What should I expect from my Sun Dasha?

June 9, 2020 at 15:56 (UT/GMT)
(Capricorn) Luna Alba
What should I expect from my Sun Dasha?
Namaste! :68:.

@hh was very nice to tell me I´m ending my Venus Dasha soon and I will be embracing my 6-year Sun Dasha in a week or smth like that.

Life kept getting better for me as the years of the Venus Dasha passed, and, although I´m very grateful for my current state, there are a few things missing in my life right now and I´m very curious about how this Sun Dasha will play out for me - what will be the highlights?

I would be very interested to know everything you spot - be it opportunities or challenges, events, areas of life that will be activated etc.

Thank you! :68:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 9, 2020 at 16:19
(Libra) leorising
I believe that you should look at the house where you have sun, see the aspects that it does.
next year i will enter saturn dasha (august 2021) i have saturn in anuradha scorpion in house 5 (Mars in Capricorn on 7) :68:
June 9, 2020 at 16:50
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » leorising
System message: Post has been written by user hh, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
right, look at the house it is in (sidereal chart). any planets sitting with it could effect the flavor.

but also the house it rules.
June 9, 2020 at 17:10
(Virgo) RohiniMoon
I did not look at your chart, but look to your sun placement sign and house...and see how it will play out. The sun represents your father, government/authority. The ego, vitality.....your soul.. All of these things - or a key element of one will be of focus during the Dasha period.

Also just to mention as SOON as one switches Dasha periods, something will change in your life.. The change usually regardless of how big will take place immediately as you´re entering into a new phase of life

Study all of that and try to determine what possibly is looming on the horizon of your sun dasha
June 9, 2020 at 17:17
(Capricorn) Luna Alba
In Sidereal, just as in Tropical, Sun is in my 9th house (but in Sagi in Sidereal), as a part of a 6-planet Stellium...including Mars.

So for Vedic, having Mars near Sun/conj means debilitated/afflicted Sun?

The Aries As I have in Vedic is considered auspicious for this Dasha...

Which means a tough Dasha, I guess...the thing that scares me about Vedic it´s its fatalist tone...not saying the predictions are not accurate - I dunno much about Vedic, although I´ll try to apply a list of criteria for my Sun Dasha- but damn, there are so many signs for utterly negative/catastrophic indicators in every article...like, almost impossible to NOT stumble upon smth severe :94:
June 9, 2020 at 17:19
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » RohiniMoon
Oh...I see...is it the Saturn-Return-kind-of-change? :23:

...tough?

Anyhow, it seems it will happen soon...

The relationship w my father has always been problematic...but I guess it can get worst...
June 9, 2020 at 17:36
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » Luna Alba
Ohh, your sun is in the 9th house of LUCK. .

That is good, not bad....your chart ruler (Mars) is also placed in the house of luck/ good fortune....yes Mars and sun can show power struggles possibly between father ..but the general essence of your 9th house stellium is good. It´s a dharma house,....may I ask, is your father or was he a religious man? Or if not religious more spiritually inclined - possibly very strong in convictions ?
June 9, 2020 at 17:39
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » RohiniMoon
I´m not an astrologer....but I wouldn´t worry about your sun dasha...your Venus is also in the 9th house, has the Venus period really been that bad? You´re continuing on with Dasha periods that are all in your dharma house....this isn´t cause for worry. :1:
June 9, 2020 at 17:49
 "Or if not religious more spiritually inclined - possibly very strong in convictions"

No, not very religious. Nor too spiritual. More a basic, primal, reactive person. Probably strong in the conviction he is always right and everybody should do as he wants.

I need to study our sinastry when I get better at it, I bet we were karmic enemies and we are here to struggle and dillute the karma.

Everything difficult in my chart/character...I see in my father, just like in a mirror.

But multiplied. I was lucky enough in life to change and work on myself ...always having him as an anti-example. I know we are so much alike, but I want to be his higher expression.

Unfortunately...he will never change and remain on the lower end, causing disruptions in the family with his autocrathic, controlling, me me me behaviour, while bleeding on the inside :).

I just felt I need to distance from him/family for a while and I did...I haven´t been home for more than a year.

I don´t think I can help him nor that is my duty to "save" him, he is mature enough to do it, if only he wanted it. Still, the peculiar part is that I get him...I have the same impulses sometimes :).

And I´m sorry for him he chose to let his bad side overcome his good one :)
June 9, 2020 at 17:55
"your Venus is also in the 9th house, has the Venus period really been that bad?"

Not particularly bad...but maybe a bit difficult, tensed, restrictive in my childhood/teen years/first years of adult life (particularly bc of my father and our relation, then because of my Uranian love life, which was also shaped by my problematic relation w him).

But however difficult it was, I always felt I´m gonna make it and I actually always met people who helped me along my way, without asking anything in return...I credit my 7th house Jupiter for that. Not in love, though. There I was not that lucky.

It got better and better, gradually, as I become financially independent and now it´s pretty good, I don´t want to sound ungrateful.

Didn´t knew the 9th was such a good place in Vedic...in Western it seems the 10th gets all the credit :4:
June 9, 2020 at 17:58
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Luna Alba
System message: Post has been written by user hh, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
my brother literally has this exact setup. aries rising (sidereal) with sun in sag/9th. he does not get along with my father, and the classic vedic text is that the native will forge a different path away from the father, therefore, the native will rebel and have troubles with the father because he wants to create his own dharma.

also you would think the father would be religious having sun in 9th, but its not always the case. our father is not. but it does indicate the father is either from a foreign land and settles elsewhere, like our father did. or the general interpretation is that the father has certain principles or life philosophy, whether good or bad. the fire signs and fire houses (esp 9th) can often produce racist types, as an example of manifesting the 9th house negatively.

but sun rules your 5th, and sits in the 9th house. its a raj yoga i believe. not sure why your fretting about the sun dasha. i think it will be quite good.
June 9, 2020 at 18:01
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » hh
Yes I forgot that....foreign lands...long distance travel...I .know someone with a 9th house Sun who´s father is a foreigner.
June 9, 2020 at 18:02
=====
you described my brothers and fathers relationship perfectly, haha.

both are too much alike, very hot-headed and when they get together its just a war zone of egos.

my father has always demanded respect but never really worked to deserve it.
June 9, 2020 at 18:06
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » RohiniMoon
=====
oh good, confirmation. haha.

i also have venus in 9th.
i start my venus dasha in two years.

im dying in the ketu dasha. haha. just when my sade sati ended, (which was fricken rough having debilitated moon), then immediately after the ketu dasha started. haha. fml.
June 9, 2020 at 18:09
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » hh
Debitilited moon....but not TOO debilitated....you don´t have it in Jyeshtha ..at the lowest point..lol
June 9, 2020 at 18:10
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » hh
"but sun rules your 5th, and sits in the 9th house. its a raj yoga i believe. not sure why your fretting about the sun dasha. i think it will be quite good."

Well...beyond astrology, your observation that I´m ending a 20-year period and currently entering a new "era" made me really curious about how it will be...

There´s smth very poetic-like or romantic in the thought you´re ending a 20-year slice of life and entering into a whole different one, especially when you´re 26 :6:.

Like a rite of passage or smth...

Now I can understand my explanation may seem really scattered....aaaa, 9th house-flavoured :5:
June 9, 2020 at 18:16
"or the general interpretation is that the father has certain principles or life philosophy, whether good or bad. "

This is true, so the general meaning. In my case, he is nor foreigner nor religious/spiritual.

How did your Brother experienced his Sun Dasha?

PS: I hope the 2 of them will manage to make it work this lifetime...just as I hope I will make it work w him eventually :)
June 9, 2020 at 18:58
=====
youre absolutely right, its a big deal and a new chapter. worthy of researching more into it, but the research should reflect positive things if interpreted logically. you can even look at other things such as where the sun is placed in the D9 divisional chart to see how it manifests internally, not to overwhelm you though, haha.

my brother had it when he was young, like high school to mid 20s and it was very good for him but being young, he was quite arrogant and even more so during this dasha (he also has moon in leo so it brought this out as well). it was his second dasha, so an emphasis on values (2nd).
this will be your 3rd dasha so emphasis on efforts and mind for pursuit of purpose and expression (sun).

yes, i hope they reconcile. they havent spoke in over three years. my dad reaches out but my brother is stubborn and arrogant. he is being humbled as of lately though and i think he will mature soon considering the very heavy transits hes going through. and thank you.
June 9, 2020 at 19:03
Ohhh, I´m also a Leo Moon :175:
June 9, 2020 at 20:53
(Cancer) ZynCitrus » Luna Alba
Results of Sun Mahadasha

Sun is perceived to be a positive and powerful planet which is believed to bring potency and brilliance in the native´s life. It is a potent and strong planet and is believed to be of supreme place and so on in general, it bestows the native with dominance and higher position. Altogether, Sun is believed to be a celestial body which brings luminous to the world and so on its is perceived to bring goodness in lives but as it is also the expression of heat and aggression, the native could also receive the same.

The natives of Sun Mahadasha are perceived to attain a good and strong place in the social circle as they would receive the support of higher authorities, government institutes and the person would acquire power & authority but this period could also cause distance or separation from some close relations besides which it would also decrease the number of people serving you as your servants.

In this period, people are perceived to receive good affluence from variant sources with significant involvement of pursuits related to medicines, weapons, fire, land and royalty. Besides this, it will enhance the inclination and vision towards the spiritual aspects and could lead the person towards pilgrim visits but this period will also enhance the anxiety and restlessness.

This period also holds the fear and threat from thieves, enemies, government and fire along with some health problems including venereal diseases, severe and fever besides which there could be lack of mental peace leading to unhappy living. It could enclose the person and his closed ones with fears, distress and sorrowfulness. But the person would grow socially even if his/her personal life won´t remain good.

Results of Sun -Sun dasha | Sun vimshottari antardasha under Sun Mahadasha

Sun as the antardasha of Sun Mahadasha is the first segment of Sun Mahadasha where Sun becomes more potent and effective and leaves much of its impact upon the native. It would be entirely a period of Sun for the native where he/she would attain much dominance and authority as this period would take them towards the good heights and would make them stand potent socially. The individual would also receive good financial benefits if the placement of Sun in the horoscope chart is not adverse.

The natives of Sun - Sun dasha or bhukti period are perceived to bestow the native with social potency and authority as he/she may attain honor and higher positions in this stage. Besides this, the person would get triumphs in all sorts of his/her wars or disputes and would receive all the gains but his/her mental composition won´t remain much balanced as the restlessness will also be a part of this period. It could also include traveling for the native due to variant reasons in Surya-Surya bhukti.
June 10, 2020 at 14:37
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » ZynCitrus
Thank you, Mrav. It´s a very...solar/positive description of this Dasha.

You´re always bringing good news :4: :68:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »