My mum LYING about my birthday ! Astrology identity crisis

June 6, 2020 at 14:44 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) niathegreat
My mum LYING about my birthday ! Astrology identity crisis
Hello, I am originally from Muscat but I came to the Uk when i was a baby. During this time of immigrating my mum changed my birthday for absolutely no reason (or one I have refused to ask out of fear it’s stupid) making me an Aquarius and I have believed and studied my chart for years. I strongly identify with being an Aquarius (my legal birthday and all I’ve known my entire life) but the truth has been revealed today after it was rumoured in my family to tease me that I am born in June - my mum always denied this and as she is the one that gave birth to me I didn’t question it. I want to know, do I go on as if I am an Aquarius or I do see myself now as a Gemini? A lot of placements (thankfully my moon, mercury, north node) are still the same and the way I see myself being a Gemini are traits most air signs and especially Aquarians already have. Please can a professional astrologer help me with what to do as I feel like I’ve been robbed of an identity.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 7, 2020 at 09:26
(Aries) ram_goat
Damn lying mothers..
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
June 7, 2020 at 09:42
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
No offense, but, I would take the original Aquarius chart and compare it to your mom´s and then take the correct one and do the same comparison.

Subconscious forces...
June 7, 2020 at 10:05
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
My brother in law was born in a developing country and he doesn´t know if his birth date is correct, needless to say that birth time is completely unknown, and birth place might be also hypothetical, if his mother didn´t remember it well. He got a citizenship of a foreign country as a little boy and a refugee of war, and claimed different age than he was, because he didn´t know. Even his surname was artificially chosen as being both surname and a given name. But it´s quite clear that he was born and all planets, except of the Moon and the ASC are very likely to be correct. Many immigrants don´t know their birth date, and don´t own a passport. Some use the system and say they are 16 while they are 27, for example, which has many legal advantages over being an adult.
June 7, 2020 at 10:15
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » light
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Celtic zodiac of trees is based on the date of conception. It´s here on this site. Check it out, light. :)
June 7, 2020 at 10:26
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
@niathegreat
Some immigrants may be filling the forms like if it doesn´t matter, so just writing some nonsense, and having the job done. Imagine you´re hungry, dirty and anxious, and you´re asked to fill a form so insignificant for a real life. It might have been deliberate or accidental. You should ask your mom what was the reason and what is true.
June 7, 2020 at 10:26
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » light
=====
https://www.britannica.com/science/…
June 7, 2020 at 10:35
(Pisces) light » MarvinReal
Yes you´re right about that :1:
June 7, 2020 at 13:23
(Virgo) rohini moon » ram_goat
I second that .. Completely.

I don´t understand parents lying to their children about..anything. shouldn´t be an option.

In the end they just wind up losing their child´s respect.
June 8, 2020 at 15:20
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » niathegreat
System message: Post has been written by user hh, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
an interesting experiment here.

im showing you dont have any personal planets in aquarius, either in the tropical or sidereal chart. can i ask what about yourself you find aquarius qualities? im just curious.

if you were a true aquarius sun you would have a rather detached relationship with the father. thats the classic aqu sun definition. also aqu sun is in bad dignity being opp of leo, so theres some incentive there.

the closest thing im seeing is you have strong gemini (even gemini rising in sidereal) in your chart, another air sign, like aqu, so its similar in element. so their may be some detached nature to the father but not nearly as pronounced as the highest air sign, aqu.
June 8, 2020 at 16:13
(Gemini) niathegreat » hh
after reading about the barnum effect that someone kindly left the link to in the forum i have a feeling it’s 50% a psychological attachment.

i didn’t grow up around my father (he’s a cancer) but we would visit often as he still lives in muscat. i don’t have anything against him but i find him hard to be around and i do have a detached relationship with him.

in terms of how i relate to being an aquarius- i am emotionally detached, it’s been pointed out to me i seem detached during conversation when it isn’t intentional but i’ve read somewhere this is also a gemini trait. i think logically most of the time and i find overly emotional people unbearable. to be honest, i’m just very weird i love anything unconventional, from personal style to relationship style and social political thoughts . freedom is the most important thing to me especially as i grew up with somewhat of an oppressive mother. mainly being an innovative thinker, i like guiding people with ways to make their life easier. i pride myself on being a good conversationalist, thinking deep, looking at things from all perspectives and asking the right questions to provoke deep thinking in others. i can often use people as a sounding board, not necessarily have a conversation with them for their input but more have a conversation with myself with another person if that makes sense.

i
June 8, 2020 at 16:44
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » niathegreat
System message: Post has been written by user hh, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
you do have uranus trine sun/mer/jup. so uranus is giving aquarius like qualities to your sun and everything the sun represents.

you mentioned you are detached in conversation but also a good conversationalist so not sure what you mean since they seem to contradict, maybe thats confirmation of the ´split´ gemini quality, haha. but the air signs do need alot of interaction with others and to bounce ideas off others like you said.
your partner in life may be a much deeper thinker than you. a source of the freedom you seek as well as having a healing theme to the relationship. but a sense of being unfulfilled in interactions with others as you seek to develop a stronger self identity and independence.

your chart isnt showing you are emotionally detached. but rather, you are deeply emotional (especially moon trine mars, plu), but being near the mc, makes it great for dealing mostly with the larger public. in the 10th, the moon feels uncomfy here, being in the opposite of its home, 4th. that may describe some of the discomfort or detachedness of your emotions, since the moon will simultaneously square the asc, it will mean what you display to others and what you actually feel are a bit at odds.
June 9, 2020 at 11:54
(Scorpio) Crowleys Disciple
I have a similar problem with my ascendant, time of birth. There was a dissagreement between my mother and grandmother and other family members on time of birth. My mother says one thing but I got three family members who say she is wrong they were looking at clocks and remember. I just figured mother knows best. If I use time mother gave Im a capricorn ascendant, If I was born more around 9am like my grandmother and family claim, then im a saggitarius ascendent. I also thought capricorn ascendant fit me better and just went with that.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »