Taking in criticism, negativity, and negative feedback

June 3, 2020 at 18:23 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Taking in criticism, negativity, and negative feedback
As well as positive feedback, compliments, good news etc. Who can do it?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
June 3, 2020 at 18:25
(Virgo) Kuklacı
Yeah who can take criticism? We Virgos are dying to criticize and we are running out of people who can take it! We need more.

Jokes aside, criticisms and compliments have a lot to do with self-worth. People who have high self-worth tend to find it easier to compliment others and take criticism well. People who are not so don´t offer much compliment because they don´t want to give more territory to the other side in the game of clash of egos.

Know what placements determine confidence and self-worth and you´ve got your answer, I suppose.
June 3, 2020 at 18:33
(Taurus) Iceblu333
I have a problem with authority... Especially when someone tries to criticize me but never give me ways to better whatever I´m doing...

An Example... In sales. The boss wants you to meet a goal or Sale. Sometimes they want you to sell the poop that someone crapped out of thier butthole back to them...

And if you don´t meet that criteria, then you are not pushing hard enough, or doing enough. And your pay is cut until you find a way to sell someone´s own poop to them...

When you´re good. You´re the man...

That´s one day....

The next day when the customer returns the poop to you because they found that the poop is... Whatever excuse for returning....

Then you go from the man to nothing or less than nothing... All because the boss has his own goal to meet as well...

And at that point you are nothing to him.

He wants you to find a way to sell something no matter how you do it. He gives no clear example...

:2:

So, I don´t take anyone´s input or feedback seriously. Especially when I have my own personal outcome already planned.

So, can I take it... Yes. But it´s useless to me. Someone who can love you one day... Can just as easily hate you the next day...

That´s why I say never put me on a pedestal. Any one who can put you on a pedestal... Can take you off that pedestal... :3:
June 3, 2020 at 18:52
(Virgo) RohiniMoon
What´s wrong Marvin? :27:
June 3, 2020 at 19:17
(Libra) leorising » Iceblu333
an academic life would be good with your way thinking, someone focused on the construction of knowledge.
I have a thought like yours about sales (I believe it is my South node in Libra house 3) :68:
June 3, 2020 at 19:20
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » leorising
Thanks... I have no idea what I´m gonna do. :4:
June 3, 2020 at 19:35
(Sagittarius) Sus » Iceblu333
"I have a problem with authority... Especially when someone tries to criticize me but never give me ways to better whatever I´m doing...

An Example... In sales. The boss wants you to meet a goal or Sale. Sometimes they want you to sell the poop that someone crapped out of thier butthole back to them..."

Oh my God!! It was written by me!!
June 3, 2020 at 19:38
(Aquarius) nikkia
This is a great question.

I´ve heard the most horrible things in my life ! I´ve taken it. But not lying down. Negativity is everywhere -and negative people usually give negative feedback. I consider the source, the usefulness (or not) of their viewpoint and then carry on with life. This says more about them than it does about me.
There´s always the option to tell them to bug-off, too.

Positive feedback is always self-affirming, especially with work or school or relationships. It takes caring people to give you their ´praise´... and it lets you know that you are doing something right or good for yourself or another.... or them. Without it, it´s hard to gauge how you affect those around you.

Compliments- everyone wants them, so few give them, less actually receive them.
I´ve always wondered why this is. Giving a compliment won´t kill anyone.

I´m not good at accepting compliments. But I´ve made improvements over time. Still, not there.

I live for Good News !

´Criticism´ is a delicate thing to deliver to another, especially when you care for them. You don´t want to hurt their feelings or esteem, but you don´t want them to keep hurting themselves, either. Offering suggestions for ways to improve - this helps a person see another way, a better way of responding to the current situation. When done gently and wisely, it can be very helpful if the person is capable of making adjustments.
June 3, 2020 at 19:45
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Sus
What do you mean?
June 3, 2020 at 19:51
(Aries) nutelina » Sus
Then you two are dirtbags :28: :61:
June 3, 2020 at 19:56
(Aquarius) Marc Sales
Here they quote me a lot, but I repeat, I don´t SELL anything !!!!

:3:
June 3, 2020 at 20:44
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » nutelina
You sell yourself everyday, if you think about it.

The nice clothes, the fake smiles, the small talk... That you really couldn´t care less about if you actually didn´t have to deal with whatever situation you are in...

You sell yourself to get a partner... Though you could never live up to thier dream expectations... You do your best so that you can accomplish the partner...

And you are sold things everyday... Wonder why some places give free samples... That´s a sales tactic...

The clothes and fashions that you think are your choice, are actually beaten into you until you begin to wear those fashions...

The music as well.. The industry forces you to listen to crap until you like it... Or find one crappy song that you can stand just a little... Then you adapt to its genre... And you start listening to it... Or a few songs...

Even YouTube and Google, has people dependant on thier services. By establishing a monopoly... But I digress.

Am I a crappy person? I can be, sometimes. But not mostly.

If other people can´t live with that then that is on them. Not my problem...

There are things that I simply detest of some people But that is on me...

Live and let live...
June 3, 2020 at 21:23
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
One of the worst things is NO feedback.

Thus I just want to thank personally everyone who, so far, took his/her time and effort to write thoughts about this.

I personally dislike even a positive feedback.
June 3, 2020 at 21:25
(Cancer) ZynCitrus
I think that Gemini, sag and aqua are capable to take criticism, because that´s not emotional or ego thing for them, but a thing to look rationally and then react accordingly

and yes, Virgo and cap are criticizers :39:
June 3, 2020 at 21:30
(Aquarius) nikkia » MarvinReal
**I personally dislike even positive feedback**

Good to know. In the case, I take back that this was a great question :2:
June 3, 2020 at 21:39
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » nikkia
=====
Nope. That´s not a problem.
:4:

I dislike when someone is flattering me too much, or criticizing too much. It´s because I can do it myself if I wanted to and I don´t really need it. Although sometimes it´s nice. Criticism is also nice, if it´s constructive and sensitively put. That´s what helps us to progress.
:5:
June 3, 2020 at 22:00
(Sagittarius) Sus » Iceblu333
Cause that´s exactly what I feel :61:
June 3, 2020 at 22:01
(Sagittarius) Sus » nutelina
I don´t sell poop :61:
June 3, 2020 at 22:02
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Sus
Ha, oK
June 4, 2020 at 01:47
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
Criticism is amusing to me unless it’s thoughtful and on point.

Then I appreciate it, because it gives me something to consider.

I absolutely love drawing severe and negative criticism , because it cracks me up to no end and is an indication that I am doing my job correctly.

I’m always my own harshest critic. I know when I have messed up.

I do agree Marvin that no feedback at all is disheartening. Especially when really putting my heart and soul into something.

Perhaps my Leo Moon dislikes being ignored.
Though then, my Aquarius Sun tells me to quit taking myself too seriously.
June 4, 2020 at 03:50
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Hannahohdear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Such a good prompt, nice Marvin. :3:

I think I have an interesting reaction to negativity. I have found in my workplaces I am bad at saying no and standing up for myself, I often find it easier to just let people be mad or take advantage of my rug-ness and vent their frustrations, the gemini/pisces mix can see that the person is usually airing a them problem, it doesn´t have a lot to do with me.

However, I find criticism different. I am BAD at dealing with criticism. I go very stoney faced, tight lipped, and feel like I have to control the overwhelming emotional tidal wave that comes over me. Often afterwards I have to go and let these emotions out somewhere private. I am bad at keeping level headed in the moment and responding to the criticism, I often just want the interaction to end, am still agreeable to what they´re saying even if I don´t. Although! This is in the context of say my boss to me, where there´s a power discrepancy. If it´s a colleague I am much more astute, I stand up for myself, I don´t find this emotional tidal wave occurs and I can calmly or bluntly express my opinions. It really does depend on what´s happening though, I´ve had sit downs with colleagues and told them with assertive language I felt their behaviour at work was upsetting me and it´s gone well but that comes from a background in psychology where I learnt it´s better to isolate people for conversations like that, and use I language.

It´s funny because after learning more about my aquarius moon I think it explains my need to just end the interaction if it gets emotional. I believe I have the upper hand, that I´m misunderstood, and that aquarian stubbornness comes into play.
June 4, 2020 at 04:05
(Leo) RunnerChic85
“Jokes aside, criticisms and compliments have a lot to do with self-worth. People who have high self-worth tend to find it easier to compliment others and take criticism well.”

This—I find this to be so true. When I’m feeling good about myself, I want to build others up as well. I also tend to take criticism in stride.

Another thought about criticism...as uncomfortable as it is, I believe there are many situations it is much more preferable than saying nothing for the sake of avoiding conflict. The people I have appreciated the most were the ones who could give me feedback in an honest but encouraging manner.

I used to not take criticism well—when I was younger, I’d either 1) get really defensive, or 2) be crushed, but self-worth is a lot. As I’ve developed more self-worth, I have more of the belief that I’m generally a good human at the core, but still learning, and feedback is an opportunity to learn. I’m still human though, and having a lot of water in my chart, I’m very receptive to how the feedback is delivered.
June 4, 2020 at 06:32
(Aries) nutelina » Iceblu333
Question is if you like what you are doing? But it´s time to seriously look to options if I look at what is happenening in the USA.
June 4, 2020 at 06:32
(Aries) nutelina » Sus
Not yet :2:
June 4, 2020 at 06:36
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » nutelina
Oh, I´m not doing anything right now... I´m pretty lucky I have everything paid off... Other than that...

I´m just learning more astrology...

But back then when I was into sales I hated it... But when my boss tried to fire me... I decided to crush him by any means necessary... And I did...

I became the top seller in the district...
June 4, 2020 at 12:21
(Aries) nutelina » Iceblu333
That´s an odd similarity we share. Somehow I like to prove people wrong. But I never really knew what I was good at or what I liked.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »