Semi-Sextile (30) aspect [missing on astroseek]

June 26, 2020 at 11:59 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Semi-Sextile (30) aspect [missing on astroseek]
An aspect of 30 degrees between two planets. It has an orb of 1 to 2 degrees. The semi-sextile is considered to be a minor aspect. It is rarely included in interpretations, perhaps because units of 30 degrees are the undifferentiated building-blocks of major aspects that have different meanings. It is often interpreted as some type of potential, according to the planets´ nature, signs, and houses; but one that is difficult to realize due to the signs´ incongruent natures.

A semi-sextile normally connects two consecutive signs. However, a dissociate aspect can be formed when one of the planets is situated in the first couple of degrees of a sign and the other at the very end of the same sign, although this can only be the case if a relatively large orb is used.

A connection between two consecutive signs indicates a connection between two opposing energies, because consecutive signs always belong to different elements and have different qualities. For this reason semi-sextiles are often thought of as connecting two planets that have difficulty working together; or indicating difficulties or challenges because two energies that feel alien to one another need to be integrated.

An alternative view is that the sequence of signs in the zodiac is not arbitrary but contains a deep logic. The energy inherent in each sign of the zodiac is a prerequisite for the following one. For this reason, two planets connected by a semi-sextile can work constructively together while retaining their clearly defined roles. The planet in the preceding sign paves the way, as it were, for the following one. This understanding can help to create opportunities out of the difficulties associated with semi-sextiles.

This interpretation of semi-sextiles can be useful when comparing two different horoscopes (see Synastry, Comparative Astrology). For example, a responsible and considerate Sun in Virgo can help and support a partner´s Venus or Sun in Libra to realise their potential.

Bibliography
Epstein, Alan, 1996, Understanding Aspects: The Inconjunct, Trines Publishing.
Hand, Robert, 1981, Horoscope Symbols, Whitford Press.
Tierney, Bil, 1993, Dynamics of Aspect Analysis, 2nd ed. CRCS Publications.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 26, 2020 at 13:21
(Pisces) fishscales
I have two exact semi-sextiles that are embedded within an exact sextile.

Neptune at 5° Sag semi-sextile Jupiter at 5° Cap, which is also semi-sextile the moon at 5° Aquarius. The sextile is between Neptune and the moon.

Always considered this an odd configuration, especially because all the aspects are exact, and all three planets are at 5 degrees.

My Venus is also at 5° Taurus, forming an inconjunct with Neptune, square with the moon, and trine with Jupiter, all exact.

Getting back to semi-sextiles, I tend to view them as "mini-inconjuncts", perhaps with more possibilities of integrating the two planetary energies.
June 26, 2020 at 14:32
(Sagittarius) Sus
I never understood the semi sextile specially in synastry. Thanks for your insight
June 26, 2020 at 15:02
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Together with recently renewed popularity of Sesquisquare 135°, we should take a look at the Semi-Sextile 30° as well. In most cases mysterious and weak. It could be as a good indicator of Ingress into a sign and therefore different energy around. I think that Semi-Sextile has some crucial information in natal chart, however rather pointless in synastry. Whether you apply tight orbs of 1°-2°, or aspects by full sign, meaning is the same. Planets can´t see each other without some adjustments. It´s basically a "reversed Quincunx", which is your viewpoint too. I do think that Neptune (missing glyph) Jupiter (missing glyph) Moon in your chart has some higher purpose. I tend to think it in a way of "horoscope shape" and of an unconscious mind. Investigate also "declination" aspects of those planets, fishscales.
:1:
June 26, 2020 at 15:08
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Sus
=====
Me neither, Sus. As it is said in the introduction text above:

"This interpretation of semi-sextiles can be useful when comparing two different horoscopes (see Synastry, Comparative Astrology). For example, a responsible and considerate Sun in Virgo can help and support a partner´s Venus or Sun in Libra to realise their potential."

I personally view it as an association needed some adjustments, as I said in a reply to fishscales. Also, perhaps Semi-Sextile means less attraction, but also a less conflict, which may be beneficial in the long-term relationships. On the other hand it´s unlikely to cause any initial pull. For that must be whole chart considered.
:3:
June 29, 2020 at 00:36
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The Semi-sextile completes the "thema mundi" of Magi Astrology being "partile"; I have one from :171: to :172:; It is moving fast from 16 to 17 degrees!
July 25, 2020 at 12:21
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » IIyyaarr13
=====
Semi-Sextile in this table shows learning potential.

You can create a healthy relationship with everyone.

However, with some people you are more in tune with your and their natural features and therefore less adjustment and working towards progression needed.

On the other hand, good aspects does not guarantee any compatibility or lasting couples, as was found in my other topics on long term couples.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »