Saturn below the horizon

July 8, 2020 at 14:11 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) IntoTheVoid
Saturn below the horizon
My astrology teacher has the theory that, if you were born with planets under the horizon in your birth chart - those planets do not ´appear´ to others.
Say you have Saturn below the horizon. People may not see that you hold responsibility, but if it is above the horizon, people will see you as a responsible person.

This kind of sucks for someone who has Saturn in the 4th. I´ve always been one to take on crazy amounts of responsibility for my Mom, and in the homes I live in, yet I´m still never acknowledged for it. Yet someone with a university degree in Medical Science comes along with their Saturn in the 10th and they´re given so much praise for their hard work.
Everyone works hard for achievements. It just sucks that no matter how hard you try, sometimes you´re not acknowledged.

My crazy rant of the day.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 8, 2020 at 14:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user DEEP SIGH, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
In my natal chart ..

all my planets located above the horizon ( except the north node ) .

I don’t know what that mean , But I love them :2: .
July 8, 2020 at 14:22
(Taurus) IntoTheVoid » DEEP SIGH
It would mean that you´re more "extroverted". So people see those parts of your personality that the planets present themselves through! You express those planets in a way that other people can see well.
July 8, 2020 at 14:28
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » IntoTheVoid
System message: Post has been written by user DEEP SIGH, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
No , I am not Extroverted :122: .
July 8, 2020 at 14:42
=====
BlueRosePetals talk about that ↓ .
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
July 8, 2020 at 14:44
This is why I have doubts about what this theory means. I see someone who has Saturn in the 4th, or Saturn in the 5th, 6th... they really have to work on their external world. Any Saturn placement indicates responsibility in that area. People may not ´see´ the effort they put in if it´s below the horizon.

Personally, all of my planets are below the horizon except Venus in the 7th and Chiron in the 10th. People may see me as a caring and sweet person, but also see how anxious and shy I am in public. But they do not see my effort I put into keeping my mother happy (4th house), or my home together. They do not see my effort at work (Sun in the 6th house)?
I think this theory is kind of crappy, you are who you are, and who you feel you are is who you really are. It´s just the perception of others, according to my teacher, which would make a little sense, because the ´upper´ part of your chart kind of represents the ´others´, while the lower represents the ´inner´.
July 8, 2020 at 14:46
Yes, she explains it beautifully! I was curious about Saturn in the 12th house, because it´s still above the horizon, yet hidden.
July 8, 2020 at 14:55
=====
Good :98: .
It isn’t a wrong theory :98: .
July 8, 2020 at 14:57
=====
:98: :98:
July 8, 2020 at 15:01
Also, maybe your planets are in feminine signs, causing your energy to be more introverted. It could be that you have Sun in the 10th house in Cancer, you´re still nurturing and shining in a caring way, yet not as expressive as maybe a Leo Sun in the 10th house would be. It all depends on aspects and placements, of course.
July 8, 2020 at 15:05
=====
You’re right :98: :80: .
July 8, 2020 at 15:58
(Pisces) N_thecat » IntoTheVoid
."I see someone who has Saturn in the 4th, or Saturn in the 5th, 6th... they really have to work on their external world. Any Saturn placement indicates responsibility in that area. People may not ´see´ the effort they put in if it´s below the horizon."

I understand what you mean. I agree with that theory.

I have Saturn in 5th house and all I can say without details is...what a "pain in the ass" is to have Saturn in 5th house, one of the worst placements that exist :4:. You have to work really hard to get rid of the heavy stuff in the area of the house that Saturn occupies.

I imagine Saturn in the 4th house is also difficult... I would hate to have this placement, but to comfort you I think the 4th house is just "not lucky" house in general and most of the planets there are not doing well maybe except for Venus and as I guess Jupiter....
July 8, 2020 at 16:24
(Taurus) IntoTheVoid » N_thecat
Saturn in the 5th would be difficult as well... working to have fun, or not able to let loose as easily. Ahh.. good ol´ Saturn.
I can definitely see Jupiter in the 4th being a lovely placement. Some may be lucky enough to have this! :17:
July 8, 2020 at 17:28
(Libra) leorising
I have saturn in the 4/5 house. we really have to take responsibility and deal with criticism. :68:
July 8, 2020 at 18:05
(Aries) ram_goat
I never cared. I learned from a very young age that most people didn´t undestand me the right way and quickly I figured they never would, so I just took to doing things myself, my own way, for my own benefit. If other people "got" it, so much the better, but usually that was not the case.

Half my shit below the horizon.. and all personal planets.. so, personality and relating to others..

I just figured it out at a young age and got used to it. it is what it is.
You have to do things for the intrinsic personal rewards, not for status or acclaim. I do, at least, but I don´t really give much of a fuck about what others think.. a side effect of never being properly understood in the first place for so many years. Other people follow their irrational desires and I follow mine- and we all do it for the intrinsic rewards... it´s how it is.
July 8, 2020 at 18:19
(Virgo) rohini moon
Saturn in the 10th gets rewarded for hard work after years...and YEARS ...AND YEARS ....of putting in the dedication it takes to be applauded for such hard work. It´s a long, laborious road to getting there. And nothing is ever handed to them when it comes to work. Ever.

If you think of people who work alittle hard and get that promotion like nothing, you can think again when it comes to Saturn in the 10th a - if a regular person who doesn´t have this placment has to work to get it, the 10th house Saturn has to work 5 or even 10x harder to get that same promotion. It is a very rough placement when it comes to working and making a living...

But, as anything else, with Saturn, these people finally in their second part of life - receive that acclamation for such disciplined work, and the reward this Saturn finally grants them is beyond what they were aiming for in the first place...
July 8, 2020 at 18:21
(Aries) ram_goat » N_thecat
Saturn in V here.. and below the horizon..

I´ll tell you what.. not giving a shit what others think is the first step
towards liberation.. It simplifies things, you only have to please yourself (just make sure your own head & emotions are right, first..)

Start with the self and work outward from there. Forget being understood correctly by others, and stop worrying about it. Just get on with things..
And relegate thoughts of that "dreamy" "other life" you imagine other people possess and you do not to the trash bin.. their lives suck too.. just in different ways than your life sucks. You leave other people to theirs, and worry about fixing your own. There is joy in simplicity sometimes. This insight really does simplify things.

“Care about people´s approval and you will be their prisoner. Do your work, then step back, the only path to serenity.”

― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
July 8, 2020 at 18:54
(Taurus) IntoTheVoid » rohini moon
Yeah, like I say, everyone works hard for their achievements. Some harder than others. Dear God, no, I don´t think you get things handed to you in life, you´ve got to pave your own road to success. I guess I´m just saying that people may value certain hard work over others and I guess that will always be what it is.
Some recieve more attention than others, and that´s good, because those who work hard for good things, deserve the proper recognition!

I see what you´re saying, too ram, you shouldn´t be seeking status, maybe that´s why I´m a bit butthurt about my teacher saying people may not see me as a responsible person, yet I know I am. She´s not trying to offend people, she´s trying to say that the lesson is to go with what ´you feel´, not to seek recognition from others.
I just wouldn´t do well striving for success at such lengths as a Saturn in the 10th would, so in a way, I´m glad I have my placement as it is. You chart is you and you´re here to accept it, and more out the kinks.

Now I´m realising I´m in too much of an ego space.
July 8, 2020 at 19:35
(Cancer) Anikey » rohini moon
My Saturn is in my 10th yet I have found what you are describing to be true for all other areas except work, especially in interpersonal relationships - 42 years old and still haven´t seen/felt Saturn´s reward :(
July 8, 2020 at 19:48
(Virgo) rohini moon » Anikey
Look into your Rahu /Ketu ...

Saturn matures at 36 - peak age 36 to 39

Rahu matures at 41/42
And Ketu matures at 47 - peak 48
July 8, 2020 at 19:58
(Taurus) IntoTheVoid » rohini moon
Interesting...
July 8, 2020 at 22:11
(Pisces) fishscales
The important thing is that we possess the good qualities...whether they are recognized by others is irrelevant... If you really look at it, the desire to be recognized by others for your good qualities is just a conceit...a matter of ego, pride, desire, etc...

Don´t mean to sound preachy, just what I think..
July 8, 2020 at 22:17
(Taurus) IntoTheVoid » fishscales
You´re totally right! This is why I said earlier "I realise I´m in a place of ego".

Yet another lesson of Saturn in Pisces... sigh :)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »