How old were you?

June 8, 2020 at 22:53 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) rohini moon
How old were you?
How old were you when you took your astrological prowess to the next level? I have been keen on astrology since as long as I can remember, from early adolescence. My childhood knowledge on astrology was very shallow...(as one would suspect) it was not until my 30th year that I took my astrological game to the realms of Vedic astrology. And I havent looked back.

Yes, I delved deep into astrology during my Saturn return. It was all karmic for me at that time in my life to find Vedic astrology - and attempt to access the answers I needed...I must say, it´s provided. More than I could have asked for, too.

How old were you? And was it at a turning point in your life ?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
June 8, 2020 at 23:08
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user hh, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
you mentioned your saturn return. for me it was the jupiter return, age 24.

i went straight into using the sidereal zodiac but using western astrology understanding of the psychology. (i heard my sun sign described to me when i was a teenager but dismissed it and never took an interest).

but at 24 i was selfish. i was only interested in my own chart and understanding myself. and i think it was confirmation of many things i was dealing with. i was always a late bloomer in all things. i dont even think i would have made it this far if i hadnt any confirmation for my trials, so it was great for me.

but only in the last 5 years or so have i really got in depth about true vedic understanding and predicting abilities, and im literally learning more every single day. but im the type that has to learn things over and over again so it really sinks in. so i watch astro videos on youtube like the same ones i watched maybe months before just to re-digest it.

was it a book or something you stumbled upon online?
June 8, 2020 at 23:18
(Virgo) rohini moon » hh
It sort of intertwined with my studies on Buddhism.....I started practicing Buddhism at around 24 (during my Jupiter return) and from there it snowballed into Vedic, I knew Vedic was more accurate because of Buddhist texts.

I always say to truly understand vedic astrology - you must understand Buddhism, and to understand Buddhism you must understand astrology....they truly go hand-in-hand together. You can´t understand one without the other.

In India the cosmos are the Gods. I think once you start to know that piece of information, everything else flows.
June 8, 2020 at 23:51
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
When it happens I’ll tell ya! :2:
June 8, 2020 at 23:55
(Aquarius) nikkia » Leo Moon
Ditto ! :3:

I stumbled upon this site in 2018 (when I was 55?) and I saw my natal for the first time - which inspired total awe in me. Prior, I had always enjoyed surface astrology Farmer´s Almanac style, but not like this. Since last July (just under a year- with time off) I´ve been actively learning more.
Astrology hasn´t ´clicked´ yet (and it may never) but I find it fascinating to ponder the movements of heaven.
June 8, 2020 at 23:56
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
I was studying mid points yesterday and just get overwhelmed with how much there is to learn.

Learning music is also an endless task...and for me , the study of music takes precedence.

I will continue my astrology study but I’m never catching up to the more knowledgeable here.
June 8, 2020 at 23:58
(Aquarius) Aunt Clara » rohini moon
For me, it began when I was around 12 and has been an interest off and on for my entire adult life. I began getting very serious about it 20-ish years ago. I have read widely and taken several classes, but never a formal training program. I would like to do Kepler online courses someday. As with most of us, I started seeking to understand myself and grew from there. I also took refuge vows as a Buddhist in 1991 after training with a Theravadan monk, and am currently part of a Zen order hoping for ordination someday.
June 9, 2020 at 00:33
(Leo) RunnerChic85
It was actually just last summer, so 33, almost 34 for me. Before that, I knew about only the basic sun-sign astrology, would read my horoscopes before something important and hope it would say something good—I sort of half-believed. Last summer I got an ad emailed to me that said “get your birth chart.” I was curious, but didn’t take it too seriously, but tried it. After getting my birth chart, learning about what my planetary placements and aspects mean, I have seen how a lot of things, both life events, patterns, and personality tendencies, have been eerily accurate.

This has turned me from a skeptic to a believer. I’ve gotten birth charts of others that I know their birth time/place, and they’ve said theirs has been true as well.

It’s helped me learn so much about myself, my tendencies, and to use those to be a better person.
June 9, 2020 at 01:20
(Virgo) rohini moon » Aunt Clara
Oh interesting Clara!
I follow Theravada Buddhism as well....as its the closest Branch of Buddhism that aligns with Buddhas actual teaching in in today´s world......it took awhile to stumble on Theravada for me......first it was Mahayana/Tibetan, but I don´t align myself with that branch at all anymore. Mahayana in my opinion, is really just a mix of shamanism/animism with a tiny sprinkle of Buddhism thrown in .. Tibetan Buddhism doesn´t ever quote/ study the actual Buddhist suttras..which are a core point of following and understanding Buddhism/the precepts...

So nice to find another Theravada Buddhist on here- or atleast one who has studied it :4: :1: Thich Nhat Hahn is a zen Buddhist monk who I have deep respect for. He is a true bodhisattva.
Pleased to meet you
June 9, 2020 at 01:33
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » nikkia
Yes nikkia. I enjoy pondering the meanings of astrology as well as other esoteric pursuits.

Just like music, I know there are many less knowledgeable but there are many more knowledgeable than I.

It doesn’t matter. There is value in self discovery.

I personally find astrology to be a great way to examine and explore myself.
June 9, 2020 at 01:48
(Aquarius) nikkia » Leo Moon
Dude... I can´t get this less than lady- like image of your self-discovery while you examine and explore yourself out of my head! What a word picture you created !!! Oh geez. I need some sleep...lol.
Yes, very valuable. :3: indeed.
June 9, 2020 at 02:45
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » nikkia
Ha ha!!! Heh hi .., wahhh

That’s awesome I painted that picture!

It was inadvertently...that I guarantee! ( though it pleases me to no end that my words were interpreted that way!)

Ha ha... But You crack me up! :4:

That exploration is totally different! Preferably not self! :2:

The funniest stuff is always by accident!
June 9, 2020 at 04:57
(Virgo) rohini moon » RunnerChic85
It’s helped me learn so much about myself, my tendencies, and to use those to be a better person.

I think you understand the tools of astrology better than most. :4:
June 9, 2020 at 05:43
Ordination as a zen nun shouldn´t be that difficult to attain, they still exist.

In Theravada tradition the nuns have faded into obscurity....I asked monks I know about it, pretty much if I ever wanted to ordain I´d have to settle to be a white robe, and even then there is only one or two places in USA that would except it. It´s hard to come by for a woman who wants to ordain under Theravada.
June 9, 2020 at 10:43
I studied Theravada for ten years under a former monk. Then I wandered over to the Tibetans at my local Shambala center for a while, got through their Level 4 training for whatever that is worth, met Pema Chodron at a workshop, and came very close to following her to Gampo Abbey. I have always been attracted to Zen because it is so funny. I began weekly dokusan and training with a teacher from the Zen Garland Order a couple of years ago. I love zen so far. I have become a huge fan of Dogen. Zen is nothing like what many people think it is. The term has been co-opted and used as a marketing tool. Ordination can take many years. There is not a strict system, and it happens when your teacher thinks you are ready. Koan study is very different from anything I have ever experienced before.
June 9, 2020 at 11:46
(Taurus) dani_mae1
I was 12, fresh into my first Jupiter return when I found astrology. I was in a Borders bookstore and found myself in the new age aisle. Upon inspection of the books I found all sorts of topics that blew me away. Then there was this very large purple book that caught my attention. I picked it up and it was Linda Goodman’s Sun Signs.

Well, I took my birthday present home and that book started it all. It was devoured in a day. Then the first astrology websites started popping up around when I was 16. This was a total game changer. Now when I asked people for their birth information and casted a natal chart, it took mere moments instead of hours sitting with various tables etc... and still being not accurate.

Now I could quickly get natal charts at parties For everyone I met and really see what I had read up to that point in practice. It was such a freakin cool time period.

Astrology took a backseat for a while, but was always there for me in the background. I had life events that I would utilize astrology for. That’s how I duplicated my husband and I sun signs in our girls (an Aquarius and Taurus). My point is I never really ever dropped astrology completely, it’s ingrained in my life.

It took till my 36th year, my third Jupiter return exactly to realize astrology contained part of my true vocation. So, now I’m on the path of that and astrology is an aspect in almost every thing I do.
June 9, 2020 at 11:55
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » dani_mae1
Oh, and I’d like to note my eldest daughter is in her first Jupiter return right now. I introduced her to a plethora of subjects and snuck astrology in. She wants nothing to do with it except it’s kinda cool.

She’s decided tho to become a marine biologist.

So, I’m not sure truly if my Jupiter return really had anything to do with astrology as I believe it to have been.

However my middle daughter is 10, so not quite into her Jupiter return yet and she is very interested in the subject. She sneaks my books :61:
June 9, 2020 at 13:33
In Theravada tradition it is against the monks precepts to teach women. I was noteven allowed to hand them offerings directly, it must covered in cloth, and you have to be accompanied by a man...that is the only way a monk will even talk to you. He certainly doesn´t "teach" them.

Number 2 you have to be ordained by a Nun. Monks do not ordain women. This is basic Buddhist precepts in Theravada. And In all Buddhist traditions...I have never heard a monk ordaining anyone other than males.

You might want to look into who´s teaching you. And I say this only because Buddha warned of "black dharma" in the suttras, that no Buddhist today even bothers to read...

I lived in NC for 13 years, I found my Theravada monastery there.
June 9, 2020 at 14:37
Most cool! Where in NC did you live? My teacher was a former monk. He had disrobed several years before I met him, so the teaching probably was not as pure as what you are used to, but it met my needs at the time. He used to talk about the rigid rules of his order in Thailand. I was never ordained by him and he would not have presumed to even consider it. I just took refuge vows both with him and again when I was studying with the Tibetans. Where was the monastery? I knew folks from one in Lafayette, CA when I lived near there.
June 9, 2020 at 16:56
(Virgo) rohini moon » dani_mae1
Me too Dani, as a kid me and my friends knowledge was as shallow as our sun signs...lol..silly.

Mostly all of my friends growing up were all Virgos, so it was fairly easy for us to study our remedial "sun sign" astrology knowledge....haha, I found real core astrology much later in life, but I do believe everything happens for a reason, I was meant to find Buddhism first which then led me down the path to Vedic astrology much later...

My Jupiter return was more centered around religion and my Saturn return about hard lessons that pushed me towards astrology
June 9, 2020 at 21:23
(Scorpio) Crowleys Disciple
I want to say like 20s is when I found out my sign in western astrology Scorpio...I never really paid attention before then. I knew I was a horse as a kid since we ate chinese a lot and assumed that was my sign.
June 9, 2020 at 22:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Great question!!

In the early ´70´s I read my mom´s Linda Goodman´s Sun sign book, along with her Cosmo´s every month.

January´s issue always had the thick Bedside Astrologer issue.

I would sneak into my mom´s closet to read these.

Do you remember the one Cosmo that had the woman´s nipple discreetly un-edited??

Anyway...

Much time past and fast forward to August 15, 1985.

That´s when I became TOTALLY engrossed into studying astrology.

I think, at that time, there were 5 or 6 or 7 magazine publications of astrology and every month I would read them along with many, many books.

All tropical.

I always thought I was Scorpio.

I waited til I had a good foundation of knowledge until I got my birth chart. I got it from Astro Communication Services. Neil Michelsen was the owner of the company. He is the author of American Ephemeris.

https://astrocom.com/author/…

I got my chart in March of 1987.

Found out I was a Sagittarius. I´m a cusper so Mercury in Scorpio was my sway.

Read much literature from 1985 through 1993; spent many hours in Barnes and Nobles. Saw the shift changes. I read many books from there; sitting in the aisles, bought many, too!!

Edith Bunker said "those were the days."

She wasn´t kidding.

:122: :99:
June 9, 2020 at 22:28
(Virgo) rohini moon » Chadjames
Edith Bunker said "those were the days."

Lol. Love Edith. Always appreciate your responses Chad, never dull with you ;)
June 9, 2020 at 22:30
(Taurus) Morena_Lu
I was 15, but since I was a kid I was interested in everything that is hidden/supernatural, I was literally in love with this tv show. :12:
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
YouTube
YouTube
June 9, 2020 at 22:45
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » rohini moon
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Well... with sideral Mars in Gemini:

I guess I´ll have to learn to become an Amolador dealing with coutelier!!

Gotta keep it sharp!!
June 9, 2020 at 22:49
(Virgo) rohini moon » Chadjames
My father had Mars in Gemini. ;)
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini