Balsamic Moon

July 11, 2020 at 16:43 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) Ruby Tuesday
Balsamic Moon
Are there any balsamic moon people here? My chart is extremely karmic in terms of relationships even without my balsamic moon phase. I´ve got my 7th house ruler conjunct the south node. I´ve been wondering how many people here are having a hard time with relationships and have this moon phase natally? We´re supposed to be tying up loose ends and ending a karmic cycle. Unfortunately, even though successful long term relationships probably aren´t in the cards for me, I´ve been given a Libra moon and a Venus conjunct Neptune and Jupiter. It´s conjunct the point of fortune too. I´m guessing that means love probably will never make me happy... and yet it´s what I long for the most. It seems like cruel karma to me. I must have been a real piece of work in my past life. lol 😭Anyway, what are other people´s experiences with their own balsamic moon? That´s what I´d really like to know.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 11, 2020 at 17:34
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild
This is an interesting post to me, as the thought processes you describe here are almost identical to some of mine. That feeling of karmic resonance, the sense that this lifetime might be some kind of punishment, or a payment of heavy debt, and the question of whether isolation and unfulfillment are simply my lot in this life -- I can relate to all of that.
In my case, my Descendant ruler is the Sun. I have a stellium (or cluster, depending how you define these things) involving my Sun, Jupiter, Chiron, and balsamic Moon -- with my Venus, Mercury, and South Node occupying the same region of the chart. Meanwhile, I have Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune all retrograde and together in opposition to my cluster planets (especially Moon, Chiron, and Jupiter). Meanwhile, I´ve got Pluto retrograde in a tight trine with my Moon, and Mars trining Uranus while squaring my Nodes (and, loosely, my Sun).
Overall I feel like there´s an answer in there somewhere, not just to describe *how* I´ve been cut off from the rest of the world and disconnected from the ability to achieve, but to explain *why* this is. But I´ve yet to discover this answer for myself, and so the best I can do in the meantime is embrace the process, including the struggle.
July 11, 2020 at 17:43
(Pisces) fishscales
I wouldn´t give up hope.

I´m born under a balsamic moon, and I´m married, although it took me a long time to arrive at the correct relationship for me. And yes, looking back, it seemed as though I had a lot of loose ends to tie up with people relationship-wise, even though at the time I was going through it, it was frustrating because I could not find any kind of lasting satisfaction.

Remember, also, that the relationship that is right for you may not come packaged as you might expect...and it may feature things that you may not think you wanted, but in fact, actually needed all along...

But I think saying that balsamic moon people will just have to settle on a life without romantic love is just untrue... Everyone´s karma is different.

It bears mentioning that as many times as we´ve all been here, our individual karmic records are an absolute mess...and the balsamic moon person may bear the brunt of that in a more immediate and rapid-fire way than other people, since they were supposedly born under a ´karmic culmination" phase.
July 11, 2020 at 17:50
(Scorpio) Ruby Tuesday » SaturnineMoonchild
Mine stems from abuse of power. I´ve pretty much got that figured out by now. I´ve got the same issue. Not being permitted to express my sun. It´s also conjunct my mc. The nodal axis is conjunct my mc/ic exact. So, clearly with the sun being on my mc and south node within a degree and from the shape of my chart, the path is set up for me to find my humanity. I´ve expected to be put in some position of authority again, but I still couldn´t express my sun/ego without experiencing total ruin. Bringing over that much leadership experience would be a total waste otherwise. The fact that I´ve got such delicate placements mixed with a mars on my ascendant squaring Pluto is pretty telling. I´m someone who feels extremely lost in terms of my path. The second half of life is of more importance to someone with a sun/south node conjunction anyway. My second house falls in pisces. So, money isn´t my aim at all this time. It´s spiritual fulfillment through whatever I do to accumulate wealth. I just don´t know what if anything I´m meant to do this time. When you go out on top the last time, where else is there to go? I´m terrified of recognition of any kind this time around. I just want to disappear in a room full of people so they can´t see me, but it seems like, as I said before, it would be such a waste of all the talents I´ve racked up in past lives. I´ve read a lot about all this and it all makes perfect sense, but at this point I´m just waiting. For what I´m not sure. I guess for the fog to dissipate and the path to become clear. If it exists at all. Acceptance of fate is what I´ve struggled with my whole life. I´m only now realizing that though. Letting go is the hardest part of life.
July 11, 2020 at 17:51
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild » fishscales
"But I think saying that balsamic moon people will just have to settle on a life without romantic love is just untrue"

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The feeling of disconnectedness and of karmic burden, and the ensuing existential crises, I feel are just part of the process. The trickiest part is to accept these processes without succumbing to them.
July 11, 2020 at 17:52
(Pisces) fishscales » SaturnineMoonchild
"...and so the best I can do in the meantime is embrace the process, including the struggle."

Embracing the struggle, as you say, is a good place to come from, I´ve always thought...

It basically comes down to controlling what you can control and accepting that which you can´t...

The tricky part is being able to tell the difference
July 11, 2020 at 17:54
(Scorpio) Ruby Tuesday » fishscales
Thank you for giving me some hope. I greatly appreciate it. I´m glad you found what you needed in terms of love. It´s good to know we´re not all just here to give up and let go. lol
July 11, 2020 at 18:12
(Virgo) rohini moon
I don´t know much about the "balsamic moon" but I do have the north node - better known as Rahu conjunct my moon, in Vedic astrology, we are what they call Rahu-Moons.

Sounds like what you are describing..the nodes - Rahu or Ketu conjunct the moon, in that case, yep I have it.

In another case, I just really want a salad with some balsamic vinaigrette now :3:
July 11, 2020 at 18:14
(Pisces) fishscales » Ruby Tuesday
"It´s good to know we´re not all just here to give up and let go."

Ah but letting go is something different...sometimes letting go is a good thing...we often only get what we want when we stop wanting it...and "it" often comes packaged a bit differently than what we thought we wanted...

If you think about it, all of our negative karma is caused by our desires anyway... They can cause us to mistreat others, even if it´s inadvertent...or they can cause us to mistreat ourselves...by not being as happy as we can be because our desires remain unfulfilled...there are all kinds of pitfalls to wanting things, if you really step back and think about it..

Best to take a detached, dispassionate approach to things... The "expect nothing and you´ll never be disappointed" approach...
July 11, 2020 at 18:17
(Virgo) rohini moon » fishscales
The "expect nothing and you´ll never be disappointed" approach...

It also lessens any resentment that may crop up...resentment stems from one´s expectations not being met. That all goes away if you have no expectations.

Let the chips fall where they may.
July 11, 2020 at 18:18
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild » rohini moon
Balsamic moon is essentially the same thing as a waning crescent. It´s said that people born under this moon have reached the end of a soul cycle, a period where tying up loose ends and resolving karmic issues become a more pronounced focus of the lifetime, before entering into the next soul cycle for the next life.

That´s my understanding anyway. There is doubtlessly more to it than that.
July 11, 2020 at 18:24
(Virgo) rohini moon » SaturnineMoonchild
Ah, ok. Nope I was born 3 days before on a last quarter..
July 11, 2020 at 18:25
"Best to take a detached, dispassionate approach to things... The "expect nothing and you´ll never be disappointed" approach..."

From my own experience, I think this is an important step in the process. However, I also think it must be counterbalanced by some measure of hope and faith, and indeed perseverance. If the soul remains detached from this existence, how is the soul then to gain or contribute anything of value?
I personally strive to feel the full scope of emotion in the human experience, both the good and the bad, while maintaining that detached, objective outlook you described. With this in mind, I might add to your statement: "Expect nothing, but strive for everything."
July 11, 2020 at 18:56
I totally agree. I´ve been living my life expecting nothing but disappointment from the start and I can attest to the fact that denying our desires is not ever going to bring us happiness of any kind. I think for myself, with Jupiter and Venus in Cap, my happiness is only going to be found in helping others achieve their own. If we have no desires to be met, we have no lust for life and we lack purpose. That´s a wasted life.
July 11, 2020 at 19:16
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild » Ruby Tuesday
"happiness is only going to be found in helping others achieve their own"

I think this is a healthy mindset, and it is similar to the one I´ve been developing.
Chiron features prominently in the most difficult configurations of my chart. As such, the "wounded healer" archetype resonates very strongly with me, and I think it is very much linked to my purpose.
The only thing I would add is, that while we may gain happiness from helping and healing others, our happiness shouldn´t be entirely dependent on the happiness of others. Each person´s journey is unique, and not everyone is ready to be helped or be healed in an immediate sense. However, our efforts can definitely contribute to their fulfillment in the long run. A person who rejects or resists our help today might look back on it years from now, and that memory may give them the extra bit of encouragement needed for them to grow.
So in this sense, I think it is important to give others genuine care and effort to make them happy, but to detach ourselves from the immediate outcome -- as that can be a source of disappointment for us. Others will come to happiness and fulfillment in their own time; our happiness should not come from being able to directly observe this, but from knowing that we made a genuine effort to help, and that no matter how small, our contribution made a difference -- even if we don´t get to witness it ourselves.
July 11, 2020 at 19:32
But what is the soul?

I´m not denying it´s existence, but what is it?

I tend to think of it as a spark, or drop, of divinity that is meant to make its way back to the source...

It is not our mind, emotions, and it is not our desires...

It is born from an energy that is already perfect, and wants for nothing... Something that is beyond itself, because it has no self...

When we get caught up in pursuing our own personal desires, we are not following our soul, we are following our ego...whose ultimate function is to trap the soul, and block its way home...

I do agree regarding faith though... But I think we need to have faith that when we put our own personal desires aside, we will be guided in the right direction...

This is what detachment and being dispassionate is... It is not living life in a dead, mechanical, unfeeling state as many presume... It is latching on to something bigger than ourselves...

I think it´s our desires, and our so-called passions that are ultimately mechanical, boring, and deadening...

When we open ourselves to the moment, without a care of what we will get in return, we find a world much bigger and more vibrant than the one we live in day to day...

It is hard to maintain that attitude day in and day out though...

We are greedy beings by nature...
July 11, 2020 at 19:42
I agree with this deeper explanation you´ve provided. I only sought to highlight that "detached and dispassionate" should not translate to "unfeeling and uncaring".

I was actually going to mention earlier, dissolution of the ego and separation from material and carnal desires. I got sidetracked by other parts of the conversation, but you´ve presented those ideas brilliantly.
July 11, 2020 at 19:49
"I only sought to highlight that "detached and dispassionate" should not translate to "unfeeling and uncaring"."

Yes... Two totally different things...

I think many people fail to grasp the difference though...at least in the verbal sense...
July 11, 2020 at 19:50
I needed to read that. Thank you. Seriously, I do get the most disappointment from trying to give people unconditional love and acceptance that they want nothing to do with. In that disappointment I find that I´m trying to misplace my love of self. I am most attracted to people who have very similar wounding to myself. Things I hate about myself I often find endearing in others and I wonder why I am so eager and willing to accept traits in others that I can´t accept in myself. Physical flaws for example are something I typically accept in others and find it to be attractive when people are so hung up on little things blowing them completely out of proportion. I just want to love that self-loathing out of them, but I suffer from the same and refuse to be convinced otherwise by anyone as well. I´m trying to love myself through loving and fully accepting other people. Sadly, that hasn´t worked out... at all. lol
July 11, 2020 at 19:57
(Aries) ram_goat » Ruby Tuesday
Letting go is the hardest part of life.

Hardest part of a scorpio´s life, at any rate..

or any part of our charts influenced by pluto.

but obsession and control with pluto are like quicksand.. the harder you
struggle, the faster you sink..

the way out of quicksand is to float on it.

I can attest to the fact that denying our desires is not ever going to bring us happiness of any kind.

neither does extremism or black and white thinking.. in anything.
July 11, 2020 at 20:03
(Aries) ram_goat » fishscales
I think it´s our desires, and our so-called passions that are ultimately mechanical, boring, and deadening...

It is hard to maintain that attitude day in and day out though...

We are greedy beings by nature...

Yup.. well said..
July 11, 2020 at 20:23
(Scorpio) Ruby Tuesday » ram_goat
How do I float on an obsession? That´s the real question I need the answer to. When people hit my Pluto they´re getting my square to mars and I can´t float on that. Lmfao All I can do is spontaneously combust. That would be the easy way out. I typically just light my own funeral pyre and burn up slowly and painfully but extremely bright like the phoenix and start all over again.
July 11, 2020 at 21:40
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
It shows this for me.
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/m…
New Moon
24°33’ (Moon Phase Degree)
Birth, Beginning, Clarity

Not really sure where to find more information and interpretation, what it means?!
July 11, 2020 at 22:51
(Scorpio) Ruby Tuesday » MarvinReal
Astrodienst had a really good piece on my moon phase. I´d imagine they have one on yours as well. If not, there are plenty of articles if you just search for "natal new moon" or something along those lines.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »