About sidereal and tropical system

June 23, 2020 at 20:59 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) theycallmetym
About sidereal and tropical system
I was curious about which one is more accurate ? I know it may sound strange as both of them are used frequently.But i mean my natal chart totally changes like signs of planets houses etc.Which one should i pay more attention as they reveal totally different results ?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 23, 2020 at 23:05
(Virgo) RohiniMoon
In my personal opinion.....defintiely sidereal

It´s more accurate, I know not everyone feels that way, and I´m not here to convert, but you asked, so ;)

I´d say, study both charts and see which one fits you / your life more to a T.

But, start with sidereal first :1:

More accurate predictions are made with sidereal

a quick example but in sidereal your ascendant is Leo ..just from your profile pic alone screams LEO to me.
June 24, 2020 at 10:49
(Taurus) theycallmetym » RohiniMoon
I see.Actually i feel a lot like described at sidereal honestly.But there are some points valid from ´tropical´ perspective at the same time not gonna lie.
Its just looks nonsense to me as charts are totally different like describes two totally different personalities.Anyway tnx for suggestion
June 26, 2020 at 07:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user feverfew, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Sidereal is generally hailed as more accurate concerning predicative astrology. For natal or psychological astrology, Tropical seems to utilize a more individuated approach to a native´s chart.

I think both, used in conjunction, can produce a really well rounded picture of the native and events surrounding their energetic "sphere of influence", so to speak.

A lot of people struggle with identifying with their sidereal chart (especially as like you said it can be quite different) but the difference between both mathematically is anywhere from 21~ - 24~ degrees, meaning there isn´t a ton of change relative to the overall "pattern" of the chart. Even aspects can be largely the same, as well as houses.

I work with both, and admittedly there isn´t a lot of push for sidereal astrology outside of Vedic. I´m hoping this will change as its predictive measures are great!

But long story short, IMHO they are both accurate, just used for different things.
June 26, 2020 at 12:06
(Taurus) theycallmetym » feverfew
I guess so.. Thanks anyway :15:
June 26, 2020 at 13:02
(Libra) themagi » theycallmetym
If it sounds like nonsense....it´s because it probably is nonsense. And if you are afraid of triggering anyone by saying it.....just place the onus of proof on them. That´ll teach them a lesson :P
June 27, 2020 at 18:29
(Taurus) theycallmetym » themagi
Astrology is not a concept that based on proof.Its just pseudosience based on experience collected for centuries coming from basic analysis of human behavior,psychology etc. and tryind to find some link between them and stars.
Just probabilities.So i dont like using that word much when im talking about astrology.But what can i see,that its differs form on to other.Some people may agree for them sidereal is pretty accurate while others will say its bullshit the one and only accurate system is western. :)
June 27, 2020 at 22:42
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » RohiniMoon
System message: Post has been written by user DuncanUK, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"More accurate predictions are made with sidereal"

Care to prove your wild claim, as I know many who do a good job with either system?

Funny how your profile chart is listed with the Placidus house system; no lunar mansions?

Maybe you should read up on the subject a little more, as a morally guided professional would not make such wild claims.

I think you should concentrate on your own 7th house moon in opposition to Mars (conflict), Neptune (illusion) & Uranus (stubborn independence) before proceeding with such claims?
June 28, 2020 at 03:05
(Leo) Chiladd » DuncanUK
"morally guided professional"

Someone is having serious difficulties grasping this concept.
June 28, 2020 at 03:55
(Aries) hh » Chiladd
right, in the name of morals, he hypocritically attacks someone elses personal chart like a playground bully looking for a fight.
June 28, 2020 at 03:58
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » Chiladd
Since he´s been studying astrology so much for the last 30 years like he proudfully boasts, maybe he should take his own advice and study his chart and figure out why he responds to others like a belligerent drunkard would.

;)
June 28, 2020 at 12:38
(Scorpio) venushouse
I like both charts and you will usually see similarities linking them. 2 different ways of saying the same thing.
June 28, 2020 at 17:35
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Chiladd
System message: Post has been written by user DuncanUK, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Since you all want to copy/paste what you hear instead of researching to learn the knowledge, I’m out, never to return so give yourselves a well earned pat on the back. I do not attack people by their chart, unless that person gives morally inept opinion with research/knowledge. Carry on playing among yourselves, I will stick to real astrology!
June 28, 2020 at 17:39
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » DuncanUK
I do not attack people by their chart,

Um, yeah you did.

Good riddance.
June 29, 2020 at 08:03
(Pisces) Mythic
Curious about the distinction between these two myself.

The way I interpret it now is they are both useful. I see tropical as the temperature a person puts off, how they seem when you meet them in person, up-close. Whereas sidereal is their true essence, i.e. the actions they take, what they gravitate towards, and how they appear to be from a distance, observably.

Basically: (Tropical=More Subjective) (Sidereal=More Objective)

Although I do find sidereal ascendants to be a much clearer match, look up your moon nakshatra as well and see how that fits!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »