Quincunx versus square, opposition and semi-sextile

June 26, 2020 at 18:51 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Quincunx versus square, opposition and semi-sextile
What are your thoughts about aspects?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 27, 2020 at 08:23
(Pisces) IleneTs
What I have noticed in relationships where the Sun signs are semi-sextile or inconjunct is that they are very different, which makes sense because there are no similarities astrologically, but they do understand each other in some way.

But for others sometimes, it seems like one of the two is sacrificing for the other, but I don´t think they experience it that way.

Often both go their own way,
As a woman with Sun in Aries once told me that her Taurus Man said: "Go and do what you think is necessary, then I will wait for you here with a nice glass of wine".
It seems that they also have a special mission.
June 27, 2020 at 08:30
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » IleneTs
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Thank you, IleneTs. I fully agree with that very different, but still somehow understanding. That Aries and Taurus illustration from you sounds familiar for Quincunx as well I guess.

All of these aspects are considered rather challenging or even negative.

Let´s skip possible negative effects of Conjunction and Trine for now.

I just understood the nature of Quincunx. I have Pluto inconjunct Chiron and it still remains a major mystery what is it about and how to implement it for the better. With this way, my Ascendant´s ruler is connected with Mars being effective in my youth and Pluto being effective in some later advanced age. I am not entirely sure it´s there yet, I don´t think so. So the Descendant is connected by Trine and Opposition and with Quincunx included it´s suggesting that quincunx-type relationships might be there for a reason, for me to learn from, and to advance from there.

So back to Inconjunct (quincunx). What is it about? I see it by not seeing it. That could be a motto of this aspect. Or blind faith, or guessing. Similar confusion is to Semi-Sextile, but s-s is significantly weaker, creates less attraction, less tension, and it´s like a neighbor you don´t know and you´re scared to talk with. But quincunx is a bit more powerful and slightly different in its entirety. You can expect some awkwardness, restructuring, very different energies. They need adjustments, getting used to, learn each other. You might wonder ´how can we do that´ and being patient with flow. It´s like a neighbor you can see often, but you´re wondering what to talk about. Some would argue that the Opposition is the most different energies, but actually they are the same spectrum, on the same axis, while inconjunct can´t see each other that easily. Doing mistakes and being willing to do mistakes, experimenting. Of course, zodiac sign and house involved, but it applies in mundane chart alike in personal chart.

Square has the biggest challenging potential, no doubt.

What are your thoughts about aspects?
June 27, 2020 at 10:01
(Pisces) IleneTs » MarvinReal
"What are your thoughts about aspects?"

Aspects between planets in signs reflects your psyche, how you naturally respond.

A stellium or conjunctions are usually the strongest aspects.

Furthermore, it depends how tide the orbs of an aspect in a horoscope are.

Aspects with houses reflect the interaction with the outside world.
June 27, 2020 at 10:21
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » IleneTs
=====
Thinking about implementation of minor aspects isn´t such an issue, because all of them have tight orbs. Quincunx has 2°. Other minor aspects 1°. Astrodienst, for example, has very generous and wide orbs. Hard to say what is right. Aspects by signs is more general attitude.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
June 27, 2020 at 12:09
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Dharma212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
There is very little research done in the subject of "Minor aspects". About the only minor aspect where there is at least some accumulated empirical data is the "Quintile" (72 degrees or 1/5th of a circle). It is associated with creative attitudes and drives (5th house). And perhaps the "Inconjunct"/"Quincunx" (150 degrees) to some degree.

But this latter is really not that different from an opposition or square. I mean, a conflict/challenge is just that. No need to try to divide it on "categories of conflict", because it manifest in basically the same ways for all practical purposes.

But everything on a chart can be very easily explained by just using the major aspects, and the 10 planets, the Nodes, and Chiron (no need for all those asteroids, either).

Everything else can add some additional information to the interpretation of the chart, yes, but it is so little that the end result is turning something very simple (chart interpretation) into something unnecessarily complex.

It is a sort of "New Age astrology" fad that I try to avoid. Perhaps I am just a bit old, haha, and I just like to stick to the "old school" that has always worked wonderfully for me and for most seasoned astrologers. But so far none of that has added any real additional depth to my interpretations. Of course, to each its own,:-)).
June 27, 2020 at 13:00
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Travelguy35, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I have Neptune Sag quincunx Taurus North Node 1"27 orb.
June 27, 2020 at 13:06
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Dharma212
=====
I agree. Perhaps you´re right, Peter. Thank you.

Truly minimalistic chart is this https://forum.astro-seek.com/post-r…
Nobody replied on that, perhaps because I was the only one who understood the question differently than majority. xD

Sticking with classical Ptolemaic aspects is still the best. New agers often trying to dismiss Sextile or even Trine. In that way are all aspects negative. :3
June 27, 2020 at 13:22
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Travelguy35
=====
How is it manifesting in your life? Do you have any semi-sextile? semi-square?
June 27, 2020 at 13:35
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » MarvinReal
System message: Post has been written by user Travelguy35, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
From what I understand, it would make it hard for me to understand my life purpose, is this somewhere in the ball park?

With all of my sag planets and planets in the 9th (travel a lot) it leads me to travel all around, which is true, as I am living in my 7th country (been to 35).
June 27, 2020 at 13:45
=====
So you´re really a travel guy. :61:
June 27, 2020 at 13:53
=====
Indeed! How do you view NN quincunx Neptune?
June 27, 2020 at 14:11
=====
Neptune is traveling, by air and by sea. You just replied on your own question.
June 27, 2020 at 14:33
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Yonis123, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I have Venus in Capricorn quincunx Leo NN (0°). This aspect should be indeed a challenging aspect, but for some reason I tend to overlook it most of the time. I think quincunx aspects are operating behind the scenes (sub-consciously maybe). When the right time comes, these aspects might be responsible for a karmic lesson one should learn.
June 27, 2020 at 14:45
=====
OK, cool, was not sure if there were any other takes..
June 27, 2020 at 15:26
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Yonis123
=====
Yes. That´s what I also believe. :15:
June 28, 2020 at 08:35
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
I have :157: :195: :161: and :157: semi :198: :162:; The first is supposed to be TOO deep and meaningful while the 2nd is shallow and superficial!
:154: :195: Vesta exactly :191: past-life Vesta, change in what I concentrate on!
June 28, 2020 at 12:29
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » IIyyaarr13
=====
Yeah, bro. https://www.google.com/amp/s/…
June 28, 2020 at 13:11
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user themagi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Okay.

- Mercury SQUARE Mars

That´s me. Impatient communicator, impulse speaker, not afraid to be aggressive in my speech. Squares are not necessarilly negative traits so much as socially less palatable traits. But we love many Mercury Sq Mars because they speak with a lot less BS.

- Mercury Quincux Mars

I used my Mercury Qnc Jupiter as a example. I speak A LOT sometimes....that´s Jupiter affecting that Mercury....I see the quincux as something you can´t help almost. I try and shut up and not be so philosophical in my communications, but it ends up coming through anyway. Like some Taurean member here on astro seek shared with me (sorry forgot your name)....a Quincux has the pros of a trine and negatives of a square. So a Mercury Qnc Mars would be an aggressive speaker....and would not be able to help it.

- Mercury Opposition Mars

Oppositions - you EITHER express one planet or the other. So a Mercury Oppo Mars would be one that would avoid showing anger in their speech....would hide their Martian traits......and when they acted (Mars) they´d be of few words.

- Mercury semi-sextile Mars

A Mercury that will make it a point to express itself in an Arian way. Less so than a Mercury quintile Mars, but still.

I could be totally wrong...but so far I see semi-sextiles as LESSER QUINTILES. And a quintile I see as an aspect with a great desire to be actualized.

I use my Uranus quintile ASC as an example. I´m not just any Libra ASC.....I make it a point to express my Uranian nature in a very pronounced way. If it were simply a ASC trine Uranus, for example, the facility in expressing uniqueness, personal freedom, and forward-thinking....would be very healthily expressed and automatic right off the bat..........but the Quintile, to me, is a deep desire......It almost could be see as making my ASC a Aqua ASC. That´s how I see quintiles - whatever they touch they make that person look like the sign of the planet associated....Steve Jobs....a Virgo ASC.....quintile Mars though.....so pretty much like an Aries rising as well.

Or my Moon quintile Vesta....has a necessity to come across or value the Vesta qualities (purity, zeal, dedication).

Some would say that quintiles are talents...you could see that way too.

I like astrotheme´s graphics the best....and they give semi-sextiles and quintiles the same color....in my opinion for a reason too. They are of the same family.

I have Pluto semi-sextiling my ASC, for example....and anyone who knows me, can tell I project that Scorpio vibe too...and seems to be part of my theme in life as well.

Hope that helped. :)
June 28, 2020 at 14:39
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » themagi
=====
Hmm, interesting graphics on astrotheme and review of your aspects.
July 25, 2020 at 12:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
Aspects "by signs" (naturally compatible)
Aspects "by orbs" (stronger influence of aspects in question)
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »