don´t even know now why is it so :63:
July 26, 2020 at 18:50
(Gemini) Neon_Mage
Alright, I think I figured it out.

So, if you open up your chart, you´ll notice that it doesn´t show aspects to the asteroids/points/angles by default. You have to check them manually in the settings. Same thing for minor aspects. You´ll have to check those too.
After you´ve done that, your chart should have a bunch more bold lines in it. Which does indeed indicate an exact aspect (between 0º and 1º variation). That means if you have an aspect that is sitting at 1º01´, you don´t get a bold line for that aspect.

Now that seems to be the general case for the major aspects. The only problem I´ve come across is that this rule does not seem to apply to all of the minor aspects, particularly quincunxs. :195: does not seem to get a bold line no matter how exact it is for whatever reason. Maybe even among minor aspects, it´s considered so minor that it isn´t worth having a bold line? :63: I dunno, seems kinda sad for poor old :195:.
July 26, 2020 at 19:38
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » Neon_Mage
The inconjunct or quinx does not have orb like :191:, :192:, :193:, or :194:!
Astro-Charts will thicken the lines of quincunxes to show more strength in a minor aspect.
Loose Orb Astrology and Tight Orb Astrology can be like different animals!
There may be some folks (usually men) who do not distinguish the bright green lines from the olive green lines used here at Astro-Seek!
I am tempted to get up on my soapbox to declare that the sextile ( :198:) is in actuality a minor aspect, but I have done that in a previous thread!
July 27, 2020 at 10:56
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » Neon_Mage
Now that seems to be the general case for the major aspects.
===
yop, that´s the main reason :15:
major aspects with <1°00´ orb are highlighted by bold lines.

minor aspects have pretty tight/small orbs (2.5°) ... so if they appear in the chart => it means, that they are quite exact and I decided to not to bold them.

The only problem I´ve come across is that this rule does not seem to apply to all of the minor aspects, particularly quincunxs. :195:
===
and so I "unbolded" quincunx manually and it´s no more bold anymore (it was the only one minor aspect here in the past) ... but I didn´t apply this "unbold" function to other minor aspects yet (all other minor aspects 72°, 144°, 45°, 135° were added here lately and I will unbold them step by step later)

poor old discriminated quincunx :195: :4:
July 27, 2020 at 12:54
(Gemini) Neon_Mage » Petr9
Our lord hath spoken! :75:
Mystery solved then.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini